Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Libertyroxx

Re: Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:53 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
paxderomano wrote:Would really love to see a Thrawn pop. He's been a favorite for a long time. Speaking of, anyone that is a Star Wars fan I highly recommend reading the Timothy Zahn "Thrawn Trilogy" that starts with Heir to the Empire. I know it's all retconned now and the books have been out a long time, but it's still some of the best book material out there for Star Wars.

Also if you don't watch Rebels I suggest you do. I admit that I was on the fence about giving it a chance for a long time. But now I'm up to the current part of season 3, and though I found parts of Season 1 to be frankly pretty bad, the show has improved significantly over time.

For sure. Any of Zahn's Star Wars books are really good, but his original Thrawn trilogy is probably the best capture of the Star Wars spirit in novel form.

Agreed 100%. I can't think of anything else I've read that has captured the essence of Star Wars better than those novels. Although I did really like the TFA prequel Bloodline quite a bit.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:21 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
racheva wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
There are people collecting the other Funko lines, so...

So, it's my opinion? I didn't know those weren't allowed here. It's not even an unpopular opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of dorbz either. That being said, as long as there is at least 1 pop in each box, I'm fine with whatever else they throw in as filler. I wouldn't want a dorbz (or giant sized mymoji) in place of a pop, but if there's 1-2 pops, mini-hikari, socks, plush, mug, dorbz, that's cool.

And that's all I'm saying. I don't want a Guardians type box from SB. I personally would not be pleased.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 am

paxderomano wrote:Would really love to see a Thrawn pop. He's been a favorite for a long time. Speaking of, anyone that is a Star Wars fan I highly recommend reading the Timothy Zahn "Thrawn Trilogy" that starts with Heir to the Empire. I know it's all retconned now and the books have been out a long time, but it's still some of the best book material out there for Star Wars.

Also if you don't watch Rebels I suggest you do. I admit that I was on the fence about giving it a chance for a long time. But now I'm up to the current part of season 3, and though I found parts of Season 1 to be frankly pretty bad, the show has improved significantly over time.

I'm thrilled that they brought Timothy Zhan back to write the "Thrawn" novel that delves into his backstory more. I've only read Heir to the Empire and I keep forgetting to get the rest of the books from my library. I might have to do that this weekend - I'm late to the EU book game even if it's noncanon (pfffft)
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:27 am

eljefe81 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:I really get an inkling that it might be Thrawn. The new Thrawn novel is slated to be released April, so this would be a really good tie-in.

I hope so! Maybe as the pin or patch (which would also be cool). Still hoping for the glow in the dark red eyes Thrawn Pop :)

We have to get *something* Thrawn, right? It's mean to tease, Funko! lol A glow in the dark red eye Thrawn would be really cool.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:28 am

Lonikins wrote:

I'm thrilled that they brought Timothy Zhan back to write the "Thrawn" novel that delves into his backstory more. I've only read Heir to the Empire and I keep forgetting to get the rest of the books from my library. I might have to do that this weekend - I'm late to the EU book game even if it's noncanon (pfffft)

Oh I didn't even know that that happened! That's incredible! Definitely going to have to pick that one up!
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 am

While I wish very much for something Thrawn, my gut tells me that we aren't going to see him just yet. I think he's more likely to be a Celebration exclusive. I forget where, but there was an interview floating around that stated Funko plans out these subscription boxes about a year in advance.

If that's true, then that would mean at the time that they were plotting the contents of this box, Thrawn was not yet revealed to the public (and probably not to the toy companies either). The fact that all of the Rebels POP designs so far reflect season 1 & 2, not season 3 character designs, supports the idea that they aren't on top of current events in the series. There could very well be a non-pop item in there (hat, shirt, etc) that references him, since those can be turned around and changed in a matter of weeks, but I just don't think Thrawn was a known option for them to decide on a Pop at the time they were plotting out the contents of this box.

In short - If we're guessing a second pop exists in this box besides Maul, I think we're better off looking at Season 1 & 2 for possibilities.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:53 am

That's a very good point. Just to keep some hope alive, however, there is the possibility that Funko had a Thrawn pop designed previously (maybe at that point planned in a "Legends" line) that could be ready for this box. I can dream, can't I? But still, you're right, it's probably more likely that it would be a pin or patch if he shows up in this box (although, Thrawn plushie!).
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:01 pm

paxderomano wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Oh I didn't even know that that happened! That's incredible! Definitely going to have to pick that one up!

I believe the release date is April 11th for the Zahn Thrawn book.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
paxderomano wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

I believe the release date is April 11th for the Zahn Thrawn book.

Darn was hoping it was out already! Just have to read something else for now. Thanks for the heads up!

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:58 pm

eljefe81 wrote:I believe the release date is April 11th for the Zahn Thrawn book.

It's April 6th here(UK), I'd love if it was out sooner. I'm really enjoying his role in Rebels
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:13 pm

POPHawk wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:I believe the release date is April 11th for the Zahn Thrawn book.

It's April 6th here(UK), I'd love if it was out sooner. I'm really enjoying his role in Rebels

Lucky! Don't post spoilers! :)

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Celesdragon wrote:While I wish very much for something Thrawn, my gut tells me that we aren't going to see him just yet. I think he's more likely to be a Celebration exclusive. I forget where, but there was an interview floating around that stated Funko plans out these subscription boxes about a year in advance.

If that's true, then that would mean at the time that they were plotting the contents of this box, Thrawn was not yet revealed to the public (and probably not to the toy companies either). The fact that all of the Rebels POP designs so far reflect season 1 & 2, not season 3 character designs, supports the idea that they aren't on top of current events in the series. There could very well be a non-pop item in there (hat, shirt, etc) that references him, since those can be turned around and changed in a matter of weeks, but I just don't think Thrawn was a known option for them to decide on a Pop at the time they were plotting out the contents of this box.

In short - If we're guessing a second pop exists in this box besides Maul, I think we're better off looking at Season 1 & 2 for possibilities.

I feel bad saying this since I know not everyone can go to SWC, but I would be stoked if he was an exclusive! Tbh, I'm not sure if there will be any exclusives that won't also be available from third party sellers, so everyone should be happy :)
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:50 am

racheva wrote:
Celesdragon wrote:While I wish very much for something Thrawn, my gut tells me that we aren't going to see him just yet. I think he's more likely to be a Celebration exclusive. I forget where, but there was an interview floating around that stated Funko plans out these subscription boxes about a year in advance.

I feel bad saying this since I know not everyone can go to SWC, but I would be stoked if he was an exclusive! Tbh, I'm not sure if there will be any exclusives that won't also be available from third party sellers, so everyone should be happy :)

Hopefully they'll do it the way they do SDCC, with a convention exclusive sticker for people there (so you get rewarded/get to feel special about your pop) and then a generic one for the third party sellers. Next time SWC is on the West Coast I plan on going!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 pm

AHHH, SO EXCITED

Spoiler: show
DAVE FILONI POSTED THIS PICTURE WITH A CAPTAIN REX POP AND IT HAS THE SMUGGLERS BOUNTY STICKER ON IT I ACTUALLY SCREAMED!!!!
Last edited by jkcohen626 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:11 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:AHHH, SO EXCITED, WILL ADD PICTURE SOON

DAVE FILONI POSTED THIS PICTURE WITH A CAPTAIN REX POP AND IT HAS THE SMUGGLERS BOUNTY STICKER ON IT I ACTUALLY SCREAMED!!!!

No idea who that is. But, I still kind of want this box just for the Maul.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Very exciting! I am not going to Celebration, but I will also take a Thrawn pop any way that I can get him - I'm sure all the celebration exclusives will be shared like they have in previous years (at least i hope so). Didn't know about the Thrawn book, but now I'm super excited about it. I never got about to reading all the Star Wars books, but the Zahn Series is one that I did and I loved it.
Hi, I'm Merri!

racheva

Postby racheva » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:AHHH, SO EXCITED

I'm bummed that I spoiled myself. I'm exhausted and I clicked the link and then had a delayed, "doh, look what thread you're in." But! That's an awesome pop! I'm getting really excited for the pops at SWC!

odnar

Postby odnar » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm not disappointed at the possible spoiler although it wasn't my first choice for a second Pop. Hopefully the SWCO exclusives will be available online like the European SWC ones were last year. Even though they had the "Galactic Convention" sticker rather than the SWC one I felt fortunate to be able to get them.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:46 am

That second pop is great! Never would've expected it but I love it!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:55 am

Aaaand subbed.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 am

Lonikins wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on the new Thrawn book! I'm currently on the last book of the trilogy and I love them even if they aren't "official canon" anymore :)
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:21 am

Wow two POPs that's amazing :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:49 am

Strending625 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on the new Thrawn book! I'm currently on the last book of the trilogy and I love them even if they aren't "official canon" anymore :)

Welcome! And who cares if they say it's not canon - it's a dang good read.

ImageImageImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:12 am

Huh, I don't watch Rebels, but Rex is neat. There's still room for a Mini-Hikari, though, right?

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:13 pm

With 2 pops I think there is still room for 4-5 mini hikari in each box. Make that box massive!
Brandon

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:40 pm

I think this box will be 2 pops, shirt, pin and patch (back to the old formula), but who knows, maybe they will throw in something special!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:46 pm

eljefe81 wrote:I think this box will be 2 pops, shirt, pin and patch (back to the old formula), but who knows, maybe they will throw in something special!

I think 2 pops with a shirt is pretty special all on it's own lol Can't wait until Star Wars Mystery minis come out though and hope we get some exclusives in the boxes.
Hi, I'm Merri!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:57 pm

synergy56 wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:I think this box will be 2 pops, shirt, pin and patch (back to the old formula), but who knows, maybe they will throw in something special!

I think 2 pops with a shirt is pretty special all on it's own lol Can't wait until Star Wars Mystery minis come out though and hope we get some exclusives in the boxes.

Can't wait for those either! That will be awesome, especially if they do them like the Ant-Man box where you'll get 2 of 4. I like having to chase things :)

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Strending625 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Welcome! And who cares if they say it's not canon - it's a dang good read.

Not entirely related to the box, but just got announced that Timothy Zahn is going to be coming to Phoenix Comicon. IF they come out with a Thrawn Pop before then, I'm totally having him sign it :)

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 am

So looking forward to a new Zahn novel. I loved his trilogy back in the day! Thanks for cluing me on to this!
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:43 am

eljefe81 wrote:Not entirely related to the box, but just got announced that Timothy Zahn is going to be coming to Phoenix Comicon. IF they come out with a Thrawn Pop before then, I'm totally having him sign it :)

Great idea =D> That would be really cool, be sure to share pics :D
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:26 am

Will do! PHXCC does a great job of getting authors in (as well as a decent job on other celebs) and it's much easier to approach them and actually have a conversation than it is at San Diego

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:09 am

eljefe81 wrote:Will do! PHXCC does a great job of getting authors in (as well as a decent job on other celebs) and it's much easier to approach them and actually have a conversation than it is at San Diego

Thats pretty cool :) Best of luck getting it signed :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Warning spoilers ahead!!

https://www.smugglersbounty.com/blog/sp ... p-revealed

And a nice surprise at the end of the spoiler ;)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:14 pm

I think that spoiler was out before.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:22 pm

willy wonka wrote:I think that spoiler was out before.

It was, but this is "official" and the new announcement about a 3rd vinyl figure.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm really hoping the 3rd item is another mini-Hikari. Maybe we could see a Clone Trooper or something :D

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:33 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'm really hoping the 3rd item is another mini-Hikari. Maybe we could see a Clone Trooper or something :D

Chopper Mini Hikari, calling it! :D

Nick IG: collector.badger

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:51 pm

I knew that I loved this box when Darth Maul was revealed and loved it even more when the 2nd pop was originally leaked. Now a 3rd vinyl figure?! :mir1: :mir1:
Brandon

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm

CollectorBadger wrote:Chopper Mini Hikari, calling it! :D

Ohhh I like that idea! I really do think we are going to see a mini-Hikari as the 3rd item. We had 2 POPs + the Hikari back in November so I definitely think it's a possibility.

Return to “Powered by Funko”