Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
sdcccrasher

Re: Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:24 pm

DocRamon wrote:
EctoSpider wrote:The art from the advert looked like the season 1 poster so if they are basing it in that season Agent Kallus and/or the Inquisitor would be awesome. I'm hooked on this show so anything they put I'll like

yep... also, the kanan pop that we got still has his sight. the ezra still has long hair. the sabine has her season 2 hair coloring. i’m thinking the rebels pops were put into production before season 3 started, which probably means we’re not getting thrawn. any guesses from season 1 or 2 are a better bet. inquisitor or kallus are my top choices too. kallus wouldn’t make for a very exciting pop -- although i’d love to get one made at some point -- so i’m betting this is inquisitor.

good pop to get too, since his story is over. it’s not a situation like kanan, where now they need to make a helmeted version.

Let's believe for the best ... The Inquisitor and Thrawn!!!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

AliCat4004

Postby AliCat4004 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:26 pm

emcee wrote:Weren't they supposed to release what the POP item is, or is that for only certain boxes?

i think it's for every box that they announce the POP in advance. Also this teaser came out on Friday. starwars.com might post something during the week

I live and breathe
MARVEL, STAR WARS & SUPERNATURAL

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Love for it to be Thrawn also

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 am

kickinit wrote:Love for it to be Thrawn also

The people have spoken :cheers: :cheers: lol
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:43 pm

POPHawk wrote:
kickinit wrote:Love for it to be Thrawn also

The people have spoken :cheers: :cheers: lol

May the Funko Funatic Force cause all our Funko wishes to be granted!!! =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 pm

I think I'll be happy with anything from Star Wars Rebels, but these 5 Pops would IMPRESS me:

1. Battle damaged Darth Vader from the Ahsoka Tano duel. Darth Vader mania is in full effect from the Rogue One scene so might as well give the fans what they want!

2. Imperial Stormtrooper disguise Kanan Jarrus with lightsaber AND blaster. That'd be one nice looking Pop.

3. Ezra Bridger with the green cross guard lightsaber.

4. Jedi Temple Guard Grand Inquisitor

5. Imperial Stromtrooper disguise Captain Rex

All from Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels. I left out Darth Maul because I'd be happy to wait for him until we see what happens with the Ben Kenobi showdown.

I want Thrawn too, but I'd rather get other Pops before we get to Season 3.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

powderkid28

Postby powderkid28 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:40 pm

I want a new Maul, Thrawn would be awesome too, but TCW and Rebels have done so much for Maul's character. I don't even think of TPM Maul anymore. The animated series have done that awesome looking character justice!

powderkid28

Postby powderkid28 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Vagabond wrote:
All from Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels. I left out Darth Maul because I'd be happy to wait for him until we see what happens with the Ben Kenobi showdown.

Some very good ideas but I don't see them going back. I think they'll cover season 1 and 2 by general releases and I don't see them going too far in depth with them either, probably just main characters. I view this box as more of a promotional box and want to give us a glimpse or tease of what's to come kind of like the Rogue One box.

Not sure how or why the Kenobi-Maul duel would impact a Maul Rebels pop. Curious to your thoughts on that.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Darth maul would be awesome for this box
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Vagabond

Postby Vagabond » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:41 am

powderkid28 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:

Some very good ideas but I don't see them going back. I think they'll cover season 1 and 2 by general releases and I don't see them going too far in depth with them either, probably just main characters. I view this box as more of a promotional box and want to give us a glimpse or tease of what's to come kind of like the Rogue One box.

Not sure how or why the Kenobi-Maul duel would impact a Maul Rebels pop. Curious to your thoughts on that.

Funko would be wise to wait on Maul until a Kenobi vs. Maul two-pack or something special like that. If there's no chance of something like that than I'm all for a Maul Pop as soon as possible.

Just imagine this in Pop form:

vs.

I hope Funko releases some Season 2 variants before continuing on with Season 3. With the whole Ghost crew out of the way all they need is the Grand Inquisitor and Agent Kallus and Season 1 would be finished.

If Funko completely bypasses Season 1 and 2 then a few Pops I'd like from Season 3 off the top of my head are Imperial Bike Scout disguise Ezra Bridger with his green lightsaber, Imperial Stormtrooper disguise blind Kanan Jarrus with lightsaber, Unmasked Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot Sabine, Sabine holding the Darksaber, and Pre Vizsla.

So many possibilities with Star Wars Rebels. I doubt Funko will disappoint with the Rebels Smuggler's Bounty box.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:05 am

Definitely excited for this one!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

AliCat4004

Postby AliCat4004 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 am

I think I'm the only one hoping that it is NOT Thrawn lol I would rather get Thrawn as a general release.

I live and breathe
MARVEL, STAR WARS & SUPERNATURAL

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:31 am

Well it's official https://www.smugglersbounty.com/. Looks amazing to me!
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:40 am

Perfect :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Seriously happy about this one :bounce:

Now I need to grab the original Darth Maul POP and Savage
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am

Always liked Maul, but.....didn't he die? Seems to me that being cut in half would be hard on a guy.

May need to stay subbed for this one.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 am

TheBoilerman wrote:Always liked Maul, but.....didn't he die? Seems to me that being cut in half would be hard on a guy.

Nope, he was cut in half, fell down a big shaft, lived, survived on a junk planet where he built himself a spider body, found his brother, got new robot legs, dueled with Kenobi again alongside his brother, lost, retreated, eventually went on to face the Emperor, lost, survived and then was later found by the Rebels team around an old Sith temple where he was looking for an ancient sith holocron so that he could exact his revenge on Palpatine until he dueled Kanan but lost once more, and that's as far as I got because I haven't caught up on S3 of Rebels lol

TL;DR: He's still going :D

Which is great because I love the character, and did you guys see his 1/6 scale figure :D

POPINABOX AFFILIATE

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 am

Wow I hope the sculpt matches the glam because that is AMAZING! Very nicely done.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:32 am

Looks amazing and has me really tempted to keep the subscription going. I am honestly more excited about the prospect of a shirt and the other goodies that might be in this box. Rebels is soooo good. I just need to convince the wife! lol
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 am

POPHawk wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:Always liked Maul, but.....didn't he die? Seems to me that being cut in half would be hard on a guy.

Nope, he was cut in half, fell down a big shaft, lived, survived on a junk planet where he built himself a spider body, found his brother, got new robot legs, dueled with Kenobi again alongside his brother, lost, retreated, eventually went on to face the Emperor, lost, survived and then was later found by the Rebels team around an old Sith temple where he was looking for an ancient sith holocron so that he could exact his revenge on Palpatine until he dueled Kanan but lost once more, and that's as far as I got because I haven't caught up on S3 of Rebels lol

Which is great because I love the character, and did you guys see his 1/6 scale figure :D

Makes me rethink how highly I thought of Qui-Gon...

Seriously though, I wasn't a big fan of them bringing him back in Clone Wars. I understand the desire to keep a popular bit-character going (has worked for Boba for decades), but this is Star Wars, not Marvel.

Ok, that wasn't really serious either.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 am

Maul looks amazing can't wait for this
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

powderkid28

Postby powderkid28 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 am

Vagabond wrote:
powderkid28 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:

Funko would be wise to wait on Maul until a Kenobi vs. Maul two-pack or something special like that. If there's no chance of something like that than I'm all for a Maul Pop as soon as possible.

I see what you're saying but I disagree. We already have 2 old ben's and one is in an action pose with his lightsaber. Would be super redundant in my opinion. I know this would be a slightly younger Ben but still.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:58 am

i'm really disappointed. there are so many characters who are specific to the animated shows, and this was a really good chance to highlight one, someone who may not get as much love on a regular basis. this just feels uninspired to me.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:21 am

Looks like I'm keeping my subscription up for another box lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Looks like I'm keeping my subscription up for another box lol

Looks like I'm resubbing lol :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:02 am

He looks fantastic! I never bought the original Darth Maul because the hypnotoad eyes always bothered me lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am

Back to back Home Runs from Smuggler's Bounty! I love Darth Maul so this was an awesome surprise.

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 am

Wait does it glow?

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am

Oh my! Looks like I'll keep my auto renew on

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:36 am

Mysterious wrote:Wait does it glow?

No, it does not glow, the glow is just to show the POP, not to show that the POP does glow yo :)
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

Wow I was planning on skipping this box seeing as I don't watch the show but that pop is awesome.
Higher, Further, Faster

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:17 pm

That Maul is so awesome! I really hope he glows as well.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Oh boy, that Darth Maul Pop looks awesome. I am definitely leaving the auto renew on for this one! :cheers:

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:19 pm

I absolutely WILL NOT STOP until I have this pop!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

POPHawk wrote:Nope, he was cut in half, fell down a big shaft, lived, survived on a junk planet where he built himself a spider body, found his brother, got new robot legs, dueled with Kenobi again alongside his brother, lost, retreated, eventually went on to face the Emperor, lost, survived and then was later found by the Rebels team around an old Sith temple where he was looking for an ancient sith holocron so that he could exact his revenge on Palpatine until he dueled Kanan but lost once more, and that's as far as I got because I haven't caught up on S3 of Rebels lol

Well when you put it all together like that it sounds like a soap opera. All we need now is his evil twin...or would it be a good twin?
Hi, I'm Merri!

odnar

Postby odnar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks for the Darth Maul recap POPhawk. I've been watching Rebels this season and wondered what happened since the character had obviously evolved since the movies. Looking forward to the box, as usual.

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm not a big Rebels guy, so I hope there's Mini Hikari Stormtroopers in here to make me satisfied.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Maul is one of my fav characters,ill have to pick up this box
- tauntaunking on instagram

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:59 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:Wow I was planning on skipping this box seeing as I don't watch the show but that pop is awesome.

Whaaaaa......? :bounce: How can you not watch Rebels, you need to get on that :P

synergy56 wrote:Well when you put it all together like that it sounds like a soap opera. All we need now is his evil twin...or would it be a good twin?

Or possibly an eviller twin :eek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4

odnar wrote:Thanks for the Darth Maul recap POPhawk. I've been watching Rebels this season and wondered what happened since the character had obviously evolved since the movies. Looking forward to the box, as usual.

You're welcome :cheers: They really developed him well in the cartoon shows, he's a great character now with a rich backstory
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:02 pm

POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:03 pm

i am very much needing this box now. <3

Return to “Powered by Funko”