Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mysterious

Re: Rebels Smuggers Bounty box

Postby Mysterious » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:36 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote: What?

They are promoting new things like the mug, socks, etc.
Shirts, scarves and socks are great but every sub box I have received with a mug in it ... the Pop box has been damaged. I believe they are to heavy and they bang against the center protector and damage the Pop box.

Well sorry to hear about that, I never have a box like this before. All I care is that the pop is fine along with everything else.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Mysterious wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
Mysterious wrote:They are promoting new things like the mug, socks, etc.
Shirts, scarves and socks are great but every sub box I have received with a mug in it ... the Pop box has been damaged. I believe they are to heavy and they bang against the center protector and damage the Pop box.

Well sorry to hear about that, I never have a box like this before. All I care is that the pop is fine along with everything else.
Yes, me too.
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:Shirts, scarves and socks are great but every sub box I have received with a mug in it ... the Pop box has been damaged. I believe they are to heavy and they bang against the center protector and damage the Pop box.

Yes, me too.

Everytime i try to get a box, its too late. For me, its hard to decide to order or or not.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:52 pm

It depends on how you like to buy. If you like to be able to examine the Pop before you buy, then a store will save you from any damaged boxes. If it doesn't matter, than there is no greater deal in the universe than the Funko Sub boxes. Personally, I love the shirts as well as the pops, pins and patches. Also,the Forbes article is very informative as to the growing popularity of Funko and they deserve all the props given.

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:42 pm

I hope it is a 2 pop box also and if it's not Thrawn I would like adult Ezra with green lightsaber and holding the holocron (it would pair nicely with Maul)

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 am

EctoSpider wrote:I hope it is a 2 pop box also and if it's not Thrawn I would like adult Ezra with green lightsaber and holding the holocron (it would pair nicely with Maul)

Yessss great idea with the Ezra POP, a small holocron pair would also be a cool extra :)
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:09 am

POPHawk wrote:
EctoSpider wrote:I hope it is a 2 pop box also and if it's not Thrawn I would like adult Ezra with green lightsaber and holding the holocron (it would pair nicely with Maul)

Yessss great idea with the Ezra POP, a small holocron pair would also be a cool extra :)

Where he has purple eyes some reason?

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 am

Mysterious wrote:Where he has purple eyes some reason?

Dark side

Its the mixing of the blue holocron and the red holocron ;-)
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 am

POPHawk wrote:

Dark side

Oooooooh

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 am

Mysterious wrote:
POPHawk wrote:

Dark side

Oooooooh

You mean the blue Holocene and sith holocron?

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 am

Mysterious wrote:You mean the blue Holocene and sith holocron?

Totes

POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm

POPHawk wrote:

Totes

Maybe we'll see

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Mysterious wrote:
POPHawk wrote:

Totes

Maybe we'll see

Will ask my mom lol

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Mysterious wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
POPHawk wrote:Totes

Maybe we'll see

Will ask my mom lol

wait..... we might get two pops look at the pattern of the past boxes!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Oh man if this box has a Maul and a Tatooine Obi Wan I'm gonna tweak lol
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:32 pm

POPHawk wrote:Oh man if this box has a Maul and a Tatooine Obi Wan I'm gonna tweak lol

what if its for season three rebels?

powderkid28

Postby powderkid28 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:48 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
Mysterious wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:Maul is my least favorite SW character, so I will be avoiding the Rebels SB box like the plague. Very disappointing choice. There were so many better options. It's possible there could be a 2nd Pop, but I will not buy it with Maul in it.

Or u can get the box and give the stuff u don't want to a family member :) yeah I get it Maul was scary when I was little but he grew on me :p

I never found him scary as a kid, I just thought he had a laughably stupid look to him, and was boring on top of that. I'm sorry to those who love him. I know he has a large fanbase (although I'll never understand why), but I always thought he (and Jar Jar) ruined TPM for me.

Imo Maul actually has the best story of any Star Wars character, unless you're into miraculous conception, midochlorian counts and hatred of sand (anakin.) While I'll admit that it's kind of out there to survive being sliced in half, the Clone Wars/Rebels did so much for his character. Seeing him as a revenge thirsty lunatic with mechanical legs, to seeing his home planet and the magic of the nightsisters, to the siege of mandalore (yet to be fully depicted, which I cannot freakin wait to see one day,) to seeing him get absolutely owned by palpatine, re-emerge as the old master, trying to turn Ezra dark, searching for "hope" (which is Obi Wan) to try to finally get his revenge...and I haven't even read the Maul comics. He is the best fleshed out character ever. I mean we just finally got to see Vader in absolute beast mode for 45 seconds in Rogue One...prior to that we'd never seen a great action scene with Vader, talk about wasted potential.

I think Rey, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo, and maybe Ezra might end up more developed characters with more appealing stories, but right now imo Maul wears that crown.

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofSFXmfOPQ
New teaser mean nothing, We already know there's a Maul POP! in the box.....

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm

That sounded like chopper.... Maybe a Chopper mug? Personally it would be the first mug that would get me excited (not more than another pop though)

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:26 pm

EctoSpider wrote:That sounded like chopper.... Maybe a Chopper mug? Personally it would be the first mug that would get me excited (not more than another pop though)

True might put my Pint size heroes or something in it

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Funko definitely makes it hard to skip a box...I keep saying no more Star Wars...yet I keep buying them lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 am

thejosh2010 wrote:Funko definitely makes it hard to skip a box...I keep saying no more Star Wars...yet I keep buying them lol

lol
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 am

POPHawk wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:Funko definitely makes it hard to skip a box...I keep saying no more Star Wars...yet I keep buying them lol

lol

Excited for the box but I don't know how much more days

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:59 am

Mysterious wrote:Excited for the box but I don't know how much more days

I get that, but I haven't been buying the boxes for a while, mostly due to cost and some other reasons but the recent ESB box and now this Rebels box has reignited my interest in these :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:45 pm

POPHawk wrote:
Mysterious wrote:Excited for the box but I don't know how much more days

I get that, but I haven't been buying the boxes for a while, mostly due to cost and some other reasons but the recent ESB box and now this Rebels box has reignited my interest in these :cheers:

I mean when is a good time to order because what if the box gets damaged?

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:02 pm

I feel your pain, but I keep trying to resist. ](*,)

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
I feel your pain, but I keep trying to resist. ](*,)

xD I want more Ben solo xD

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:30 am

I'm going to guess we'll see a MyMoji in this box
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Mysterious

Postby Mysterious » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

eljefe81 wrote:I'm going to guess we'll see a MyMoji in this box

Maybe

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:12 pm

I sure hope not! I'm very happy there are no dorbz so we don't end up with one of those. I can take mugs, plushes, even the occasional set of socks. But if they start loading the boxes up with lots of stuff from non-pop lines, I'll be a bit miffed.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 pm

They've said they want to use these boxes to test out new products, so my guess is we'll something from them as a filler (with the Pop(s)). Who knows though?

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Funko are geniuses. I was going to cancel this month since I don't really watch rebels but once I saw it was a maul pop I had to have it. Very smart to reveal that pop early on their part.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:19 pm

I love rebels! I can't wait.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 pm

racheva wrote:

I sure hope not! I'm very happy there are no dorbz so we don't end up with one of those. I can take mugs, plushes, even the occasional set of socks. But if they start loading the boxes up with lots of stuff from non-pop lines, I'll be a bit miffed.

There are people collecting the other Funko lines, so...
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 am

I really get an inkling that it might be Thrawn. The new Thrawn novel is slated to be released April, so this would be a really good tie-in.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:50 am

Lonikins wrote:I really get an inkling that it might be Thrawn. The new Thrawn novel is slated to be released April, so this would be a really good tie-in.

I hope so! Maybe as the pin or patch (which would also be cool). Still hoping for the glow in the dark red eyes Thrawn Pop :)

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:24 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
racheva wrote:

So, it's my opinion? I didn't know those weren't allowed here. It's not even an unpopular opinion.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Would really love to see a Thrawn pop. He's been a favorite for a long time. Speaking of, anyone that is a Star Wars fan I highly recommend reading the Timothy Zahn "Thrawn Trilogy" that starts with Heir to the Empire. I know it's all retconned now and the books have been out a long time, but it's still some of the best book material out there for Star Wars.

Also if you don't watch Rebels I suggest you do. I admit that I was on the fence about giving it a chance for a long time. But now I'm up to the current part of season 3, and though I found parts of Season 1 to be frankly pretty bad, the show has improved significantly over time.
Last edited by Libertyroxx on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:47 pm

racheva wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:
racheva wrote:

So, it's my opinion? I didn't know those weren't allowed here. It's not even an unpopular opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of dorbz either. That being said, as long as there is at least 1 pop in each box, I'm fine with whatever else they throw in as filler. I wouldn't want a dorbz (or giant sized mymoji) in place of a pop, but if there's 1-2 pops, mini-hikari, socks, plush, mug, dorbz, that's cool.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:49 pm

paxderomano wrote:Would really love to see a Thrawn pop. He's been a favorite for a long time. Speaking of, anyone that is a Star Wars fan I highly recommend reading the Timothy Zahn "Thrawn Trilogy" that starts with Heir to the Empire. I know it's all retconned now and the books have been out a long time, but it's still some of the best book material out there for Star Wars.

Also if you don't watch Rebels I suggest you do. I admit that I was on the fence about giving it a chance for a long time. But now I'm up to the current part of season 3, and though I found parts of Season 1 to be frankly pretty bad, the show has improved significantly over time.

For sure. Any of Zahn's Star Wars books are really good, but his original Thrawn trilogy is probably the best capture of the Star Wars spirit in novel form.

Return to “Powered by Funko”