MCC April: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
ginas_place

Re: MCC April: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Postby ginas_place » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 am

Loved this box! T-shirt and Dorbz Ridez are my favorite items! Can't wait for the next one
Gina

I am a Funko Addict!
Sidekick in the Legion of Collectors
Hero of the Collector Corps
Pirate of the Smugglers Bounty

ISO: Unmasked Black Panther Dorbz

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Was surprised to get my box this early as I'm usually one of the last. Either way the second item blew me away once again when I opened it. It looked good in the video but is even better in hand.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

My box arrived today, love love love it! Is it bad I'm thinking about ordering a second so I can have the other item at home and at work?!
Kristen

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

My box is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday, the 25th. I'm pretty irritated that some people got theirs today but I have another five days to wait, and I only live two and a half hours from the point of origin. Oh, well. Congrats to those of you who will have it in hand this weekend.

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Mine has been camping out at DHL Compton for 3 days.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

quicksilver1082

Postby quicksilver1082 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 am

I just wish mine would ship, haven't heard anything since they took my money, first week of the month

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

Upon further inspection it seems part of my
Spoiler: show
Milano is broken. Both of the jets/propellers on one of the sides were loose in the insert. Didn't even realize at first until I heard them rattling inside. Tried super glueing them on but the smaller one won't stay on. I'm gonna email them soon.
Tanner

Tony Stark

Postby Tony Stark » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:With such a disappointing start to this years subscription if the rest of the year is just as disappointing and the Founders gift sucks again I will definitely be canceling my subscription. These boxes should be awesome exclusives and I feel we have just been getting ripped off with laziness.

I agree that the inclusion of this Pop in the box is a bit disappointing, but I think that you can't say that this box let alone this year will be terrible because of one Pop.

I will say I was pretty disappointed with this box. I was not saying that the whole year would be terrible just that IMO this is a terrible way to start this particular year when you have so many great options with GotG and they went with what they did. Don't get me wrong here, the non pop vinyl (trying to not spoil anything) was ok but I was not impressed by any means with the contents of the box.
#TeamStark

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:31 pm

So, I just got my box, very happy with the
Milano Ride and shirt. But I'm a pop guy, the only 2 Dorbz I have on display are ECCC Great Gazoo and HeiHei on Moana's boat. So I'm trying to figure out a way to display the Milano while putting the dorbz Starlord in a drawer for later, and in his place put one of the Guardians pops. I haven't had issues putting the pop version of a character in the dorbz ride until now, I can't seem to get any of the characters to fit in it. Is anyone else attemoting this and if so, are you having any luck? Do you have any suggestions. Thankfully the base is removable so I can hang it with fishing line (like I did the Invisible Jet and Great Gazoo)

If anyone has suggestions for my dilemma please advise. I put it in spoiler quotes in case anyone doesn't want to know what one of the items is.
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:42 pm

wraithkelso wrote:So, I just got my box, very happy with the
Milano Ride and shirt. But I'm a pop guy, the only 2 Dorbz I have on display are ECCC Great Gazoo and HeiHei on Moana's boat. So I'm trying to figure out a way to display the Milano while putting the dorbz Starlord in a drawer for later, and in his place put one of the Guardians pops. I haven't had issues putting the pop version of a character in the dorbz ride until now, I can't seem to get any of the characters to fit in it. Is anyone else attemoting this and if so, are you having any luck? Do you have any suggestions. Thankfully the base is removable so I can hang it with fishing line (like I did the Invisible Jet and Great Gazoo)

If anyone has suggestions for my dilemma please advise. I put it in spoiler quotes in case anyone doesn't want to know what one of the items is.

My common Baby Groot fits just fine, but nobody else.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

wraithkelso wrote:If anyone has suggestions for my dilemma please advise. I put it in spoiler quotes in case anyone doesn't want to know what one of the items is.

They're bobbleheads, if I were trying to do that, I would just unscrew the head and fabricate a stand for it ( personally I would probably try a wooden dowel that's about the diameter of the spring ) and adjust it to where just the head is visible sticking out of the Ridez.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Box arrived yesterday and I could not be more pleased with the contents.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 pm

wraithkelso wrote:So, I just got my box, very happy with the

As was mentioned Groot should do it.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Anjelier

Postby Anjelier » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:15 pm

I just opened my t-shirt to wear today and I can't help but notice the X-Small is much bigger than previous boxes. It's almost a dress on me. If they are not going to offer women's sizing options, then the XS should at least be... extra small. Hope future boxes don't have this problem. I don't need my t-shirt to be super tight and fitted but I'd like it to at least look like it fits me. Maybe an XXS option? lol
I'm Elizabeth.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 am

Anjelier wrote:I just opened my t-shirt to wear today and I can't help but notice the X-Small is much bigger than previous boxes. It's almost a dress on me. If they are not going to offer women's sizing options, then the XS should at least be... extra small. Hope future boxes don't have this problem. I don't need my t-shirt to be super tight and fitted but I'd like it to at least look like it fits me. Maybe an XXS option? lol

I noticed that too. The shirt seemed bigger than usual.
Tanner

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:54 am

popfanboy wrote:
Anjelier wrote:I just opened my t-shirt to wear today and I can't help but notice the X-Small is much bigger than previous boxes. It's almost a dress on me. If they are not going to offer women's sizing options, then the XS should at least be... extra small. Hope future boxes don't have this problem. I don't need my t-shirt to be super tight and fitted but I'd like it to at least look like it fits me. Maybe an XXS option? lol

I noticed that too. The shirt seemed bigger than usual.

Could try tossing it in the washer and dryer to shrink it a little. The funko shirts are always huge on me at first, but eventually fit fine after

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Got my box yesterday and it's all fine but I do have some minor complaints:

My pin was broken
My comic was torn
The pop does not stand

Thankfully the pin is an easy fix and the comic isn't worth a fuss but still...a little irritating.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:51 pm

slim1977 wrote:Box arrived yesterday and I could not be more pleased with the contents.

Can't wait for mine! hasn't even left the depot yet though :(

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Got my box yesterday and it's all fine but I do have some minor complaints:

My pin was broken
My comic was torn
The pop does not stand

Thankfully the pin is an easy fix and the comic isn't worth a fuss but still...a little irritating.

I had trouble making the POP stand as well, but I found out that if you push his head forward and then down, he stands up just fine. ;-)

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:06 pm

That's the size I ordered, so it'll be interesting to see how big it actually is. Although I could do with a teeny bit more room but small is far too big for me, so maybe it'll be a good fit in my case. IA that they need to make them in smaller sizes though, because I'm hardly the smallest woman around and it's frustratingly difficult to find merch like this in smaller sizes since they're all catered to men.

But at least I've finally gotten my shipping notification, now I'm wondering how long it'll take to get here. And fingers crossed nothing's broken as well. [-o<

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 pm

OMG, What a Blast! I Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Last Night. It's Definitely the Best Marvel Film to Me!! I also Can't Stand the Cuteness of Baby Groot, Soooo Adorable!!!⠀
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:59 am

Love the Dorbz Ridez! Saved the box entirely!
WTB: Luffy color proto

bwridge

Postby bwridge » Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 pm

As someone who had actually intended to cancel the box (but forgot), I'm glad I didn't. The RR and Groot pop was an excellent choice for casual fans of the team and the Milano was really nice (though I ended up selling it to a co-worker who loves the movie). The shirt is good quality too. Top-tier box as far as I'm concerned.

Got my tickets for volume 2 in 3d tomorrow.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:29 am

My friend and I both finally got our boxes today! Regarding the shirt sizes, I guess I've gained a bit of weight since it fits me like the other XS shirts have, lol. But I love the whole thing, the shirt is fantastic, I love the Milano, and the Pop is so adorable. I'm super glad I bought it, it's definitely worth it. And I'm glad it all came intact because getting anything replaced would be a hassle and a half I imagine.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

So I reported earlier that I didn't sub to the box but once I saw the contents I ordered it. I did receive it and it's even better in person. I didn't really think much of the Rocket/ Groot Pop when I saw the pictures, but in person it's really cool! And the Ridez, I love all things Ridez anyway but wow, it's truly fantastic. Really an outstanding box!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat May 06, 2017 6:29 pm

I want another groot hat >>
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Return to “Powered by Funko”