MCC April: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
funko_vinz

Re: MCC April: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Postby funko_vinz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:50 pm

This box is definitely amazing. Thanks for the hashtags to find the pictures. I can't wait to get this!!

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Just saw the video on YouTube (spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKXF8_u7Mxc

Really impressed and sad I missed this one!
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Spoiler: show
I 4000% need starlord with the milano. That is the cutest thing, I wish they would of spoiled that id of subbed lol
That and I need the patch. Gotta have my starlord
- tauntaunking on instagram

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 pm

newhousebailey wrote:Really impressed and sad I missed this one!

In case you missed my post a few up, if you have an inactive account you can log in and order this box right now. Click on "my account", scroll down to "shop member exclusives" and click "view more" at the bottom. You can purchase the following past boxes there:

GotG2
Super Hero Showdown
X-Men
Dr. Strange

You do not have to resubscribe to order past boxes!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Well I gotta say I'm not 100% appeased but its definitely a step up from the last GOTG box.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:38 pm

RE: The box contents:
I really don't want to be a killjoy, but I wish the Milano was a Pop Ride, rather than a Dorb - but that shirt is sooo super cool.

Happy to almost have my set completed - need Star Lord Chase (Walmart Groot is coming on Friday)
Here is my current set up (Ronan and Christmas Groot will be replaced by Star Lord Chase and Walmart Groot).

Amazon Photo Link of GOTG Vol 2 current Set
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

This box is awesome!
2012 Rookie of the Year

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:27 pm

That is a 100% fantastic box! Nice turnaround from vol. 1. I stopped my sub, but I think I need this.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Glad you guys are happy, but this is a letdown because I don't collect
Dorbz.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Hmmmmmm, I was on the fence about this box, but I'm kind of glad I got it.

I didn't need or want another Groot or Rocket BUT I think they look cool, so no complaints there.
I am trying really hard not to get random Dorbz, all of the non X-Men ones I have are mostly from MCC boxes, and this will be added to that group, but I can't deny it's pretty awesome. At some point I'll get the Beast and Deadpool dorbz ridez and this will go along quite well with that. Probably won't get any other GotG Dorbz though, must stay strong.
The shirt is cool, was hoping for a Pop shirt and got one, so no complaint. Always love the pin, patch and comic, so I look forward to getting them as well. Two more days, if DHL is correct. :roflmao:
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

treswright wrote:
In case you missed my post a few up, if you have an inactive account you can log in and order this box right now. Click on "my account", scroll down to "shop member exclusives" and click "view more" at the bottom. You can purchase the following past boxes there:

GotG2
Super Hero Showdown
X-Men
Dr. Strange

I don't see this option. Was it remove or am I just missing it somehow?
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Cheshire wrote:
treswright wrote:

GotG2
Super Hero Showdown
X-Men
Dr. Strange

You have to be logged into your account to see them.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm

I am excited about this box.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 pm

treswright wrote:
Cheshire wrote:
treswright wrote:

GotG2
Super Hero Showdown
X-Men
Dr. Strange

You have to be logged into your account to see them.

I am but the page looks drastically different than the last time they had that 30% off deal. I thought it was a mobile issue but I am at my computer now and still dont see it.

Ill figure it out but thanks for the tip!

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:41 pm

I was unable to order past boxes without subscribing. After i subbed to the Spider-Man box, the Shop Member Exclusives a appeared at the bottom.Member Exclusive Collectibles appeared at the top.

Since I wanted the Spider-Man box anyway, it wasn't a big deal...I'll just have to remember to unsub after. :P

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Ridez> rides. I don't like giving up a whole shelf for one piece.
I'm super excited for this box! Come on DHL/USPS
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 pm

Cheshire wrote:
I am but the page looks drastically different than the last time they had that 30% off deal. I thought it was a mobile issue but I am at my computer now and still dont see it.

How strange! I see the same thing from my laptop and my iPhone. If I log in and select "My Account" it shows my subscription with "Auto Renew: Off" under it. Then if I scroll down past "Recent Orders" I find "Shop Member Exclusives". I can only see the Dr Strange and X-Men boxes, but if I scroll below those and click on "View More" then I see all 4 boxes I mentioned above. I wonder what the deal is? Have you had a subscription before or is it a new account? Maybe you don't see the past boxes unless you've had an active subscription in the past?

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:59 pm

I think this turned into a very good box. I was planning on getting it for a very long time, but I changed my mind after they revealed the Pop. If they had revealed the other vinyl collectible instead, I may have ordered it. That being said, I'm not mad that I'm not getting it. The other vinyl collectible is cool, but not something I feel like I have to have. It's impressive, but not as impressive as I thought it would be, compared to what I thought it might look like, if it indeed would be in the box. My interest in that line of vinyl collectible is starting to decrease as well, which might be the problem. The clothing item is very cool too. One of the better designs they've had. I also like the patch and pin more than most they've had. The comic might be in a tie with the Pop as the weakest item in the box, tbh. One of the least interesting covers they've had, tbh. I'm fine missing out on the cool stuff just so I can avoid having that Pop. That's how much I don't like it. The secondary items in recent boxes for all the subscription boxes in general have been extremely weak, but this is one of the strongest ones they've had. It makes the fact that the Pop is so weak even more puzzling.

treswright wrote:
Cheshire wrote:

How strange! I see the same thing from my laptop and my iPhone. If I log in and select "My Account" it shows my subscription with "Auto Renew: Off" under it. Then if I scroll down past "Recent Orders" I find "Shop Member Exclusives". I can only see the Dr Strange and X-Men boxes, but if I scroll below those and click on "View More" then I see all 4 boxes I mentioned above. I wonder what the deal is? Have you had a subscription before or is it a new account? Maybe you don't see the past boxes unless you've had an active subscription in the past?

On my account there is nothing listed past recent orders. No "Shop Member Exclusives". My subscription is inactive, but has been active in the past. When I click on "past boxes" on the top of the page, it says that past boxes are only available to active subscribers, which means I would have to subscribe again to be able to order a past box.

EDIT: I just noticed today is my 1 year anniversary of being a member of Funko Funatic. :) That time flew by. I hope to be here for many more years to come. It's such a great and inviting community to discuss a fun company and fun collectibles.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Sorry guys, I assumed that if I could see it then any other former subscriber could too, but it sounds like maybe there's a glitch in my account or something! I'll take advantage of it while I can, but the writing is probably on the wall for me lol

Happy Anniversary Halo!!

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 pm

treswright wrote:Sorry guys, I assumed that if I could see it then any other former subscriber could too, but it sounds like maybe there's a glitch in my account or something! I'll take advantage of it while I can, but the writing is probably on the wall for me lol

Happy Anniversary Halo!!

Thank you! :)

I wonder if it's an option that's only available for a certain number of months after the last box ordered. For me it was Civil War. :silent:

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 pm

This is a fantastic box. Love how Funko has been knocking it out of the park lately with the subscription boxes.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:
treswright wrote:
Cheshire wrote:

On my account there is nothing listed past recent orders. No "Shop Member Exclusives". My subscription is inactive, but has been active in the past. When I click on "past boxes" on the top of the page, it says that past boxes are only available to active subscribers, which means I would have to subscribe again to be able to order a past box.

Its all good. My sub has been inactive for some time. My last box was Spider-Man. I suppose its fitting that it i resub for the new Pider-Man box. :]

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 am

treswright wrote:Sorry guys, I assumed that if I could see it then any other former subscriber could too, but it sounds like maybe there's a glitch in my account or something! I'll take advantage of it while I can, but the writing is probably on the wall for me lol

Happy Anniversary Halo!!

It's definitely not a glitch. It was announced by Funko as a feature last year:

https://www.collectorcorps.com/blog/now ... -only-cart

It's odd that it's not showing up for some people in the US though. It doesn't show up for me unfortunately because it's not available outside the US/Canada.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 am

I am very pleased with this box! Definitely much better than the last one! I don't really care for the Pop, but I'm loving everything else! :)
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote: For me it was Civil War.

Cheshire wrote:My last box was Spider-Man.

My last sub box was Women of Power. But after suspending my sub I ended up ordering the Dr. Strange, X-Men, Super Hero Showdown and now GotG2 boxes individually. I suppose I should reactivate my sub at this rate lol

ruxy_100 wrote:It's definitely not a glitch. It was announced by Funko as a feature last year:

https://www.collectorcorps.com/blog/now ... -only-cart

It's odd that it's not showing up for some people in the US though. It doesn't show up for me unfortunately because it's not available outside the US/Canada.

Well that does say "You will now be able to purchase past boxes within your current subscription account page!" So that certainly sounds like you are supposed to have a currently active sub in order to get past boxes. I do not have an active sub, so it's possible I'm not supposed to be seeing the past boxes as an option. Hmmmm.

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I voiced my displeasure with the pop in this box, not really because I disliked it, but because I thought it was a bit lazy. I will say now with the addition of the dorbz ride, this turned out to be a very good box!

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 pm

This box is a 100% win been a long time since I've been able to say that about a MCC box for me personally. Can't wait for this to arrive!!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

The Head wrote:I voiced my displeasure with the pop in this box, not really because I disliked it, but because I thought it was a bit lazy. I will say now with the addition of the dorbz ride, this turned out to be a very good box!

I agree. When they revealed the POP they made it seem as if the POP would be the box's central/big item, which was pretty disappointing. Now that the full box has been revealed, I have to admit that this may be one of my favorite boxes. This is also the second amazing box in a row for MCC (it would be three if the X-men shirt had the right sizing), let's see if they can keep it up.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Same with me, I went from not wanting the box after the first reveal to not being able to order it fast enough after the second reveal. I think I mentioned it before but I'm really surprised they opened with the Pop and didn't disclose the -big kahuna- until after the sub was closed. They should have done it the other way around, probably would have pulled in more subscribers.

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:48 pm

treswright wrote:Same with me, I went from not wanting the box after the first reveal to not being able to order it fast enough after the second reveal. I think I mentioned it before but I'm really surprised they opened with the Pop and didn't disclose the -big kahuna- until after the sub was closed. They should have done it the other way around, probably would have pulled in more subscribers.

Do you think that's true though? For collectors, probably yes, but many of them are probably subing already. To really drive subs significantly higher, they probably need more casual fans to sub (or least buy a box or two first) and a rocket-groot pop would seem to be the way to go in that respect. I think dorbz are still an aquired taste in many respects and I don't think they've enjoyed the success from casual buyers that pops have quite yet.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:51 pm

The Head wrote:
treswright wrote:Same with me, I went from not wanting the box after the first reveal to not being able to order it fast enough after the second reveal. I think I mentioned it before but I'm really surprised they opened with the Pop and didn't disclose the -big kahuna- until after the sub was closed. They should have done it the other way around, probably would have pulled in more subscribers.

Do you think that's true though? For collectors, probably yes, but many of them are probably subing already. To really drive subs significantly higher, they probably need more casual fans to sub (or least buy a box or two first) and a rocket-groot pop would seem to be the way to go in that respect. I think dorbz are still an aquired taste in many respects and I don't think they've enjoyed the success from casual buyers that pops have quite yet.

Yeah you are probably right, I was just thinking since the subject is the XXXXXX (spoiler dodge lol ) that it would appeal to your average collector as well. But you are definitely correct that Pops are still Funko's mainstay. Dorbz are gaining steam, but Dorbz Ridez are perhaps still a bit of a niche thing.

ginaf20697

Postby ginaf20697 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Was so surprised and excited to see this in my mailbox today. Can't wait to wear that shirt!

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 pm

ginaf20697 wrote:Was so surprised and excited to see this in my mailbox today. Can't wait to wear that shirt!

If things remain consistant... I should make it just in time for the movie. Takes about 3 weeks once it starts being processed
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am

Toronto wrote:
ginaf20697 wrote:Was so surprised and excited to see this in my mailbox today. Can't wait to wear that shirt!

If things remain consistant... I should make it just in time for the movie. Takes about 3 weeks once it starts being processed

Yeah it takes a while to get up here. I think Customs is the problem.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am

Love the box - but my shirt - Ordered Large, says Large on the collar - is ENORMOUS! I'm guessing a XXL!

Anyone else experience a change in sizing?

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am

Got my shipping notification just now! I'm really excited for this box!

TadGhostal wrote:Love the box - but my shirt - Ordered Large, says Large on the collar - is ENORMOUS! I'm guessing a XXL!

The Xmen box had a shirt that was waaaay too small for me (and I think everyone else too), I hope this isn't going to be a trend of wide variations in shirt sizes from box to box...at least if the shirt is too big I can use it as a sleep shirt or something lol
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:42 pm

TadGhostal wrote:Anyone else experience a change in sizing?

Yeah, my shirts always get a lot smaller around Thanksgiving and Christmas, what's up with that? lol

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm

minusdatails wrote:Got my shipping notification just now! I'm really excited for this box!

TadGhostal wrote:Love the box - but my shirt - Ordered Large, says Large on the collar - is ENORMOUS! I'm guessing a XXL!

The Xmen box had a shirt that was waaaay too small for me (and I think everyone else too), I hope this isn't going to be a trend of wide variations in shirt sizes from box to box...at least if the shirt is too big I can use it as a sleep shirt or something lol

My X-Men shirt was perfect. I've never had a problem with the sizing of the apparel. Shirts are fine - Hats are super perfect.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm

How long can it take just until it's dispatched? I still haven't received a notification of it being sent yet. :(

El_Stephe

Postby El_Stephe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:04 pm

This is the first box in a long time I've been really excited about. Can't wait to get mine in the mail!

I usually order a large shirt but all my past box shirts have all fit like an XXL, they're huge, so this time I changed it to medium hoping it'll fit more like a large.

Return to “Powered by Funko”