May Legion of Collectors - Wonder Woman

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
ldfm

Re: May Legion of Collectors - Wonder Woman

Postby ldfm » Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Eh... kinda glad I passed on it as a whole. That said, if someone doesn't want the (Wonder Woman) Pop, I would be interested.

And what is the deal with PSH's now? I don't think they look that great... hope they don't replace Mini's in general.
ImageImageImage
Licenses I Hope For: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Banjo-Kazooie

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Tue May 02, 2017 3:48 pm

I missed the cutoff, looks like a decent box though, would not have been dissatisfied.
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue May 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed.

Spoiler: show
The patch and pin are spectacular! The socks are nice. The known Pop is cool,
as is the PSH (I hope. Quality on them has been spotty). The second Pop is...a poor choice, IMO. But my main gripe is the box seems to be lacking in overall value. I don't see this one approaching the "advertised value".
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Still waiting for that LoC box that jumps out at me and makes me buy it. This ain't it! Seems like hardcore DC fans like the sub OK, but for those of us that are more casual fans of DC they really need to do something big to pull us in and so far they haven't. I'm as much a DC fan as I am Marvel, but the MCC subs have been way more cool in my opinion. Pop Ride, Dorbz Ridez, action 2 packs, giant Pops, miniature Pops, it's just been a really exciting sub even if you're not a huge Marvel fan. The LoC sub needs to step it up to have the same widespread appeal.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Ailsa16

Postby Ailsa16 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Pretty disappointed in this box and it's the one I was most looking forward to. As a UK collector it's twice the price to get it imported, so a lot of filler in this box and missing key components that would have boosted the value significantly are a major letdown.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:18 pm

I really do love most of the items in this box. I am a huge Wonder Woman collector though. But even as a huge WW aficionado I'm not sure about the overall value of this box. I love the WW pop, the wearable and the smaller item but I don't know how I feel spending $35 shipped for that. I'm not a patch or pin collector so I always end up giving those away usually and the 2nd Pop doesn't do anything for me. I know people were hoping for more than just WW in this box, but I was not one of them and I really wish we had gotten a Dorbz or really anything other than that second Pop. Also I was really looking forward to getting a WW shirt. I don't have one yet, I was unable to find the one from Dawn of Justice and I thought that was going to be a given here...oh well. I still like the WW stuff, I really do - I don't regret buying the box. It just makes me not want to gamble on another unless something is revealed as a spoiler in the future.
Hi, I'm Merri!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed May 03, 2017 2:13 am

I gotta say...this ain't the best I've seen from LOC by any means. The first pop ended up being the honest highlight of the whole thing.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Divino

Postby Divino » Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Has anybody dealt with a package lost in the mail from Funko before? I typically have my box by now, and I got tracking on 4/27, but it has not updated since then. It still only says "EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER" with an expected delivery date of 5/2.

Looks like it has never actually been shipped, just a shipping label created.

Not sure what to do.

Here is the tracking number:

EDIT - Right after posting this it finally updated. Very strange, it's never taken a week to even update.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed May 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Divino wrote:Has anybody dealt with a package lost in the mail from Funko before? I typically have my box by now, and I got tracking on 4/27, but it has not updated since then. It still only says "EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER" with an expected delivery date of 5/2.

Not sure what to do.

EDIT - Right after posting this it finally updated. Very strange, it's never taken a week to even update.

Mine was pretty weird this time, too. Looked basically the same as yours. First time I've gotten the tracking info before the box closed, so I chalked it up to that.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon May 08, 2017 8:41 pm

With the box in hand, here are my final thoughts: (lots of text incoming)

The WW Pop is absolutely fantastic! The second Pop is really cool, for a d-list character. I was planning on unloading it, but I might actually display it.
While the patch is spectacular, it is smaller than previous patches. The pin is also very cool and does seem to be slightly larger than most previous pins. A wash?
The PSH is great, but when I put it on display with my Batman PSHs, it is very noticeably smaller than all of them. When compared to Poison Ivy, a PSH with similarly large hair, the difference is laughable. Why?
The socks are great, and I can't wait to wear them, but are we expected to believe that a pair of dress socks are of equal value to a t-shirt and a comic?

So, here is where I'm at on this one. While every item is, IMO really great, I feel like the value of the box is quite lacking. Lacking to the point that I'm actually pretty p*** about it. As I see it, the Pops have a retail value of 10$@, the PSH is at 4$ (which I think is high, even for a normal sized one), and the patch and pin I usually assign a value of 10$ (also on the high side). That puts the box at a retail value of 34$ making the socks 16$!?!

Compared to the Marvel Showdown box, this one fails miserably to meet the advertised value. Did they feel that Wonder Woman wouldn't sell so they upped their profit margin on each box? Is the DC license so much higher than the others that the boxes have to be shorted? I'm thinking I'll let my wallet speak for me, and cancel all of my box subs. The next SW box is paid for, but I'm just going to wait and see what each box has and buy what I want from others. I was about to buy the GotG box, but I'll instead just buy the Milano from someone else. Not much of a statement, to be sure, but unless Funko can publicly explain the reason this box is light, or try to explain how it isn't, I think I'll just sit and watch.

smach28

Postby smach28 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:25 am

Divino wrote:Has anybody dealt with a package lost in the mail from Funko before? I typically have my box by now, and I got tracking on 4/27, but it has not updated since then. It still only says "EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER" with an expected delivery date of 5/2.

Not sure what to do.

Do not worry, it happened to me all the time!
It'll get shipped around the 10 of may or may 9
My Girlfriend once told me "That's too many pops".
We broke up right after......

smach28

Postby smach28 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:40 am

I really liked the box, it had one of my favorite dc villains and it came with fair stuff.
I think the box art is ok, But the patch and pin look great and I'll price the pin for 5$ (that's how much pins usually cost)and the patch I will price at 2$-3$, and once open it again u have the socks!
the socks are really nice, but I always get mad when they don't give us a shirt because then we have nowhere to place the patch!
I'll price the socks at around 6$ because of their cool design! then we the psh! I Love psh and I was pretty satisfied and ill price that at around 3.99!
ok, now the 2 pops! I love the wonder woman line a lot and I love that we get wonder women with her lassel of truth, the way it is positioned is awesome and her pose is just great, now Dr, Maru/Poison I am a huge fan of the villain and I think they made a wonderful pop of her and are trying to feature some characters some people don't know about wich is greate, and I'm kinda mad people don't appreciate the amount of detail put into it and i bet after the movie comes out that'll be worth alot, so I will price them both @ 13.99$, so the box is worth 45.97$ wich is a fair price for this box!
and I don't see why people don't like it that much!
My Girlfriend once told me "That's too many pops".
We broke up right after......

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 am

smach28 wrote:I really liked the box, it had one of my favorite dc villains and it came with fair stuff.
I think the box art is ok, But the patch and pin look great and I'll price the pin for 5$ (that's how much pins usually cost)and the patch I will price at 2$-3$, and once open it again u have the socks!
the socks are really nice, but I always get mad when they don't give us a shirt because then we have nowhere to place the patch!
I'll price the socks at around 6$ because of their cool design! then we the psh! I Love psh and I was pretty satisfied and ill price that at around 3.99!
ok, now the 2 pops! I love the wonder woman line a lot and I love that we get wonder women with her lassel of truth, the way it is positioned is awesome and her pose is just great, now Dr, Maru/Poison I am a huge fan of the villain and I think they made a wonderful pop of her and are trying to feature some characters some people don't know about wich is greate, and I'm kinda mad people don't appreciate the amount of detail put into it and i bet after the movie comes out that'll be worth alot, so I will price them both @ 13.99$, so the box is worth 45.97$ wich is a fair price for this box!
and I don't see why people don't like it that much!

The problem is in general with the LoC subscription, not with WW.
As an individual sub, the LoC has met the retail value stated by Funko ($50) even if the box itself seems a bit disappointing, lacking, or felt lazy. I however do not feel that this box meets that value.
When compared to the other subs, it is just a big kick in the teeth. The Marvel Secret Wars box had 2 POPs, a shirt, and a comic. Why was the LoC box for WW any different? Was the cost of the WW license so much more that a shirt or comic could not make it into the box? Are those socks made of discarded Cuban cigars and smuggled through customs specifically to add value to this box? Was the Ares POP completely off limits? We all know and have seen WW. There are already tons of her movie POPs available. Why not do 2 villain POPs instead of a rehashed WW.
Questions like these and comparing the LoC to other sub boxes is the reasoning behind a lot of issues with this box and the LoC sub in general. The DC license started the Funko POP crazy but the DC sub box seems to be the forgotten step-child of the Funko sub world.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 am

Battastic wrote:I however do not feel that this box meets that value.

It really doesn't. LoC just doesn't measure up to the other subs. And like I've said before, the box contents seem geared more towards hardcore DC fans than people like me who fall more into the "casual fan" category. They are just not doing anything to draw people like me into the sub. I'm also a "casual fan" of Marvel, but I've bought almost all of those boxes even after dropping my sub just because they are consistently offering VERY cool stuff that I just can't seem to resist.

Battastic wrote:Was the cost of the WW license so much more that a shirt or comic could not make it into the box?

I really don't care about the shirts and comics in any of the subs, but as was mentioned in another thread (maybe by you), where are the 6" Pops? The Rides/ Ridez? The action pose two-packs? And why so many Reaction figures?

Battastic wrote:Are those socks made of discarded Cuban cigars and smuggled through customs specifically to add value to this box?

Perhaps so! Will someone please open your sub and smoke your socks and let us know? lol

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 am

treswright wrote:I really don't care about the shirts and comics in any of the subs, but as was mentioned in another thread (maybe by you), where are the 6" Pops? The Rides/ Ridez? The action pose two-packs? And why so many Reaction figures?

It was me and I think you quoted off of that post as well lol

However I cannot smoke the socks. My wife took those, put them on, looked at the rest of the box and said, "you can sell the rest" lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Battastic wrote:However I cannot smoke the socks. My wife took those, put them on, looked at the rest of the box and said, "you can sell the rest" lol

:roflmao:

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Tue May 09, 2017 4:20 pm

It was a ok box to me, but I wasn't expecting much. At least the socks were black though I guess lol

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue May 09, 2017 6:23 pm

I really liked the Pops all the items in the box. As said above I didn't think it really met the value promised or comparable items to other subscription boxes Funko puts out. What would have though? A shirt instead of socks? Another PSH? Put the Wonder Woman on a Pop horse ride? LOC is the one box I would never unsung from but I feel like 2017s "meh" offering so far might lose some people.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Valde wrote:I really liked the Pops all the items in the box. As said above I didn't think it really met the value promised or comparable items to other subscription boxes Funko puts out. What would have though? A shirt instead of socks? Another PSH? Put the Wonder Woman on a Pop horse ride? LOC is the one box I would never unsung from but I feel like 2017s "meh" offering so far might lose some people.

I really feel like it just needed more. I think all of the items in the box are great, but the sub as a whole is falling behind the others. I understand not having a comic in a movie-based box, but GotG2 had one. It really needed two more PSH, IMO, to make up for no comic and socks =/= shirt. And I did cancel my sub until I at least see how they handle the box going forward.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 pm

There should've been a second PSH as well. I'm surprised to hear that she's smaller than other DC PSHs.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm

I am really bummed about the lack of a WW shirt. This is honestly the first time I was really looking forward to getting a shirt in a box. And then they are releasing a Pop tee of Wonder Woman separately - I don't remember if it was movie based, but still. I was really hoping for the Pop, a shirt and a Dorbz. The PSH is awesome, but the box just felt a little light. Literally. I picked it up my my mailbox and it is the lightest box I can remember getting.
Hi, I'm Merri!

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Tue May 09, 2017 9:39 pm

I really wish that there had been a Dorbz or two since they only released one for this movie and it's a Wal-Mart exclusive.... would have liked to see an Amazon Diana or a Hippolyta or both!
Kristen

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue May 09, 2017 9:54 pm

synergy56 wrote:I am really bummed about the lack of a WW shirt. This is honestly the first time I was really looking forward to getting a shirt in a box. And then they are releasing a Pop tee of Wonder Woman separately - I don't remember if it was movie based, but still. I was really hoping for the Pop, a shirt and a Dorbz. The PSH is awesome, but the box just felt a little light. Literally. I picked it up my my mailbox and it is the lightest box I can remember getting.

The only WW shirt I know of is from BVS.

ImageImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 pm

Valde wrote:The only WW shirt I know of is from BVS.

Saw this post over the weekend
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTxAQx5hS4x/
And I still need to find that BvS WW shirt as well :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:28 pm

so i got my box the other day and noticed that the two pop figures are numbered 181 and 433.... that's a GINORMOUS jump in sequence, isn't it?
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sun May 14, 2017 9:32 am

Now I'm really hacked! I have small man-feet, 8.5, and the socks are too small. Come on!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon May 15, 2017 8:14 am

TheBoilerman wrote:Now I'm really hacked! I have small man-feet, 8.5, and the socks are too small. Come on!

I am almost certain that they are women's socks. My wife snatched them as soon as I opened the box and they seem to fit her just fine.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon May 15, 2017 8:18 am

Battastic wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:Now I'm really hacked! I have small man-feet, 8.5, and the socks are too small. Come on!

I am almost certain that they are women's socks. My wife snatched them as soon as I opened the box and they seem to fit her just fine.

Yes, my wife has now also claimed mine. Still disappointing though, I really liked them.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon May 15, 2017 8:22 am

TheBoilerman wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Yes, my wife has now also claimed mine. Still disappointing though, I really liked them.

LOL
Yeah I never had a chance. She had already seen the reveal video and knew what she wanted from the box. Then she told me to sell the rest lol

ginaf20697

Postby ginaf20697 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:46 am

Well now I'm REALLY annoyed. I really wanted a t-shirt and this woman has big feet so now probably even the socks won't fit :( Seriously, did Funko put ANY thought into this box?

randig

Postby randig » Mon May 15, 2017 11:37 am

I am size 12 mens and the socks barely fir over my big toe. Luckily my 6 year old can wear them
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

T-Diamond Stylus

Postby T-Diamond Stylus » Mon May 15, 2017 2:38 pm

I really don't get everyone's gripes with this box. We got 2 pops + I thought both were fantastic and were worth more than the price of admission. These boxes always come with the same stuff with a few variations (hat or socks) in most cases, so I really don't know what you guys were expecting. I rather get a completely new character that I thought was skipped over in the series 1 than an "super action posed" version of a character that's been released multiple times. I'm sure we'll get a 6in Ares at SDCC like we did Doomsday last year.
Image Image Image Image

mrs_swfanmlp

Postby mrs_swfanmlp » Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 pm

I love the WW pop but let's not for get that cute lil pint size WW!!!
Just a girl in the Funko world
-mrs_swfanmlp

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm

ginaf20697 wrote:Well now I'm REALLY annoyed. I really wanted a t-shirt and this woman has big feet so now probably even the socks won't fit :( Seriously, did Funko put ANY thought into this box?

I think they put thought into all the boxes. We all want specific items for the character we love, but it would be stale if each box was cookie cutter. I would have really loved a Hat or shirt with this one because I don't own a WW version of either of those items.
ImageImageImage

ginaf20697

Postby ginaf20697 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Valde wrote:
ginaf20697 wrote:Well now I'm REALLY annoyed. I really wanted a t-shirt and this woman has big feet so now probably even the socks won't fit :( Seriously, did Funko put ANY thought into this box?

I think they put thought into all the boxes. We all want specific items for the character we love, but it would be stale if each box was cookie cutter. I would have really loved a Hat or shirt with this one because I don't own a WW version of either of those items.

The items would be fine IF THEY FIT. That's what I meant by no thought. If I get something in the box I really would like to be able to use it at the very least.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am

ginaf20697 wrote:
Valde wrote:

The items would be fine IF THEY FIT. That's what I meant by no thought. If I get something in the box I really would like to be able to use it at the very least.

I doubt they will have different sizes in other items. The shirts run large as it is but works for me because I can pick up Mediums if I find them on clearance lol

Return to “Powered by Funko”