MCC Founders Year 2 Gift

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Tony Stark

Re: MCC Founders Year 2 Gift

Postby Tony Stark » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:18 pm

I haven't seen anything about what it is but they did confirm on twitter that there will be a Year 2 founders gift. I'm just surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet since we already got them by this time last year.
#TeamStark

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm curious if we will see a year 2 box. After all the negative feedback for the first and the fact that smugglers and Legion didn't get a year one, it makes me believe that year 2 is a no go.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:58 am

Tony Stark wrote:I haven't seen anything about what it is but they did confirm on twitter that there will be a Year 2 founders gift. I'm just surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet since we already got them by this time last year.

Yes indeed, I was surprised too. I wonder when they plan to ship the year 2 founders since we are already into year 3's first box. I had to cancel my founders subscription after GOTG box since it wasn't making sense to pay double shipping (within US and then to me in SG) anymore so I'm not sure if I would get the founders gift but it would be disappointing since I did stay through year 2 founders. Though i would save on the shipping cost I suppose lol Moving forward I plan to buy boxes either at cons or two at once so the shipping is at least reduced/combined, beats paying roughly usd$52 per box for the past two years. I don't even want to think about what the total spent on them for the 13 boxes (15 if you count shipping for founders gift and year 1 box) :roflmao:
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 am

gxwhyelle wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:I haven't seen anything about what it is but they did confirm on twitter that there will be a Year 2 founders gift. I'm just surprised we haven't heard anything about it yet since we already got them by this time last year.

Yes indeed, I was surprised too. I wonder when they plan to ship the year 2 founders since we are already into year 3's first box. I had to cancel my founders subscription after GOTG box since it wasn't making sense to pay double shipping (within US and then to me in SG) anymore so I'm not sure if I would get the founders gift but it would be disappointing since I did stay through year 2 founders. Though i would save on the shipping cost I suppose lol Moving forward I plan to buy boxes either at cons or two at once so the shipping is at least reduced/combined, beats paying roughly usd$52 per box for the past two years. I don't even want to think about what the total spent on them for the 13 boxes (15 if you count shipping for founders gift and year 1 box) :roflmao:

Hi Grace!
Name is Wil.

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:24 am

Trixt wrote:Hi Grace!

*runs away* :freddy2:
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm excited to see what MCC will come up with for this year 2 box since the first one got a lot of negative criticism due to the Hikari and high price. It will also be interesting to see what LOC whips up since this is the first time that both MCC and LOC will have a Year box on the market. Really hoping for some cool new molds and double pops.

With regards to the gold statue I am perfectly fine with either Iron Man or Spider-Man.

Trixt wrote:
gxwhyelle wrote:

Hi Grace!
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm

I really hope that they bring the Year 2 box to SDCC. That Hobgoblin and Groot hat was indeed awesome.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 pm

I totally forgot about the year two founders gift. Hopefully we'll get some information soon. Praying it isn't delayed.

Tony Stark

Postby Tony Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm

reggieu wrote:I totally forgot about the year two founders gift. Hopefully we'll get some information soon. Praying it isn't delayed.

It's definitely delayed. We had them by this time already last year. It's all been very hush hush this year though so I'm hoping for some news soon
#TeamStark

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:48 am

I hope it's Iron Man!
WTB: Luffy color proto

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 am

Tony Stark wrote:
reggieu wrote:I totally forgot about the year two founders gift. Hopefully we'll get some information soon. Praying it isn't delayed.

It's definitely delayed. We had them by this time already last year. It's all been very hush hush this year though so I'm hoping for some news soon

If that's the case, it's interesting there hasn't been any word on it. They were very proactive re: the SB year 1 gift delay.

Tony Stark

Postby Tony Stark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 am

The Head wrote:
Tony Stark wrote:

If that's the case, it's interesting there hasn't been any word on it. They were very proactive re: the SB year 1 gift delay.

I agree, very strange. I did get confirmation on Twitter that it is coming but that was all they would say.
#TeamStark

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:50 am

I was thinking the Year One Super Box was well over a year ago but I just dug up the old thread and it was actually July of last year that it was offered. So there is still a chance for a Year Two box. On the one hand I was one of the many dissatisfied people with the Year One box, but on the other hand Funko heard the backlash and if they make a Year Two box you've got to think they would step it up and do something amazing this time.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Honestly I think that the bashing the year one box gets is a little overblown. The only thing I really didn't like was the color scheme on the hikari, Would have been much happier with a black and white scheme or U.S. Agent colors. I do think they have to realize that Hikaris have a much smaller market than Pops, Dorbz or Mystery Minis and most people are not going to be very happy if that is the main item in the box. Every other item in the box was great though so maybe we see a smaller box this year or one with a pop ride instead of a hikari.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Tue May 02, 2017 1:48 pm

It would be neat if it was a different one each year. Iron Man does sound probable

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu May 04, 2017 10:31 am

treswright wrote:I was thinking the Year One Super Box was well over a year ago but I just dug up the old thread and it was actually July of last year that it was offered. So there is still a chance for a Year Two box. On the one hand I was one of the many dissatisfied people with the Year One box, but on the other hand Funko heard the backlash and if they make a Year Two box you've got to think they would step it up and do something amazing this time.

I think one of the boxes with the biggest backlash was the first guardians of the galaxy box and Funko really stepped it up with their most recent second one, so I am optimistic about a year two box being really good
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 am

TurtleTheTruth wrote:I hope it's Iron Man!

I'm hoping so too! [-o<

Bernie

Postby Bernie » Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 am

I got another question, I was a founder member, paid for the first two years and decided not to renew for year three. Would I still be eligible for a year two gift given that it is so delayed? Not that I really care, just a question....
Fundays 2014
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night 2016
Fundays 2017
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
2020 & 2021 :smt089
Fundays 2022
FDO 9 San Diego

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Trophy for sure. Who it will be though...Hulk would be funny xD
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat May 13, 2017 11:33 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:Trophy for sure. Who it will be though...Hulk would be funny xD

Hulk would be awesome! Especially if it was green!

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sun May 14, 2017 1:43 am

The Head wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:Trophy for sure. Who it will be though...Hulk would be funny xD

chrome green would be so neat!

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sun May 14, 2017 10:50 am

Treblemdk wrote:
The Head wrote:

chrome green would be so neat!

With his big goofy grin after being told to Hulk smash!
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

randig

Postby randig » Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 am

My money is on an Iron Man
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon May 15, 2017 3:38 pm

paxderomano wrote:Gold Iron Man statue to go with Cap?

Iron Man would be perfect!! Ill second that one. :)
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Mon May 15, 2017 5:14 pm

I was hoping for a Thanos statue to kick off Infinity Wars (but that can be next year)...

As for the Megabox, I did like the stuff in there. I just didn't like how they advertised it just for the annual members and it was all over SDCC a few weeks afterwards. Just say we are coming out with a Megabox and leave it at that. I will still get it since it's Marvel =P

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue May 16, 2017 2:10 pm

funko_vinz wrote:I was hoping for a Thanos statue to kick off Infinity Wars (but that can be next year)...

As for the Megabox, I did like the stuff in there. I just didn't like how they advertised it just for the annual members and it was all over SDCC a few weeks afterwards. Just say we are coming out with a Megabox and leave it at that. I will still get it since it's Marvel =P

It would be cool to get a villain to counterbalance the cap statue. I am also in the same boat on the megabox. I was as disappointed in it as most and I almost certainly would buy a year 2 box.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm

funko_vinz wrote:I was hoping for a Thanos statue to kick off Infinity Wars (but that can be next year)...

A Thanos statue would be a must have for me!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

zenith10

Postby zenith10 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:55 pm

At this point I think it's safe to say they are reneging on their promise (I have it in writing) that there is in fact not going to be a Year 2 Founders gift. Makes sense since they don't want to make increasingly small numbers of these each year.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:45 am

zenith10 wrote:At this point I think it's safe to say they are reneging on their promise (I have it in writing) that there is in fact not going to be a Year 2 Founders gift. Makes sense since they don't want to make increasingly small numbers of these each year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comme ... o_gift_of/

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri May 19, 2017 5:34 am

That's perfect timing for a Spider-Man trophy *fingers crossed*

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:15 am

A Gold Iron man statue would be perfect beside my gold Cap!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Darth Madden

Postby Darth Madden » Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 am

By the time the year 2 founder gift comes out we will be asking about year 3. Maybe they are waiting and it will be a year 2-3 two pack. :)

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat May 20, 2017 10:53 am

What ever it is, is very limited amount.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

kohyuta

Postby kohyuta » Sat May 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:

Indeed it is, though the next box is a Spidey Homecoming box (with a kick-ass Spidey with web wings Pop!). Would they have a Spidey trophy so soon after a Spidey box? As much as I'd LOVE a Spidey trophy, I think Iron-Man is the most likely choice. Can't wait to find out!
I am Yuta! Like Utah, but smaller.
Funko FunKlub #2016000000116

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Sun May 21, 2017 3:35 am

kohyuta wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:

Indeed it is, though the next box is a Spidey Homecoming box (with a kick-ass Spidey with web wings Pop!). Would they have a Spidey trophy so soon after a Spidey box? As much as I'd LOVE a Spidey trophy, I think Iron-Man is the most likely choice. Can't wait to find out!

I see Spider-Man as being far more popular and iconic than Iron Man could ever dream to be, and the fact that he's on his second box already is exactly why it should be Spidey. If the first trophy was MCU Cap, I might agree that Iron Man was likely, but since it was a comic style Cap, I just don't see Iron Man being the one. I reeeeeally hope I'm right, because I'm not sure how many years I of this I'm willing to pay for just to get a Spidey trophy. lol

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Just got an email notice about the gift - it will be shipping soon. Still don't know what "it" is ????

Craig here......

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Didn't get any email, but I cancelled after gotg vol 2 box. to the Bay!!
grace / @gracexyl - IG

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Hoping for a special pop.

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon May 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Alleycat wrote:Just got an email notice about the gift - it will be shipping soon. Still don't know what "it" is ????

Never mind #-o

The email was from Smuggler's. I did not renew my MCC for another year, although I did complete the year I had paid for. Wonder if they will still send me the gift???? :-k

Craig here......

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon May 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Alleycat wrote:
Alleycat wrote:Just got an email notice about the gift - it will be shipping soon. Still don't know what "it" is ????

Never mind #-o

The email was from Smuggler's. I did not renew my MCC for another year, although I did complete the year I had paid for. Wonder if they will still send me the gift???? :-k

They better. It's getting to us late, but it is nonetheless part of the second year, not the third.

Return to “Powered by Funko”