Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
treswright

Re: Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Postby treswright » Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 am

DeatoN wrote:just totally confused why the wearable item was added, it wasn't necessary.

On the video Cameron and Yoko tried explaining that since it's the 40th anniversary they wanted to put something from that era in the box. Cameron said something like "everyone wore these in the 70's" so they felt it was appropriate to include. I was a teen in the 70's and I don't really remember them ever being a popular fashion accessory, but I do remember a certain type of weirdos wearing them along with tank-tops, leg warmers and super short shorts as kind of a strange "gym fashion" statement. I think they wanted you to believe they were going to or coming home from the gym all the time. Anyway I agree, it was a misfire to put those in the box.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 am

The speeder made the box IMO...I'm pretty sure I'll find some use for the shakers at some point lol...the wristbands I'll probably never use
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 am

GeekyFinds wrote:The speeder made the box IMO...I'm pretty sure I'll find some use for the shakers at some point lol...the wristbands I'll probably never use

I haven't gotten or seen my box yet but if there are wristbands that are useable and can handle some real sweat I'll use them when I play gigs! Not a wasted item on me....like the socks that could only be worn once... lol
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Going to be rocking the wristbands at Fundays!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Honestly I can't be mad because LOOK AT THAT SPEEDER! But the other stuff could've been better. I might wear the bands though from time to time.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 pm

The only truly useless item I've received so far were the socks that were too small for my size thirteen feet, but this will give the socks a run for their money.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 pm

I personally am excited to get this one. It isn't everything I hoped it would be (sorry :)), but it is a good overall box. Thoughts below.
Spoiler: show
I love the salt and pepper shaker and will no doubt get use out of the sweat bands, but really wanted something Leia since it seemed they were hinting at that.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:41 pm

I love the speeder. Love it. With the way they've been hitting the contents for this box out of the park I guess I was maybe expecting a little too much. It is unrealistic to expect my socks to get blown off from every box. So I will admit to a bit of disappointment about the other contents of the box. I won't get any use out of them but that is fine - because that speeder is so awesome. Trying to manage my expectations a little more in the future since I had a run of quite a few of the Smuggler's Bounty boxes that were so perfect for me. Convincing myself I will fall back in love with the box with the next one...though I am currently not thrilled about the theme. Which is actually good since I will have low expectations and can be happily surprised :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:12 am

newhousebailey wrote:I personally am excited to get this one. It isn't everything I hoped it would be (sorry :)), but it is a good overall box. Thoughts below.
I love the salt and pepper shaker and will no doubt get use out of the sweat bands, but really wanted something Leia since it seemed they were hinting at that.

Totally agree with that. Same sentiments exactly. But I ponder that...

Maybe the turn around for a different Leia figure after her death was too fast. December to now? It could have worked or maybe switch the SWC pop out to include in the box. And ya the box had her art on it. That said maybe they'll redeem themselves for SDCC
**IF EMAILING ME THRU PROFILE DOES NOT WORK PLEASE SEND PM**

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7
Started Collecting Summer'14
Mystified by the sold out Groot; Stayed for the Community
:director: Working and having fun in TV/Film

ImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:39 am

I actually like the salt and pepper shakers. The sweat bands will be a wait and see. I really was hoping for a retro Pop! Star Wars tee. I think that would have been amazing.
Hi! I’m Eric

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Thu May 18, 2017 2:51 am

I usually don't watch the videos but seeing the comments, I did. Definitely an item to fill the "wearable". The other items are so awesome though!! You can wear those for Halloween or something lol

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 am

Vypinoy wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:I personally am excited to get this one. It isn't everything I hoped it would be (sorry :)), but it is a good overall box. Thoughts below.

Maybe the turn around for a different Leia figure after her death was too fast. December to now? It could have worked or maybe switch the SWC pop out to include in the box. And ya the box had her art on it. That said maybe they'll redeem themselves for SDCC

That is a very good point.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 am

Vypinoy wrote:

It wouldn't make sense to have the SWC pop inside, though. It's based off of her appearance in ESB, and that would break the theme of the box. Sorry for being a big nerd.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Thu May 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Speeder is awesome, the rest of the box... meh. The other items will be given out as gifts to others
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm

skillawashere wrote:Speeder is awesome, the rest of the box... meh. The other items will be given out as gifts to others

This year for Secret Santa everyone gets some salt and pepper shakers!! lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Just watched the video. The pop deluxe is awesome and makes it all well worth it.

It would have been cool to have something related to Leia.

The wearable is not very good. Are there a lot of people that would actually wear those today? A 40th shirt would have been awesome!

But the coolest thing by far in that video is Cameron's jacket. That jacket is sweet!
:king: Mike

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Classier wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:

It wouldn't make sense to have the SWC pop inside, though. It's based off of her appearance in ESB, and that would break the theme of the box. Sorry for being a big nerd.

You out nerded me! Jk no really ya good point. So scratch that. But still it was probably too small a window to go from idea to mass production of a different figure after her death. Going off of 40th theme for ANH what outfits hasnt she been in in Pop Form yet?

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7

ImageImage

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 pm

angrykoalagear wrote:Going to be rocking the wristbands at Fundays!

good idea! I'll definitely have some of my smuggler's bounty shirts in con rotation :SW9:
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Vypinoy wrote:
Classier wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:

You out nerded me! Jk no really ya good point. So scratch that. But still it was probably too small a window to go from idea to mass production of a different figure after her death. Going off of 40th theme for ANH what outfits hasnt she been in in Pop Form yet?

They haven't done the outfit she wore at the end in the big ceremony. I'd love it if we could get one to match our Han and Luke from that very scene.

Vypinoy

Postby Vypinoy » Thu May 18, 2017 11:30 pm

Classier wrote:
Vypinoy wrote:
Classier wrote:

They haven't done the outfit she wore at the end in the big ceremony. I'd love it if we could get one to match our Han and Luke from that very scene.

yes! Great idea. Im guessing theyre holding that one back for something special

LA BASED
LAKERS 24/7

ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri May 19, 2017 11:22 am

Looks like mine is set to arrive Tuesday, but the boxes usually arrive a day or two early so probably Monday.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

dadajair

Postby dadajair » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 am

For the value we paid for the sub box the deluxe pop was well worth it by itself. Although, a shirt would of made me order two. Maybe if they don't sell out and offer a discount for past boxes I'll pick up another just in case I need a cuddle buddy... Lol

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Mine says Tuesday as well, but they usually wind up a day or two later, so I'm guessing Wednesday
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Oh, I'm pretty sure that i need this box. Love Star Wars, but the 40th Anniversary has a great ring to it!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat May 20, 2017 1:29 am

DarthFunko wrote:My Predictions:

Patch: General Grievous
Pin: R2-D2
Pop: Droideka, Super Battle Droid, R5-D5 (the red astromech), Magno Guard
Shirt: BB-8 rolling on Jakku

I hope this box has something Grievous in it. I'll take anything.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am

Mine arrived at my local post office this afternoon so will be here tomorrow \:D/

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Mine arrived at the local post office yesterday but is not scheduled for delivery until Monday. Not sure why.

Cnd pops RN

Postby Cnd pops RN » Sat May 20, 2017 2:41 pm

I cannot wait for my box

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat May 20, 2017 11:15 pm

This box was a real mix of hit and miss for me. I did get it early, which was a nice surprise.

Luke on his speeder was obviously the highlight and well worth the price, as everyone else has said. The salt and pepper shakers were a surprise, but super cute. I would use them, but they look like they'd be a pain to fill and clean, and I like to grind my pepper. I did put them on the window sill in the kitchen with my other pop mugs, so I'm not too upset about them. As for the wristbands...total fail. They're obvious filler, which I get considering the cost of the rest, but they don't even look like they're Funko. They're just generic wristbands you'd get at any random store. They don't make sense to me at all. My personal choice is always a shirt, but I get that it's more expensive. A lanyard would have been a better choice, cheaper to make, and actually Funko related.

And weirdly, I didn't get a card for the next theme or one that explains how they made the box.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Sat May 20, 2017 11:59 pm

racheva wrote:And weirdly, I didn't get a card for the next theme or one that explains how they made the box.

Yeah I didn't get one in mine either. I've gotten used to reading those neat little factoids with every box.

powderkid28

Postby powderkid28 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Worst part of the shakers is greedo isn't even the right color...yeah I'm irritated.

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 pm

pretty disappointing, the speeder is cool, but the rest was junk

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm

dad2my3 wrote:Mine arrived at the local post office yesterday but is not scheduled for delivery until Monday. Not sure why.
How are you not sure why? A one day turn around for USPS to deliver something is not bad. Not sure if you expected them to drone it to your house immediately on a weekend...

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Seems like I may be in the minority, but I actually like the salt and pepper shakers. I didn't watch the video, so I was expecting them to be smaller, but they are just about Pop sized (if not actual Pop size, I haven't measured). I convinced my fiancé to let me use them for the month of May each year, since that includes Star Wars day and my birthday. The sweatbands are filler, but after a Pop Deluxe and a pretty sweet salt and pepper shaker set, I'm not complaining. And I may just use them at the gym.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm

I was a little disappointed in this box. The deluxe made it worth it for me, would've ordered for that alone. I like the patch and pin. But the other two items, particularly the wearable, just don't do anything for me. I'll probably display the set in the kitchen, but the wearable just seems like the fluff they advertise they won't use. I can't see that many people using them.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Too bad it wasn't another mug. I've been having great success with those lately in flushing out the succulent garden on my balcony. And by my success I mean my gf. I'd kill them in an instant.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Tue May 23, 2017 3:42 pm

I still need to open my Luke with speeder box. Leia in ceremonie dress would be perfect
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Mine just showed up! I love this Speeder!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 pm

reggieu wrote:
racheva wrote:And weirdly, I didn't get a card for the next theme or one that explains how they made the box.

Yeah I didn't get one in mine either. I've gotten used to reading those neat little factoids with every box.

I also didn't get one. Did they just not do one this time??

Also, the Landspeeder is so incredible. Absolutely love it
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm

I was just thinking this morning that I didn't remember seeing one in mine, so I'm thinking they must have ditched it this time? Wonder if it will be a one time omission, or if they decided to scrap that idea. I hope they bring it back, they were a cool little read, and the kids loved it when I gave them to them

Return to “Powered by Funko”