Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Re: Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Postby Lonikins » Mon May 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Box closes today! YAAAAAAAAAY! Can I start a countdown to the unboxing video? LOL
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon May 15, 2017 9:40 pm

When was the last time an SB box made it all the way to the final bell without being completely spoiled?
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 am

TheBoilerman wrote:When was the last time an SB box made it all the way to the final bell without being completely spoiled?

haha, I was thinking the same. I appreciate it going this far. Yet, totally expecting an unboxing video sometime this week.

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Tue May 16, 2017 7:52 am

xbox_jeff wrote:
TheBoilerman wrote:When was the last time an SB box made it all the way to the final bell without being completely spoiled?

haha, I was thinking the same. I appreciate it going this far. Yet, totally expecting an unboxing video sometime this week.

I'm fairly certain Funko said this is the planned business model at least for the SB box. Reveal the big item early and reveal the remainder after it closes.
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 am

Pmisley wrote:
xbox_jeff wrote:

I'm fairly certain Funko said this is the planned business model at least for the SB box. Reveal the big item early and reveal the remainder after it closes.

They've been pretty good about posting the unboxing video the day after the box closes, so I'm pretty excited for this afternoon. However, normally someone "leaks" the box contents on reddit or IG well before the end.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 am

Eagerly awaiting unboxing!
WTB: Luffy color proto

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am

TheBoilerman wrote:
Pmisley wrote:
xbox_jeff wrote:haha, I was thinking the same. I appreciate it going this far. Yet, totally expecting an unboxing video sometime this week.

They've been pretty good about posting the unboxing video the day after the box closes, so I'm pretty excited for this afternoon. However, normally someone "leaks" the box contents on reddit or IG well before the end.

You're right - usually someone gets the box early and leaks it. I'm surprised we've gotten nothing so far, which is awesome because it means I'm just getting more and more excited for it :)
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue May 16, 2017 2:00 pm

I want a reveal already!!! Must know what's coming!!! :D

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Where them spoilers??? lol lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Russ76

Postby Russ76 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:09 pm

For those who are impatient like me the youtube video is up.

Wasn't thrilled with the wearable. The other item(s) in the box are ok. To be honest if it weren't for the deluxe I would be disappointed with the box.

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Yeah, I'm not thrilled considering I'd rather they put the money elsewhere rather than the wearable and other product. But the deluxe pop is cool.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Russ76 wrote:For those who are impatient like me the youtube video is up.

Wasn't thrilled with the wearable. The other item(s) in the box are ok. To be honest if it weren't for the deluxe I would be disappointed with the box.

I'm totally with you. The wearable is a throw away item and was hoping for a
Spoiler: show
shirt

Oh, and
Where the f**k is Leia? She's on the box and no where inside, not even a patch or pin. Fail!
Last edited by xbox_jeff on Tue May 16, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue May 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Wow. Can't say I'm blown away but with the speeder the box is still worth it.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:
Russ76 wrote:For those who are impatient like me the youtube video is up.

I'm totally with you. The wearable is a throw away item and was hoping for a
shirt - wouldn't a shirt designed like the original movie poster be epic?

Oh, and
Where the f**k is Leia? She's on the box and no where inside, not even a patch or pin. Fail!

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

I will be keeping just ONE item from this box and everyone already knows what it is, lol. The speeder alone was still worth it for me.
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 pm

This is the first time I ever actually wanted Pop salt and pepper shakers! And those wristbands remind me of my gothy high school years...kind of love those, too...

If anyone wants to sell me basically anything in this box BESIDES the Speeder, hit me up lol
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 pm

A little bit less there in the box, but that deluxe is solid. When you look at it though, that deluxe took all of the space, so no wonder they couldn't fit more or another wearable item. If you wanted more, the main box would be much bigger. The cost would be more. That being said, I get why some are disappointed--take away the main item, nothing more to it.
Last edited by Mario Wario on Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:freddy1:

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Ugh......idek guys......I am pleased with part of the box but feel ya all on what I am not thrilled about.

ImageImageImageImage

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue May 16, 2017 5:45 pm

The wearable is not for me, but the shakers are cuttteee. I'll use them in the kitchen :)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue May 16, 2017 6:07 pm

The deluxe is really great, the rest feels very... meh. The shakers are not my thing and my wife would never go for them in the kitchen anyway. [-X

Might be able to make use of the wearable for working out.

I would have loved to have seen a hologram blue Leia Mini Hikari figure...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 pm

I think the value of the box is fine, but I had myself worked up over the potential for a Leia tribute (my own fault, but she is on the box). The speeder is great, but I have the LoC shakers already in the kitchen and the wearable is an unfunny joke. I'm even unimpressed with the patch, which is odd for me as those are usually my favorite item.

I think my time with sub boxes has ended. It was a (mostly) good run.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 pm

I'm kind of glad I was too broke for this one; The speeder is awesome but too big for me to display, so I would have been purchasing mostly for the other items, and the only thing I really wish I had was the pin.

The shakers are cute, and I would love them as a gift, but they aren't something I would ever buy. The wearable is just laughable.

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Pmisley wrote:I will be keeping just ONE item from this box and everyone already knows what it is, lol. The speeder alone was still worth it for me.

Agreed. The speeder was worth it for me for this box.

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Tue May 16, 2017 7:16 pm

I'm getting a little tired of Han vs Greedo but they look good and will use them. The sweat bands are random as hell
Value wise the box delivers. I like the patch but the rest is just ok. I think it's safe to say that if we get a Pop ride......deluxe we won't get a shirt.

esteban123

Postby esteban123 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm

While I won't be using the other items that come in the box, the deluxe item alone makes the box worth it. I can't wait to receive it!
Hello All!!! My name is Esteban

Pop Count: 175

Must Have Pop: Holo Darth Maul

1st Pop: Anger from Inside Out

ginaf20697

Postby ginaf20697 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 pm

And to think I was b**** about socks :(

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm

ginaf20697 wrote:And to think I was b**** about socks :(

Just wait til next box they're going to have r2 d2 and c3po funko branded prophylactics :devil:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Wow, I'm surprised just how bad the box is outside of the main item, although I probably shouldn't be. I skipped this box since the Speeder isn't something I wanted bad enough to give up the precious space it would of taken. The wearable is something I wouldn't wear, and something I haven't seen anyone wear in over a decade. I like to avoid Pop Home items. I'm surprised at the lack of Leia. I real missed opportunity. The value is obviously there because of the Pop Deluxe, but they definitely phoned it in with the rest.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Wow they really bombed the rest of the box. I mean I honestly thought the wearable was a joke for second but nope. I bought the box mainly for the pop deluxe so I wouldn't say I'm disappointed really. However I am baffled by their choices for the filler items.
Higher, Further, Faster

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Between here and other places, I seriously can't believe the amount of hatred being shared about this box. With such an amazing main item, I'm not sure why people were expecting so much more in there.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 pm

groundhog7s wrote:Between here and other places, I seriously can't believe the amount of hatred being shared about this box. With such an amazing main item, I'm not sure why people were expecting so much more in there.

The main item is outstanding and worth the price of the box, I do not regret ordering it, that being said its like if you go out to eat and your main entrée is outstanding but the appetizer and dessert were lousy it would be perfectly alright to critique it as such.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
groundhog7s wrote:Between here and other places, I seriously can't believe the amount of hatred being shared about this box. With such an amazing main item, I'm not sure why people were expecting so much more in there.

The main item is outstanding and worth the price of the box, I do not regret ordering it, that being said its like if you go out to eat and your main entrée is outstanding but the appetizer and dessert were lousy it would be perfectly alright to critique it as such.

I understand what you're saying, but not sure I agree with the analogy. If I go out to eat, I don't pay for the meal and then tell the chef to surprise me (then complain about what I get). The sub boxes are a mystery and by purchasing them you're agreeing to the fact that Funko can put whatever they want in it. I understand people not liking the non-Pop stuff, but that's the risk of buying these. I'm not sure how anyone could look at the value of the speeder and still expect more high value items in the box.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but not sure I agree with the analogy. If I go out to eat, I don't pay for the meal and then tell the chef to surprise me (then complain about what I get). The sub boxes are a mystery and by purchasing them you're agreeing to the fact that Funko can put whatever they want in it. I understand people not liking the non-Pop stuff, but that's the risk of buying these. I'm not sure how anyone could look at the value of the speeder and still expect more high value items in the box.

I agree with you about the value of the speeder but I also get were other people wouldn't be thrilled about the other items. I've got an out with all of my undesirable subscription box items at the end of the year I bundle them together for a few of the secret santa gift exchanges I'm in and I try to look on the bright side that I'm still getting a cool pop ride but I won't begrudge people who negatively criticize as long as its done respectfully.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Yeah, not getting all the hatred. The Pop Deluxe is pretty awesome, everything else is just a bonus. I mean, look at the ESB box. You had a great Pop Deluxe, then a couple of filler items (socks and a Wampa plush). This is pretty comparable. Also, not to say "I told you so" but I think expecting a Leia tribute item was kind of unrealistic when you think about how long it takes to design, gain Disney's approval, and produce. I would be shocked if we don't eventually see a Leia "tribute" kind of piece, but probably SDCC is more likely.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Tue May 16, 2017 11:43 pm

groundhog7s wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

I don't think value is the issue at all; I certainly wouldn't consider a tee and mystery mini to be high value items.

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed May 17, 2017 12:31 am

I love the speeder and can't wait for the box to arrive! I'm not a huge fan of the pop home stuff, but I'm sure I'll end up using it haha. Another great box IMO :]
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 am

I really like the box! For any Star Wars fan, this box is great. What more can a Star Wars fan ask for except for more Star Wars merchandise!

That being said, I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan. And I was hoping for my first Star Wars shirt from this box considering it was going to be a 40th anniversary shirt. But that's not to say I don't like this box. I still like this box, but I wanted a shirt. Maybe in the next box I'll get an R2D2 shirt :D
Jayson

ImageImageImage

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:14 am

I paid less for this than for the Rey and Speeder from Wal-Mart, so the other items are a bonus. The wearable is useless, but the home item was a great surprise that I will use and enjoy.

DeatoN

Postby DeatoN » Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 am

I'm super happy with the Pop Deluxe, it looks incredible, and the Pop Home is pretty good, but to be honest the wearable is one of the worst Star Wars Licensed items I've ever seen. Unless you're Zac Ryder, I don't know a single person that would ever wear them. The ride alone is more value than we've paid for the box, so absolutely no complaints, just totally confused why the wearable item was added, it wasn't necessary.

I guess for me, with Carries passing, and Leia being emblazoned all over the box, I was pretty disappointed that there was nothing inside the box of her.
Instagram: @FunkoPopStarWars
FDO8, 2017 SDCC, 2019 SWC

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 am

So I saw the news on IG on my phone while driving, because I was looking at such tiny photos I thought it was a Han/ Greedo Pop 2 pack and I was really excited lol I was driving home thinking "Wow Funko really pulled out the stops for this anniversary box, freakin' AWESOME!!! Then I got home and looked closer, ugh. I'm in for the speeder regardless, but the rest of the box is -meh- But what a great speeder it is, that's easily worth the box price in my book :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Powered by Funko”