Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Classier

Re: Smuggler's Bounty - A New Hope 40th Anniversary

Postby Classier » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:23 pm

eljefe81 wrote:Holographic Leia is an amazing idea (still). I would not be surprised to see that be an SDCC exclusive this year. You'd have to imagine that once Carrie passed, tribute ideas for her started being thrown around, and this is probably the one that makes the most sense. Combine that with the timing of SDCC being about right for what is needed to get something designed and produced, plus ties into the 40th Anniversary still. Another possibility would be a Funko Shop exclusive right around the actual 40th Anniversary (or Star Wars Day). Maybe even B&N since they were left out on this round of exclusives.

I still want my open-shirt Luke and lowcut dress Leia!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 pm

LMAO. I can't believe we haven't gotten action figures of that at the very least
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:38 pm

What if the 2nd item is a holographic Leia mini hikari? I for one like these small ones we have been getting.
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:55 pm

McScruffy wrote:What if the 2nd item is a holographic Leia mini hikari? I for one like these small ones we have been getting.

:eek: Hold on, gimme a sec to put my thoughts together... =D> That would be AWESOME.
Hi, I'm Merri!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 pm

If we get a mini hikari in this box it will officially make it my favorite box thus far
Higher, Further, Faster

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Whatever they include alongside the main attraction won't be very big.

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:00 am

dad2my3 wrote:Whatever they include alongside the main attraction won't be very big.

I totally agree with you. I would love a second vinyl item, I just don't think it's very likely.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I think a mystery-mini or mymoji would be very possible. Or maybe another item from the home set (like salt and pepper shakers).

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am

This has potential to be one the best boxes so far!

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 am

slim1977 wrote:
dad2my3 wrote:Whatever they include alongside the main attraction won't be very big.

I totally agree with you. I would love a second vinyl item, I just don't think it's very likely.

The MCC box with the Wolverine Pop Ride also had a Rock Candy. The Disney box with the pirate ship Ridez also had a mystery mini in a collector tin. I'd say the chances are pretty good there might be a 2nd vinyl item included.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

treswright wrote:
slim1977 wrote:

The MCC box with the Wolverine Pop Ride also had a Rock Candy. The Disney box with the pirate ship Ridez also had a mystery mini in a collector tin. I'd say the chances are pretty good there might be a 2nd vinyl item included.

I'm just basing my guess off the last star wars box that had a deluxe pop ride. No shirt, socks instead, and the second item was a plush wampa. But only time will tell. Either way I'm good with the land speeder. Anything else will just be a bonus.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 am

Boba_Fetish wrote:
treswright wrote:
popfanboy wrote:I was thinking though that maybe we could get the Leia mystery mini as a holographic variant.

That would be sweet! Or a PSH!

What about a Rock Candy? Are there Star Wars Rock Candy? Or any known plans for them?

We got a Rock Candy and a Ride in the X-Men box for MCC, so it's possible, right?

I was hoping for a MM or PSH because then it would be small enough to display with R2 and kind of look like she was being projected :-) I haven't heard any SW RC announcements, would be cool but I bet they would have to be bobbles.

slim1977 wrote:I'm just basing my guess off the last star wars box that had a deluxe pop ride. No shirt, socks instead, and the second item was a plush wampa. But only time will tell. Either way I'm good with the land speeder. Anything else will just be a bonus.

I really didn't like the plushies at all, but that one was really cool! I went from not liking plushies to liking fuzzy plushies :-) Now I want that Bantha! I doubt they would do another Pop deluxe/ plushie combo though (just because they like to mix things up), that's why I'm thinking this box may get something vinyl in it. I bet the Speeder box will be pretty big, so unless they have a huge shipping box I doubt the 2nd item would be a Rock Candy, Pop or Dorbz. So I'm leaning towards it being a mystery mini, especially since they were recently announced. I wouldn't complain if it was a couple of PSHs though!

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 am

treswright wrote:I was hoping for a MM or PSH because then it would be small enough to display with R2 and kind of look like she was being projected :-) I haven't heard any SW RC announcements, would be cool but I bet they would have to be bobbles.

I'll be happy to get her in any form. And given enough time, I'm sure we'll see a holographic Leia released in all of them, even as a mini pack-in with R2... there is a new astromech mold that they need to push after all. Lol

Mystique is my only Rock Candy, but I can't tell that she bobbles until she's actually moving, so it wouldn't bother me if an eventual Leia had to as well.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah, based on the size of the box in the video, I'm thinking it's going to be slightly smaller than something like "Indy's Ride". I'd try to compare it to Rey's speeder, but :( haven't actually seen that one in person :(. Holographic mystery-mini Leia would be amazing.

Tovarnico

Postby Tovarnico » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 am

I would be beyond happy if the Holographic Leia was in this box! In Funkos Q&A yesterday someone asked about the holographic leia and they replied, " There is still "hope"" The quotations around hope could mean nothing but it also could mean something. They are so sneaky!

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 am

not sure if this has been mentioned...but the picture of Leia on the box looks like holographic Leia! Aren't all of the box art characters made into pops?

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:29 am

Megacam wrote:not sure if this has been mentioned...but the picture of Leia on the box looks like holographic Leia! Aren't all of the box art characters made into pops?

I don't believe the Luke on the ESB box exists.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Tovarnico wrote:I would be beyond happy if the Holographic Leia was in this box! In Funkos Q&A yesterday someone asked about the holographic leia and they replied, " There is still "hope"" The quotations around hope could mean nothing but it also could mean something. They are so sneaky!

I think using the quotations definitely means something. The question is "what"? Do they mean the New Hope 40th Anniversary box? I "hope" (sorry :) ) that they aren't using it to emphasize their cleverness, because really, that is a pretty clever answer, no matter how it gets spun.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Re-started my sub because of "hope" that the box will excel. The main item is cool, but not fantastic. Looking forward to seeing what else is in store.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
Tovarnico wrote:I would be beyond happy if the Holographic Leia was in this box! In Funkos Q&A yesterday someone asked about the holographic leia and they replied, " There is still "hope"" The quotations around hope could mean nothing but it also could mean something. They are so sneaky!

I think using the quotations definitely means something. The question is "what"? Do they mean the New Hope 40th Anniversary box? I "hope" (sorry :) ) that they aren't using it to emphasize their cleverness, because really, that is a pretty clever answer, no matter how it gets spun.

I'm already stoked for this box, if there is a holographic Leia Pop, that would be epic. Perhaps, it will just end up being a shirt or something.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 am

I've really been on the fence about this one as I've been trying to cut back on subs, but that Ride is so sweet. Got charged today for it because I wanted Rebels and forgot to turn off the sub. I guess I'm no longer on the fence anymore.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Tue May 02, 2017 9:52 am

Ahhhhh. This might push me over the top on this box.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 am

newhousebailey wrote:

Ahhhhh. This might push me over the top on this box.

Omgggg, make it so, Funko!
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 02, 2017 9:54 am

I just got the processing for my order last night so I'm all hyped. That land speeder is beautiful and I can't wait to see what else is in there!!!
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:12 am

Lonikins wrote:I just got the processing for my order last night so I'm all hyped. That land speeder is beautiful and I can't wait to see what else is in there!!!

Received my email also. Wes is super excited for this speeder to arrive. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 am

Shalee04 wrote:
Lonikins wrote:I just got the processing for my order last night so I'm all hyped. That land speeder is beautiful and I can't wait to see what else is in there!!!

Land speeder?!? where the hell have I been. I'm way behind in my funko news...
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 02, 2017 11:31 am

edmomo wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAT. You have been outta the loop. They announced it at SWC.
http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/funko ... ounty-box/

ImageImageImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:34 am

edmomo wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

Hahahaha have you been hiding under a rock? :drunken: lol

Minis-450+
And

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 am

treswright wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:
treswright wrote:
That would be sweet! Or a PSH!

What about a Rock Candy? Are there Star Wars Rock Candy? Or any known plans for them?

We got a Rock Candy and a Ride in the X-Men box for MCC, so it's possible, right?

I was hoping for a MM or PSH because then it would be small enough to display with R2 and kind of look like she was being projected :-) I haven't heard any SW RC announcements, would be cool but I bet they would have to be bobbles.

slim1977 wrote:I'm just basing my guess off the last star wars box that had a deluxe pop ride. No shirt, socks instead, and the second item was a plush wampa. But only time will tell. Either way I'm good with the land speeder. Anything else will just be a bonus.

I really didn't like the plushies at all, but that one was really cool! I went from not liking plushies to liking fuzzy plushies :-) Now I want that Bantha! I doubt they would do another Pop deluxe/ plushie combo though (just because they like to mix things up), that's why I'm thinking this box may get something vinyl in it. I bet the Speeder box will be pretty big, so unless they have a huge shipping box I doubt the 2nd item would be a Rock Candy, Pop or Dorbz. So I'm leaning towards it being a mystery mini, especially since they were recently announced. I wouldn't complain if it was a couple of PSHs though!

I saw the Bantha when I was at Target on Sunday. It looks GREAT in person. Kind of regret not picking it up. Also, the plush Jabba from SWC is wonderful.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue May 02, 2017 11:49 am

Lonikins wrote:
edmomo wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

WHAAAAAAAAT. You have been outta the loop. They announced it at SWC.
http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/funko ... ounty-box/

Wow, I was out of the loop too! And I was at SWCO! Too much going on, I guess. This looks amazing!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

Shalee04 wrote:
edmomo wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:

I was at a wedding in vegas when SWC was going on. Guess I never went back to see what happened. Minus a point for me.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am

edmomo wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:
edmomo wrote:

I was at a wedding in vegas when SWC was going on. Guess I never went back to see what happened. Minus a point for me.

Wedding cake!!! Yummmy Wes and I have always said one day we are going to crash a wedding, pretend to know the bride or groom, eat some wedding cake. Hahahaha yeah it won't ever happen tho we are both to chicken. But It's something we have talked about doing since we first met over 22 years ago. :drunken:

Minis-450+
And

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I never seem to get the processing emails until way late, but I logged into my account and it says processing now! So looking forward to this box. Can't wait to see all the Pop Deluxes together.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Tue May 02, 2017 1:32 pm

synergy56 wrote:I never seem to get the processing emails until way late, but I logged into my account and it says processing now! So looking forward to this box. Can't wait to see all the Pop Deluxes together.

You might get that later, but you always get your box light years before me lol

ImageImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 02, 2017 1:54 pm

paxderomano wrote:
treswright wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:What about a Rock Candy? Are there Star Wars Rock Candy? Or any known plans for them?

I saw the Bantha when I was at Target on Sunday. It looks GREAT in person. Kind of regret not picking it up. Also, the plush Jabba from SWC is wonderful.

He's AWESOME. So fuzzy and fluffy :-D Big too!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm

I got charged today too! I need that Speeder! I've been fighting to stay 100% on Pop Deluxe.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I wonder if they will announce any other items before hand or if the rest of the contents will be a surprise....I'm hoping surprise :)

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm

synergy56 wrote:I never seem to get the processing emails until way late, but I logged into my account and it says processing now! So looking forward to this box. Can't wait to see all the Pop Deluxes together.

no email for me either, but my account says processing too
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:06 am

racheva wrote:

no email for me either, but my account says processing too

I actually usually get the shipping notification the day of or after it arrives which is kinda funny too lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

eljefe81 wrote:I wonder if they will announce any other items before hand or if the rest of the contents will be a surprise....I'm hoping surprise :)

Usually they just announce one major thing and let the rest be a surprise. I think that system works best.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Powered by Funko”