Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Ricardo616

Re: Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Postby Ricardo616 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

I think what some people are forgetting is this was the only way the sub would have been available to anyone outside the US, so I'm pretty upset it turned out to be a mistake, I can understand how people who signed up with Funko felt ripped off, but that's how I've felt over every Smugglers Bounty and Collectors Corps box so far anyway, so it was nice to think I could get a sub that I actually wanted without paying x3 the original price lol

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I still haven't heard anything cancelling the HT orders (still shows processing). If it goes another day or two I have to think they might just fulfill those orders. Ultimately they want people to buy the box. If they don't make an official announcement letting people know the HT orders won't be honored and give enough time for people to get refunded money, they run the risk of people not ordering the box because their funds are tied up.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 pm

eljefe81 wrote:I still haven't heard anything cancelling the HT orders (still shows processing). If it goes another day or two I have to think they might just fulfill those orders. Ultimately they want people to buy the box. If they don't make an official announcement letting people know the HT orders won't be honored and give enough time for people to get refunded money, they run the risk of people not ordering the box because their funds are tied up.

actually... https://www.instagram.com/p/BSb2Nnyhe9K/?taken-by=sw_up_wir20
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:53 pm

I did order the box from HT, just because it was too good of a deal for $20 a box shipped. I wasn't going to subscribe to the regular box since I am REALLY selective about what Disney stuff I collect and I don't want anything from the first box. I went in assuming it was probably some kind of mistake and would more than likely get cancelled and if they do actually follow through with a $20 gift card I will be ecstatic! I probably will order the occasional box or two from this line if the theme sounds like something I collect, but I'm not really upset about how it played out. I do feel bad for the international orders mostly.
Hi, I'm Merri!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:48 pm

eljefe81 wrote:It's O Shag Hennessy. Get it right, Sacar-let

Umm it's pronounced Scarlet.......

lol
Higher, Further, Faster

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:11 pm

I received my gift card from my cancelled order. I figured that in all likelihood when the box first went up on their site that it would be cancelled, but couldn't resist buying it particularly with the flash sale discount. I think the $20 gift card is more than generous. So while we still don't know why this happened, at least HT is making a real effort to try and make it up to people.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:18 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:I received my gift card from my cancelled order. I figured that in all likelihood when the box first went up on their site that it would be cancelled, but couldn't resist buying it particularly with the flash sale discount. I think the $20 gift card is more than generous. So while we still don't know why this happened, at least HT is making a real effort to try and make it up to people.

Just got mine too! I feel exactly the same way. Thought it may be a mistake when I ordered in the first place but was such a great deal. Super happy with getting a free $20 gift card out of it :cheers: This may find my Disney Pint Sized Hero hunt!
Hi, I'm Merri!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Got mine as well. Little bit of a bummer since at that price it's a great deal for the kids (who will take them out of the box and play with them) but I'm sure I'll put the $20 to use for SWCO pops. Out of curiosity, did anyone order more than one? And if so, did you get $20 per or just $20 total?
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat May 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Was at work when it went up and couldn't snag it. Bummed since i could have had an easy $20 credit x_x
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Return to “Powered by Funko”