Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Re: Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:59 pm

RoboFist wrote:
popfanboy wrote:Image

Yiiiikes...this is a HUGE mishap on HT's part. Glad to hear Funko's hands are clean, but I wonder how this whole thing will be resolved?

I would expect that anyone who ordered through HT will receive a refund.

Are you expecting something more than that?

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Damn, wtf is HT doing? Someone at corporate is getting fired.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Thats the only thing ive ever had a issue with is HTs returns they take forever to go back to your method of payment ESPECIALLY if its PP

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Damn, wtf is HT doing? Someone at corporate is getting fired.

most likely sadly. my thing is those of us that ordered from HT are we supposed to order agin from the actual disney treasure sight now while we wait for my return? if so that would suck to drop another 30 whatever it is while I wait for HT to return my 56 which can take who knows how long that will take to be put back in my account

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm wondering if error was price and this will be way boxes can make it to international markets.
Got Pixie Dust?

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:24 pm

dboneo wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:Damn, wtf is HT doing? Someone at corporate is getting fired.

most likely sadly. my thing is those of us that ordered from HT are we supposed to order agin from the actual disney treasure sight now while we wait for my return? if so that would suck to drop another 30 whatever it is while I wait for HT to return my 56 which can take who knows how long that will take to be put back in my account

Yeah that sucks man, didn't even think about it like that.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

HobieWanKenobi

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:I'm wondering if error was price and this will be way boxes can make it to international markets.

I'm guessing based on Indiana Jones that HT isn't allowed to sell anything with the Disney Parks license. Didn't Funko say that the only way to get Indy was at the booth or in the parks, and that was because of the licensing agreement?

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Looks like I'll be getting a PayPal refund. I guess that's what I get for jumping on it at 1am when I can't sleep. At least people that tried to order it from HT still have time to order the box the normal way before the day is over. I thought it was really strange it didn't have any options for a shirt size.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Strending625 wrote:Looks like I'll be getting a PayPal refund. I guess that's what I get for jumping on it at 1am when I can't sleep. At least people that tried to order it from HT still have time to order the box the normal way before the day is over. I thought it was really strange it didn't have any options for a shirt size.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Honestly, HT should pay the difference to Funko and honor the purchases. They made the mistake. You can't blame customers for taking advantage of a good deal. It wasn't an obvious error, like a decimal misplaced. Considering the deadline to order is today, it would be unfair to those people who still aren't sure if they're getting their money back, to make them order again. Especially since it's Saturday and who knows what will be sorted out by the end of the day.

And I didn't order the boxes either way, so it's just my opinion! I have to stake in it.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:07 pm

So are Hot Topic orders being refunded?
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

FunkoRAMA

Postby FunkoRAMA » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:09 pm

This just got posted so people definitely have more time to order, no new details about the HT thing though

https://funko.com/blogs/news/you-have-m ... rates-cove

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:37 pm

It just seems so weird to me that Hot Topic would even have a Funko subscription box up on their site at all without some kind of permission. So maybe they are going to be selling them, but weren't supposed to allow discounts or coupons, like the Stranger Things stuff? It is just a horribly unfortunate situation that was destined to get people angry at someone. Either Funko or Hot Topic were inevitabily going to be on the receiving end of some collector anger. Doubly unfortunate that it happened on April Fools so people had no idea if it was all just a really bad joke as well.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Glad to see that Funko clarified the situation quickly. I ordered knowing that it was likely too good to be true and I would end up receiving a refund....and it looks like that is exactly what is going to happen. As long as the refund process doesn't take weeks, I can't complain really. Was worth a try for me. Luckily there are amazing funatics willing to help internationals get this box :) Huge stuff up by HT though. Makes you wonder what was happening behind the scenes that allowed this to happen.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm glad to see that Funko had such a quick response to this screwup. I'm thinking someone at HT is going to be folding shirts at an overcrowded mall store for a LONG time.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

lschutzman2

Postby lschutzman2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:14 pm

I want to be funko-positive, and they did respond, but not fully. Still want to understand why hot topic is selling these at all - aren't they supposed to be exclusive? I would forgo the year prize and just order from hot topic (even for full price but little shipping). But already signed up for year. Still excited, just a little disappointed with the whole situation.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:03 pm

#-o Wow!!! I'm glad I got on-line this evening after all this took place. I've turned on a lot of friends for the yearly sub and would feel really bad if this sub was sold through HT, when it was my understanding this was exclusive to the Funko site like the other subs and there was no way for my friends to purchase this other than directly through Funko. That really needs to be clarified. If, in the future Subs are going to be sold through retail outlets other than Funko, we need to know that. Then we can make an intelligent decision on how and from where we want to purchase subscriptions. #-o
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 am

This is such an odd situation! I know it's (kind of) been addressed now by Funko, but how did this even happen to begin with?? Going to be watching "Smeegate" unfold with great interest. And yes, feel free to use #smeegate. lol
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:46 am

paxderomano wrote:This is such an odd situation! I know it's (kind of) been addressed now by Funko, but how did this even happen to begin with?? Going to be watching "Smeegate" unfold with great interest. And yes, feel free to use #smeegate. lol

Is it possible that HT got hacked and someone who has it in for HT or Funko were able to put up a false ad??? #-o #-o #-o

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 am

I know I'm going to be poking my head in hot fire here, but I'm a little irritated. I don't understand why so many people are still mad at this..? It sucks that mistakes happen, but mistakes are going to happen. Businesses are far from perfect, but are there are even fewer still that try to please most of their customer base. We've been waiting for a Disney subscription box, and we know that Funko usually handles these subscriptions, so we purchase those subscriptions from Funko. Obviously, Hot Topic made a giant mistake. They fixed it. Funko is extending the deadline for orders on the subscription, so no one will miss out (I'm sorry International customers).

What more do you want them to do, honestly?

I will never cause any more trouble again. I'm sorry.
Melissa

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:52 am

Hot Topic be like:
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:18 am

lunarembrace wrote:I know I'm going to be poking my head in hot fire here, but I'm a little irritated. I don't understand why so many people are still mad at this..? It sucks that mistakes happen, but mistakes are going to happen. Businesses are far from perfect, but are there are even fewer still that try to please most of their customer base. We've been waiting for a Disney subscription box, and we know that Funko usually handles these subscriptions, so we purchase those subscriptions from Funko. Obviously, Hot Topic made a giant mistake. They fixed it. Funko is extending the deadline for orders on the subscription, so no one will miss out (I'm sorry International customers).

I agree 100% with what you're saying. I was a bit annoyed when the news came out but I did my best to look at the positives of the situation. Either way now I'm all good, whatever the real reason for this was we might not know but Funko has gone on record saying that it was a mistake. I'm just excited to get my first ever subscription box and enjoy the ride this takes us on!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:48 pm

lunarembrace wrote:I know I'm going to be poking my head in hot fire here, but I'm a little irritated. I don't understand why so many people are still mad at this..? It sucks that mistakes happen, but mistakes are going to happen. Businesses are far from perfect, but are there are even fewer still that try to please most of their customer base. We've been waiting for a Disney subscription box, and we know that Funko usually handles these subscriptions, so we purchase those subscriptions from Funko. Obviously, Hot Topic made a giant mistake. They fixed it. Funko is extending the deadline for orders on the subscription, so no one will miss out (I'm sorry International customers).

Really? I don't see that many people who are mad, especially since the HT orders were cancelled. I see a lot of people who are curious, myself included! I didn't order the box from Funko or HT, but I am super puzzled about the whole situation. I'd love to know how HT got the idea to even *sell* this box. The discount doesn't puzzle me as much since it's something HT does for other products they sell. But HT even having access to sell a Funko subscription box is super strange. Either Funko has given them permission, which seems *extremely* unlikely, or someone at HT took it upon themselves to copy/paste Funko graphics onto their official company page and ~pretend to sell them. All on April 1st! A girl cannot help but be curious!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:57 pm

For what it's worth, the order I put in at HT still shows as processing. Has anyone gotten confirmation from HT/Funko that these orders are being cancelled, or are we just assuming they will be?
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 pm

I didn't feel ripped off when I saw it because I just had a feeling it was an error and would play out this way. Plus, I try to shrug my shoulders at something like this, you win some you lose some. I've gotten great deals and saved a lot of money just by being on this board and getting advice from fellow funatics
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Really? I don't see that many people who are mad, especially since the HT orders were cancelled. I see a lot of people who are curious, myself included! I didn't order the box from Funko or HT, but I am super puzzled about the whole situation. I'd love to know how HT got the idea to even *sell* this box.

Could HT have been hacked and had an ad put on their site by someone who wanted to be mischievous??? #-o

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:01 pm

I think you summed it up perfectly. Dont hide, you didnt cause trouble. You spoke the truth.

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:32 pm

So I'm newer to the boards than some and did purchase the pioneer box and saw the hot topic offer AFTER it was taken down due to being at Wondercon yesterday. Speculation isn't necessarily of much value but I have sinking feeling that this was an employee's action and hopefully a mistake or a joke gone wrong given the coincidental day. Something of this magnitude is very out of character for both of these companies. While a mistake has been made I'm glad that it is being acknowledged as such and appreciate actions made on both sides to make parties whole.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

FunkoFan86

Postby FunkoFan86 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:29 pm

So basically Hot Topic screwed up and now we won't be able to see the next theme for three more weeks.

racheva

Postby racheva » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:Really? I don't see that many people who are mad, especially since the HT orders were cancelled. I see a lot of people who are curious, myself included! I didn't order the box from Funko or HT, but I am super puzzled about the whole situation. I'd love to know how HT got the idea to even *sell* this box.

Could HT have been hacked and had an ad put on their site by someone who wanted to be mischievous??? #-o

I mean, anything is possible. But it's very unlikely since both Funko and HT would have said as much. Also, it's not that easy to hack a company's site to this degree and I can't imagine why some random hacker would care enough. It's not like the joke would reach a wide audience. I think someone mid level at HT screwed up, but I also think HT and Funko were at least discussing the possibility of HT selling this box down the road.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:01 pm

FunkoFan86 wrote:So basically Hot Topic screwed up and now we won't be able to see the next theme for three more weeks.

Well when the boxes arrive for the people that ordered before the 1st we will see what the theme is on the insert card.
Tanner

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:12 pm

popfanboy wrote:
FunkoFan86 wrote:So basically Hot Topic screwed up and now we won't be able to see the next theme for three more weeks.

Well when the boxes arrive for the people that ordered before the 1st we will see what the theme is on the insert card.

I happened to see a spoiler on ig before it was taken down so I got a peak at the upcoming themes. Looks like we're in for some great boxes!
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:29 pm

jedik6 wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

I happened to see a spoiler on ig before it was taken down so I got a peak at the upcoming themes. Looks like we're in for some great boxes!

I know the image your talking about but we still don't know which one is next. Once we get the box we will know exactly.
Tanner

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:55 am

popfanboy wrote:
jedik6 wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

I know the image your talking about but we still don't know which one is next. Once we get the box we will know exactly.

I don't care either way. It's all good stuff :)
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

rgr61375

Postby rgr61375 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 am

eljefe81 wrote:For what it's worth, the order I put in at HT still shows as processing. Has anyone gotten confirmation from HT/Funko that these orders are being cancelled, or are we just assuming they will be?

Me too. I joined at the Pioneer level, but jumped on the Hot Topic deal, for trade bait or 2nd chance at variants, etc.

My Hot Topic order still shows "Status: In Process"

It's going to be interesting to see how this is handled.
John: Don't you just love the graphics on this box?
Homer: No. How can you love a box, or a toy or graphics? You're a grown man.
John: It's camp!
https://www.instagram.com/ronsrandomstuff

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:41 am

Whoever was responsible, they dun messed up hard A-A-ron. Glad to see they fixed it some how. There were alot of angry people. I was somewhat excited about getting a second set of boxes for $60 though lol
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:03 pm

toro423 wrote:Whoever was responsible, they dun messed up hard A-A-ron. Glad to see they fixed it some how. There were alot of angry people. I was somewhat excited about getting a second set of boxes for $60 though lol

I agree Ed. I saw a lot of angry rants on social media. I must admit, I was a bit annoyed at first too because I paid the founder's amount in full. But after speaking to a friend, I was reminded that there would for sure be clarification happening and it was too soon to find fault anywhere. So true.

I saw some rants against the Funko community and I blocked those people on social media because they have no right to attack people they don't know.
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:50 pm

toro423 wrote:Whoever was responsible, they dun messed up hard A-A-ron. Glad to see they fixed it some how. There were alot of angry people. I was somewhat excited about getting a second set of boxes for $60 though lol

They need to get their arse down to principal O'Shaughnessy's office right away lol
Higher, Further, Faster

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 pm

It's O Shag Hennessy. Get it right, Sacar-let
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Powered by Funko”