Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
angeladominguez

Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:13 am

I'm sure Funko will clarify this more, but the Disney Treasures Subscription Box is available for a 3 month membership at hottopic.com.
Multiple people have placed confirmed orders.

This could be an April Fools Joke, and everyone would get refunded.
I'm wondering if anyone else also has any other information.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Re: Disney Subscription Box available at HotTopic.com

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 am

Huh... this is really weird! This would definitely be a first for Funko to offer sub boxes through a retailer.... I wonder if that's how you get the HT Peter Pan though?!

Maybe I should stop tin-foil hatting.....
Last edited by Sarcasticguy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:Huh... this is really weird! This would definitely be a first for Funko to offer sub boxes through a retailer.... I wonder if that's how you get the HT Peter Pan though?!

Whoa, never though of that! That's a good thought! And Funko does do some spoilers ahead of time, so it would be ok for Hot Topic to spoil it, but still we need more information. I'm ok with it. I got my pioneer sub! lol

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:25 am

wait, why the hell would Disney be ok with Hot Topic selling theme parks merchandise when Disney won't even share that IP with the Disney Stores in the mall (unless an outlet location)
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 am

merp.
Last edited by Sarcasticguy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:I put it in my initial post but.. guys:

"Pirates Cove includes a Smee Pop! and Wicked Wench Dorbz Ride, a theme park exclusive"

If this isn't April Fools, then what could this be?

I'm leaning more toward April Fools too, but people are actually paying for the box. My local FB group has five people who paid already. It's easy to get a refund back, but there are so people who don't like to have there money messed with.

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:39 am

I bought it so let's see what happens. I do feel this is kinda messed up for people who paid full price. I even got 30% off and $2 shipping so this is a HUGE discount. It honestly does feel like an Aprils fools joke but we'll see.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 am

a local friend ordered but realized through HT it never asked for a shirt size
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:44 am

No matter which way this turns out it isn't going to be good. The fact that HT is allowing orders to go through makes me think it could be real. Last year's April Fool's joke was that they were releasing an exclusive Golden Girls collection. Once you clicked on the link from the email though, the web page said April Fools. IMO if this isn't real they took it too far. It would be one thing if when you try to add the sub to the cart it redirected you to a page saying April Fools, but this goes way past that.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

rainomatic

Postby rainomatic » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:49 am

Extremely disappointed. The fact that they promoted the year long subscription as the best deal and even sent out an additional email saying prices will go up just makes it even worse. That is manipulation, plain and simple.

They must process partial refunds for people who signed up through the official site and paid full price plus ridiculous shipping that came to a third of the value of the boxes.

Otherwise this would be the last that Funko would see of me. I do not want to deal with a business that thinks it can cheat people out of their money, especially when those people make up the most eager and loyal part of their fanbase.

Hopefully we'll see Brian address this as soon as possible.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:50 am

so tempted to give it a shot...
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:56 am

I took a shot on it. I payed through PayPal since I check that more often than my credit card and I can see if it's an April fools joke and get refunded quickly or not.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:59 am

It was too tempting....and I ordered one. I can't get these directly to Australia, and at that price.....

I figure the worst that can happen is they refund me. The cheap subscription price, plus the fact that I only had to pay $45USD total for shipping (which is shipping for one item, not 3 seperate boxes) is just too good to be true. I have received a confirmation email, but fully expect this to be cancelled. But worth a try. I paid through PayPal for added peace of mind that I will eventually get a refund.

If it's an April Fools joke.....I don't get the joke lol.

I will let you know what happens...expect news of a refund lol. I have already subscribed for the first month through Funko (sending it to a funatic in the USA), but this would be so much cheaper. So I'm covered either way. I had nothing to lose really.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 am

I dont know how people would ever think that this could be April fools joke. Like HT or Funko would ever want to deal with the harassment that would ensue after all the April fools email cancellations went out. I dont see that happening.

Something seems off. So Im just gunna wait to get some more clarification on the situation before I order.

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:53 am

Geescube wrote:I dont know how people would ever think that this could be April fools joke. Like HT or Funko would ever want to deal with the harassment that would ensue after all the April fools email cancellations went out. I dont see that happening.

Something seems off. So Im just gunna wait to get some more clarification on the situation before I order.

I agree. I don't see it being an Aprils Fool joke....because there would be nothing funny about the situation if it was, not for the people who ordered, or the companies involved. I also agree that something does seem very very off about this though. But it was just too good a deal to not at least try.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:01 am

Geescube wrote:I dont know how people would ever think that this could be April fools joke. Like HT or Funko would ever want to deal with the harassment that would ensue after all the April fools email cancellations went out. I dont see that happening.

You are definetly right.

It's a lose/lose situation. If it's a joke and refunds occur then people will be upset. If it's real and discounted, then people who purchased their boxes beforehand will be upset.

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:02 am

Totally feel robbed here. Spent $200 on something I thought was exclusively sold on disney treasures. Only to find Hot Topic is selling the subscription for half the price. Poor form Funko. Seriously disappointed in the money grab tactics. Can't let the subscription grow naturally, so you screw the people who actually support and are committed to the subscription by low balling it through Hot Topic. Hope this is an April Fools joke, but I doubt it.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Princess

Postby Princess » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:09 am

It's too early to get angry at Funko. As Alyssa commented...something is a little off about all this, and I hope that all will be clarified shortly. I would wait until Funko have a chance to comment before I grab the pitchforks. I certainly understand people's disappointment if they "overpaid" by ordering directly from Funko.....but we don't know that is the situation yet.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:14 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:Totally feel robbed here. Spent $200 on something I thought was exclusively sold on disney treasures. Only to find Hot Topic is selling the subscription for half the price. Poor form Funko. Seriously disappointed in the money grab tactics. Can't let the subscription grow naturally, so you screw the people who actually support and are committed to the subscription by low balling it through Hot Topic. Hope this is an April Fools joke, but I doubt it.

Yup, it's too early to get upset. There just needs to be more clarification into why the box is up on Hot Topic.

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:22 am

We will get no real answers within 24 hours as it is April Fools day.

The advertising of rising prices starting April 1st was very misleading for them to even consider selling (or pretending to sell) subscriptions at Hot Topic for the discounted price. Let's pretend this isn't a joke and a legitimate Hot Topic order. It's only fair to be upset. We all just got cheated out of $200 for sincerely supporting their product. No pitchforks, just pointing out the obvious.

I really hope they prove me wrong, but again I doubt it.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:02 am

From what I can tell, HT has some sort of contract with Disney, since they have all that Disney stuff: purses, dresses, mugs, etc. They are probably just expanding their contract and allowing them to sell the subscription? I guess we will find out.
My Name is Ernie

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:05 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:Huh... this is really weird! This would definitely be a first for Funko to offer sub boxes through a retailer.... I wonder if that's how you get the HT Peter Pan though?!

EDIT:

This is on the box description:

"Pirates Cove includes a Smee Pop! and Wicked Wench Dorbz Ride, a theme park exclusive"

Could this be the Jolly Roger? I really hope it is!

I'm from Hawaii, so my grammar and English may be a little suspect, but the way I read it, the Wicked Wench is the theme park exclusive.

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 am

Whatever the reason is it still stinks that they're giving it out for a discounted price. I understand that it's great for people that are out of the country and I get that it's a 3 month subscription instead of being able to become a pioneer but that means if they decide to keep this contract for the box most people will get it straight from Hot Topic. I'm also hoping there's not some sort of Hot Topic exclusive given through the box if you bought it straight from them, I would be really upset if that's how the new Peter Pan is getting sent out because I was really looking forward to that and I don't want to miss out on it. There's no way I'm paying for two boxes just for one POP though no matter how much I love him, hopefully we hear news from Funko soon about this.
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:54 am

:-k :-k :-k
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:58 am

If I hadn't of ordered the single box I would be all over this but if I were to order this one from Hot topic I'd be saving a little over 5 dollars for the remaining 2 boxes and be left with a left over pirates cove box. I'm happy for international customers who get a chance to get this but moves like this are going to keep me from staying with sub boxes and just buy the pop/dorbz off of sites like mercari /ebay after they come out.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 am

If this isn't a joke, it's a real bad sign. The exclusive boxes already weren't exclusive at all, and now may be sold thru retailers? That will be a lot of cancelled subscriptions, anger and lost business. Not a good move here, seems that marketing company Funko hired is doing more harm than good.

The main reason the sub boxes exist is they're supposed to have exclusives, now they just have commons....

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:21 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

EDIT:

This is on the box description:

Could this be the Jolly Roger? I really hope it is!

I'm from Hawaii, so my grammar and English may be a little suspect, but the way I read it, the Wicked Wench is the theme park exclusive.

Yeah, i read this after a long day during the middle of the night, so my english was also suspect. you are correct oh wise HWK.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Huh. If this is serious I'm probably shelling out, because this is a very good deal.

Ricardo616

Postby Ricardo616 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am

As I said in the Disney POP thread, I do really hope this is real, I can understand everyone's frustration if they had signed up already in the states, but as a UKer who's had to miss every Collectors Corps and Smugglers Bounty box so far (unless I paid over 3 times the actual price) this is a godsend. So if it does turn out to be a April fools joke, I won't be laughing.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:21 am

What's disappointing is that it was announced that prices would be going up if you didn't order right away.

Here's the quote from the email...

The current Disney Treasures pricing is only available for a limited time!

Get in on the introductory price, good for your first year, as pricing will increase after the Pirates Cove box.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

One thing to keep in mind is that Funko doesn't exactly control the flash sales that HT does. So while this seems like a screaming deal (and a slap in the face to those who bought early) if you remove the flash sale, it's more or less the same pricing, sans the Pioneer stuff.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:37 am

I still think the year long sub will be best deal in a way, folks who subbed for a year will get the gift.
2012 Rookie of the Year

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 am

eljefe81 wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that Funko doesn't exactly control the flash sales that HT does. So while this seems like a screaming deal (and a slap in the face to those who bought early) if you remove the flash sale, it's more or less the same pricing, sans the Pioneer stuff.

=D> This makes complete sense.
I be Chris

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:49 am

Hot Topic has now revealed their official April Fools joke and it is NOT this! I agree that we at least deserve an explanation for this, but it does appear to be legit, especially as it appears that it is not the april fools joke.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Why would this be an April Fool's joke? When Thinkgeek does them, you can't actually complete checkout. If Hot Topic is taking your money, then it's real.

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:12 pm

dad2my3 wrote:Why would this be an April Fool's joke? When Thinkgeek does them, you can't actually complete checkout. If Hot Topic is taking your money, then it's real.

Because through Funko, a year's sub is $24 per box... this is a 3 month sub with $17.50 per box... that's ridiculous.

Granted you don't get the Founders/Year perks, but most people just want the box anyways.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

emk194

Postby emk194 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:27 pm

^ Well, that settles that. lol
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm

popfanboy wrote:Image

Yiiiikes...this is a HUGE mishap on HT's part. Glad to hear Funko's hands are clean, but I wonder how this whole thing will be resolved?
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:56 pm

So what about for those of us that already ordered and even had our money deducted from our accounts?

Return to “Powered by Funko”