June Disney Treasures: Festival of Friendship

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
danioh77

Re: June Disney Treasures: Festival of Friendship

Postby danioh77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 am

I Can't Wait to see what in this Box?!

ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 am

HappinessGuano wrote:I'll be honest, I don't even remember signing up for a shirt size for either of these boxes. Was that an option? I know Funko stated that there pretty much won't (in most cases) be one, but I don't remember that option being asked.

There was a shirt size option when you signed up but they did say they probably will not have shirts for the Disney boxes.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

danioh77

Postby danioh77 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:41 am

spoiler alert!

Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Sawasdee Krab, I'm Oh'C. Instagram @danioh77
Pop! - 440 | Dorbz - 5 | Hikari - 7 | Mystery Minis - 44

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Just saw an unboxing.
This box seemed a bit light on content but went very big on item choices! I think I can say that this may be the first Funko sub box I have purchased and loved every single item! It really seems like they listened to fans on this one and I could not be happier.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Battastic wrote:Just saw an unboxing.
This box seemed a bit light on content but went very big on item choices! I think I can say that this may be the first Funko sub box I have purchased and loved every single item! It really seems like they listened to fans on this one and I could not be happier.

They definitely went light on content, especially with the raised price, but everything in the box was perfect!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:39 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:They definitely went light on content, especially with the raised price, but everything in the box was perfect!

Exactly!
It's hard to be upset with the light content when I love every piece. Not saying I would not want more but I definitely love what's in this box.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Saw a spoiler picture and I'm super excited to receive mine! 2/2 so far on this Funko!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

bb_206

Postby bb_206 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:47 pm

I liked everything that was included in the Festival of Friends.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Wow that's an awesome box!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm probably most excited for the 3rd item , I dressed up as him last year at MNSSHP.

Luciendar

Postby Luciendar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:08 pm

I just watched the unboxing. I couldn't wait what most likely will be mid this month to see what else was in it and that 3rd item... so excited to get my box.
-Luciendar

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:09 pm

I absolutely LOVE this box! I am so glad that *blank* was finally made!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Battastic wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:They definitely went light on content, especially with the raised price, but everything in the box was perfect!

Exactly!
It's hard to be upset with the light content when I love every piece. Not saying I would not want more but I definitely love what's in this box.

Serious question - why do you guys say it's light on content? Disney exclusive Pops have always been $20 so that right there already puts the box at $40.

odnar

Postby odnar » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Love this box and I don't think it was light at all.

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:19 pm

How is it light on content? It's pretty much the same amount of items as last time. The subscription is $28. Pop ($12) + Pop ($12) + Vinyl in a tin ($14) + Enamel Pin ($5) + Patch ($3) = $46. And these are conservative evaluations that don't include the shipping box, shipping or handling. Seems like it's still a good deal to me?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:22 pm

OMG! I want that box...

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:26 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Exactly!

Serious question - why do you guys say it's light on content? Disney exclusive Pops have always been $20 so that right there already puts the box at $40.

I wasn't really referring to the price but the amount of content. The box is light on content compared to other boxes.
Other boxes can have 2 pops, a mini, a shirt, a comic, a patch, and a pin for $25. The Disney box is more expensive and with less items.
The difference so far is that every item in the recent Disney box is spot on where the other boxes may have one or two items you like while the rest is something to give away.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Battastic wrote:I wasn't really referring to the price but the amount of content. The box is light on content compared to other boxes.
Other boxes can have 2 pops, a mini, a shirt, a comic, a patch, and a pin for $25. The Disney box is more expensive and with less items.
The difference so far is that every item in the recent Disney box is spot on where the other boxes may have one or two items you like while the rest is something to give away.

Ahh gotcha, I was thinking more along the price than the number of items. My bad I misunderstood!

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Exactly!

I don't get it either. It's basically the same content count as the first box and I didn't read any complaints about that one being light!

Box 1- Pop, Dorbz Ridez, mystery mini, patch, pin
Box 2- Pop, oversized Pop, mystery mini, patch, pin
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:32 pm

treswright wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
Battastic wrote:Exactly!

I don't get it either. It's basically the same content count as the first box and I didn't read any complaints about that one being light!

For me, this is my first Disney box so all I have to compare it to are other Funko sub boxes. At a higher price point with less items I saw it as light.
Again, the biggest difference for me is that I love every piece in this box where as other boxes I only really like one or two and give the rest away.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Loved every thing about this box, even the mystery mini annnnnd dont tell Yoko but I dont like toy story (except for Zurg)

I didn't think I would like a Pluto pop but this is just adorable, love the lil detail in the ear.

I predict for the next box its a small world minis, with a few different variants..... maybe even a chase? I think that would be cute to do with the ride tin
- tauntaunking on instagram

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Battastic wrote:The box is light on content compared to other boxes.

Oh I thought you meant compared to the first box. Well if you're comparing it to something like LoC, then yeah, the item count is lower. But I am not complaining, I could care less about salt & pepper shakers, comics, Reaction figures, keychains & mugs lol To me a lot of that stuff is just box filler to excuse the fact that the main course is so wimpy. I'll take a few high quality items over a plethora of filler any day :-) And it sounds like you're saying the same thing, so I agree :-D

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:38 pm

treswright wrote:
Battastic wrote:The box is light on content compared to other boxes.

Oh I thought you meant compared to the first box. Well if you're comparing it to something like LoC, then yeah, the item count is lower. But I am not complaining, I could care less about salt & pepper shakers, comics, Reaction figures, keychains & mugs lol To me a lot of that stuff is just box filler to excuse the fact that the main course is so wimpy. I'll take a few high quality items over a plethora of filler any day :-) And it sounds like you're saying the same thing, so I agree :-D

Agreed. Maybe the actual number of items are less, but they are more quality. I would take quality over quantity especially since I have limited space :D
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Light or not, they are killing it with this box. The items are just so awesome! I don't think I will ever say I feel its light. I actually think its a steal!
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:49 pm

treswright wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
Battastic wrote:Exactly!

Don't forget the sticker! :P
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm really crossing my fingers for some Tiki Room stuff for August. Maybe even Iago, since they stuck him in there.
Last edited by HappinessGuano on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too soon?

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:50 pm

I am on the same page as everyone else....even if I cannot seem to express it correctly lol
Less content but better content. No need for the filler if the main subject is perfectly executed.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm

The pin although small would most likely retail for 7 or 8 bucks in the park's seeing as how it's an official tradable Disney pin. I think funko has killed it with these first 2 boxes.

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Awesome box! Couldn't be happier!
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:31 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
treswright wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Don't forget the sticker! :P

Oops! lol

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:39 pm

I feel they blow it out of the park with each box! In each box, there has been amazing stuff .. dorbz, minis, pops .. while in other boxes they have been just a few not so cool things. For me, i didn't like the SW wearable because i don't think i will ever use it, but you never know! This box though, everything is my favorite and everything is amazing. I would rather have 2 -3 things of items I love rather than 4-5 items I will never use. Have you guys ever heard of Lootcrate? That's $20, and for me, it's a bunch of cool stuff but i'll probably never use it. LOL. These boxes are much better than that.

That's hardly the case with Funko subscription boxes. Its only one item ever that I might not like. All of them are really great, but the Disney one is my favorite hands down. I'm already ready to see the next box, but we won't see it until AFTER comic-con!

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:40 pm

I wish MCC would adopt the use of tins for MM's in future boxes, I friggin' LOVE them!

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:44 pm

This box is so awesome! Definitely glad I ordered it!
My Name is Ernie

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:34 pm

HappinessGuano wrote:I'll be honest, I don't even remember signing up for a shirt size for either of these boxes. Was that an option? I know Funko stated that there pretty much won't (in most cases) be one, but I don't remember that option being asked.

I think you may be right. Bummer. I'm sure licensing for Disney Apparel is pretty difficult. Would definitely love more POP Disney Tees though.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:35 pm

I kinda regret not ordering. The pops make the box worth it in my eyes.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:54 pm

zaghawk wrote:

I think you may be right. Bummer. I'm sure licensing for Disney Apparel is pretty difficult. Would definitely love more POP Disney Tees though.

When I signed up for the year long subscription, I remember that they did ask for a shirt size. I recall this because I didn't want a shirt and my mom and sister were making a big fuss about how I have to change the shirt size every other box so they can have an equal share of the shirts. :rolleyes: lol

JEP

Postby JEP » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Watched the unboxing video. Very happy with every item! Especially the items we didn't know about.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm happy about no shirts so far. I have so many shirts from the other boxes that I prefer getting another collectible over a shirt.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:25 pm

This is an AWESOME box. So excited for everything in it. Cannot wait for more minis!

Return to “Powered by Funko”