MCC June - Spiderman Homecoming

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Tony Stark

Re: MCC June - Spiderman Homecoming

Postby Tony Stark » Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Not going to lie, after the last box and this reveal I'm highly disappointed and regretting renewing my Founders subscription. I wish we could have boxes like the Avengers and Secret Wars again....man, the good old days
#TeamStark

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 16, 2017 4:35 pm

kihou wrote:I was hoping for some variation since they just had a Spiderman specific box a couple times ago. Maybe the secondary items will be good.

I was really disappointed with the reveal of Smee for the Disney sub, but blown out of the water when I saw the Ridez later. So yeah, sometimes the "secondary" item is the really cool one!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue May 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Tony Stark wrote:Not going to lie, after the last box and this reveal I'm highly disappointed and regretting renewing my Founders subscription. I wish we could have boxes like the Avengers and Secret Wars again....man, the good old days
Those two were really good. And let's see what else this box will have. I wouldn't give up hope quite yet.
:freddy1:

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:19 pm

treswright wrote:
kihou wrote:I was hoping for some variation since they just had a Spiderman specific box a couple times ago. Maybe the secondary items will be good.

I was really disappointed with the reveal of Smee for the Disney sub, but blown out of the water when I saw the Ridez later. So yeah, sometimes the "secondary" item is the really cool one!

Same thing with GOTG Vol 2 box. I thought that POP was good, but not great. Then I saw the Dorbz Ridez and was blown away!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

NargilFenris

Postby NargilFenris » Tue May 16, 2017 7:19 pm

felixfelicis wrote:With that Pop reveal, we had to order the Spidey box. Sounds like a lot of folks are dissapointed, personally we love it.

As she said, I am super excited for this Pop. Actually this new Spiderman in general has me excited. After Spiderman 3 I couldn't even bring myself to watch the rebooted Amazing Spidermans.

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Tony Stark wrote:Not going to lie, after the last box and this reveal I'm highly disappointed and regretting renewing my Founders subscription. I wish we could have boxes like the Avengers and Secret Wars again....man, the good old days

They did kind of make it hard for themselves. The Avengers box was great and in my opinion nothing really has come close until the daredevil-bullseye 2 pack. Don't get me wrong, I've liked almost every box, but they mostly have been missing that wow factor of the first box and often feel like a missed opportunity.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
treswright wrote:

Same thing with GOTG Vol 2 box. I thought that POP was good, but not great. Then I saw the Dorbz Ridez and was blown away!
Oh yeah! That Dorbz Ridez is really good--I was too!

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Wed May 17, 2017 12:37 am

I'm satisfied with webwing Spider-Man...with all these Marvel movies coming out this year I will have plenty of Marvel/funko tees for the movie premier nights at my local theatre

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Tony Stark

Postby Tony Stark » Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
Those two were really good. And let's see what else this box will have. I wouldn't give up hope quite yet.

I'm trying very hard not to give up hope yet. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with the other contents... We will see
#TeamStark

Tony Stark

Postby Tony Stark » Thu May 18, 2017 3:25 pm

The Head wrote:

They did kind of make it hard for themselves. The Avengers box was great and in my opinion nothing really has come close until the daredevil-bullseye 2 pack. Don't get me wrong, I've liked almost every box, but they mostly have been missing that wow factor of the first box and often feel like a missed opportunity.

The Avengers box was the best one IMO followed closely by Secret Wars. And I totally agree that there have been A LOT of missed opportunities for some really cool stuff that could have been done.
#TeamStark

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:34 pm

What occurred to me is that taken out of context, the POP is pretty cool. It is a cool mold that features something from the new movie that still pays homage to a classic Spider-Man aspect that a lot of more hardcore fans will appreciate. Taken in the context of the fact that it is simply the regular release with new arms and the wings, it is disappointing.
Image Image Image Image

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Something different like Glow In The Dark would be really cool.
:king: Mike

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:53 am

Hikari does sound neat

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 am

I'm getting a bit anxious for this box to come out already. More Spider-Man in my life!!!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 am

I can feel it - there's going to be something else in the box that'll blow us away! 3 weeks before we find out!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Really hoping that the other item not revealed yet is going to be amazing.

I'm really curious what the cost of the Avengers box was as that's usually the benchmark everyone compares each box to
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Tue May 23, 2017 6:44 pm

I hope they don't put a hat or shakers or a mug. Since the first Spidey box had a hat this one needs a shirt. I also would love a Comic book with and awesome Pop Cover.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue May 23, 2017 6:54 pm

EctoSpider wrote:I hope they don't put a hat or shakers or a mug. Since the first Spidey box had a hat this one needs a shirt. I also would love a Comic book with and awesome Pop Cover.
Indeed. The hat was nice, but we need a shirt now.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:55 pm

daOCHO wrote:I'm satisfied with webwing Spider-Man...with all these Marvel movies coming out this year I will have plenty of Marvel/funko tees for the movie premier nights at my local theatre

EctoSpider wrote:I hope they don't put a hat or shakers or a mug. Since the first Spidey box had a hat this one needs a shirt. I also would love a Comic book with and awesome Pop Cover.

But we already got a Spider-man shirt in the showdown box. And unfortunately they aren't going to provide another hat after the previous Spider-man box. Maybe a 2nd pop and to fulfill the clothing requirement Spider-man-esqe lens 3d glasses (as that is technically considered apparel)

NargilFenris wrote:
felixfelicis wrote:With that Pop reveal, we had to order the Spidey box. Sounds like a lot of folks are dissapointed, personally we love it.

As she said, I am super excited for this Pop. Actually this new Spiderman in general has me excited. After Spiderman 3 I couldn't even bring myself to watch the rebooted Amazing Spidermans.

No matter how much the movies can hurt me (like Spider-man 2 did for me), Its great seeing Spidey on screen.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 am

Hoping for 2 pops, 2 minis, we probably aren't getting a shirt.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:33 am

is shocker supposed to be in this movie?

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:15 am

cerealkiller wrote:is shocker supposed to be in this movie?

Yes, as a secondary villain to Vulture.

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:28 am

FredKruger wrote:Hoping for 2 pops, 2 minis, we probably aren't getting a shirt.

I wouldn't mind not getting a shirt if it means more vinyl, just don't give me wristbands. lol I'm hoping for some Dorbz though; Peter, Iron Man, and Vulture haven't gotten releases yet.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Treblemdk wrote:Hikari does sound neat

I'd be on board for a Spidey Hikari Mini and I would go bonkers for an Iron Man Hikari Mini.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:44 pm

I remember when the Spider-Man box came out last year, and everyone was super bummed out that it was nothing BUT Spider-Man. I completely understand that frustration (we could've - and probably should've - gotten a classic member of his rogue's gallery or of his supporting cast), but I loved the box. I'm a diehard Spidey fan, I signed up for a Spidey box, and got a bunch of Spidey stuff. Nuff said, True Believers!

I'm going into this box with a similar mentality: I love Spider-Man, so give me Spider-Man stuff. The web-wing Pop is very similar to the previous variants, but it's still another Spidey Pop lol

One thing I don't want in this box? Iron Man. I'm already nervous at how much Tony Stark and his armor are in the trailers and the posters for a Spider-Man movie, and considering he consisted of more than half of the items in the Civil War box, I really don't want Funko to saddle me with even more of him. And that's coming from someone who LOVES Iron Man.

I think what we all want is something/someone new. Shocker is supposed to be a secondary villain in the movie. Give us something to do with him! Honestly, I would take an Aunt May Pop haha. Or even a wingless, unmasked Vulture, just wearing his awesome green bomber jacket. There are even the robbers in the trailer who are each wearing Avengers masks. How fun would it be if there were four different variants evenly distributed throughout the boxes? Infuriating for some? Probably haha but it would bring the feeling of hunting, trading, and collecting back to the boxes.

I'm excited, just...if the second Pop is just an Iron Man, I'll probably straight up give it away on here ha.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 am

RoboFist wrote:There are even the robbers in the trailer who are each wearing Avengers masks. How fun would it be if there were four different variants evenly distributed throughout the boxes? Infuriating for some? Probably haha but it would bring the feeling of hunting, trading, and collecting back to the boxes.

I love this idea, but would hate having to track down them all. lol How about an SDCC exclusive 4-pack!!

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:10 pm

RoboFist wrote: Honestly, I would take an Aunt May Pop haha.

I would love a Aunt May Pop. I don't know how much of the general public would buy her so putting her in the box would be a cool idea. If not her then Shocker would be a nice add and maybe a Vulture Dorbz. I'm excited for this move so this box better be great.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 pm

Box closes tomorrow, I can't wait to get mine!
Image Image Image Image

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 am

Maybe we'll get Vulture unmasked.

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:20 am

I honestly hope that they cool off the Spiderman Pops for these boxes for awhile. I would be okay with secondary characters, or having a "Spiderverse" box with some of the other Spiderman characters, but having two boxes that are Spiderman themed within a year when these boxes are only every other month to begin with just seems overwhelming. I get he's popular and that there are collectors, and that's cool, but he already has an entirely new line coming out for the movie as well. Spread some love for the characters who don't have a movie coming out :)

That said, I really hope the Pop inside is whoever the character Zendaya ends up being. Or as other people have said, Aunt May.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am

Come on spoilers!!!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Spoilers are out and I can't say I'm super impressed.
Spoiler: show
T-shirt is super cool but was really hoping there would be a second Pop or Dorbz after the less than stellar Pop that was revealed.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:15 pm

The shirt is somewhat (or really) the same with this - http://www.hottopic.com/product/marvel- ... 14256.html
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Yeah I'm happy I passed on this one, especially since I'm not a huge spiderman fan to begin. l do like the shirt though.

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:17 pm

funkystark wrote:Yeah I'm happy I passed on this one, especially since I'm not a huge spiderman fan to begin. l do like the shirt though.

here! http://www.hottopic.com/product/marvel- ... 14256.html
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Very disappointing. Looks like what I've come to expect from an LoC box, it's a shame to see MCC headed that direction.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

froyomorada wrote:
funkystark wrote:Yeah I'm happy I passed on this one, especially since I'm not a huge spiderman fan to begin. l do like the shirt though.

here! http://www.hottopic.com/product/marvel- ... 14256.html

Damn, that is the same exact shirt! Wow, this box is a bit of a dud. I was really hoping for an Iron Man Dorbz...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 pm

treswright wrote:Very disappointing. Looks like what I've come to expect from an LoC box, it's a shame to see MCC headed that direction.

My sentiments exactly.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Hmm shirt is cool but not impressed with the rest of the contents. I mean I like the pop but I'm not going to spend $30+ to get the box for it.
Higher, Further, Faster

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:23 pm

My sympathies to all who bought this box.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Return to “Powered by Funko”