MCC June - Spiderman Homecoming

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
POPHawk

Re: MCC June - Spiderman Homecoming

Postby POPHawk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Is there some kind of rule about posting the contents of the box in spoilers? Or at least a link to see it. Seems like that would be helpful to people who come here to see news about the box

Link for those who need it
Spoiler: show
http://www.anenglishmaninsandiego.com/newsfromtheverse/review-funko-marvel-collector-corps-spider-man-homecoming-june-2017
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:07 pm

POPHawk wrote:Is there some kind of rule about posting the contents of the box in spoilers? Or at least a link to see it. Seems like that would be helpful to people who come here to see news about the box

Link for those who need it
http://www.anenglishmaninsandiego.com/newsfromtheverse/review-funko-marvel-collector-corps-spider-man-homecoming-june-2017

that Spidey booty lol

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 pm

cerealkiller wrote:
that Spidey booty lol

Is it worth it, let me work it lol
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:16 pm

POPHawk wrote:
cerealkiller wrote:
that Spidey booty lol

Is it worth it, let me work it lol

i don't know if i'm disturbed, or in love with the silliness of it hahahaa

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:52 pm

hahaha, should have called it Twerking instead Squatting.

The POP looks cool, the shirt is definitely the low of this box. Has nothing to distinctly show that the shirt has anything to do with Funko, and they wasted their first non grey/black shirt on it.

Only good news is that there's more hope they will put out more colourful shirts!
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:17 pm

cerealkiller wrote:i don't know if i'm disturbed, or in love with the silliness of it hahahaa

Both? Both lol

Odd thing is now I want it, so I can put it in a twerking pose and constantly be amused by its silliness :roflmao:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd have to say the box was pretty mediocre. Unless they saved stuff for D23, I'd be disappointed if I ordered it. Another MCC box I'm glad I passed over. First Appearance Avengers is looking more my style.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't mind this box? Sure it's not on the level of Avengers, Secret Wars or Superhero Showdowns, but this is far from the worst we've seen. I really love the mini's and I definitely want to track the other 2 down and I don't mind the POP. I will say that I am not impressed or happy with the shirt. I saw a very similar one at Hot Topic today and I actually attend a tech school and so it would be weird to wear a STEM school shirt because I know that people will ask me if it's school spirit wear.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:07 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't mind this box? Sure it's not on the level of Avengers, Secret Wars or Superhero Showdowns, but this is far from the worst we've seen. I really love the mini's and I definitely want to track the other 2 down and I don't mind the POP. I will say that I am not impressed or happy with the shirt. I saw a very similar one at Hot Topic today and I actually attend a tech school and so it would be weird to wear a STEM school shirt because I know that people will ask me if it's school spirit wear.

If you go to the IG post, all of the comments are complaints. Apparently hot topic has the same shirt, like you said. I love the box! I would have never bought the t-shirt from Hot Topic. And the shirt at Hot Topic is $20. For $25 dollars, you get so much more!!!

Why are you complaining, if you haven't even seen the movie!!! What can you complain about?? I don't get it sometimes.

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:22 pm

angeladominguez wrote:Why are you complaining, if you haven't even seen the movie!!! What can you complain about?? I don't get it sometimes.

Can complain about the box contents, sometimes they aren't great, especially the MCC boxes. The value is there, of course it is but people aren't always happy with the contents, it's bound to happen and they have a right to complain

I don't think it has anything to do with the movie, I just think people wanted or expected more from this box

I'm happy with it and I'm sure I'll be even happier when I get it, see the movie(of which I've already booked my tickets :cheers: Probably my last MCU flick) and I think it's good value, if not just for the POP and the shirt :)
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:28 pm

I guess those ornaments help put everything in perspective.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm

POPHawk wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:Why are you complaining, if you haven't even seen the movie!!! What can you complain about?? I don't get it sometimes.

Can complain about the box contents, sometimes they aren't great, especially the MCC boxes. The value is there, of course it is but people aren't always happy with the contents, it's bound to happen and they have a right to complain

I don't think it has anything to do with the movie, I just think people wanted or expected more from this box

I'm happy with it and I'm sure I'll be even happier when I get it, see the movie(of which I've already booked my tickets :cheers: Probably my last MCU flick) and I think it's good value, if not just for the POP and the shirt :)

I suppose you can't make everyone happy, but its been happening every box/sdcc wave release.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Love the minis, will definitely be trying to pick those up.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:10 pm

jkcohen626 wrote: I will say that I am not impressed or happy with the shirt. I saw a very similar one at Hot Topic today and I actually attend a tech school and so it would be weird to wear a STEM school shirt because I know that people will ask me if it's school spirit wear.

http://www.hottopic.com/product/marvel- ... 2B&start=5

It is a virtually identical shirt, only difference is the color. It was mediocre before, now it's "worst box since the ornaments and scarf box".
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Love the shirt and minis, minus came out Fantastic!

Is similar shirt being at HT that big of a deal? i haven't bought almost any tees since these boxes, glad I don't have to pay 20 bucks just for the tee from HT.

Is the pop some ultra cool new mold? No, but it's still pretty dang cool.

We got a spider man homecoming box and I think it's pretty awesome.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 pm

Not the greatest box ever, but far from disappointing for me. I can't wait to get mine!

While I love Pop tees, I love the shirt in this box just as I loved the X-Men tee (even though the sizing was off :/ )... I don't really care if it's not exactly 100% exclusive, it's still a nice shirt.

The Pop may be similar to the common, but it's still way better imo (I HATE that the common release has "thwip" hands)

My only real gripe with the box is that I may have to hunt down a mini or two depending on which I get.

Hopefully Homecoming will get more Pops/Dorbz released, because I really do want a Shocker Pop, a Vulture Dorbz, Peter/Spidey in his yellow blazer, and whatever other cool characters and designs they can think of.
Last edited by Boba_Fetish on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Princess

Postby Princess » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:51 pm

I don't mind about the shirt since we don't have HT here, but I see why people are upset. If you are sold a product and are told that "every item is unique to our boxes and available only with your subscription".....then that is what you expect to happen, regardless of how much people are paying for just the shirt elsewhere.
signature created by bathtub-tigers

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:50 am

I really like the box a lot. I'm definitely biased though, huge spidey guy. wouldn't have minded a shocker pop though.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

gogman

Postby gogman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:53 pm

I think this box is great. It's brilliant to have mystery minis again in a box - I subscribe hoping for minis.

TjSosaR13

Postby TjSosaR13 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:04 pm

The Box Is Not A Hit Nor A Miss for Me. If I knew what it had I would Have Skipped It Tho.
ImageImage

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Very underwhelming box. Not the worst, but closer to the worst than to the best. I ended up skipping it because of the Pop. One of my least favorite Spidey designs. The worst part of the box is of course the shirt, like many others are saying. Funko unfortunately screwed up a bit with that. If you're saying the items are all unique to your box, you shouldn't be putting a shirt in there that's nearly identical to one widely available in stores. The comic is kinda neat, at least.

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:50 pm

I am ok with the box but it is disappointing. The value is there no doubt. After seeing that mini I wish that was the pop we got in the box. Hopefully this box will grow on me after watching the movie.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:29 pm

I like the shirt a lot. What's the big problem with it?? Is it just because it's similar to another shirt? I get that I guess, but I had no clue so I really like it.

The pop is cool, but they could have done better. I'm a big spidey guy though so it's not hard to please me there. I'm not a huge mini guy. It really depends on the series. These are pretty cool, but I would have probably preferred another pop or maybe even dorbz instead.

Overall, pretty good box. As is often the case, I feel like it could have been better, but without seeing the movie, it's hard to say exactly how.

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:48 pm

I'm kinda excited for this box. Kinda not. Compared to the other boxes it's not as good.
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

bwridge

Postby bwridge » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Pretty lame box. Glad I skipped it. Looking forward to the next one, though.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 pm

This is our first MCC box - is it typical for it to take awhile? It got to the DHL to USPS transfer point Saturday morning and has not moved since, and the USPS tracking says its still awaiting to receive the package. Thank you.

jjwspider

Postby jjwspider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Just received my box today. Happy overall with the box, but feel like they still haven't gotten a Spider-Man box completely "right" yet.

One that note though

It looks like I'm going to need to track down the Homemade Suit mini. Don't suppose anyone would be up for a trade for the Vulture mini?

tjtich

Postby tjtich » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 am

Here's my thoughts:
They pretty much took the spider-man common #220 and put some little web wings on him and an MCC sticker. I think the coolest thing in the box is the Vulture Mini.
It's not about the value, the box is easily worth over $25. People subscribe to Funko Subscription Boxes for creativity, exclusivity, and Pops. This is a generalization but for the most part it's true. I don't think this pop was very creative, I can think of many more creative ideas and I'm not even a very creative person. Funko could put an amazing Pop in the box and everything else could be mediocre, but the majority would be happy because the majority are looking for an awesome pop. C'mon there's only 6 boxes a year.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 am

Was equally surprised this box didn't have a second pop, thought they for sure would have thrown in a second one after such an early reveal of the pop on their website
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Got mine!!!! Despite issues revolving around the shirt I like it, I really do love the pop and the minis look good! Need the two I didn't get though...lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

NargilFenris

Postby NargilFenris » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Finally got my box today. I am very happy with the pop. The minis are neat but not something I plan to keep. Shirt was cool until I saw the whole HT thing, but still going to rock it during the movie. Really like the pin since its got the throwback look to it. The patch is nice but I don't collect those so it will go. Can't wait to read the comic since I just finished going through Spider-Verse this morning. All in all I am happy with my box, well worth it just for the pop.

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 pm

I likes the shirt and the pop was ok.
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Time to cancel my subscription. I will just buy future exclusives at Hot Topic and save on shipping.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I wasn't really too impressed when the spoiler video went out but now that I've got my box in hand it's grown on me. The Pop is actually pretty neat when you see it in person and I was fortunate enough to get the two minis I wanted the most. Really didn't want the Shocker mini mainly because I think he's kinda boring compared to the complexity of Vulture's suit. Still really love the shirt too! Definitely will be wearing that opening night.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

hawklovespurple

Postby hawklovespurple » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:14 pm

I have to be honest and say that the shirt is probably my favorite piece in the box--I was so excited to see it. I wore it today and got a ton of compliments on it (just based on design). It's definitely up there in my top shirts from the subscription boxes. :D I'm not a huge spider-man fan, but the overall design on the pop is so great!
The eyes and the web wings are fantastic. If you're an out of boxer like me, you should totally check out and feel the back of the wings.
May not be my top box, but I'm glad I ordered. Now to speculate on the upcoming box...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Katie here.
ISO: Winter Soldier Masked Pop

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:Not the greatest box ever, but far from disappointing for me. I can't wait to get mine!

While I love Pop tees, I love the shirt in this box just as I loved the X-Men tee (even though the sizing was off :/ )... I don't really care if it's not exactly 100% exclusive, it's still a nice shirt.

Hopefully Homecoming will get more Pops/Dorbz released, because I really do want a Shocker Pop, a Vulture Dorbz, Peter/Spidey in his yellow blazer, and whatever other cool characters and designs they can think of.

Couldn't agree more. I really like the shirts when they include them so that's pretty cool and while its not the best box and a lot of people will disagree, I do think its pretty cool. Also if you ask me this has one of the best Homecoming POPs

I will however stand by my opinion that the MCC boxes need to step it up. For me the Smugglers box is the only one delivering the goods atm

+1 for Shocker and Spidey Yellow Blazer POP :D
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

doao

Postby doao » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 pm

This is the first box I sold.

Was a huge disappointment in my opinion.

Like it was said before, There's been a total of 13 boxes and we've already had 3 Spiderman Pops. That's a bit excessive. I'm also biased since I love the movies but don't care to purchase the movie merchandise. I'd rather a generic Spiderman box where we can get a Mysterio or classic Vulture Pop rather than the cross promotion shoved down out throats. That worries me since Marvel will be releasing 3 movies a year now and I don't want 3 MCU boxes a year. For that reason alone I may not subscribe next year but I'll see how things go. I wish more boxes were like next month's.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:14 pm

This wasn't my favorite box, but I know that Funko cannot please everyone's all of the time.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Menicus

Postby Menicus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 am

Just my 2 cents... the best part of this box was the Pop... but I already have a Spider-Man Pop and this one just wasn't better than the one we got last time. The mini's are ok. Wish I'd gotten Vulture, but Shocker isn't terrible. Didn't like either of the Spider-Man minis and I got the homemade one which I liked even less. The shirt was terrible. I could pick it up at Hot Topic (yeah, I know the color is different, but still). All in all, this box wasn't worth what I spent on it. Gave the Pop to my daughter. Got a shirt I didn't really want. $25 for a couple of minis that I'm not a fan of, but who are currently hanging out with my other MCC minis :P I just feel like they could have given us a better shirt or tossed SOMETHING else in. Even a lanyard would have made me feel better about this box.
Edward

Instagram: @capmin

Return to “Powered by Funko”