LOC: July's Batman The Animated Series

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
bb_206

Re: LOC: July's Batman The Animated Series

Postby bb_206 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:54 pm

The spoiler is great. Anything else is gravy for me.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:46 am

That spoiler tho, will definitely be ordering now
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:15 am

Mr Yac wrote:that Neck just looks so odd, but all in all I certainly won't complain about the choice.

It does, makes it look like a bobblehead. Maybe they had to do that to get the helmet to fit right or something. Cool Pop though!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

hmuriel212

Postby hmuriel212 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

I thought i was the only one that felt weird about the neck. Perhaps its just the angle in which the picture was taken.

Mr Yac wrote:that Neck just looks so odd, but all in all I certainly won't complain about the choice.
ISO:

Stupor Daffy #255
Green Arrow #15
Raven (White) #108

http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/hmuriel212/5JXRPYF0ENUZ2464/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:13 pm

treswright wrote:It does, makes it look like a bobblehead. Maybe they had to do that to get the helmet to fit right or something. Cool Pop though!

I too thought it was Bobble-like. I guess if need be he can hang out with the Marvel Pops to make him feel less self conscious.

hmuriel212 wrote:I thought i was the only one that felt weird about the neck. Perhaps its just the angle in which the picture was taken.

could be a really low shot that makes it look even longer than it should.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
treswright wrote:It does, makes it look like a bobblehead. Maybe they had to do that to get the helmet to fit right or something. Cool Pop though!

I too thought it was Bobble-like. I guess if need be he can hang out with the Marvel Pops to make him feel less self conscious.

hmuriel212 wrote:I thought i was the only one that felt weird about the neck. Perhaps its just the angle in which the picture was taken.

could be a really low shot that makes it look even longer than it should.

the old mars attacks ones has basically no neck, which looked very strange... so maybe the overcompensated on the it:) regardless it looks awesome and a long awaited edition to my Rogue's Gallery
Last edited by cerealkiller on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 pm

This is too cool!!!! I am so glad they made the right call on this one! Between this and all the awesome villains in wave 2....my DC collection might be expanding for the first time in a long time.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Manbat is sdcc exclusive.

T-Diamond Stylus

Postby T-Diamond Stylus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Hmmm it says "one of the figures included in the BTAS box." I see they left that ambiguous on if that's another Pop or a dorbz, rock candy figure, etc. Either way with this and the SDCC Man Bat announced, I'll have to be on the hunt for the rest of the BTAS Pops as I wasn't ready to buy them if we were only going to get a single wave. Now that I know Funko is committed to this line I'm going whole hog.
Image Image Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Saucepan wrote:Manbat is sdcc exclusive.

seeing that he is already made really kind of gets me mad he isn't in this box. yes the one we're getting is cool, but Man-Bat was my most wanted after Clayface so I sure hope he's a shared exclusive.

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:53 pm

If there are 2 pops my guess is the 2nd will be either Two Face or Penguin. I highly doubt there will be 2 pops since the last box had 2. I hope I'm wrong.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:47 am

That Man- Bat exclusive is so awesome! My comment about expanding my collection with all these great villains is even more true now.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:34 am

Just got the "we are preparing your box" email and still way too long to wait lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:52 pm

oh man tempted to order ive stayed away from sub boxes for a couple of months especialyy with SDCC around the corner but the pop that was spoiled is pretty cool looking

post31

Postby post31 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:06 pm

You do love us hahaha
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am

Saucepan wrote:If there are 2 pops my guess is the 2nd will be either Two Face or Penguin. I highly doubt there will be 2 pops since the last box had 2. I hope I'm wrong.

Praying for a Rock Candy! Like a Poison Ivy from the animated show to go with the Harley Quinn :D Or a Catwoman (even though she's already been done for last year's SDCC).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 am

After looking at the spoiler, going to need to order another one, because that baby is coming out of the box!
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Dumplingbox

Postby Dumplingbox » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:14 pm

This is going to be my first Funko Box. My willpower to keep my wallet closed until SDCC is not strong enough after seeing the leak!
"Ain't no thing like me, except me!" - Rocket

osakahedgehog3

Postby osakahedgehog3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am

Restarted my LOC subscription after seeing the Mr. Freeze Pop!. Really interested to see what the apparel will be for this box.
Funko Collection

All-Time Favorite Pop! Vinyl: WWE CM Punk - Hot Topic Edition
Favorite Most Recently Bought Pop! Vinyl: Aggretsuko 10" inch
Most Wanted Pop! Vinyl: Mono Conan O'Brien

All-Time Favorite Dorbz: Thanos XL
Favorite Most Recently Bought Dorbz: Iron Fist
Most Wanted Dorbz: Bullseye Batman

DaddyPig74

Postby DaddyPig74 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 am

I cannot wait for everyone to see what is in this box! If you are a true BTAS fan you will not be disappointed I promise you that.

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:47 am

I'm holding hope that we get 2 pops in this box and the other is two face. We have to dorbz and could use the pop
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:25 pm

DaddyPig74 wrote:I cannot wait for everyone to see what is in this box! If you are a true BTAS fan you will not be disappointed I promise you that.

they already delivered with the first spoiler! anything else is just icing on top

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:35 pm

DaddyPig74 wrote:I cannot wait for everyone to see what is in this box! If you are a true BTAS fan you will not be disappointed I promise you that.

The regret of not ordering this box is truly sinking in now....doubt I'll be able to in time.

DaddyPig74

Postby DaddyPig74 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 am

cerealkiller wrote:

they already delivered with the first spoiler! anything else is just icing on top

That is the kind of positivity I like to hear!!!

D168

Postby D168 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm going to love everything about this box

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 pm

still fingers crossed that this box will contain 0 Harley Quin junk.

Funko-Crazed

Postby Funko-Crazed » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm hoping for Mad Hatter, Penguin, Nurse Harley Quinn (Mad Love), Dr. Quinzel, Riddler, Ventriloquist and Scarface or a Christmas Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn (from the episode where they use Bruce Wayne to buy them stuff) for the pop.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Love the spoiled Pop!, but I think he would have done just fine at retail. I was kind of hoping for something more obscure for the box, like a Talia and Ra's two-pack. Either way, I love how they call the Pop "one of the figures." Here's hoping for two Pops in this box, or at the very least, a Dorbz figure. Wouldn't a Penguin go nicely with this set...

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Dusty45s wrote:I know that the box spoilers are always Pop figures & I seem to be the only one who thinks this, but the figure they've revealed looks a lot like a Mystery Mini to me. Am I completely crazy or does anyone else see it?

They call it a Pop in the description. Doesn't look like Mystery Mini to me, either way. Not the right style for that...

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Rex Mason wrote:Love the spoiled Pop!, but I think he would have done just fine at retail..

this right here is what I've been complaining about with these Sub boxes from the beginning. they are wasting their potential to deliver niche characters by filling them with figures that would have no problems standing on their own. I still wish the SDCC Man-Bat was in this box and the one we're getting would just get his release in series 3 of this line.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 pm

However, if the boxes only had niche characters, after awhile the casual collectors would stop buying these almost guaranteed. Personally, I would rather have Phantasm in the box, robot Batman as the SDCC exclusive and Man-Bat and the spoiled Pop in-store. But, I totally see the logic in what they've done.

On a side note, I kept telling myself that i could resist this box, but finally decided I'd be kicking myself later and turned my sub back on last night. I figured these wouldn't sell out and I could take my time deciding, however I hadn't factored in that some shirt sizes might sellout (as they did). :(
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:34 am

groundhog7s wrote:However, if the boxes only had niche characters, after awhile the casual collectors would stop buying these almost guaranteed.

at $30+ a box I really don't think too many "casual collectors" buy these with too much frequency.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:Love the spoiled Pop!, but I think he would have done just fine at retail..

this right here is what I've been complaining about with these Sub boxes from the beginning. they are wasting their potential to deliver niche characters by filling them with figures that would have no problems standing on their own. I still wish the SDCC Man-Bat was in this box and the one we're getting would just get his release in series 3 of this line.

It seems like they've catered the Specialty Series to niche characters now and the sub boxes to whatever. (Although I'm not sure how "niche" Emma Frost and Iceman are)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:18 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:It seems like they've catered the Specialty Series to niche characters now and the sub boxes to whatever. (Although I'm not sure how "niche" Emma Frost and Iceman are)

in theory sure, but there's still way to many Batman figures in the Specialty line lol and yes Emma and Ice Man are certainly popular enough to not have wasted slots on them either.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:It seems like they've catered the Specialty Series to niche characters now and the sub boxes to whatever. (Although I'm not sure how "niche" Emma Frost and Iceman are)

in theory sure, but there's still way to many Batman figures in the Specialty line lol and yes Emma and Ice Man are certainly popular enough to not have wasted slots on them either.

One can never have too many Batman figures.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Rex Mason wrote:

I fully disagree. I get 372 results for "Batman" from Pop tracker, and granted a few of those are extended Bat-Family under the Bat title but even still it's pretty disgusting. there are still tons of legitimate A-list characters that have yet to be touched yet alone the amazing B tier and below folks, the world has too damn many Batman everythings.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Heavens no, more Batman and thank you Sdcc for listening :cheers:
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:58 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Rex Mason wrote:

I fully disagree. I get 372 results for "Batman" from Pop tracker, and granted a few of those are extended Bat-Family under the Bat title but even still it's pretty disgusting. there are still tons of legitimate A-list characters that have yet to be touched yet alone the amazing B tier and below folks, the world has too damn many Batman everythings.

There are certainly not 372 Batman Pops. I only collect Batman related, and I currently have 175 Pops total. 73 of those Pops are of Batman (or of characters wearing Batman costumes like the Imposters line). The others are Batman enemies and allies. I'm only missing about 20 Batman related Pops, so I think your numbers are quite inflated.

Batman is DC's most popular character, and I for one am glad that DC and Funko have opted to continue making Pops for him and his universe. If you don't enjoy Batman Pops, I can understand not buying them. But I don't understand complaining about them, as many of us really enjoy the Caped Crusader, and have for generations.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:32 pm

like I said the 372 is the number from Pop tracker so it's all funko products not just pops. even still the fact that are over 70 of just Batman and there is only 1 Martian Manhunter in existence should illustrate exactly why I am complaining about so many friggin Batman products. Yes he is a flagship character but big friggin deal, there is literally an entire universe of other characters in the DC world that don't live in Gotham and as a fan of a lot of them it annoys the ever livin heck out of me that 90% of them will never get made but we'll get 25 more hot-pink Batman outfit variants.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 am

Not a bad box.

Spoiler's on Reddit. Btw.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Return to “Powered by Funko”