Loc year 1 box???

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Angel 9708

Loc year 1 box???

Postby Angel 9708 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Last year for the 1 year anniversary of the mcc box they had a year 1 box and I thought it was amazing, will they be doing the same for Loc? Patiently waiting!
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: Loc year 1 box???

Postby Valde » Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 pm

They didn't do one for the Smugglers Bounty either. My only theory is that there was so much backlash from the Pop only collectors about a Hikari being one of the items in there. Some of the Twitter and Facebook comments were pretty disgusting. I would honestly be shocked if we got another one of these anytime soon if ever.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Oh really I wasn't aware. It was an assortment. Can please everyone I guess. Thanks for the info.
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Valde wrote:They didn't do one for the Smugglers Bounty either. My only theory is that there was so much backlash from the Pop only collectors about a Hikari being one of the items in there. Some of the Twitter and Facebook comments were pretty disgusting. I would honestly be shocked if we got another one of these anytime soon if ever.

Yeah if I had to put money on it I would wager them forgoing the boxes for LoC and Smugglers bounty. I was one of the detractors of the box but I voiced it in a constructive way and in no way condone any vulgarity or obscenity that a lot of people said about the box.

randig

Postby randig » Wed May 10, 2017 4:22 pm

That stinks that the backlash caused them to not do them for the other boxes, I just like everything I get in the boxes. :cheers:
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 10, 2017 4:53 pm

randig wrote:That stinks that the backlash caused them to not do them for the other boxes, I just like everything I get in the boxes. :cheers:

Normally I try not to beat a dead horse but some reading this thread may not have lived through the Year One debacle. The Year One box was not a freebie, in fact it was hella expensive. 135 bucks shipped. Everyone including me was expecting something truly epic. At that price point, most were expecting a Pop Ride and numerous exclusive Pops. Many, MANY people joked that they better not put a Hikari in there to "justify" the cost A) because most Funko collectors do not collect (or even like) Hikari and B) because although Hikari have a list price of 70 bucks they very rarely sell for that, they often sell at clearance prices of half that or less (thus the value isn't justified). As it turns out that's exactly what they did. The box included one Hikari, one Pop and a couple of Dorbz. Granted it was a great Pop (Hobgoblin) but the contents were really no different than a regular 25 dollar sub box except for the Hikari. People were fuming mad, and wow, the venting on social media was brutal and ugly. Unfortunately collectors can be downright childish when they don't get the toy they want, and they are great at throwing profanity-laced temper tantrums lol There was some constructive criticism offered, but it was drowned out by the rants. Funko heard it all loud and clear, so we figured as a result they would either stop offering Year One boxes or would make them well and truly epic the next time. Unfortunately it appears they chose the former. However, they did send out a free sub box to celebrate the end of the first year of SB, it was a random box not of your choosing but still, it was completely free so that was a very cool gesture.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Powered by Funko”