Smugglers Bounty - Droids!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
cheekylyssa

Re: Smugglers Bounty - Droids!

Postby cheekylyssa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Not really a fan of the pops in it but at least there's no sweatbands this time. \:D/

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:20 pm

I thought this box turned out really well. Everything was really solid, from the pin and patch to the shirt and to the pops
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:21 pm

I love C3PO and R5-R4 those are nice looking pops.

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 pm

This box is so-so for me. I like both pops and I'm glad they're not repeats of things we've already seen. That is really appreciated. The shirt is fine, just a little weak as far as being pop-specific imo. I feel like that same shirt could have been made without pops at all, which makes it less special to me. And I agree the box felt empty without another item, but I don't necessarily think it was lacking value. Two pops and a shirt is at least worth $30 if not more.

tl;dr not blown away, but satisfied
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

everlastingwhy

Postby everlastingwhy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:23 pm

MDevil21 wrote:Just need more R2s PLEASE

Every time I see something on the physical box that I want, I get the box and then it does not contain that thing. And I get disappointed (cough 40th anniversary box w/o Leia)
Christine

Collecting: Marvel, TV, Comics, Video Games, Spider-Man, Captain America, Outlander, Inhumans
ISO PROTOS: The Office, WWII Cap, Thor with Stormbreaker, Outlander Claire, Witcher 3 Eredin, Once Upon a Time Captain Hook, Killian Jones, Emma Swan; Dragons

IG: popstine

everlastingwhy

Postby everlastingwhy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Celesdragon wrote:
Classier wrote:
Celesdragon wrote:
I believe he is referencing that the MCC Spider-Man:Homecoming shirt is currently available to purchase directly on Hot Topic's website. The MCC box specifically states that everything in the box is exclusive to the box.. but yet, Hot Topic has the shirt up.

Just because one shirt looks like one you can buy at Hot Topic doesn't mean that the vinyl collectibles will be, though. Despite the shirts being similar, the colors technically are a little different. Seems like a bit of a hollow statement to me.

I personally didn't buy that box (wasn't happy to see a second Spidey box so soon), but even I did a second take upon seeing the Hot Topic listing. Maybe the Hot Topic shirt is slightly off color or material to void out the 'exclusive' statement. However, on a gut level, I feel like when it comes to apparel like tshirts, the design, not the color or material, is the primary aspect of why someone would buy one. And therefor, the design should be the exclusive aspect. So I understand the frustration that people who did get the box are having about seeing the same design plastered on a shirt in a store.

But also the Loki Dorbz being available at Hot Topic now when it is originally from the MCC Villains box meant to be exclusive to that box
Christine

Collecting: Marvel, TV, Comics, Video Games, Spider-Man, Captain America, Outlander, Inhumans
ISO PROTOS: The Office, WWII Cap, Thor with Stormbreaker, Outlander Claire, Witcher 3 Eredin, Once Upon a Time Captain Hook, Killian Jones, Emma Swan; Dragons

IG: popstine

snapstar

Postby snapstar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 pm

I was actually pretty happy overall with this box. Enjoyed the shirt and loved the c3po pop. It did feel a little empty but I’d rather have 2 pops and a shirt then salt and pepper shakers and wrist bands honestly. I still wish they brought the 1 and 6 chase pops back again I liked opening it hoping for one.
ImageImageImage

turgsaysno

Postby turgsaysno » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 am

Alas, a droid that didn't last more than 30 seconds and the version of C3PO I liked the most. 1 out of 2 ain't bad IMO. Can't wait to see the boxes as Ep8 draws near-er.
I wait in line for fun

V2daTizzo

Postby V2daTizzo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 am

that C-3PO is soooooooooo cool

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:17 pm

It's a shame for over the seas fans of Funko who can't order these boxes normally. The C3PO is definitely one I'll have to look out for online!
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:57 pm

snapstar wrote:I was actually pretty happy overall with this box. Enjoyed the shirt and loved the c3po pop. It did feel a little empty but I’d rather have 2 pops and a shirt then salt and pepper shakers and wrist bands honestly. I still wish they brought the 1 and 6 chase pops back again I liked opening it hoping for one.

I agree! I did two annual subscriptions thinking the chases would be somewhat regular and that would give me better odds. Oh well!
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Jenster521

Postby Jenster521 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I thought the unfinished C3PO and R5-R4 turned out great! Sad I missed out on this box.

Return to “Powered by Funko”