Is there a Year One box for Legion of Collectors or Smuggler's Bounty?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
funkofinderz

Is there a Year One box for Legion of Collectors or Smuggler's Bounty?

Postby funkofinderz » Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am

Sorry if this has been asked already but I was curious if there were plans for a Year One box, similar to the Collector Corps box, planned for the Legion of Collectors and/or Smuggler's Bounty box.

Thank you!

Classier

Re: Is there a Year One box for Legion of Collectors or Smuggler's Bounty?

Postby Classier » Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 am

After the fiasco of the last one, I'd doubt it. BUT it would be neat if they did something in a similar price range without the Hikari. But in LOC's case they'd probably just make a giant action figure. SB could really run wild, however.

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am

I'd love to see a smugglers box 1 year since I'll take anything SW even if it's kitschy but nothing I've seen as of yet.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 pm

funkofinderz wrote:Sorry if this has been asked already but I was curious if there were plans for a Year One box, similar to the Collector Corps box, planned for the Legion of Collectors and/or Smuggler's Bounty box.

Thank you!

It has come up a few times and the general consensus is that it's probably not going to happen (we're well past the one year mark on SB). Funko has never officially said one way or the other though. They did send year-long SB subscribers a free gift though, it was a previous sub box from one of the other subs.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

randig

Postby randig » Wed May 17, 2017 1:57 pm

I wish, now that everyone saw what happened with the MCC box I dont get why we cant all make a judgement call and only buy if they want.
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 17, 2017 3:09 pm

randig wrote:I wish, now that everyone saw what happened with the MCC box I dont get why we cant all make a judgement call and only buy if they want.

The problem with Year One is you DIDN'T KNOW what you were buying, so you COULDN'T make a judgment call. If Funko had just said "Buy the MCC Year One box and get an exclusive Hikari, Pop and two Mystery Minis!!" Then it still would have been a mystery, but people like me would have known to skip it because I would NEVER have spent over a hundred bucks on that mix had I known in advance. But they didn't, they just said it was an amazing, fantastic box and anyone that didn't rush to buy it would regret it. Joke was on us lol That was my constructive criticism to Funko over that debacle, was that in the future if they did Year One (or Year Two) boxes for any of the subs then at least let us know what types of items would be in it so we COULD make a judgment call before pulling the trigger.

randig

Postby randig » Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 pm

treswright wrote:
randig wrote:I wish, now that everyone saw what happened with the MCC box I dont get why we cant all make a judgement call and only buy if they want.

The problem with Year One is you DIDN'T KNOW what you were buying, so you COULDN'T make a judgment call. If Funko had just said "Buy the MCC Year One box and get an exclusive Hikari, Pop and two Mystery Minis!!" Then it still would have been a mystery, but people like me would have known to skip it because I would NEVER have spent over a hundred bucks on that mix had I known in advance. But they didn't, they just said it was an amazing, fantastic box and anyone that didn't rush to buy it would regret it. Joke was on us lol That was my constructive criticism to Funko over that debacle, was that in the future if they did Year One (or Year Two) boxes for any of the subs then at least let us know what types of items would be in it so we COULD make a judgment call before pulling the trigger.

GREAT point Treswright. I like the suggestion as well.

I just wish they wouldnt NOT do it all together. I also recognize that I love evrything FUNKO so anything in the box would be perfect.
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm

randig wrote:I just wish they wouldnt NOT do it all together. I also recognize that I love evrything FUNKO so anything in the box would be perfect.

I agree, despite being miffed about the MCC Year One I was REALLY hoping for a SB Year One box! You've got to figure they would never stick a Hikari in there after the backlash, so it could have been something really awesome. Pop Deluxe X-Wing and Tie Fighter set or something :-)

funkofinderz

Postby funkofinderz » Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am

edmomo wrote:I'd love to see a smugglers box 1 year since I'll take anything SW even if it's kitschy but nothing I've seen as of yet.

I'd also love to see a Year One box for the SB. I think Funko is doing a great job with these subscription boxes. I can only imagine the creative awesomeness they'd give us in a Year One box for LoC and SB.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu May 18, 2017 10:42 am

A SB year one box would be incredible. Personally, I would buy it regardless of the contents. Ended up getting the MCC one at SDCC that year after finding out the contents. That Hobgoblin Pop was a must have for me. But yes, I don't think there will be an SB or LOC box. :(
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 1:49 am

I would like to see one

Return to “Powered by Funko”