Disney Treasures Box and Wearables

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
dcooperfl

Disney Treasures Box and Wearables

Postby dcooperfl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 am

So far I am loving the boxes, but wondering if they will be offering wearables such as shirts, hats etc. Do we think they are going to be offering them? Is there a licensing thing? Am I just being impatient? Not going to impact me subscribing of course, but I do love me some Funko swag.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

JorEl15

Re: Disney Treasures Box and Wearables

Postby JorEl15 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:37 am

I was wondering too now that we are 2 boxes in and no wearables.
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

lightsoutPOP

Postby lightsoutPOP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:42 am

dcooperfl wrote:So far I am loving the boxes, but wondering if they will be offering wearables such as shirts, hats etc. Do we think they are going to be offering them? Is there a licensing thing? Am I just being impatient? Not going to impact me subscribing of course, but I do love me some Funko swag.

I'm with you! will love a shirt..... :D [-o<

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 am

I'm all for,wearables. BUT if they do socks I sure hope they get a new maker for them as the Wonder Woman socks that came in the D.C. Box were way,small. I have small feet and could barely get them on. 8-[ [-(
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 am

Shalee04 wrote:I'm all for,wearables. BUT if they do socks I sure hope they get a new maker for them as the Wonder Woman socks that came in the D.C. Box were way,small. I have small feet and could barely get them on. 8-[ [-(

Haha. This is true. They are a little lacking on the socks. Same thing with the Storm Trooper ones.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 am

dcooperfl wrote:
Shalee04 wrote:I'm all for,wearables. BUT if they do socks I sure hope they get a new maker for them as the Wonder Woman socks that came in the D.C. Box were way,small. I have small feet and could barely get them on. 8-[ [-(

Haha. This is true. They are a little lacking on the socks. Same thing with the Storm Trooper ones.

I struggled to put them on at the Wonder Woman movie tonight to take a pix for Instagram, I swear my feet were turning blue. Muhahahaha :eek:

Minis-450+
And

Cccustomspop

Postby Cccustomspop » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:01 am

Shalee04 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:

I struggled to put them on at the Wonder Woman movie tonight to take a pix for Instagram, I swear my feet were turning blue. Muhahahaha :eek:

No pain no glory. Hahaha

But really they should be bigger. Or at least looser/stretchier.
Instagram: cccustomspop
FB: fb.com/cccustomspop

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 am

dcooperfl wrote:but wondering if they will be offering wearables such as shirts, hats etc.

They did ask for a t-shirt size on signup and I just checked and it is still shown under the "Your Subscriptions" settings, so I'm sure we'll see t-shirts at some point!

Shalee04 wrote:I struggled to put them on at the Wonder Woman movie tonight to take a pix for Instagram, I swear my feet were turning blue. Muhahahaha :eek:

Funko is simply paying homage with these socks to those cultures who practice feet binding lol Did your Fright Night socks fit OK? I never got to try mine on, my GF swiped them for her daughter, I never even got them out of the package :eek:
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 am

I'm always down for a shirt in the sub boxes, since the quality and designs are usually on point

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 am

I don't need wearable in any of these boxes. Don't get me wrong, I really like some of the shirts and wear them proudly, but I have enough tshirts as it is. I don't need another one every 2 months for every sub. The other wearables I generally have zero use for, except when I give the socks to my kids.

Not surprising, I'd rather they focus on a couple really good items than the filler and frankly, I consider the wearables mostly filler.

Given all of that, I love how they've handled the Disney boxes thus far. Keep it up!!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 am

treswright wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:but wondering if they will be offering wearables such as shirts, hats etc.

They did ask for a t-shirt size on signup and I just checked and it is still shown under the "Your Subscriptions" settings, so I'm sure we'll see t-shirts at some point!

Shalee04 wrote:I struggled to put them on at the Wonder Woman movie tonight to take a pix for Instagram, I swear my feet were turning blue. Muhahahaha :eek:

Funko is simply paying homage with these socks to those cultures who practice feet binding lol Did your Fright Night socks fit OK? I never got to try mine on, my GF swiped them for her daughter, I never even got them out of the package :eek:

Hahaha foot binding!! Yes my fright night socks fit normal. These WW ones from everyone I have talked to are just very small, no stretch at all. Oh well I will find a use for them regardless. :clown:

Minis-450+
And

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:14 am

The less wearables the better IMO due to one size for the socks and unisex for the tees really not fitting everyone. If they were to expand and offer women's fitted tees and different sizes for socks I would be interested. I have no interest in the hats.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:20 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:The less wearables the better IMO due to one size for the socks and unisex for the tees really not fitting everyone. If they were to expand and offer women's fitted tees and different sizes for socks I would be interested. I have no interest in the hats.

I agree with wanting a ladies shirt sizing. :clown:

Minis-450+
And

FunkoETC

Postby FunkoETC » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:21 am

I think they use the tshirt, socks, and wearables to help funko funatics. "You're buying all our funkos but no clothes to wear." They were thinking to kill 2 birds with one stone! Clothe the funatics!!!
The name is Albert :freddy3:
Amateur Toy Photographer - IG - FunkoETC
Collecting - Disney - TMNT - and most Freddy's I can get my hands on

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:27 pm

I have loved all the shirts from the Smuggler's Bounty sub, except for the Bounty Hunter one (the design just didn't do it for me), and the Mos Eisley shirts were my definite favorites so far. I have a feeling it will be very rare for us to get wearables in the Disney box just because of how controlling Disney is with their IP (more so with their original IP than the ones they purchased like Lucasfilm and Marvel). On the plus side, that control mania means that everything in the Disney Boxes should be topnotch.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:44 pm

I do love the shirts but I am in the position of many others. I have so many now, I would rather get an extra pop or mini over another shirt
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:24 pm

Thrillofthehunt wrote:I do love the shirts but I am in the position of many others. I have so many now, I would rather get an extra pop or mini over another shirt

Being Disney, I'm sure the shirts would be wickedly awesome..but, I too prefer the extra figures over the wearables.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Shalee04 wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:The less wearables the better IMO due to one size for the socks and unisex for the tees really not fitting everyone. If they were to expand and offer women's fitted tees and different sizes for socks I would be interested. I have no interest in the hats.

I agree with wanting a ladies shirt sizing. :clown:

They should definitely add women sizes to the shirt options. It should just happen.

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I've got so many Disney shirts already that I'm fine not having any from this box, like a lot of people have said I'd love more Vinyl pieces in the boxes than anything else.
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

kenjidm

Postby kenjidm » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:46 pm

So I have a question. I received my Disney Subscription Treasure box yesterday and one of the POPs (keeping secret if not revealed so I don't be a spoiler) came dented. Will Funko replace this? I am not gonna whine and complain if not, but if I have the opportunity that they do offer this, will they?
:freddy2:

Princess

Postby Princess » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:06 pm

The Head wrote:I don't need wearable in any of these boxes. Don't get me wrong, I really like some of the shirts and wear them proudly, but I have enough tshirts as it is. I don't need another one every 2 months for every sub. The other wearables I generally have zero use for, except when I give the socks to my kids.

Not surprising, I'd rather they focus on a couple really good items than the filler and frankly, I consider the wearables mostly filler.

Given all of that, I love how they've handled the Disney boxes thus far. Keep it up!!

I agree with this. As a woman, I find the t-shirts don't quite fit right and I usually give them to my nephew, which is a shame because they look great. I would much rather Funko continue the way they started with this sub and focus more on the figures themselves. I think the quality of the contents so far has been amazing. :cheers:
signature created by bathtub-tigers

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 pm

FunkoETC wrote:I think they use the tshirt, socks, and wearables to help funko funatics. "You're buying all our funkos but no clothes to wear." They were thinking to kill 2 birds with one stone! Clothe the funatics!!!

Albert said funkos. :D
My Name is Ernie

FunkoETC

Postby FunkoETC » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:49 am

Kaljor wrote:
FunkoETC wrote:I think they use the tshirt, socks, and wearables to help funko funatics. "You're buying all our funkos but no clothes to wear." They were thinking to kill 2 birds with one stone! Clothe the funatics!!!

Albert said funkos. :D

:-$ 8-[ lol
The name is Albert :freddy3:
Amateur Toy Photographer - IG - FunkoETC
Collecting - Disney - TMNT - and most Freddy's I can get my hands on

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 pm

kenjidm wrote:So I have a question. I received my Disney Subscription Treasure box yesterday and one of the POPs (keeping secret if not revealed so I don't be a spoiler) came dented. Will Funko replace this? I am not gonna whine and complain if not, but if I have the opportunity that they do offer this, will they?

You could email support. They say that they may not replace because of box damage (they believe you should take them out), but it is worth asking! Take some pictures. They are really nice :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure at some point they would include some kind of wearable item. At least I'm hoping they do lol.
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Tovarnico

Postby Tovarnico » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:36 pm

I don't mind at all not getting a wearable item because they have delivered so strongly with these past two boxes but Im sure we will get something in one of the boxes

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:25 am

Miss not having a shirt like the other subs

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm 50/50 on wearables, sometimes they are great, sometimes I just don't use them.
Image Image

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:39 am

I remember reading that wearables would be a rarity in regards to the Disney Subscription Box. Don't remember quite where though.
ImageImage

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:30 am

coopscohen wrote:I remember reading that wearables would be a rarity in regards to the Disney Subscription Box. Don't remember quite where though.

Interesting. Well time will take care of it. They do release Disney shirts so I figured there may be a shot.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:49 pm

coopscohen wrote:I remember reading that wearables would be a rarity in regards to the Disney Subscription Box. Don't remember quite where though.

This line is probably way harder than any other subscription box line to design a shirt or hat for due to how diverse the customer base is for Disney
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 am

chaostryder wrote:

This line is probably way harder than any other subscription box line to design a shirt or hat for due to how diverse the customer base is for Disney

Very good point.
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Thrillofthehunt wrote:I do love the shirts but I am in the position of many others. I have so many now, I would rather get an extra pop or mini over another shirt

Being Disney, I'm sure the shirts would be wickedly awesome..but, I too prefer the extra figures over the wearables.

I agree, I would rather have an extra figure than a shirt or hat.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:13 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Triple agree. I have ordered some cool Funko shirts from Funko-shop. Figures over wearables but not gonna cry over a cool wearable once in a while.
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 am

Ar7 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Triple agree. I have ordered some cool Funko shirts from Funko-shop. Figures over wearables but not gonna cry over a cool wearable once in a while.

I agree, hopefully we get at least one wearable!! I want one Disney exclusive shirt!

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 am

dexiesmom wrote:
Ar7 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I agree, I would rather have an extra figure than a shirt or hat.

I agree, hopefully we get at least one wearable!! I want one Disney exclusive shirt!

I really want a Disney shirt before the first year is completed. [-o<
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Ar7 wrote:

My wife is on the fence. She would love a shirt, but would really prefer women's sizes/styles.

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:43 am

dcooperfl wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I agree, hopefully we get at least one wearable!! I want one Disney exclusive shirt!

My wife is on the fence. She would love a shirt, but would really prefer women's sizes/styles.

Ok, now my mind is getting fantastical and making up types of Disney Funko shirts I'd love to have. Like a dark shirt but a glow-in-the-dark ink design crossed between eerie/Funko-fun-bit-not-so-cutsie Haunted Mansion themed shirt. Hope that makes sense. Thinking too far ahead, it's at least one box too early, haven't seen Tiny Town yet, ha!
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

dcooperfl wrote:So far I am loving the boxes, but wondering if they will be offering wearables such as shirts, hats etc. Do we think they are going to be offering them? Is there a licensing thing? Am I just being impatient? Not going to impact me subscribing of course, but I do love me some Funko swag.

I totally agree. Would love a shirt. Doesn't have to be every box but a couple would be awesome. Maybe tank tops since we don't have any of those in other boxes :)
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:26 pm

I saw that they will be selling these at D23. Do you think there's a chance they will sell them at SDCC? If so, what's the price point? I missed out.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Return to “Powered by Funko”