MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mr Yac

Re: MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 pm

unlikely I know but if any of you only want the Iron Man and not the other thing in the box please let me know as i'd very happily take it off your hands.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

Wow! I'm seriously impressed with this box!!! I didn't think I'd actually get that second thing in my wildest dreams!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Wow! One of my favorite boxes to date! Really digging the shirt and like Yoko said I hope we get more designs like that. The second Pop! is not the one I wished it was but it's amazing too! I'm so excited for this box to arrive.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Great box, love everything in it but RIP to us that wanted
Spoiler: show
Classic Thor Pop
in the box. Oh well, another time I guess.
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

avanegas43

Postby avanegas43 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Love this box! The shirt looks great, and second item looks great as well!!! Very excited for the next box as well!
My name is Anthony; IG @resin_time43
Collector since October 2016
Attended: Fundays 2017,'18,'19,'22,'23, Funatics Day Out 8 LA, Making Fun Premiere in LA
:freddy2:
ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 pm

Pretty happy about this box. I mean, the spoiled pop is one I've wanted since I started collecting, and the second Pop is one I much prefer over the MCU version, so I can't complain about either of them at all. I was actually hoping the second Pop was the one on the shirt, BUT I am glad we get that on the shirt, instead of the patch and Pin.

I kind of hope they continue the first appearance direction and give us a lot of other characters, like Thor, Nick Fury, Hulk, Hawkeye, I really want comic versions of them in place of MCU versions, personally. Although I also want an updated MCU version of Nick Fury, was never able to get the original.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:45 pm

I"M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT SECOND POP IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Great box! Super solid value all around and nothing that feels like filler.

Theme is the next box was easy to guess too...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

emcee

Postby emcee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:49 pm

I don't want either of those pops, but I have to say this is one of the best MCC boxes to me up there with Hulkbuster and Secret Wars

Like I said about the Iron Man, so many people have been asking for these pops and I'm glad they're out there.

Also that shirt is AMAZING, must have.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm

The shirt, patch, and pin are among my favorites. The Pops, however, are just okay in my opinion. (Though I like the second WAY better than the first)

If only Scarlet Witch had been paired with Vision!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Everything but the pin works for me, not that I don't like the pin he was just never an Avenger.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:04 pm

What is the theme for the next box? Thor Ragnarok?

Also this box is great!!!!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:20 pm

wardengorri wrote:Great box, love everything in it but RIP to us that wanted
Classic Thor Pop
in the box. Oh well, another time I guess.

I'm glad this was not the second item, I would have been mad because the sub box pops end up basically costing the price of the box itself and this certain item should be common in my opinion with how many people want it.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Great box!! Classic Thor is probably Toy Tokyo at NYCC, 500 limited pc, Starbucks exclusive or something.

Great box tho, 2 pops, shirt and an excellent Pin is more than worth my $30.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 pm

I also have a strange affinity for the patch. There is just something about it.
Image Image Image Image

swind15

Postby swind15 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Really great box! Everything in it is awesome.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

ghostedaway

Postby ghostedaway » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:The shirt, patch, and pin are among my favorites. The Pops, however, are just okay in my opinion. (Though I like the second WAY better than the first)

Would have been a perfect pair
Bryan

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:26 pm

ghostedaway wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:The shirt, patch, and pin are among my favorites. The Pops, however, are just okay in my opinion. (Though I like the second WAY better than the first)

Would have been a perfect pair

I know, for now we can only hope for the future.

It also just occurred to me how awesome a classic Scarlet Witch and green repaint of Quicksilver 2-pack would be!
Image Image Image Image

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Holy cow! This box is amazing, the shirt is too cool!
2012 Rookie of the Year

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:14 am

This box is about average to me. The best item might be the shirt. Looks cool. The 2nd Pop is one I never seriously considered as a possibility. It's ok, but not one I would want. I feel like there were many more options that would of been better. The patch and pin are some of the least interesting ones to date, IMO. Also, where was the comic book? Its absence was glaring. Is this the first time it's been missing? I can't remember. I thankfully didn't order the box. If I had, I would of been disappointed. It's nowhere close to being one of the worst boxes, but still nothing exciting about it.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:This box is about average to me. The best item might be the shirt. Looks cool. The 2nd Pop is one I never seriously considered as a possibility. It's ok, but not one I would want. I feel like there were many more options that would of been better. The patch and pin are some of the least interesting ones to date, IMO. Also, where was the comic book? Its absence was glaring. Is this the first time it's been missing? I can't remember. I thankfully didn't order the box. If I had, I would of been disappointed. It's nowhere close to being one of the worst boxes, but still nothing exciting about it.

Um, I just realized that they are totally lowballing us here! No additional figures besides the POPs and no comic, what gives Funko?
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:This box is about average to me. The best item might be the shirt. Looks cool. The 2nd Pop is one I never seriously considered as a possibility. It's ok, but not one I would want. I feel like there were many more options that would of been better. The patch and pin are some of the least interesting ones to date, IMO. Also, where was the comic book? Its absence was glaring. Is this the first time it's been missing? I can't remember. I thankfully didn't order the box. If I had, I would of been disappointed. It's nowhere close to being one of the worst boxes, but still nothing exciting about it.

Um, I just realized that they are totally lowballing us here! No additional figures besides the POPs and no comic, what gives Funko?

On a different note I actually like the patch, but I hate the pin. It's like when they included a Vader POP from Empire in the Death Star box, even though Empire is the only original trilogy movie WITHOUT a Death Star in it!

While at first, I saw the second POP (my favorite Avenger) and flipped. After taking a closer look, it continues to fall farther and farther down the totem pole.
Image Image Image Image

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:50 am

It looks like a pretty good box to me. No, B:TAS quality from LoC, but still pretty good. It helps that Iron Man is a pop lol lol
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 am

jkcohen626 wrote:

There is a comic book. I didn't watch the entire reveal, but it's there on the table.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 am

allcutethings2 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

There is a comic book. I didn't watch the entire reveal, but it's there on the table.

Ok, now i see it and that makes the box a little good deal better.
Image Image Image Image

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:15 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:

How are they lowballing us? We paid roughly $30 (unless you aren't in the U.S.) for two exclusive Pop!s, a t-shirt, a patch, and a pin. That's $20 (could be considered $30 since they are exclusives), $20 for the shirt, and $5 give or take for the patch and pin. There are only a few boxes I can think of that had 2 Pop!s, a shirt, and something extra. Not trying to start an argument just don't understand how anyone could think they are lowballing us. :-s
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 pm

I have to say I am confused about what folks expect from these boxes. 2 Pops, both comic book based which I think is super cool to begin with and on top of that both are all new unique sculpts/costumes and not just pose variants. This is only the 2nd Iron Man comic armor sculpt to be done, 3rd comic figure if you count the RI Comic-Con stealth armor. Vision looks great, super vibrant design and really fun pose.

Shirt is nice and I dig the idea of classic covers recreated in pop form for these boxes. That would be a great unique theme to run with in the future. Patch and pin are ok though maybe out of the box's theme. I would say that classic Loki would have been a better choice for the pin character since he was the reason behind the box theme, maybe a Wasp or classic Thor patch even is the next box is Thor.

Plus we get a comic? So that's 2 pops, shirt, patch, pin & comic in the box.

2 exclusive pops $30, shirt $15, $4 comic, $10 for patch/pin = $59. Even if you wanted to argue $10 retail on pop you are looking at a $49, pretty darn solid value if you ask me.

Just my humble opinion, your milage may vary...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

popfanboy wrote:How are they lowballing us? We paid roughly $30 (unless you aren't in the U.S.) for two exclusive Pop!s, a t-shirt, a patch, and a pin. That's $20 (could be considered $30 since they are exclusives), $20 for the shirt, and $5 give or take for the patch and pin. There are only a few boxes I can think of that had 2 Pop!s, a shirt, and something extra. Not trying to start an argument just don't understand how anyone could think they are lowballing us. :-s

Ha! Jinx, see my post above yours! lol

froyomorada

Postby froyomorada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm

probably my favorite shirt so far.. though I'm hoping the shirt has other colors... ive got lots of black shirts already lol
Collector since July 2016 :freddy1:

Current Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... H661EJ8FZ/

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:46 pm

I definitely agree that Funko is not lowballing us. The Sub boxes definitely have lived up to the price.

I'm definitely looking forward to this box. The T-shirt is definitely on point! =)

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm

I rewatched the video, and there's definitely no comic. I think people are confusing the spoiler card on the table for a comic book. It would of been cool if they could have released an old Avengers comic with a Popified cover. I missed opportunity.

MaxGoof

Postby MaxGoof » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Photo review and unboxing of the box is up on Marvel Toy News, and you can see there's no comic book--just the contents card. I wonder if this is a one-time omission for this month because nothing suitable was being printed this month?

Divino

Postby Divino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Seems a little light in total content.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Divino wrote:Seems a little light in total content.

Really? Two pops, a shirt, a patch, and a pin is the normal formula for a sub box. It's what most of the Smugglers Bounty boxes were too. It's nice that most of the Marvel boxes had a comic, but it's really not decreasing the value of the box by much - 3.99 or 4.99 at most.

Most specialty/exclusive pops go for 11.99 or 12.99. So I would put the value of the pops at 12.50 each. The shirt is a 14.99 value. Then you have the patch and pin - similar items go for 1.99 - 6.99 each. So you've really already hit the $50 threshold of projected value, without the comic. And my estimates are pretty conservative.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:

Really? Two pops, a shirt, a patch, and a pin is the normal formula for a sub box. It's what most of the Smugglers Bounty boxes were too. It's nice that most of the Marvel boxes had a comic, but it's really not decreasing the value of the box by much - 3.99 or 4.99 at most.

Most specialty/exclusive pops go for 11.99 or 12.99. So I would put the value of the pops at 12.50 each. The shirt is a 14.99 value. Then you have the patch and pin - similar items go for 1.99 - 6.99 each. So you've really already hit the $50 threshold of projected value, without the comic. And my estimates are pretty conservative.

Heck, most Funko direct Pops (SDCC, Funko-shop, etc.) are $15 each both at the show/site and with shared partners. So even with the generous $12.50 estimate you are being way more than fair.

The box has 2 Pops and a T-shirt plus the standard patch and pin. I do not understand what more people want and expect for $25.

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Thought this was one of the best "value" boxes of all time, the content inside is incredible!
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Divino

Postby Divino » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:35 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Heck, most Funko direct Pops (SDCC, Funko-shop, etc.) are $15 each both at the show/site and with shared partners. So even with the generous $12.50 estimate you are being way more than fair.

The box has 2 Pops and a T-shirt plus the standard patch and pin. I do not understand what more people want and expect for $25.

Didn't mean to offend you guys... My OPINION, this box seems a little light based on what they've provided in the past. Usually there is one other item, especially since there is no comic this time. Again...my opinion, that's all.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 pm

Divino wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Didn't mean to offend you guys... My OPINION, this box seems a little light based on what they've provided in the past. Usually there is one other item, especially since there is no comic this time. Again...my opinion, that's all.

No worries, no offense taken! Seen a lot to belly aching on FB about this box and hard pressed to figure out what more folks would expect for $25. Maybe a comic book, but that would be about it and to me the comics are mostly filler so no loss there. As always, YMMV...

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Divino wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Oh, not offended at all! Just a little kerfuzzled as to what people were expecting in this box. The only thing missing from the usual box is the comic - and let's be honest, no one orders the box for the comic.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
Divino wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Oh, not offended at all! Just a little kerfuzzled as to what people were expecting in this box. The only thing missing from the usual box is the comic - and let's be honest, no one orders the box for the comic.

Whaaaaat! I thought that's what everyone gets the boxes for! I wish they would just do boxes of 4-5 comics in each and nothing else!! :^o

:roflmao:
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Return to “Powered by Funko”