MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
allcutethings2

Re: MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Postby allcutethings2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Jezter wrote:
Whaaaaat! I thought that's what everyone gets the boxes for! I wish they would just do boxes of 4-5 comics in each and nothing else!! :^o

:roflmao:

:roflmao: I laughed a little too hard at that one. I used to collect comics, and I still know a few people who would subscribe to that in a heartbeat. Even just for exclusive covers.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:57 pm

I really need the shirt from this box.
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 pm

you know what, I don't even care if this is just about toys but I am so angry right now. this was our one chance to get the real Wasp (and not Wright's bs OC) and instead we get two characters that already have multiple POPs. We didn't even get some lame handout like a Wasp patch or pin. I am so freaking tired of female characters being ignored and passed over in these boxes - we've had what, 18 total Collector Corp POPs and only 2 have been superheroines.
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 pm

I feel like every box gets critiques on all sides. I was disappointed in certain characters being missing but it's still a high quality box and doesn't have any sweatbands included so that's a plus.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 pm

While a comic isn't as important as Pops and a shirt to me, I would take it over a patch and a pin in a heartbeat. I've always considered those throw-ins that add little to no value IMO. I agree the box still reaches the value paid, or at least comes close, but I can't help but feel disappointed when earlier boxes had more in them than this one did.

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:10 am

pretty solid box in my opinion. I love the shirt and pops. wish we got some variety in products offered though. would like to see some more pint size heroes and such.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:44 am

Pretty happy with this box! Vision isn't my first choice but for sure the mold looks good. And it helps that this will be my first Vision Pop so I like that. The Mark I Iron Man Pop is well made! That's really what sells the box!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:While a comic isn't as important as Pops and a shirt to me, I would take it over a patch and a pin in a heartbeat. I've always considered those throw-ins that add little to no value IMO. I agree the box still reaches the value paid, or at least comes close, but I can't help but feel disappointed when earlier boxes had more in them than this one did.

Exactly! When I say lowballing, I'm talking in comparison to previous boxes. I do think that the fact that the POPs are both completely new molds, will help with the value, but i still feel a bit cheated when they only give me 5 items and out of the last three boxes, one had 6 items and two had 7 items, 8 in the Showdowns box if you count the 2-pack as two different items.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 am

CptWhizbang wrote:you know what, I don't even care if this is just about toys but I am so angry right now. this was our one chance to get the real Wasp (and not Wright's bs OC) and instead we get two characters that already have multiple POPs. We didn't even get some lame handout like a Wasp patch or pin. I am so freaking tired of female characters being ignored and passed over in these boxes - we've had what, 18 total Collector Corp POPs and only 2 have been superheroines.

One chance? There is still plenty of chances for wasp! Feel the same way for classic Thor, classic ant man, FA hulk. There is a movie called Ant Man and Wasp coming out. Maybe we could get a few comic versions out of it? We got comic Medusa with Inhumans show coming. We have gotten plenty of ladies in pop form, maybe not in sub boxes, but let's look at it this way. more than half the boxes are movie themed (7?) none of which have a female as titled star. I think 6 boxes were comic themed, one had a box with a female, one had females as the actual theme! While another had an awesome female piece that wasnt a pop.
2012 Rookie of the Year

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 am

I'm not into the Avengers and have no interest in this box but from afar, I still think it looks cool. You get two classic Avengers' pops. If I could get a classic X-Men with any two original X-Men in it, I would be over the moon to have a Marvel Girl, Cyclops, Beast in human form, Iceman, or Angel.

ray1345

Postby ray1345 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 am

dang, I stopped after subscribing after Xmen or Doctor Strange. Got boxes lying all over my room haha. I might need to get this box just for vision.

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:08 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:One chance? There is still plenty of chances for wasp! Feel the same way for classic Thor, classic ant man, FA hulk. There is a movie called Ant Man and Wasp coming out. Maybe we could get a few comic versions out of it? We got comic Medusa with Inhumans show coming. We have gotten plenty of ladies in pop form, maybe not in sub boxes, but let's look at it this way. more than half the boxes are movie themed (7?) none of which have a female as titled star. I think 6 boxes were comic themed, one had a box with a female, one had females as the actual theme! While another had an awesome female piece that wasnt a pop.

Listen, I know you mean well but yeah this was really the one best chance for a Janet Van Dyne POP. Funko is so MCU-heavy that there's no way we would get a Janet POP when Ant-man and Wasp comes out. Instead, what we're going to get are a bunch of POPs of Edgar Wright's stupid OC Hope. It's like if Funko put out a ton of Laura Kinney as Wolverine POPs but never put out a single POP of Logan as Wolverine. That's what is going to happen with Wasp. And it's not fair that just because one jerk director thinks female superheroes are interchangeable, we're not going to get a POP of one the original and one of the most important Avengers ever.

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:51 am

I need that Iron man pop so bad!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:13 am

CptWhizbang wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:One chance? There is still plenty of chances for wasp! Feel the same way for classic Thor, classic ant man, FA hulk. There is a movie called Ant Man and Wasp coming out. Maybe we could get a few comic versions out of it? We got comic Medusa with Inhumans show coming. We have gotten plenty of ladies in pop form, maybe not in sub boxes, but let's look at it this way. more than half the boxes are movie themed (7?) none of which have a female as titled star. I think 6 boxes were comic themed, one had a box with a female, one had females as the actual theme! While another had an awesome female piece that wasnt a pop.

Listen, I know you mean well but yeah this was really the one best chance for a Janet Van Dyne POP. Funko is so MCU-heavy that there's no way we would get a Janet POP when Ant-man and Wasp comes out. Instead, what we're going to get are a bunch of POPs of Edgar Wright's stupid OC Hope. It's like if Funko put out a ton of Laura Kinney as Wolverine POPs but never put out a single POP of Logan as Wolverine. That's what is going to happen with Wasp. And it's not fair that just because one jerk director thinks female superheroes are interchangeable, we're not going to get a POP of one the original and one of the most important Avengers ever.

Thought I should update you, Edgar Wright hasn't been attached to either Ant-FIlm for over 3 years. I do wish we could get some comic version of Wasp though. One can dream.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 am

skillawashere wrote:I feel like every box gets critiques on all sides. I was disappointed in certain characters being missing but it's still a high quality box and doesn't have any sweatbands included so that's a plus.

Agreed, always surprised by how many people feel the complete opposite as me for a certain box, I personally am thrilled by this box
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Honestly the only people that are going to like most of the boxes are those that like both the comic book universe and the movie universe. If you don't like one of them you are probably going to be at least somewhat unhappy about half of the time.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Honestly the only people that are going to like most of the boxes are those that like both the comic book universe and the movie universe. If you don't like one of them you are probably going to be at least somewhat unhappy about half of the time.

This box did a solid job of staying comic related. But I do agree with your point nonetheless.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:25 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
CptWhizbang wrote:

Thought I should update you, Edgar Wright hasn't been attached to either Ant-FIlm for over 3 years. I do wish we could get some comic version of Wasp though. One can dream.

It was Wright's decision to replace with real Wasp with an OC. By the time he quit, Evangeline Lilly had already been cast to play Hope, and ultimately his original script still ended up forming the basic plot of "Ant-man" even after he left the film. And don't forget that Wright was the reason why Whedon cut Janet from the original "Avengers" script. It doesn't matter that Wright hasn't been involved for more than 3 years, it's still his fault why we don't have Janet as an Avenger in the MCU.

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 pm

My box showed up today and it still shows as processing on the site. For me, this was the best box I have received in awhile.

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:32 pm

The surprise of the box arriving today was overshadowed by the lack of any communication on Funko's part. No shipping email, and my order also still says preparing. Not everyone lives somewhere where their box can sit on the porch all day. Not everyone even has a porch! My mailman knows to put packages in a cooler I leave out when it's going to rain; but if I have no inkling to even be expecting a package, my box gets soaked. This happened w/ the Mrs' Treasures box this month too.

As for the contents of this box, my Iron Man has scratches all over him, paint defects and some gunk on the back of his head. Looks like they threw him in his box before he was dry. Disappointed on many levels Funko!

Baseman314

Postby Baseman314 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm

I am super excited for this box and can't wait to get mine!
Pops: 6000+
Autographed Pops: 600+
Dorbz: 5
Rock Candy: 100
Mystery Mini: 300
Sodas: 150

IG: Mike_Funko_Collector

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:08 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
ghostedaway wrote:
Boba_Fetish wrote:The shirt, patch, and pin are among my favorites. The Pops, however, are just okay in my opinion. (Though I like the second WAY better than the first)

Spoiler: show
If only Scarlet Witch had been paired with Vision!

Would have been a perfect pair

I know, for now we can only hope for the future.

Spoiler: show
It also just occurred to me how awesome a classic Scarlet Witch and green repaint of Quicksilver 2-pack would be!

Here's hoping for a Brotherhood box in the future! Though I'd take a Blob or Toad over a Quicksilver repaint any day.

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Honestly the only people that are going to like most of the boxes are those that like both the comic book universe and the movie universe. If you don't like one of them you are probably going to be at least somewhat unhappy about half of the time.

As a huge fan of both, I'm disappointed most of the time. I don't ever mind the themes, but feel like their character choices are usually far too safe and predictable.

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Just got my box. Overall a GREAT box in my opinion. The last box i got was the civil war one but i do follow what's in every box and quite frankly, the last couple were too bland/boring. This one brings back the excitement level of the avenegers and secret wars box

I knew we were going to get the iron man but the second one kind of blew my mind. The shirt is super sick. Bummed there's no comic as i thought it was included in every box. Not too upset though.

I came on here to see people's reactions and kind of shocked people are complaining about this box. Like others said, content value exceeds what we paid for and 2 pops!! Cmon people, first yall complain about getting other stuff like dorbz and PSH, now complaining about getting 2 pops.

Some of you guys should stop feeling so entitled. It will make your life happier.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Still waiting to get my box. :/ Hopefully it shows up on Monday...hopefully.
:freddy1:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Got mine today!!! Love it!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Oh man, I want that pin!

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 am

Got my box today, don't really care for first appearance Vision even though I own Avengers 57. Will probably get rid of that or give it to my nephew but it's pretty sick, I'm very happy with Mark 1. Might push me to finally break down on Tales of Suspense. Would've been cool to get Avengers #1 in pop comic form, but it's all good. Just seems like a small missed opportunity.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

jmoney

Postby jmoney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 pm

First MCC box for me and I can't decide how I feel. I love classic the Avengers but this box just didn't quite live up to that name.
Captain America Patch-Cool but it's just a patch
Nick Fury Pin-I like the nod to classic Nick but he is in no way an Avenger. Seems like this box was designed by people who get their comic knowledge from the movies.
Hulk Shirt-Once again very nice but the Hulk was only a member of the Avengers for like 2 issues. Seems like this could have been saved for a Hulk box.
Classic Iron-Man Pop-Nothing to complain about here except that this isn't my favorite armor and there are lots of other classic comic Avengers that haven't been made yet.
Vision Pop-Easily my favorite. I feel I got my money's worth out of the box with him alone. Although a partially transparent version would be nice as an exclusive one day.

Geekthulhu

Postby Geekthulhu » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Got my box yesterday and while I enjoy it overall, I do think they missed out on some good opportunities. Like others have mentioned, it would have been cool to finally get a comic book version of Thor or a comic book version of the Wasp. And while I didn't care about the comic being in it, it's weird it wasn't this time and they didn't put something small in, like a PSH, to replace it. Missed opportunities, but still a good box.

rowden

Postby rowden » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

GOT IT...LOVE IT!
"Evil knows evil" Dr. Smith- Lost in Space
ImageImage

Watchmen55

Postby Watchmen55 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 am

love the pops , didnt like the shirt....

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:21 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:Listen, I know you mean well but yeah this was really the one best chance for a Janet Van Dyne POP.

I think you are being hyperbolic here. There are plenty of other opportunities to have a Janet Van Dyne POP.

It was Wright's decision to replace with real Wasp with an OC. By the time he quit, Evangeline Lilly had already been cast to play Hope, and ultimately his original script still ended up forming the basic plot of "Ant-man" even after he left the film. And don't forget that Wright was the reason why Whedon cut Janet from the original "Avengers" script. It doesn't matter that Wright hasn't been involved for more than 3 years, it's still his fault why we don't have Janet as an Avenger in the MCU.

When Wright began work on Ant-Man, there was no MCU. It was in development before the first Iron Man. It's not his fault that the MCU took off like it did.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Thinking about it, I'm actually kind of glad that they stayed away from first appearance Wasp. The costume design would have made the pop head so big that it would never stay upright. Better to avoid all of the complaints.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:12 pm

I'm hopeful we'll see Janet and Henry show up eventually.

As for this box, I'm totally going to be on the lookout for the second piece that was in it. Hopefully I can get my hands on it later on.

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

I LOVE the vision!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Moepops wrote:I really need the shirt from this box.

This is one of my favorite shirts, so classic. I would really like a lot more comic Pop tees.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Valde wrote:

This is one of my favorite shirts, so classic. I would really like a lot more comic Pop tees.

Classic pop tees would be awesome
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Valde wrote:

I agree. I love the shirt when I saw it and it looks great in person. I love the comic Pop tees. They are so awesome.
Collecting since 2014

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Finally got my box yesterday and I love it!
:freddy1:

emcee

Postby emcee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 am

Just bought the shirt from someone who didn't want it. My favourite sub box shirt since the Civil War.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Return to “Powered by Funko”