LOC: September is "DC's Most Wanted"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: LOC: September is "DC's Most Wanted"

Postby Jezter » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Meh.

Spoiler: show
I'm not a huge DC guy to begin with, so my opinion isn't all that wonderful, but I'm glad I ended up skipping this box, although I was very close to getting it since Lex was in it. Hopefully I can get Lex later.

That said, I have no interest in Bane, so that wouldn't have been anything great to me. No pin? Kinda weird. Stickers? Weirder.
A luggage tag? I mean, I rarely if ever travel, so that would have been useless.

The shirt looks neat, but I'm simply glad I didn't get this box. Hopefully I can score Lex later by someone not trying to over charge for it.

Congrats to those of you who love it, this is all just opinions and zero hate is coming from me. Funko will get my $31 some other way no doubt! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 pm

I thought year one was mostly great, but year 2 has been...not so much. At this point, I'm pretty certain the JL box will have an action figure...
Blargh!

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I look forward to the patches and pins from all of the boxes. Cycling these out makes me sad, even if only on a rotational basis.
Idk, I'm sticking with my sub...for now.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:I thought year one was mostly great, but year 2 has been...not so much. At this point, I'm pretty certain the JL box will have an action figure...
Blargh!

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I look forward to the patches and pins from all of the boxes. Cycling these out makes me sad, even if only on a rotational basis.
Idk, I'm sticking with my sub...for now.

I'm with you on the Justice League box. Especially after this one I'm expecting a monumental disappointment.

You are definitely not in the minority when it comes to patches and pins. You can't get everyone used to a patch and pin in every box from both LoC and other subscriptions and then suddenly dump it for stickers. If Funko is willing to screw with the formula this much, what the heck will happen in the future? I'm on the second year of my Founder/Hero subscription and at this point, I am heavily considering just cancelling it no matter how excellent the previous two boxes were.

As for the luggage tag, doesn't bother me as much because it's at least a POP item compared to the bland Death Star one. The box has two POPs so from a value standpoint it's sound to me. I would have preferred a Pint Size Hero like the Wonder Woman box but it isn't the biggest sin they could have done.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Chestnut

Postby Chestnut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:11 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I! NEED! PIN!!!!
Care about Better Mold; Don't Care about Older Vault. :hello1:
Number of Collections:
1). Kotobukiya: 31 Bishoujo & 26 ArtFx+
2). Funko: 400+ Pop & 96 Mystery Minis & 36 PSH & 13 Rock Candy
3). Qmx: Have all Q-figs excepet first version of Catwoman

IG: leslief622

Funko-Crazed

Postby Funko-Crazed » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:49 pm

In this box they listened to the fans by providing two pops, Lex Luthor and Bane. Many people wanted Lex, but Bane was clearly only included as an insurance policy - if no one wanted a Superman villan surely they'd like a Batman one. As for the pin situation I say that I didn't hear one person say "get rid of the pin". We always took it for granted that a pin would always be included, and it makes no sense to dump it. I like the shirt because it doesn't have the popified versions of the characters.

King Midas

Postby King Midas » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:24 pm

I don't care about the patches or pins or stickers and I really don't care about the luggage tag. I like the shirt a lot and even though Funko could have done someone other than Bane it is still a nice pop. Let's not forget we finally get Lex!

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 am

I hope replacing the pins for stickers doesn't become a trend for the other Funko boxes....

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am

I'm happy with the box overall. I never do anything with the patch and pin anyway, so I don't care that they swapped out the pin honestly. I totally get why others feel differently though. The shirt is OK. Last but not least, I understand why people are somewhat disappointed with the second Pop!, but any box with two Pops! is going to get my vote. On top of that, the second Pop! is pretty bada$$. I like variants so while I would have loved a new character, this works for me. Was it a "safe" box, for sure, but was it the worst box ever? Not even close.

kadeyfish

Postby kadeyfish » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:29 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Come on Funko, You were doing good here and you just butchered it like it was a goddamn chicken. First off, NO PIN??? For real?? Why would you even do that? And to replace it with stickers??? Worst possible decision. Secondly, a luggage tag? Because that first one in the SB box was received SO well? And yeah the Bane pop here is cooler than the common but it doesn't change the fact that WE JUST GOT BANE! No Atrocitus? No classic Captain Cold? No Yellow Suit Sinestro??? Christ, Funko!

Totally agree with everything you said. My thoughts exactly.

King Midas

Postby King Midas » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Idk maybe it's just me but I've loved getting these boxes since the beginning. Might be because I had Loot Crate for a couple of years before LoC started and I was lucky to get 1 thing I liked from each box much less a Pop and or a shirt I would wear. Some of the LoC boxes I've only kept the Pop and given everything else to bigger fans of the theme.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:31 am

Maybe it's just me or maybe I've become use to the LOC boxes being a bit off, but I do not mind this box.
I wish it was the patch missing and not the pin but honestly I do not do anything with either of them. Most of the time I give them away unless it is something really cool then I just put it away. I never actually use them.
I love both POPs! Yes we just got Bane but it was the animated series version and not the comic version. This Bane is very detailed and the pose is perfect. People have been asking for both of these POPs so I am surprised to see such a hate on Bane.
The stickers....well I'm not using them and have no one to give them to so they will probably get tossed. How is that any different from other box items? I have not kept a single action figure, home item, or hat....so tossing something is nothing new.
I really dig the shirt. Awesome job on the design team for that piece!
The luggage tag...I actually need a new one. My old one ripped off last time I was traveling so this works perfectly and helps me identify my suit case a little faster lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:48 pm

I thought the stickers were awesome, not sure I'd want them over a pin, but definitely over a comic, luggage tag or something else along those lines. Not crazy about the shirt since I like them when they scream Funko. Both Pops are awesome, I'm very glad we finally got a Alex Luthor one.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 pm

I feel the need to pick up Black Manta and the 66 Riddler now to start making a new set:

Start making the rest Funko including a comic version Sinestro. :mir1:

JorEl15

Postby JorEl15 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm rather happy with this box, Lex Luther finally getting a pop is long overdue. The shirt is good enough and the other things just get thrown in a box of things I have no use for.
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Got my box today and was reading the little insert and saw that they were considering excluding both the pin and patch in this box.
Kinda paves the way for future boxes knowing that both pins and patches are expendable.
What would they replace them with besides stickers? Buttons, temporary tattoos, shoe laces?

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 pm

reggieu wrote:Got my box today and was reading the little insert and saw that they were considering excluding both the pin and patch in this box.
Kinda paves the way for future boxes knowing that both pins and patches are expendable.
What would they replace them with besides stickers? Buttons, temporary tattoos, shoe laces?

Aglets. Obviously Aglets are the future.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 pm

I heard it's almost sold out..hurry guys
Image Image

mel

Postby mel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I got mine today.

I love the shirt and I'm keeping that, but going to unload those Pops. Mailing the stickers in a birthday comics package to my friend and will make use of the luggage tag. It's always nice to have a unique luggage tag to help you find your bag. Just don't put this one on your bag on a flight to comic-con LOL Probably a bunch of them there!
I'm a PBS Nerd!

Captain Ameripop

Postby Captain Ameripop » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am

I like the box overall - and even though those two characters are not really my favorite, they are still very cool Pops.

I am really bummed, believe it or not, about no PIN! I have a cool little framed cork board that I have every pin displayed on.

And again, no comic?? :( This makes two boxes in a row (MCC First Avengers) with no comic. Does nobody like reading anymore?? PLEASE bring back comics!!

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 am

I love this box simply for the Lex Luthor Pop! I wasn't really expecting the other character for the second Pop but I'm digging the sculpt and the pose. The comic book inspired tee is much appreciated just for a change of pace. Even though people are hating on the lack of a pin, I like the luggage tag and will put it to use.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Got my box today. Here are my thoughts:

The patch is superb. I'm constantly amazed by the quality of the patches, even when I'm not a fan of the character.
The sticker sheet is lame as an idea. The art is cool, but...
The luggage tag is very well made and will be used. I like it, but for the Love of God, Funko, no more Joker in the LoC!
The shirt is cool, but I'd have preferred modern costumes to the retro ones used. I'll wear it.
Both Pops are great, but neither is one I care about.

I think Funko did...ok, but nothing in the box really appeals to me personally.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:42 pm

reggieu wrote:Got my box today and was reading the little insert and saw that they were considering excluding both the pin and patch in this box.

If pins and patches are expendable, so is my subscription. I don't know why Funko is so deadset on fixing things that aren't broken.
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

King Midas

Postby King Midas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:43 am

People will complain regardless. Don't like it then don't buy it.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 am

I kinda like the luggage tag, I'll be adding it to my luggage for Comic Con to ID my bag in the carousel :D
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 am

DefNotBlitz wrote:

If pins and patches are expendable, so is my subscription. I don't know why Funko is so deadset on fixing things that aren't broken.

I remember they had those surveys awhile back about what you like or don't like in the box. I wonder if enough people didn't care/didn't like it so they cut them?
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:05 am

kihou wrote:
DefNotBlitz wrote:

I remember they had those surveys awhile back about what you like or don't like in the box. I wonder if enough people didn't care/didn't like it so they cut them?

From reading people's comments on social media, the vast majority are upset that they didn't include a pin. I just assumed that every box includes a patch & pin.
I'm thinking they went with stickers because it's cheaper to produce.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

reggieu wrote:
kihou wrote:
DefNotBlitz wrote:

From reading people's comments on social media, the vast majority are upset that they didn't include a pin. I just assumed that every box includes a patch & pin.

That's true, it's probably a lot cheaper. We'll have to see how they respond/react to the feedback for the next box.
ISO Mystery Minis!

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm

kihou wrote:
reggieu wrote:
kihou wrote:I remember they had those surveys awhile back about what you like or don't like in the box. I wonder if enough people didn't care/didn't like it so they cut them?

That's true, it's probably a lot cheaper. We'll have to see how they respond/react to the feedback for the next box.

My guess is they'll keep the pin but swap out the patch for stickers this time. #-o

Also when it comes to not liking it and not buying it, can't do that when I subscribed for a year. I've placed my trust in Funko and this year of boxes so far has been both an improvement and a disappointment. We're currently in the disappointment end of the spectrum. All they had to do was include a pin but they couldn't help themselves. You could say it was a linch pin to the boxes.

deejaylunchbox

Postby deejaylunchbox » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Is the box sold out? I slept on ordering in time and will just back order it when i order JL.

Unless anyone is looking to unload the 2nd pop :D
• Funko Fiends PSW President •
• Pøps.Føød.Shœs.Rεpεατ •
• there's no way everybody was Kung-Fu fighting •

ImageImage

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 pm

King Midas wrote:People will complain regardless. Don't like it then don't buy it.

Seriously this. If you can't handle the mystery just opt out and be done with it. We get two pops and people are mad about no pin? Yeah the stickers were kinda lame and and the luggage tag is meh but still an overall cool box. Two exclusive pops, a shirt, patch, and miscellaneous stuff for $33 shipped. That's a win in my book.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

cfmoran13

Postby cfmoran13 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 am

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:
King Midas wrote:People will complain regardless. Don't like it then don't buy it.

Seriously this. If you can't handle the mystery just opt out and be done with it. We get two pops and people are mad about no pin? Yeah the stickers were kinda lame and and the luggage tag is meh but still an overall cool box. Two exclusive pops, a shirt, patch, and miscellaneous stuff for $33 shipped. That's a win in my book.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty darn good box. The 2 Pops were a sweet surprise. My daughter opens each box with me. And, we finally got around to opening it last night. She was super excited to see there was a new one. It didn't bother her but I was a bit bummed there wasn't a pin. The pin and patch are the parts that she definitely gets to keep from each box. She was happy to see the Harley sticker and didn't say a thing about there not being one. Like I said, I was a little bummed. But, it's not something that would cause me to ever cancel.

Return to “Powered by Funko”