MCC Thor Ragnarok........

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Lilbrimer23

Re: MCC Thor Ragnarok........

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I can't ever remember getting MCC before seeing an unboxing. That will be exciting.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Don't kill me guys, but;

Spoiler: show
Apparently this box has a fidget spinner :-/
@EnlisgmanSDCC said so on his twitter. He had a video on his twitter, but it got cut short and he deleted it.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 pm

Dang, the one time I’m getting a package early and UPS doesn’t deliver it. Sorry, I guess I won’t have any spoilers today after all.

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 pm

That spoiler can’t be true.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Don't kill me guys, but;

Apparently this box has a fidget spinner :-/
@EnlisgmanSDCC said so on his twitter. He had a video on his twitter, but it got cut short and he deleted it.

Oh funko please no
- tauntaunking on instagram

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 am

Funko would not only be late to the party on that one but I can't imagine people would want it at all...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

I swear if that's true my only response will be...

I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:37 am

dad2my3 wrote:Still waiting on UPS! I’ll update as soon as it hits the porch.

Did UPS really not deliver yet? That's super strange.
Image Image Image Image

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am

jkcohen626 wrote:

Do different carriers deliver to different regions? Mines coming usps via DHL.
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 am

slim1977 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Do different carriers deliver to different regions? Mines coming usps via DHL.

I don't know if it's a regional thing or not, but all of my sub boxes have come the same; DHL transferred to USPS.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:34 am

dad2my3 wrote:That spoiler can’t be true.

Its true. And even so theres enough in the box that its not as big as a deal as people are making it out to be. lol

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:02 am

Geescube wrote:

Its true. And even so theres enough in the box that its not as big as a deal as people are making it out to be. lol

Has it been fully revealed somewhere???

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:17 am

Yeah go to the Englishman's twitter

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:47 am

Saw spoilers. Not upset that I passed on this. Not worth it just for Loki. I'm quite satisfied with just the Dorbz.
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Indigorose

Postby Indigorose » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am

I like the pops and apparel item enough to make the box worth it to me. The rest will likely go to my kids. I’ve never done that before. Even with the lame reaction figures in the DC boxes. Oh, except for the WW socks that were still hard to get on my 9 year old’s feet.

no patch? I don’t really do anything with them, but I have a collection of them. And I have zero interest in a fidget spinner. I really hope the beanie fits
Pops: 40
Rock Candy: 12
Mystery Minis: 4

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 am

Geescube wrote:

I dont think has much to do with the value. 2 exclusive pops even if they are lazy, is basically the $30. It's the random crap that no body wants that they put in. No shirt when one is supposed to be in every box. We have gotten two pops and a shirt in the past. I don't think the clothing item will cause the uproar, it's the other dollar store items they tossed in.

The person who decides what goes in the sub boxes should be fired.

No pin, no patch, and a pile of trash. These boxes are getting more like "loot crate" every month with the trash they are throwing in. With seeing the product lines funko is expanding too in this box, it is not surprising they are in debt.

Worst box since Guardians. They are probably gonna lose a lot of the casual/new collector subs with this one. Not happy I decided to keep my pin collection complete, only to find out got duped with some okay pops and leftovers from a 12 year Olds backpack, and no pin.

Value was decent here I guess, but that's about it. The movie boxes aren't funkos cup of tea it seems.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 am

Saw the spoilers, and I'm totally ok with not getting this box.

Would have liked Thor and the pin, but that's it. I'm ok with the Loki I have, and no patch or comic or shirt? Nah, I'm good. Hopefully the Hulk box is better! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am

1 or 2 Pops/Dorbz, a shirt, a pin, a patch, a comic book, THEN add the fluff fillers. Formula wasn't broken. No need to experiment on us. However, now I see why the reveal wasn't posted before the box closed. It would be easier and less disappointing to just buy the item I actually wanted from Ebay. At least they auto generate shipped emails in a timely manner.

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 am

FredKruger wrote:
Geescube wrote:

Hate to rain on your rant but there is a pin. There's been plenty enough spoilers with no spoiler tags so far so I'll let you figure it out for yourself, but there is a pin.

And to touch on the premise of your rant, some of us have kids who will love everything in this box. You're entitled to your opinion, but please don't try to speak for everyone when you rant, just makes you look salty.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:1 or 2 Pops/Dorbz, a shirt, a pin, a patch, a comic book, THEN add the fluff fillers. Formula wasn't broken. No need to experiment on us. However, now I see why the reveal wasn't posted before the box closed. It would be easier and less disappointing to just buy the item I actually wanted from Ebay. At least they auto generate shipped emails in a timely manner.

Agreed, pretty disappointed in this one.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am

Ok, so I didn't get this box, but I'll comment on the unboxing by the San Diego Englishman.
I'm not a Pop guy, but those Pops are insanely cool!
The pin is great, but no patch sucks.
The Magnets are kinda cool, I suppose.
Fidget spinners are, as a concept, absurd. But I have a 10yo granddaughter who,
of course, loves them and would die for this one.
Playing cards.....
The beanie. I've been patiently waiting for a beanie to show up, and this one doesn't disappoint....if it fits. Englishman said it runs small, and I have a big head, so that would suck. But why waste a Hulk item here, when the next box is Hulk?!?

Apparently Funko felt like this box should be aimed more toward children, as opposed to adult collectors. /shrug
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 am

Dupe.
Last edited by FredKruger on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am

FredKruger wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Hate to rain on your rant but there is a pin. There's been plenty enough spoilers with no spoiler tags so far so I'll let you figure it out for yourself, but there is a pin.

And to touch on the premise of your rant, some of us have kids who will love everything in this box. You're entitled to your opinion, but please don't try to speak for everyone when you rant, just makes you look salty.

It's a patch according to the insert, although looks like a pin. Everyone doesn't buy boxes to give away the contents, even to their kids. Kids love everything, that in no way excuses the clearance items they threw in the box. You are entitled to your opinion, but please don't tell me my opinion it makes you look foolish.[/quote]

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:46 am

I'm actually excited to watch the official unboxing video. They've gotta "hype" up the items, which looks really hard to do.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:55 am

This is the first MCC box that I'm disappointed in...
I love the Pop!s since I don't have either of the commons already but the rest is just meh. I never wear beanies so that will never get any use although I don't mind the design. The cards, spinner, and magnets will probably never leave the box. I hate that they have messed with the pin and patch formula after we already have so many of them. I get they are trying to experiment with the boxes but if it isn't broke don't fix it. Still happy I got the box for the two Pop!'s but the rest is just filler.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 am

Definitely not your traditional box but aside from one of the items I'm fine with everything else being in there.

The spinner I could 100% live with out, no need to replace it just take it out of the box lol

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 am

So it seems that I actually like this box more than most (as is usual).

-POPs are great. They represent two of the main character's' most iconic looks from the movie and I'm okay with one being a re-tool because the other is a completely new mold.

-I'm happy that between the pin and the patch, it was the patch that was left out because I never do anything with the patches, but the pins are lined up at the front of my MCC displays.

-I like the beanie and i know a bunch of people thought there might be one in this box. It'll be perfect for camping out at Comic-Con, supposing it fits.

-I actually don't mind the playing cards. always used to play card games with my family and at summer camp. I just wish they were POP cards because I like the designs of the POP cads and there are enough POPs in the line to fill a deck.

-I really like these magnets. Everything from Funko always uses the POP desn, so it's nice to see the mystery minis take the spotlight. I do think that these could have been buttons and I would have enjoyed them more.

-as far as the fidget spinner, I actually like the design,, but I already have 1 from Oracle OpenWorld and one i know I will get one from an event I planned this coming weekend, so it was a bit unnecessary for me.
Image Image Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

FredKruger wrote:I dont think has much to do with the value. 2 exclusive pops even if they are lazy, is basically the $30. It's the random crap that no body wants that they put in. No shirt when one is supposed to be in every box. We have gotten two pops and a shirt in the past. I don't think the clothing item will cause the uproar, it's the other dollar store items they tossed in.

No pin, no patch, and a pile of trash. These boxes are getting more like "loot crate" every month with the trash they are throwing in. With seeing the product lines funko is expanding too in this box, it is not surprising they are in debt.

Worst box since Guardians. They are probably gonna lose a lot of the casual/new collector subs with this one. Not happy I decided to keep my pin collection complete, only to find out got duped with some okay pops and leftovers from a 12 year Olds backpack, and no pin.

Value was decent here I guess, but that's about it. The movie boxes aren't funkos cup of tea it seems.

Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but I'm pretty sure Funko's in debt because they just made an amazing HQ and sent out 5,000 Freddys to their fans for free.

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am

I'm pleased with the content in this box. I'm glad they didn't go the SB route by putting the two POPs in and calling it quits.
-The POPs are cool, especially since I haven't bought the commons.
- The clothing item will be pretty handy considering the seasons are changing.
-The fidget spinner makes me want to hurl. Absolutely disgusted by Funko to put one in this box. Don't they know I hate fidget spinners?--Magnets are cool and I WILL put them on the fridge.
-I know people who collect decks of cards, so they might get mine in this box. Maybe.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 am

I dig the pops, everything else I will probably give out to the kids I work with.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 am

Thoughts

I love Funko Hats - I now own all of their Hats released via Boxes and I was hoping that I'd see a Toque - but that seems way too small. I guess you can put the fidget spinner on top and call it an actual Beanie. :razz:

I don't need a shirt every month and I don't think a shirt is needed every month. I am excited for the cards, magnets are fine and the fidget spinner would be beloved by my neice - just wished the toque was bigger.

Toque.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 am

FredKruger wrote: No shirt when one is supposed to be in every box.

"Boxes may have shirts, hats, scarves or other apparel items."
https://www.collectorcorps.com/how-it-works

If people are so salty, let me know if you don't want your Guardians Scarf - I missed that one.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Has Funko officially jumped the shark with these boxes? I understand they want to experiment with the formula but this and the Most Wanted box from LoC are completely discouraging me from continuing my LoC hero subscription. Who the heck thought people wanted playing cards and magnets? Neither of these are stylized vinyl products, they're just Funko branded products. Absolute disaster IMO.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 am

Jezter wrote:Saw the spoilers, and I'm totally ok with not getting this box.

Would have liked Thor and the pin, but that's it. I'm ok with the Loki I have, and no patch or comic or shirt? Nah, I'm good. Hopefully the Hulk box is better! :D

My buddy texted me with what the spoilers were for the box and I thought he was jerking my chain at first than went over to Reddit to see the pics, lol.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Classier wrote:
FredKruger wrote:I dont think has much to do with the value. 2 exclusive pops even if they are lazy, is basically the $30. It's the random crap that no body wants that they put in. No shirt when one is supposed to be in every box. We have gotten two pops and a shirt in the past. I don't think the clothing item will cause the uproar, it's the other dollar store items they tossed in.

Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but I'm pretty sure Funko's in debt because they just made an amazing HQ and sent out 5,000 Freddys to their fans for free.

They are millions in debt, probably a combo of both honestly.

They have been expanding to a lot of new lines, new equipment etc.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Toronto wrote:
FredKruger wrote: No shirt when one is supposed to be in every box.

"Boxes may have shirts, hats, scarves or other apparel items."
https://www.collectorcorps.com/how-it-works

If people are so salty, let me know if you don't want your Guardians Scarf - I missed that one.

Lol at the kids and their "salty term. I've been subscribed for all MCC boxes, and they changed the description due to inferior products in the guardians box. The scarfs are going for about $8 on ebay at the moment.

Bottom line, 2 exclusive pops is close to $30 so not too bad. If box had a shirt, wouldn't be as much disappointment.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 pm

DefNotBlitz wrote:
Has Funko officially jumped the shark with these boxes? I understand they want to experiment with the formula but this and the Most Wanted box from LoC are completely discouraging me from continuing my LoC hero subscription. Who the heck thought people wanted playing cards and magnets? Neither of these are stylized vinyl products, they're just Funko branded products. Absolute disaster IMO.

Fully in agreement. Not a good sign going forward.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:32 pm

popfanboy wrote:This is the first MCC box that I'm disappointed in...
I love the Pop!s since I don't have either of the commons already but the rest is just meh. I never wear beanies so that will never get any use although I don't mind the design. The cards, spinner, and magnets will probably never leave the box. I hate that they have messed with the pin and patch formula after we already have so many of them. I get they are trying to experiment with the boxes but if it isn't broke don't fix it. Still happy I got the box for the two Pop!'s but the rest is just filler.

Well put.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 pm

I'll seriously only be keeping the pops from this box. I know it's rather insignificant but I can't tell you how mad I am there's no patch. And the rest of that nonsensical crap...I don't think I need to explain why that's terrible.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Well I don't hate the box, but I'm glad I quit subscribing and just pick up the ones I really love. Happy to pass on this one. That said, I do appreciate that they're trying to think outside the box on the contents....

... but I think it's a huge missed opportunity that the playing cards only have art on the back. And magnets, for what? The fridge? They don't even stick anymore now that stainless steel is so popular lol The cap is OK. And if you're going to do a fidget spinner then good grief, at least make it cool and interesting and not like the other ten million cheap plastic junk ones out there.

Classier wrote:Sorry to burst your little bubble here, but I'm pretty sure Funko's in debt because they just made an amazing HQ and sent out 5,000 Freddys to their fans for free.

Let's not forget Nerd Block owes them 1/4 million dollars!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/18 ... nycc-150k/

But I guess all of that is small potatoes to a company that generates 425 million in revenue a year!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Powered by Funko”