MCC Thor Ragnarok........

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mysta_Rabbit

Re: MCC Thor Ragnarok........

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Unboxing video is finally up:
https://youtu.be/ikGAoYddxOU

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:30 pm

I like how creative they are getting with the boxes. Oddly enough I really want the
Spoiler: show
fidget spinner
and will have to try to trade for it.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:42 pm

pretty cool stuff little dissapointed i didnt pull the trigger but NYCC killed my wallet lol

Marquetry

Postby Marquetry » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:01 pm

I really despise that fad, and so upset they're tarnishing the box with one. I wish it was a normal 2 figures and shirt box.. at least the figures are ones I like, it's my first Loki.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 pm

I actually really want this box. Maybe I can get my hands on it later on.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 pm

newhousebailey wrote:I like how creative they are getting with the boxes. Oddly enough I really want the
fidget spinner

Dude, you can have ours.

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm pretty happy with this box personally, it's cool there's two Pops and I love them both and
I don't have a problem with the fidget spinner, cards, or magnets. I buy silly Marvel stuff all the time, and already have a Cap fidget spinner, cards from several of the films, and a Black Widow magnet, so these are all up my alley. The only thing I won't really have use for is the Hulk beanie, but I'm sure I'll find someone to give it to as a present. Would've been nice to get a shirt on it with the whole gang, ala the Vol 2 one, but you can't have everything I guess.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 pm

It's not the greatest box ever but I don't mind the contents.
My wife always keeps a deck of Pop cards in her purse for when we go out for beers and switches between DC, Marvel and TMNT. If the beanie doesn't fit me I can possibly send it to my 4 1/2 year old nephew. He likes all superheroes and has a smaller head than me. I have 1 fidget spinner myself that is metal and looks like Captain America's shield so if I don't keep it, it may go to my 9 year old niece who has 4 already. A shirt would have been nice but that's ok
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

[llO_oll]7

Postby [llO_oll]7 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Oh man that thor pop!! should have subscribed for this months box!!
Kevin @[llO_oll]7
ImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Blasted
fidget spinner!!!!!!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:45 pm

After seeing the unboxing video the box is growing on me. The beanie actually looked really cool on them so if I didn't live in Florida I'd probably wear it out. I'll take it when I go back home up north for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The other three items I still don't have a use for but that's fine. The Pop!s look so much cooler out of the box so that makes me happy. Not my favorite box but not as bad as I first thought.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:52 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I actually really want this box. Maybe I can get my hands on it later on.

Trust me, you will be able to get your hands on this box for real cheap.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm

newhousebailey wrote:I like how creative they are getting with the boxes. Oddly enough I really want the
fidget spinner

You could probably get that for like a dollar.
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 pm

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:I'm pretty happy with this box personally, it's cool there's two Pops and I love them both and
I don't have a problem with the fidget spinner, cards, or magnets. I buy silly Marvel stuff all the time, and already have a Cap fidget spinner, cards from several of the films, and a Black Widow magnet, so these are all up my alley. The only thing I won't really have use for is the Hulk beanie, but I'm sure I'll find someone to give it to as a present. Would've been nice to get a shirt on it with the whole gang, ala the Vol 2 one, but you can't have everything I guess.

I agree with just about everything you said. I actually don't mind the Hulk Beanie, but from what i've heard, it'll probably be too small.
Image Image Image Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I actually really want this box. Maybe I can get my hands on it later on.

Not with the Pops included lol but hopefully they're not different enough to warrant being more than ~$15 a piece.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:

Not with the Pops included lol but hopefully they're not different enough to warrant being more than ~$15 a piece.

At this point may be worth holding out until Black Friday and see if they run the 50% off on old stock again.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 pm

mohawkjones wrote:At this point may be worth holding out until Black Friday and see if they run the 50% off on old stock again.

I forgot they did that last year! I don't know if this box sold out but maybe it'll sit around long enough for me to try.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Now that we've seen a second experimental box, I am wondering if we'll see another nice and long survey about it. I think that would be a great idea, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Image Image Image Image

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 am

The Pops are nice, and I actually kind of like the wearable, but the rest is an absolute joke, including the worst item ever put into a Funko subscription box, the
fidget spinner

I really hate those things. I'm glad I didn't order this box. If I had I would of immediately tossed that piece of crap right in the garbage can.

I'm worried that a box like this could deal significant damage to Funko's subscription box side of the business. I have to imagine they will get significantly more cancellations than subscriptions. I hope they get their act together and take the boxes more seriously, but this is the box that is causing me to immediately quit looking at the MCC as something I would consider buying in the future, and I might stay away from all of them now. The spoiler item above was the final straw for me. There's nothing that would make me more mad than getting that.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:The spoiler item above was the final straw for me. There's nothing that would make me more mad than getting that.

Still think the GotG Christmas ornaments were worse than the spoiler item. :D That whole box was horrible. Got rid of everything but the patch and the pin.

PopGoestheJess

Postby PopGoestheJess » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 am

I might just get Loki from ebay. Even if he does run around $30-35, at least I won't be stuck with a bunch of other crap that I don't want. :roflmao:
Team Dorbz 4 Life
100th Pop! : False God Superman, 100th Dorbz: LOC Two-Face
10/27/17 Pre-Christmas Cometh!

Indigorose

Postby Indigorose » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 am

I hate those stupid reaction figures in the LOC boxes and I don’t really get DC boxes anymore. However, when they include 2 pops, I don’t mind experimental crap so much. Then I feel like I still got value out of the box and hopefully they learn that their market does not want certain things. I do feel like they shouldn’t have piled all their experiments in one box.
if they’d subbed out the fidget spinner for the patch I think there’d be fewer complaints
Pops: 40
Rock Candy: 12
Mystery Minis: 4

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 am

cheekylyssa wrote:
fidget spinner

Dude, you can have ours.

Thanks. Another Funatic is mailing me one so I am good to go. Really appreciate the offer and the kindness of folk here. :)
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

tjtich

Postby tjtich » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 am

I really like this box! 2 Cool Pops and some different stuff. I'm digging on the playing cards and the magnets. I think Funko did a good job. There will always be whiners and complainers. As long as there's 2 Pops in a box I'll probably always be happy, everything else is a bonus.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 pm

After watching the video, I'm more confident that the wearable will fit me. Might have to track one down.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Mikey13Loco

Postby Mikey13Loco » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:54 pm

Really glad i got the box, not only for the two Pops

My cat likes playing with a Fidget spinner, but my last one broke, so this is a win. Also needed a new deck of cards. So i'm pretty happy with it all...

Not sure what to expect for the next box, and the Pop! in that.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 pm

show us a vid. Never heard of a cat being able to use one of those!!

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 am

So much fidget spinner hate :(
I'll gladly take one of someone's hands if they really don't want it :)

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 am

Got my box today. The pops are REALLY awesome so it's hard to be mad at that and the pin is displayed on my wall but everything else is up for sale to whoever's interested.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 am

Chase Variant wrote:
HaloHawk87 wrote:The spoiler item above was the final straw for me. There's nothing that would make me more mad than getting that.

Still think the GotG Christmas ornaments were worse than the spoiler item. :D That whole box was horrible. Got rid of everything but the patch and the pin.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, I had put this box out of my mind. Where's the puke emoji when you need it?

TheBoilerman wrote:After watching the video, I'm more confident that the wearable will fit me. Might have to track one down.

If you really want, you can have ours.

emoagogo wrote:So much fidget spinner hate :(
I'll gladly take one of someone's hands if they really don't want it :)

I really don't want it. You can take ours.

I don't need more stuff to go into the bins of trade/sell/giveaway/whatisthiscrapanyway. :D

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:28 am

Remember when Funko said these boxes weren't going to have any filler in them? yea......

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 am

My favorite thing = fidget spinner lol
I actually really like this box <3

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

honestly I'll forgive them for the fidget spinner because at least that has POP art on it. But there's no excuse for those cards. Listen, I love Andy Park and Ryan Meinerding's art, but I buy a Funko box for Funko stuff.

These last two boxes were both big missed opportunities for Funko to start making some Avengers Pint Size Heroes. We could have easily had Ant-man and Wasp PSH in the last box and this box could have included some combination of Thor, Loki, Hulk, Valkyrie, and Hela PSH. Actually they could have thrown out the magnets and the cards altogether and given us Valkyrie and Hela PSH, making it so all the main characters would have an item in the box.
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

Mikey13Loco

Postby Mikey13Loco » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 pm

Geescube wrote:show us a vid. Never heard of a cat being able to use one of those!!

He doesn't hold it ofcourse, but he just spins it when its on the floor... my cat is just weird like that. I'll link a video when i have that hated MCC fidget spinner :D

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:17 pm

I just tried my beanie and it fits comfortably. So this is officially a good box. I have two Pops (although I would’ve preferred Skurge or Miek) and a wearable, so I’m happy. Everything else is just gravy.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 am

So this is only my 3rd MCC box, but I was actually really happy with it. The pops are pretty darn cool, and the
beanie is probably my favorite wearable out of what I've gotten (I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with beanies!). And I LOVE the magnets -
can never find fun Marvel magnets, and these fit the bill for me! The cards and fidget spinner entertained me as oddities, so I'm good with them as well.

Overall, this box made me glad I subscribed, and will keep me subscribing, but I can understand why some people weren't happy with the non-pop items.
Image ImageImage Image

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Well, my son was thrilled with the beanie and fidget spinner. The Pops were great, and the magnets will go on the fridge. I would have loved more artwork variety with the deck of cards, front and back.

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:11 pm

For this Box, the Spinner did it :D Seriously though.... fair box... not really a fan of thor variants lately...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Anyone else's Loki come with a severely bent leg? REALLY tired of the poor quality control.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I got my box today and I know this box has been getting a lot of hate but I like it.
we got 2 pops (I haven't bought any Ragnarok pops yet), the beanie actually fits my big head so I can wear it to work this winter, the magnets I will put on the fridge, the cards my wife and I will use when we go out for beers and the fidget spinner actually has quite a bit of weight to it. When I look for pops at Walmart they are right by the fidget spinners and I always spin them while I'm looking and they feel light weight but the one from the box is a little heavy.

For people hating the box the next box looks great and you can check the spoilers on that thread :D
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Return to “Powered by Funko”