LOC November Justice League Movie

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
angusfan1986

Re: LOC November Justice League Movie

Postby angusfan1986 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:50 am

great pop, hope it comes with 2 pops

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Pretty happy with the spoiler and assumed it was going to be that. I too hope we get a shirt because I love wearing my Funko shirts to the movies.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:27 am

I have to admit, I did not have much hope for this box but that POP is really cool
Hopefully the rest of the box comes together
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:01 am

I had not planned on ordering, but that pop now requires it. Hopefully the rest of the box is equally as awesome. Can't wait for it to get here! :bounce:
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Jcabernathy

Postby Jcabernathy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Funko on Facebook asked who we want the second Pop to be.

Confirms a second Pop as the other “figure” previously mentioned.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:24 am

Jcabernathy wrote:Funko on Facebook asked who we want the second Pop to be.

Well that sucks. Was really hoping for a Mera Rock Candy. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer a variety of Funko Vinyl products.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

Jcabernathy

Postby Jcabernathy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 am

TheBoilerman wrote:

Well that sucks. Was really hoping for a Mera Rock Candy. I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer a variety of Funko Vinyl products.

I’m in it for the Pops so it’s a great deal for me. I only collect a few Dorbz of the figures I can’t afford in Pop form.

Funko PHOnatic

Postby Funko PHOnatic » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 am

That sounds like a risky way to disappoint a ton of fans assuming they've already produced the other figure lol

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 am

The spoiler looks awesome but I can live without it thankfully.

Spoiler: show
If the second pop ends up being Steppenwolf THEN I'll be upset. lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Well thanks to DC all access, I'm upset. lol lol They revealed the contents of the box and I now wish I could afford it.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Soooo glad I renewed at the last second last night, now the waiting game begins

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:16 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:

I'm with you! I was really hoping we would get a Hela Rock Candy figure in the Thor box too! She would have been perfect.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Copying from reddit, the other items in the box not shown are

Wonder Woman cup

No patch :(

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm

reggieu wrote:Copying from reddit, the other items in the box not shown are

Wonder Woman cup

Im a lil sad about the patch I was hoping for a red flash patch that I could put on my bag

if you know, is it like a wonder woman mug or is it more of a pint glass
- tauntaunking on instagram

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Beats a fidget spinner anytime. I'm excited for this box. Now I just have to make sure I cancel before the next one - pass on Teen Titans.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Well, the shirt is sweet. Couldn't get a good look at the pin. The Pops are nice. A pad of paper and a plastic cup?!?

Definitely can't say these boxes are "filler free" anymore. Stop, Funko, just stop.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:22 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
Well, the shirt is sweet. Couldn't get a good look at the pin. The Pops are nice. A pad of paper and a plastic cup?!?

Definitely can't say these boxes are "filler free" anymore. Stop, Funko, just stop.

I second the notion

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:30 pm

opopssum wrote:

Wonder Woman cup

Im a lil sad about the patch I was hoping for a red flash patch that I could put on my bag

It's a hard clear plastic cup with a lid and a red straw. Probably pint glass size

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm

reggieu wrote:
opopssum wrote:

Wonder Woman cup

It's a hard clear plastic cup with a lid and a red straw. Probably pint glass size

Ah that sounds like something I will use, not too bad

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 pm

The notepad is downright insulting. This is cheap dollar store filler, as is the cheap plastic tumbler. Remember when they actually had Funko items in the boxes instead of just Funko branded items?

"Oh but there's two POPs so it's a huge success!"

It's not, at all. If Smuggler's Bounty can do double POP boxes and not bog the whole thing down with useless filler, then LoC also should be able to as well. As for the lack of a patch, Funko needs to stop with this crap. I want and expect a patch and a pin like every other box before the last two. This is a very negative trend for the box as a whole and unless the Teen Titans box is January is amazing, I won't be around for year 3. If it's Teen Titans Go, I'm cancelling immediately.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Can't wait to get my box now especially after that steppenwolf reveal

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:16 pm

WHY DO THEY SUDDENLY HATE PATCHES??? Have they been receiving complaints about them or something? Because they sure as hell aren't from me or apparently anyone else that I've seen. So confused by this terrible, terrible decision to not include them lately.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 pm

DefNotBlitz wrote:
The notepad is downright insulting. This is cheap dollar store filler, as is the cheap plastic tumbler. Remember when they actually had Funko items in the boxes instead of just Funko branded items?

"Oh but there's two POPs so it's a huge success!"

It's not, at all. If Smuggler's Bounty can do double POP boxes and not bog the whole thing down with useless filler, then LoC also should be able to as well. As for the lack of a patch, Funko needs to stop with this crap. I want and expect a patch and a pin like every other box before the last two. This is a very negative trend for the box as a whole and unless the Teen Titans box is January is amazing, I won't be around for year 3. If it's Teen Titans Go, I'm cancelling immediately.

I agree wholeheartedly. The LoC box values have been pretty poor this year, especially when they think they're doing us a favor with 2 Pops. Remember, these boxes are supposed to carry a 50$ value. This filler crap ain't getting it there.

And yeah, I'm out if its Go, also.

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:37 pm

TheBoilerman wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. The LoC box values have been pretty poor this year, especially when they think they're doing us a favor with 2 Pops. Remember, these boxes are supposed to carry a 50$ value. This filler crap ain't getting it there.

And yeah, I'm out if its Go, also.

Man, they were going on a good trend with the Wonder Woman and BTAS boxes, last two have completely destroyed any trust and faith the last two helped build for me. I was already debating my subscription last year until the Batman Villains and DC Legacy boxes (the Suicide Squad and Women of DC boxes were disappointments to me personally and they both look fantastic in comparison now) but this time it's all on Teen Titans.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 pm

outside of the pops i'd say it's a pretty weak box. at least we get a pin with this one, but i want more pop art on the shirts. it looks like something you can pick up at the store. the other stuff is a bad joke.
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

Jcabernathy

Postby Jcabernathy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:13 pm

I actually like the box. Not a fan of the paper pad.. especially since that’s why we didn’t get a patch.

For me a simple winning combination is:

Pin, patch, T-shirt, and two Pops

I understand why they do what they do. Im a Pop collector so I’d say that the Pops are what drives me to buy the box. If getting two means getting some less than quality fillers, I’m kind of OK with it. I have a pin and patch display for LoC that I really want to keep going but I only started that because I was ordering the box to gat the Pops. If getting two or one really good Pop (Mr Freeze) means I have to sacrifice the pin or patch.. I guess I’m ok with it. Not ideal, but I’m ok with it.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm glad I'm going to get help with this box. I don't mind the secondary "filler" items that much, but I do see where people are coming from that are unhappy about them. I really love the Aquaman Pop though, and the shirt and other extra item. I can't wait to take Aquaman off his base and replace him with Moana or other water based characters for fun.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:43 am

I made the mistake of forgetting to remove the auto renew after the first year. I will not be making that mistake again.
This was my only sub until Disney hit and jumped in 100% with the founders sub. This box has declined to a horrible degree. They started to make it right with a box or two but it is not worth a full year sub.
Month by month for me going forward.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

bonnjer

Postby bonnjer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:24 pm

My box just arrived. It got here astoundingly fast. I LOVE the shirt. Will be wearing that to the movie in two weeks. The pops are good. I was hoping for a black suit Superman, but can't always get what you want I suppose. The rest is meh.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm

Pops are great, shirt is Ok. I'm not a pin guy, but I've come to expect it so no biggie there. I'm sorry, but the other two items are crap IMHO.

If I recall correctly, in their blurb advertising the boxes on their site, I think they say "no filler, no fluff." Well, I think they need to take that statement out now...

Jcabernathy

Postby Jcabernathy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 am

The cup is actually made quite well. My daughter (13) loves it.

The Pops are exceptional. I know some people wanted Steppenwolf holding his ax but it’s a rather detailed Pop despite that omission. And the Aquaman Pop May be the best one they’ve given in any box. Great details in his hair, tattooes, and the water just sets it off.

Lack of patch is disappointing. But since we didn’t get a pin in Most Wanted, I’ll put them together in my LoC shadowbox. Hope this is the end of the pin OR patch and they get back to giving us both.

Notepad was trash. Gave it to my son (9) and despite some initial amazement of a gift, it’s sittinf where he left it a day later.

Overall, probably one of the best boxes they’ve done. The lack of patch to include a notepad was the biggest disappointment. Since I’ve put together a nice display of pins and patches from this box it would have been better for me to have a patch instead of the cup and notepad.

Two quality Pop, pin, patch, and shirt would have been the best possible box.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Got my box today and my initial assessment holds: the Pops and shirt are nice. I personally find the Aquaman concept absurd, but his Pop is stellar. The pin looks more like Owlman than Batman, but it is pretty nice. The dollar store filler items hack me off. Definitely not what I subscribe for. Again, like the WW box, the value isn't here.

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:59 pm

What a disaster, another box with nothing but filler, filler, filler. I was afraid one of the pops was going to be Steppenwolf. I could not care less about the generic villain in what will surely be another Zack Snyder nightmare. Thats MCC cancelled after the fidget spinner debacle and now LoC.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Glad I passed on this one. Not a fan of the shirt, and as Batman-only guy, the Pops aren't my speed. The second Pop looks great, though. For me, this is the worst offering to date.

Really looking forward to Teen Titans, though. Any items I don't want there, my two daughters will snatch up. They're big Teen Titans Go fans.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 pm

If the box has a shirt, then I would really prefer the artwork to be pop centric and not So basic in design that it looks like it came from any mall kiosk. I kind of feel like funko doesn't want to canabalize their retail t shirt sales and that's why they have moved to this basic looking art. If they continue to do this, I would rather they scrap the shirts altogether and simply reallocate the funds towards an actual funko product.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 pm

ghostrye wrote:If the box has a shirt, then I would really prefer the artwork to be pop centric and not So basic in design that it looks like it came from any mall kiosk. I kind of feel like funko doesn't want to canabalize their retail t shirt sales and that's why they have moved to this basic looking art. If they continue to do this, I would rather they scrap the shirts altogether and simply reallocate the funds towards an actual funko product.

Completely agree with everything above. If the t-shirt isn't going to be pop-centric, then scrap it for a QUALITY (not a pad of paper) Funko product. I'm really sad to see the LoC box be so weak. Two pops are great (and appreciated), but don't say "no-filler" if you are going to give me a pad of paper.

Grail: Batman Freddy
Desperately want: Flashpoint Batman, SDCC Blue Batman.

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:25 am

Notepads are weak..
Steppenwolf is meh
Aquaman made box worth it
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:00 am

Did anyone get a piece of paper saying what the next box will be or the process of design? Not a biggie, just wondering if this is going to be omitted now, or if it was just missing from my box.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 am

GraphicSilence wrote:Did anyone get a piece of paper saying what the next box will be or the process of design? Not a biggie, just wondering if this is going to be omitted now, or if it was just missing from my box.

Other than them announcing it in the unboxing video, my box had no indication of the next them either.

GraphicSilence

Postby GraphicSilence » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
GraphicSilence wrote:Did anyone get a piece of paper saying what the next box will be or the process of design? Not a biggie, just wondering if this is going to be omitted now, or if it was just missing from my box.

Other than them announcing it in the unboxing video, my box had no indication of the next them either.

I wonder why they aren't doing it anymore.

Return to “Powered by Funko”