December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Pintacular

Re: December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Postby Pintacular » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 pm

After watching all past Disney Treasures reveals I finally splurged for a full year subscription. What a disappointment. Bambi and the tin were the only items vaugely resembling previous boxes.

I purchased a Disney Funko box to collect exclusive Disney Funko Vinyls — not socks, a cookie cutter, or a thermos. These items all look like they were purchased at a Disney outlet store.

jonathan197628

Postby jonathan197628 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 am

sdcccrasher wrote:
Myssa428 wrote:I ENJOYED the December Disney subscription box. I appreciated that Funko put completely new items in the box and not your typical subscription box formula of items. I’ll probably never use the cookie cutter, but I thought it was a nice addition. Christmas themed socks-awesome; Bambi on ice-super cute; thermos-practical. As always, the sum of the individual items are more than the cost of the box. Overall, I’m very happy with this box.

We received ours today. We love it. I purposely held off on commenting until the box arrived. My daughter and granddaughters (3, 5, 7) are using the cookie cutter to make a couple dozen sugar cookies which they will add sprinkles and frosting. If the socks don't fit me, then I am going to use them as hand warmers when I go out for walks in the cold (SDCC preparation). Bambi is precious and I like the thermos too.I agree that the variation in this box is great and we hope that we will have additional wearing apparel in the future. Thanks Funko! =D>

My wife and I are planing to make cookies with cookie cutter late this week as well.

jonathan197628

Postby jonathan197628 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Funko PHOnatic wrote:I don't hate this box as much as a lot of other people seem to do, I'm really hoping my pop doesn't get damaged by some of the other items in the box though..

I am with you as well. I don't hate this box at all. It is like people expect something and they don't get it and get all mad. I don't expect anything but a Pop and appreciative of everything I am given in the box. It is supposed to be a surprise.

I love your attitude. I have been happy with every disney treasures box. I mean the items are Disney. What is there not to like?

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm

jonathan197628 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Funko PHOnatic wrote:I don't hate this box as much as a lot of other people seem to do, I'm really hoping my pop doesn't get damaged by some of the other items in the box though..

I am with you as well. I don't hate this box at all. It is like people expect something and they don't get it and get all mad. I don't expect anything but a Pop and appreciative of everything I am given in the box. It is supposed to be a surprise.

I love your attitude. I have been happy with every disney treasures box. I mean the items are Disney. What is there not to like?

Definitely guilty of its Disney what is there not to like. My wife and I love everything Disney. We have been to Disneyland with our annual passes 80+ times since 2014. It isn't because we live in Anaheim. We live down in San Diego, so its a 1.5 hour drive. If were near anaheim, I am positive we would be there almost every night after work. We are obsessed with Disney.
Collecting since 2014

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
jonathan197628 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Definitely guilty of its Disney what is there not to like. My wife and I love everything Disney. We have been to Disneyland with our annual passes 80+ times since 2014. It isn't because we live in Anaheim. We live down in San Diego, so its a 1.5 hour drive. If were near anaheim, I am positive we would be there almost every night after work. We are obsessed with Disney.

I can't imagine ever stopping purchasing Disney Treasures. I've loved each box and can't wait for this next one.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
jonathan197628 wrote:

I can't imagine ever stopping purchasing Disney Treasures. I've loved each box and can't wait for this next one.

I will definitely not stop purchasing Disney Treasures.
Collecting since 2014

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
chincoteague1 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I will definitely not stop purchasing Disney Treasures.

Well, that makes two of us.

kammra

Postby kammra » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:31 am

My box arrived this afternoon and I have to say this is the first one that really shocked me. First, I'll start off by saying that I had absolutely no idea what was in this month's sub. I never looked at a reveal, spoiler, nadda. I wanted a complete surprise this time around. Ya know like a Christmas present! I had figured for the most part it would be similar to past boxes. So, the Snowflake Mountain theme had me dreaming up all kinds of stuff. Not hoping or expecting anything specific but what was revealed to me was nothing I was super..uhmm... wowed? about.

Pop-Bambi is cute, but I have 2 Bambi's. Still he is unique with his action pose.

Tin and mini- I love the tins. I love winter outfit Belle. Hate that she came with an extra glob?? of vinyl on the front of her dress. Ugh. Anyone know a fix for that??

Socks- I do love NBC and Snowman Jack. I'm not a big wearer of holiday themed things, but crazy enough, I love these and just *might* wear them. But... filler stuff.

Cookie cutter- uh. ok. Filler stuff.

Thermos- I was actually so dumbfounded by this that I actually opened it and looked inside thinking something was in there like it was a unique vessel for another mini or something and took me a good minute to realize it was just a thermos. Duh. Silly me.
Mickey and Minnie are on it too?? Where??? (Insert sarcasam here )Again, more filler stuff.

Patch- Scrooge is Christmas themed but odd choice for the box theme to me.

Pin- A-noth-er Olaf item. Could have been another character or the cookie cutter could have been.

Way too many missed opportunities here this time around.
Also, The map and info pamplet was weird too this time. It has been bigger and tri-fold and I enjoy them and this time it just looked like an afterthought Xerox copy that they took the original and printed smaller and just folded it in half like quick instructions that come with some items you purchase. Kinda sloppy.

All in all, Seems like they rushed putting this together perhaps something didn't work out in time or as planned and they had to come up with a fix fast. Not what any other box has been like. I'm all for trying new things to be put into boxes but I wasn't thinking they would go with so much filler. One filler item, like the Zero Halloween bag in the last box, is acceptable.
I didn't sign up for this sub so I could receive a bunch of filler stuff. If this is what is to be of future boxes, I'll probably cancel.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:47 pm

I actually enjoy the thermos, but I think it would have been more "Funko" if the Mickey and Minnie looked like Pop characters instead of the more traditional art style. It would make it more unique, and less like something I could go get at the Disney Store.

Return to “Powered by Funko”