December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 pm

nascar246788 wrote:They pushed my box to be delivered from Monday to Tuesday. I am growing impatient and can't wait to see this box. I don't watch spoilers so that I can lean to be patient.

At least your box has shipped. Mine still hasn't. :(
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

mel

Postby mel » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Has there not been an unboxing anywhere for this yet?
I'm a PBS Nerd!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:01 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:They pushed my box to be delivered from Monday to Tuesday. I am growing impatient and can't wait to see this box. I don't watch spoilers so that I can lean to be patient.

That is interesting. I hope it ships soon.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:02 pm

mel wrote:Has there not been an unboxing anywhere for this yet?

I haven't seen one yet..
Collecting since 2014

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:

That is interesting. I hope it ships soon.

Thanks! Me too. [-o<
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Getting antsy here for either some kind of hint/another spoiler... or the box to get here. Aghh... the lag.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:12 pm

Spoiler: show
Whyyyyyy multiple Olafs? :mad:
Where is Thumper?! Shouldve been a Bambi and Thumper moments! T.T
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Called it on the mystery mini!!!!! That part makes me so happy!!! But the filler fluff does not. The socks will go to my bestie, the other two I'm sure I'll find a home for. But why oh why do they have to cram this filler junk in there to begin with????? I'd much rather get rid of it and have another figure. Pop, dorbz, a second mini, I wouldn't care. Aren't all of these mystery box subs advertised as no filler and no fluff? Seems like they've failed in each line recently.

Overall I feel like the box has a $30 value. But not the advertised $50 value.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:
Called it on the mystery mini!!!!! That part makes me so happy!!! But the filler fluff does not. The socks will go to my bestie, the other two I'm sure I'll find a home for. But why oh why do they have to cram this filler junk in there to begin with????? I'd much rather get rid of it and have another figure. Pop, dorbz, a second mini, I wouldn't care. Aren't all of these mystery box subs advertised as no filler and no fluff? Seems like they've failed in each line recently.

Isn't value based on what someone is willing to pay. I never believed their value numbers thrown out there. I felt like it is to add a little bit of hype.
Collecting since 2014

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:25 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:

Isn't value based on what someone is willing to pay. I never believed their value numbers thrown out there. I felt like it is to add a little bit of hype.

By value, I mean the regular retail price these items are typically sold at. I've felt it's usually been close to $50, if not more, for past boxes. But this falls far short.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Pretty good box but my least favorite from Disney Treasures so far (which isn't saying much since they've been amazing). The Pop! is cool and the mini is cute. The other items aren't bad either. I dig the design on the socks, the cookie cutter is nice because I love Olaf, and the thermos is neat but I'll never use it. Bummed there was no Matterhorn item as a Harold mini was an item I was really hoping was in the box. Speaking of which, what is the parks item in this box?

Little mini rant (if you could even call it a rant):
My favorite thing about the Disney boxes other than being Disney was that they seemed to focus more on figures rather than clothing or other random oddities. I much prefer a box with a Pop!, mini, and Dorbz over a box say with a Pop!, shirt, and a Dorbz.
Last edited by popfanboy on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Quite disappointed with this box... in more than half of it. I didnt think theyd double up on 2 items with the same charatcer, especially one I dislike. Then also...
why is the thermos image of M&M so small??!
=/

ImageImageImage

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:32 pm

This box wasn't really what I was hoping for considering the theme. It's killing me that they're teasing us with those Snowman Jack Pop!
socks since they still haven't released the Pop!. I'm hoping those will fit me since I've heard that the socks from other sub boxes run small. I was hoping for a second vinyl item besides Bambi (yes Belle is one too, but the Mystery Mini has always been included). I appreciate the fact that they did multiple items, but I'm not just not that big on any of them.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm not trying to be a negative nelly. I'm sure this box appeals to someone but considering all that you could have done in a December / X-mas box this is very, very underwhelming to me. :(
I'm Josh

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Patch is cool, and I'll pick up the MM like I have the others. Overall, I'm not sorry I missed this. When I shut off my LoC box, I informed them that the filler items and lack of value across all of the boxes lately was my issue. This box didn't change my mind.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm very disappointing as well with this box. This has me questioning the subscription as I feel that they've misrepresented the original promise of what would be in every box.

As seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=76577&p=1582991&hilit=disney#p1582991

Brian@Funko wrote:One more thing... the Disney subscription box is coming this spring!!! Disneyland and Disney World park characters will appear in every box!

This box is a complete failure in regards to having a park character. It is NOT ENOUGH to say, well you see Mickey Mouse at the park so that counts since we put it on the thermos. I only buy this box for the park aspect and I just cancelled my subscription. I was worried they weren't releasing more spoilers because they knew the box was questionable Turns out that was the case, in my opinion. Many of us don't like nickel and dime boxes that try to meet their perceived value by adding up several small items. Cookie cutters and socks?

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first box without any presence of the parks in it?
I'm still salty that Belle got the mini instead of the Matterhorn Snowman.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:41 pm

fbingha wrote:I'm very disappointing as well with this box. This has me questioning the subscription as I feel that they've misrepresented the original promise of what would be in every box.

As seen here:

Brian@Funko wrote:One more thing... the Disney subscription box is coming this spring!!! Disneyland and Disney World park characters will appear in every box!

This box is a complete failure in regards to having a park character. It is NOT ENOUGH to say, well you see Mickey Mouse at the park so that counts since we put it on the thermos. I only buy this box for the park aspect and I just cancelled my subscription. I was worried they weren't releasing more spoilers because they knew the box was questionable Turns out that was the case, in my opinion. Many of us don't like nickel and dime boxes that try to meet their perceived value by adding up several small items. Cookie cutters and socks?

I'm 100% with you. There is no reason for there to be an absence of parks when they could have given us a Matterhorn mini or Dorbz, or even put him on the socks. Anything!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Classier wrote:
fbingha wrote:I'm very disappointing as well with this box. This has me questioning the subscription as I feel that they've misrepresented the original promise of what would be in every box.

As seen here:

I'm 100% with you. There is no reason for there to be an absence of parks when they could have given us a Matterhorn mini or Dorbz, or even put him on the socks. Anything!

I thought I recall them saying in the first unboxing video that the tin/mini sets would always be park related sets. Pirates was good, Woody felt like a bit of a stretch but still fit, same for Jimmy, Hatbox Ghost was perfect, this one is a dud. Artwork on tin is nice but reenforces the point that it's not a theme park based tin. :(
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:06 pm

I'd like to add that they should've put more time and thought into this December box considering Christmas is a more celebrated holiday over Halloween for the October box.

ImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:I'd like to add that they should've put more time and thought into this December box considering Christmas is a more celebrated holiday over Halloween for the October box.

I do not think more Christmas themed is the answer. The lack of a theme park item as the more generic non-Funko core items is the issue with this box. The tin should have maintained the theme park attraction trend, would have been the perfect opportunity for Matterhorn or Expedition Everest themed mystery mini. One of the key selling points when Disney Treasures was announced was that every box would include theme park related items.

If they feel compelled to include the cookie cutter and thermos then those items should have at least featured unique Funko styled artwork. Cookie cutter in a pop style would at least been more of a unique item. Art on thermos should have been Pop or mystery mini styled artwork (and 3 times larger, that looks like a production error IMO). The products need to scream Funko if they are going to step outside the existing lines. This stuff we are getting lately is just diluting the Funko brand and eroding the consumer confidence in their subscription boxes as a whole.

While I appreciate the desire to mix up the formula the items within should still be within the core Funko product lines. I want a FUNKO Disney/Marvel/Star Wars/DC subscription box. If I wanted a sub box of random crap I would renew my Loot Crate subscription. :eek: lol
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:45 pm

mohawkjones wrote:If I wanted a sub box of random crap I would renew my Loot Crate subscription. :eek: lol

that sums up my feelings pretty well.
- tauntaunking on instagram

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:03 am

Oh my. I feel a little let down. I still love the box, honestly, but..it feels mediocre. I know with their December boxes, they tend to add extras,
but the Pop! was slightly underwhelming when there is so much more to explore.

My only concern is the image of Mickey and Minnie on the thermos. Seriously? It's like a thumbnail image. I think my favorite item will be the socks,
and I know I'll use them a lot, at least!
Melissa

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 am

I think this is it for me. I'm getting fed up with all this filler crap throughout the Funko subscription boxes.

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:53 am

mohawkjones wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:I'd like to add that they should've put more time and thought into this December box considering Christmas is a more celebrated holiday over Halloween for the October box.

I do not think more Christmas themed is the answer. The lack of a theme park item as the more generic non-Funko core items is the issue with this box. The tin should have maintained the theme park attraction trend, would have been the perfect opportunity for Matterhorn or Expedition Everest themed mystery mini. One of the key selling points when Disney Treasures was announced was that every box would include theme park related items.

If they feel compelled to include the cookie cutter and thermos then those items should have at least featured unique Funko styled artwork. Cookie cutter in a pop style would at least been more of a unique item. Art on thermos should have been Pop or mystery mini styled artwork (and 3 times larger, that looks like a production error IMO). The products need to scream Funko if they are going to step outside the existing lines. This stuff we are getting lately is just diluting the Funko brand and eroding the consumer confidence in their subscription boxes as a whole.

While I appreciate the desire to mix up the formula the items within should still be within the core Funko product lines. I want a FUNKO Disney/Marvel/Star Wars/DC subscription box. If I wanted a sub box of random crap I would renew my Loot Crate subscription. :eek: lol

I meant that they had the same amount of time to put together a good box like they did with Haunted Forest. But it seems like more effort and thought was put into that one than Snowflake Mountain which I think is weird because Christmas is a more celebrated holiday globally. I'm not saying it should be more Christmas themed, but along with everyone else, we expected it to be more Disney parks themed.

ImageImageImage

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 am

I still just find it incredibly odd that two of the items are for the same character. They could have at least made one of them Elsa.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:35 am

I honestly think they'll see a huge drop in subs because of this.
I'm Josh

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 am

Wtf is this? So disappointed in this. I had such high hopes for this box. What wasted potential. Firstly...

Where is Thumper? Why preview with a mini Thumper and then not deliver with a mini Thumper pack-in? No park presence at all here. Great patch! The socks are cute and I think a nice touch but why did we need a cookie cutter? And a freaking thermos? A 2nd Pop or a Dorbz ride or Tin from Frozen in Norway/Everest/Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland/Mickey's Christmas Carol/Muppets/NBX/Prep & Landing/Christmas Carol or general Characters in Xmas/Winter outfits would have been awesome. And if they're going to do a tin based on that movie, why not give us Fife? Forte? Angelique? Mister Feurerwerker?(the Axe)

I am NOT buying these boxes to fill my kitchen. No longer subbing until I know what's in these boxes from now on [-X
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 am

I am in the disappointed camp with this box as well. The most egregious error for me is the complete lack of a Disney Parks item. It was stated that all boxes would contain something from the parks and this one did not deliver.

The other major issue for me is exactly what Mohawk jones said....if you are going to give us a promotional style product, then at the very least, it should have FUNKO artwork on it.

The Mickey thermos, the Thor playing cards, the Justice League T Shirt....these things all look "dollar store" to me and I question why they are in a funko box if they don't LOOK like Funko products. I means, what is the point of Funko giving us random stuff like this?

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:24 am

mohawkjones wrote:If they feel compelled to include the cookie cutter and thermos then those items should have at least featured unique Funko styled artwork. Cookie cutter in a pop style would at least been more of a unique item.

The cookie cutter IS based off the Olaf Pop! design.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:35 am

popfanboy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:If they feel compelled to include the cookie cutter and thermos then those items should have at least featured unique Funko styled artwork. Cookie cutter in a pop style would at least been more of a unique item.

The cookie cutter IS based off the Olaf Pop! design.

Well I guess that is something then. I was so bummed by the box contents I guess I didn’t look to closely at it.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

I would gladly trade all the filler for an ebenezer scrooge dorbz

Or goofy as jacob Marley dorbz

or any dorbz from the Christmas carol

Id even appreciate an Olaf dorbz, they could of done him "diamond edition" so its sparkles like snow dose (on tv)
- tauntaunking on instagram

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:00 pm

opopssum wrote:I would gladly trade all the filler for an ebenezer scrooge dorbz

Or goofy as jacob Marley dorbz

or any dorbz from the Christmas carol

Id even appreciate an Olaf dorbz, they could of done him "diamond edition" so its sparkles like snow dose (on tv)

You're reading my mind. I have a goofy as jacob ghost ornament on my tree and for some reason I was convinced they would make a clear blue mini of him. :(
I'm Josh

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Ahhhhhhh! Disney Christmas Carol would have been SUCH a great idea! Maybe next year!

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 am

FILLER & FLUFF!!!! Seriously, a
cookie cutter and thermos!?!

This is becoming too much the norm these days and is exactly what they said would not be present in these boxes. I mean, I know all of this was planned way in advance, but is this what we have to look forward to from the newly minted publicly traded Funko!?! I sure hope not.

I love how they get so excited in the unboxing. Are they that blind to how disappointing this box is?? Maybe I am being overly harsh and someone out there loves this box. I sure hope so.

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 am

The Head wrote:FILLER & FLUFF!!!! Seriously, a

I love how they get so excited in the unboxing. Are they that blind to how disappointing this box is?? Maybe I am being overly harsh and someone out there loves this box. I sure hope so.

Nah, they have to be excited and super enthusiastic for the unboxings. It's their job. Case in point, fidget spinners.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 am

I understand all the disappointment. I'm disappointed as well, but not surprised. Funko did say that the sub boxes were a platform for them to test new products, so no one should be surprised to see some "unusual" contents now and then as they've done it in all the other subs too. And not every box is going to blow our minds, we're going to get some great ones and some "just OK" ones (like this one).

That said, I completely agree with the comments that the Mickey and Minnie graphic on the thermos is ridiculously small and underwhelming. Would have been fun to see a nice winter scene wrapping all the way around it, that would have made for a nice cocoa container at Christmas-time. And let's hope the socks actually fit some normal human beings this time.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 am

treswright wrote:I understand all the disappointment. I'm disappointed as well, but not surprised. Funko did say that the sub boxes were a platform for them to test new products, so no one should be surprised to see some "unusual" contents now and then as they've done it in all the other subs too. And not every box is going to blow our minds, we're going to get some great ones and some "just OK" ones (like this one).

That said, I completely agree with the comments that the Mickey and Minnie graphic on the thermos is ridiculously small and underwhelming. Would have been fun to see a nice winter scene wrapping all the way around it, that would have made for a nice cocoa container at Christmas-time. And let's hope the socks actually fit some normal human beings this time.

All your points are valid, Tres, but it seems like a December / X-Mas box would be the one box you would truly want to knock out of the park instead of testing a bunch of different stuff. And even then, if you did want to take the risk, you would have wanted to do the best you could with the "stuff" not whatever happened with the thermos and cutter. Just my thoughts, though.
I'm Josh

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 am

reggieu wrote:
The Head wrote:FILLER & FLUFF!!!! Seriously, a

Nah, they have to be excited and super enthusiastic for the unboxings. It's their job. Case in point, fidget spinners.

Totally! I was being mostly rhetorical. I do often wonder though...maybe they really think it's a great box.

Or...maybe they are cursing the idea team under their breadth about how they made their jobs so much harder. lol

Would just love to get them in an honest moment, one way or the other.

Return to “Powered by Funko”