December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
treswright

Re: December Disney Treasures: Snowflake Mountain

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am

grandpa_stern wrote:All your points are valid, Tres, but it seems like a December / X-Mas box would be the one box you would truly want to knock out of the park instead of testing a bunch of different stuff. And even then, if you did want to take the risk, you would have wanted to do the best you could with the "stuff" not whatever happened with the thermos and cutter. Just my thoughts, though.

I completely agree that this box is less than it should be and is disappointing, and with it being Christmas it was a missed opportunity. I was just saying that I've come to expect mediocre now and then based on the other subs lol I dropped MCC because the mediocre boxes got to the point of far outnumbering the great ones. And I never signed up for LoC because (in my opinion) it was mediocre from the beginning. So far SB has impressed me nearly every time, and Disney has been great other than this one. And even in this one, despite the strange contents the Pop is really awesome. I think if they had just made one small addition
Spoiler: show
a mini Thumper Pop
then a lot of us (me included) would have excused the rest.

The Head wrote:Totally! I was being mostly rhetorical. I do often wonder though...maybe they really think it's a great box.

Or...maybe they are cursing the idea team under their breadth about how they made their jobs so much harder. lol

Would just love to get them in an honest moment, one way or the other.

Sometimes the boxes are so bad and they're sitting there talking about each sorry item like it's the greatest addition ever, and yeah I absolutely wonder if they're just hyping it up for the cameras. I would be terrible at sales because I can only get excited about a product if I actually like it, LOL!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 am

So let me start by saying that I did not order this box because I was not interested from the start. After seeing the reveal I am very glad that I skipped it.
However....
For everyone complaining about this box not having a park item, please remember that Disney World made some additions to the Fantasyland area. They now have Enchanted Tales with Belle & the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Beast's castle.
Not saying it would be my first choice but it is a park attraction.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am

Spoiler: show
IMO, I'm happy with the box, maybe because I like mostly everything Disney. The thermos is cute which my wife can have, my kids will like the Olaf cookie cutter, and while I don't like Nightmare before Christmas, I probably will rock those socks at a Christmas party this year. Like I probably would have taken these three items over a dorbz (although I'm happy with the Dorbz Rides we got so far). I do think that anybody that says that Olaf being used twice is nitpicking since one of them is a pin. Could the box have been better? Yeah, I can agree with that only on the basis that the presence of a Park Character could have been stronger.
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Battastic wrote:So let me start by saying that I did not order this box because I was not interested from the start. After seeing the reveal I am very glad that I skipped it.
However....
For everyone complaining about this box not having a park item, please remember that Disney World made some additions to the Fantasyland area. They now have Enchanted Tales with Belle & the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Beast's castle.

Personally I am not counting character meet & greets (even dedicated themed ones) or restaurants as park attractions. Otherwise almost any character could be classified as such and used as a scapegoat. Plus the artwork on the tin is distinctively not attraction based. :(
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
Battastic wrote:So let me start by saying that I did not order this box because I was not interested from the start. After seeing the reveal I am very glad that I skipped it.
However....

Personally I am not counting character meet & greets (even dedicated themed ones) or restaurants as park attractions. Otherwise almost any character could be classified as such and used as a scapegoat. Plus the artwork on the tin is distinctively not attraction based. :(

This^
My first thought was that yes she is in the park but not really a park character. Reason I let Woody pass as one is because it's obvious they were going for Toy Story Mania.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:11 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
However....

If you don't count restaurants, wouldn't that eliminate Sonny Eclipse?
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:47 pm

yellowrice wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
However....

If you don't count restaurants, wouldn't that eliminate Sonny Eclipse?

Difference is that Sonny was born as and still is a character only in the park. He didn't have his own movie and then was added in the park. He is a part of the park exclusively. Belle on the other hand not so much.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

JEP

Postby JEP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Did they go to a Disney outlet store and buy a bunch of thermoses? lol

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:58 pm

The mystery mini is great and I’ll have to pick it up on eBay, but overall I’m glad I skipped this box.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

popfanboy wrote:
yellowrice wrote:If you don't count restaurants, wouldn't that eliminate Sonny Eclipse?

Difference is that Sonny was born as and still is a character only in the park. He didn't have his own movie and then was added in the park. He is a part of the park exclusively. Belle on the other hand not so much.

Agreed, he is a character designed for and exclusive to the parks, so as far as I am concerned he is a parks character. Yes there is a B&TB restaurant at MK but that doesn't mean Belle is a theme park character.

Sadly Funko dropped the theme park from the box this go around and that is a huge let down for me personally.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 pm

It's that damn thermos that throws this whole box off. If it would have been a Dorbz, Dorbz Ride, Rock Candy or another Pop, this would be a winner.

Elsa or Belle Rock Candy and a Tin of the Frozen Attraction or Mickey/other character in their parks Xmas Party Outfit would have been amazing!
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 pm

I have not gotten mine yet. It should be any day now though. I've been waiting. I hope I don't get disappointed :rolleyes:

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm

I only collect the Disney Princesses so I skipped this box, but I am going to have to track down that mini and tin, they're fabulous. I actually like the idea of the thermos, just nothing about it really says funko to me so was kinda surprised by it. I also really like the idea of cookie cutters since I am a baking fiend, but Olaf is...not one of my faves lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 pm

I would’ve loved a cookie cutter if it were NBC. Or the Abominable Snowman.

OMGiTsCayla

Postby OMGiTsCayla » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:33 am

I'm actually excited about the jack snowman socks! Maybe a future pop reveal!

Hi! My name is Cayla
follow me on Instagram:wtfitscayla

:cheshire:
LunaPop Customs

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:16 am

As someone who actually works at WDW, I wouldn't count the Belle mystery mini as anything even remotely close to a theme park exclusive item. There is "Enhanted Tales with Belle" where you visit her in her cottage. And there is also the "Be Our Guest" restaurant. Neither of those things are depicted on the tin and when you visit her, she doesn't wear this dress. I just wish Funko would have stayed true to their promise of theme park exclusive items.

Myssa428

Postby Myssa428 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm

I ENJOYED the December Disney subscription box. I appreciated that Funko put completely new items in the box and not your typical subscription box formula of items. I’ll probably never use the cookie cutter, but I thought it was a nice addition. Christmas themed socks-awesome; Bambi on ice-super cute; thermos-practical. As always, the sum of the individual items are more than the cost of the box. Overall, I’m very happy with this box.
- M&J, Disney Collectors / Hoarders :cheshire:

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Got my box and love it! Funko is doing a great job with these. I do agree with the feedback that I would like to have seen a park related item, hope they get back on track next box, still happy with this one though.
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm

So for all of you that say no park related item, you could actually say there was a park related item. Haunted Mansion in Disneyland gets invaded by Jack Skeleton and Zero. Jack redecorates the whole ride. So via big stretch, the socks could represent the Haunted Mansion theme all through December. I will look at socks in more detail to see if there is anything from the ride on the sock.
Collecting since 2014

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 pm

nascar246788 wrote:So for all of you that say no park related item, you could actually say there was a park related item. Haunted Mansion in Disneyland gets invaded by Jack Skeleton and Zero. Jack redecorates the whole ride. So via big stretch, the socks could represent the Haunted Mansion theme all through December. I will look at socks in more detail to see if there is anything from the ride on the sock.

That is no different than saying that the Thermos represents the park since Mickey and Minnie appear at the park. Jack is Santa Jack in the movie, hence not park related.

challwsu

Postby challwsu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:38 pm

My daughter loves the thermos. lol
ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Myssa428 wrote:I ENJOYED the December Disney subscription box. I appreciated that Funko put completely new items in the box and not your typical subscription box formula of items. I’ll probably never use the cookie cutter, but I thought it was a nice addition. Christmas themed socks-awesome; Bambi on ice-super cute; thermos-practical. As always, the sum of the individual items are more than the cost of the box. Overall, I’m very happy with this box.

We received ours today. We love it. I purposely held off on commenting until the box arrived. My daughter and granddaughters (3, 5, 7) are using the cookie cutter to make a couple dozen sugar cookies which they will add sprinkles and frosting. If the socks don't fit me, then I am going to use them as hand warmers when I go out for walks in the cold (SDCC preparation). Bambi is precious and I like the thermos too.I agree that the variation in this box is great and we hope that we will have additional wearing apparel in the future. Thanks Funko! =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

fbingha wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:So for all of you that say no park related item, you could actually say there was a park related item. Haunted Mansion in Disneyland gets invaded by Jack Skeleton and Zero. Jack redecorates the whole ride. So via big stretch, the socks could represent the Haunted Mansion theme all through December. I will look at socks in more detail to see if there is anything from the ride on the sock.

That is no different than saying that the Thermos represents the park since Mickey and Minnie appear at the park. Jack is Santa Jack in the movie, hence not park related.

Actually it is slightly different. Micky and Minnie represent Disney as a whole and are always at the park. In fact if you follow the history of Disney, Mickey started it all. Mickey was Walt's imaginary friend and buddy. That is why Disneyland and California Adventure have a statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands. Jack Skeleton and Zero only make an appearance at Disneyland for two or three months a year. So it is quite different.
Collecting since 2014

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:56 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
fbingha wrote:

Actually it is slightly different. Micky and Minnie represent Disney as a whole and are always at the park. In fact if you follow the history of Disney, Mickey started it all. Mickey was Walt's imaginary friend and buddy. That is why Disneyland and California Adventure have a statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands. Jack Skeleton and Zero only make an appearance at Disneyland for two or three months a year. So it is quite different.

Suppose we will just have to disagree on this. I am going to constantly contend that any illustration that appears in a movie first, then is applied to the park in some way doesn't count as exclusive to the park unless some part of the park is also included with that item. Santa Jack, movie first so doesn't count as park exclusive just because he appears at the Haunted Mansion. If he was in a Haunted Mansion buggy, then we would be good. If the socks had something from the park on them, then I guess you have something. Still, many of us won't be satisfied with the original promise unless the "park" item is Funko related, the art is Funko, the shape, etc.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I cancelled my subscription and will only buy the park related stuff on eBay, if they release any more.
Last edited by fbingha on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm

fbingha wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
fbingha wrote:That is no different than saying that the Thermos represents the park since Mickey and Minnie appear at the park. Jack is Santa Jack in the movie, hence not park related.

Suppose we will just have to disagree on this.

Which is fine. That is a part of life. I am just explaining to you how I delineate it. Its a traditional character that is always there versus a character that makes a guest appearance every year.
Collecting since 2014

littodeb

Postby littodeb » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 pm

I was just a little disappointed since Bambi is already a Pop...
I wish they would have made something a little more original? *shrug*
xoxo Deb

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:21 pm

I guess I just don't have any expectations at all regarding my sub boxes, my life is crazy and out of my control mostly right now with hospital stuff and when I see these boxes I just smile. That being said, I liked everything and was pleasantly surprised with the thermos.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:33 pm

The only good thing about this box being a little mediocre is that it's the perfect time of year to regift the things in it that I don't love to friends that will actually enjoy them. lol

Overall I like the box, but it's my least favorite one so far.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Didn't order this box since I didn't like the pop but will definitely be picking up the Belle mini, one of my favorite characters in Disney.

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:14 am

I liked this box because of the variety of things.

Godolphin

Postby Godolphin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm a huge Disney Parks fan, the lack of park specific exclusive is not cool.

Funko PHOnatic

Postby Funko PHOnatic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:04 pm

I don't hate this box as much as a lot of other people seem to do, I'm really hoping my pop doesn't get damaged by some of the other items in the box though..

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Funko PHOnatic wrote:I don't hate this box as much as a lot of other people seem to do, I'm really hoping my pop doesn't get damaged by some of the other items in the box though..

I am with you as well. I don't hate this box at all. It is like people expect something and they don't get it and get all mad. I don't expect anything but a Pop and appreciative of everything I am given in the box. It is supposed to be a surprise.
Collecting since 2014

mel

Postby mel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Godolphin wrote:I'm a huge Disney Parks fan, the lack of park specific exclusive is not cool.

I felt the same....I assumed they were all going to have a Parks item since they all had previously. That was my big disappointment. Otherwise a couple of these items are going to make terrific Xmas gifts.
I'm a PBS Nerd!

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Not my favorite box, and I don't see how this has anything to do with the park's. the pop I a cute, but I think a mark was missed on opportunities to make park pops. Just my 2 cents and I still love all things Disney ey. :drunken: \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

mel

Postby mel » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Shalee04 wrote:Not my favorite box, and I don't see how this has anything to do with the park's. the pop I a cute, but I think a mark was missed on opportunities to make park pops. Just my 2 cents and I still love all things Disney ey. :drunken: \:D/

Yes, Snowflake Mountain and not anything at all having to do with the Matterhorn!!!
I'm a PBS Nerd!

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 pm

My favorite Disney box yet. I love random other stuff besides Pops.
ImageImageImage

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

My family and I loved this box! The one thing in the box none of us cared for was the pop. It's cute but it's my least favorite thing in this box.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

I must say I am very excited for the next Disney box... \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Socks: LOVE
POP: Cute.
Mini/tin: beautiful art as always. Not a big fan of Belle but she is adorable. I don't interpret her as being a Park item (being an Annual Passholder, we don't see Winter Belle in the park like AT ALL).
Cookie Cutter: cute. unique item and love that it's the Pop Olaf.
Thermos: cute, but too small to be of any real use to me (maybe a cup of soup?) and doesn't scream FUNKO, which is what I'm hoping for from items in a Funko sub box.
Patch: LOVE Scrooge, but not sure how this ties into the theme of the box.
Pin: always LOVE.
San Diego funatic

Return to “Powered by Funko”