Funko Pop! Concept category?

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
grilledeggplant

Funko Pop! Concept category?

Postby grilledeggplant » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Just had an idea hopefully Funko can make for those hardcore fans....The Concept series!

For almost any movie, show, game etc... there's always a group of people that develop the concept for a character before they reach the "Final form". Lets go for Starwars for example... I'm not as a hardcore fan as many of you are but there's a concept artist that went by the name of Ralph Mcquarrie that drew up a lot of the SW characters before they even hit the big screens! Here are some concepts for example:

DARTH VADER

CP30

YODA

I know Funko has came a long way with designing funko pops and recently the details to pops now adays compared to pops back then have been much better! I'd like to challenge the Funko team if they can design some concept pops for starwars..maybe for the next SW celebration event or for SW 50th Anni! haha... What do you guys think? What other popular series would you love to be seen done? :SW9:

:freddy3:

The Head

Re: Funko Pop! Concept category?

Postby The Head » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:05 pm

This is an interesting idea. It'd be cool to have pops of characters that were never made. That'd be for the really hardcore fans, but could result in some really unique pops.

I think Disney would be an obvious choice for this as well.

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

not sure how licensing for those will work....
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Really cool idea! I don't know that you could sell an entire sub or box theme around this idea (due to it appealing to the hard-core fan base) but I think it would work great as a secondary item and would help extend the life of some of these sub boxes.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Return to “Powered by Funko”