April MCC Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
KarateKid

Re: April MCC Box

Postby KarateKid » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:57 pm

I actually broke my coffee mug at work recently so this mug will be very practical and put to good use! However if not for that need I'd be just OK at best on this. I guess I'll leave final reservation after actually seeing the POP in hand.

Who uses a bandana these days?? lol!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:57 pm

I just don't understand why they needed a shirt size if there wasn't going to be a shirt.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:26 pm

KarateKid wrote: Who uses a bandana these days?? lol!

Thought the exact same thing. Still don't fully understand it's practical use other than being a large handkerchief. However, I wish it was more patterned like the Smugglers Bounty one, than an image on it.

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

leosalion wrote:

Thought the exact same thing. Still don't fully understand it's practical use other than being a large handkerchief. However, I wish it was more patterned like the Smugglers Bounty one, than an image on it.

I have one bandana type thing that I tied around a bag handle as a piece of flair... but that's really the only thing I can think of.

mel

Postby mel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 pm

jristenx wrote:
leosalion wrote:

I have one bandana type thing that I tied around a bag handle as a piece of flair... but that's really the only thing I can think of.

Davy can wear them. Brandon loves wearing bandanas!
I'm a PBS Nerd!

jristenx

Postby jristenx » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:40 pm

mel wrote:
jristenx wrote:
leosalion wrote:

Davy is very opposed to anything around his neck and looks at me like I'm a betrayer :-/

but like if Funko ever did actual dog clothes..........

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

jristenx wrote:
mel wrote:
jristenx wrote:

Davy is very opposed to anything around his neck and looks at me like I'm a betrayer :-/

stop it right there. you opening a can of worms and a wormhole to my girlfriend pestering to get them for her "munchkin" lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Honestly, a little disappointed by this box. Love the ride, but I have zero use for anything else in the box. I would have loved a shirt at least. The ride itself is worth the price so can't really complain. Just wished they went out with more of a bang.

Angel 9708

Postby Angel 9708 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 pm

I can't believe how big the box is, I thought Disney treasures box was big until mcc got here today. They keep getting bigger and bigger.
Walking Dead Junkie! ImageImage

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Favorite thing for me in the box was the mug, and I don't think that should be the case......on another note, so not dishwasher or microwave safe? Lol
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

badger

Postby badger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Honestly, I was really disappointed with this box. I mean, the ride's cool and all, but it's another Thanos. I would have liked a different character that there aren't any pops for yet (infinity war line) such as Dr. Strange or the guardians. Apart from the mug, there's not really much else to the box which I was very disappointed by as well
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm

imdustin6 wrote:Favorite thing for me in the box was the mug, and I don't think that should be the case......on another note, so not dishwasher or microwave safe? Lol

I'm pretty sure the POP mugs were the same, yet those have been in my dishwasher and haven't killed me (yet).
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

buddylee

Postby buddylee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:56 pm

the ride is ok. Not my favorite box

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 am

The mailman literally just threw mine on my porch. I heard it hit the railing. The tracking # provided never worked, so I'm glad I was home. BIG box for sure. The last Disney Treasures box puts this to shame though. Guess I'll keep it for...nostalgic purposes; but like many others, I'm disappointed in this final MCC sub box.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:The mailman literally just threw mine on my porch. I heard it hit the railing. The tracking # provided never worked, so I'm glad I was home. BIG box for sure. The last Disney Treasures box puts this to shame though. Guess I'll keep it for...nostalgic purposes; but like many others, I'm disappointed in this final MCC sub box.

While the link took you to DHL, shipping was entirely through USPS. Plug the tracking number into their site (or just google) and you'll see it.
Image Image Image Image

Mysta_Rabbit

Postby Mysta_Rabbit » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:21 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
Mysta_Rabbit wrote:The mailman literally just threw mine on my porch. I heard it hit the railing. The tracking # provided never worked, so I'm glad I was home. BIG box for sure. The last Disney Treasures box puts this to shame though. Guess I'll keep it for...nostalgic purposes; but like many others, I'm disappointed in this final MCC sub box.

While the link took you to DHL, shipping was entirely through USPS. Plug the tracking number into their site (or just google) and you'll see it.

Yes, I knew it was USPS. Their tracking showed the label printed on the 11th but never acceptance or tracking history. This is all:
April 11, 2018, 11:15 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
HAUPPAUGE, NY 11788

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy

Postby HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 am

I liked the box, and especially the Pop (it's bigger than I thought it'd be haha which is great) but I felt if we got a shirt instead of the "wearable" item we got it would've pushed my rating of it from like a 6 to an 8 atleast. Disappointed for the their final box sold off their site, especially for a box that's for one of the most anticipated movies in years. Pop is what saved the box for me for sure.
Hey, I'm Hunter! :dkjoker1:
I love all things Funko; but mainly DC, Marvel, and Rick and Morty

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:17 pm

I’m most likely selling or trading the Pop, since space is an issue.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Dissapointed in this box. No shirt was a big let down. I hope the ship looks cool in the movie and makes me appreciate more the Pop.

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm

not only did this box suck, the pop's box got completely destroyed thanks to the amazing shipping and handling of our post office

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Not sure if anybody noticed this or if it's important, but I think this might actualey be a POP Deluxe and not a Ride. It has the typical half of a body glued on top of a wildly out of scale ship and it's numbered as part of the Marvel series and not the rides series. While pretty unimportant, it is an interesting distinction to me considering that deluxes had previously been reserved for Star Wars due to licensing issues.
Image Image Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 am

badger wrote:Honestly, I was really disappointed with this box. I mean, the ride's cool and all, but it's another Thanos. I would have liked a different character that there aren't any pops for yet (infinity war line) such as Dr. Strange or the guardians. Apart from the mug, there's not really much else to the box which I was very disappointed by as well

Seriously....like we don't have like 7 different Thanos pops running around right now? I join the ranks of people kind of disappointed in this box. Think they only thing that I'll end up keeping is the key covers. They are random, so kinda cool to me. Everything else...? Meh.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 am

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy wrote:I liked the box, and especially the Pop (it's bigger than I thought it'd be haha which is great) but I felt if we got a shirt instead of the "wearable" item we got it would've pushed my rating of it from like a 6 to an 8 atleast. Disappointed for the their final box sold off their site, especially for a box that's for one of the most anticipated movies in years. Pop is what saved the box for me for sure.

Super disappointed that I have no new 'wearable' to wear Thursday to the movie! Was really counting on this box to come through for me...alas. I'll just have to wear one of my other cool shirts! Not the same though...
Image ImageImage Image

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:39 am

I only ordered this box after hearing the rumor a Thanos Ride might be in it. Not that I'm a big Thanos collector (I'm not, this is the only one I have) but I am a big rides collector so had to have it. I like it OK but wish the gold color was metallic instead of just looking like gold spray paint.

jkcohen626 wrote:Not sure if anybody noticed this or if it's important, but I think this might actualey be a POP Deluxe and not a Ride. It has the typical half of a body glued on top of a wildly out of scale ship and it's numbered as part of the Marvel series and not the rides series. While pretty unimportant, it is an interesting distinction to me considering that deluxes had previously been reserved for Star Wars due to licensing issues.

Well Stitch and The Red One is the same way, Stitch is glued in place. Same with the Phooeymobile. I think Rick is glued in his spaceship too although I've never tried to take him out. It is odd that they didn't put "Rides" in the "Pop!" logo like they normally do though.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Katers wrote:
HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy wrote:I liked the box, and especially the Pop (it's bigger than I thought it'd be haha which is great) but I felt if we got a shirt instead of the "wearable" item we got it would've pushed my rating of it from like a 6 to an 8 atleast. Disappointed for the their final box sold off their site, especially for a box that's for one of the most anticipated movies in years. Pop is what saved the box for me for sure.

Super disappointed that I have no new 'wearable' to wear Thursday to the movie! Was really counting on this box to come through for me...alas. I'll just have to wear one of my other cool shirts! Not the same though...

Same :( I think that’s why I’m so disappointed in the box. I was super excited to rock a really cool new tee to the showing.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

margarethk

Postby margarethk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 pm

jristenx wrote:
mel wrote:
jristenx wrote:

Yes to dog clothes please :D
Margaret

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:48 pm

I actually liked the Infinity War box. The Pop ride is pretty cool.
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG & Twitch: @jacethecollector

Angology

Postby Angology » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm

I liked the box okay. I don't have any Thanos Pops, and now I do. Didn't have to run around town to get it. lol
Love the mug (started using it the next day). I think I am going to have DH sew up a pillow from the bandana (same for the Star Wars one). I am a little disappointed, but the box before was so great that I am okay with it.

I am using one of the key covers as a zipper pull. Looks cute on my hoodie that lost one. I need a better way to attach it though.
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:55 pm

JaceCD wrote:I actually liked the Infinity War box. The Pop ride is pretty cool.

agreed. and it's the largest box they've ever had!
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm

clutch09 wrote:
JaceCD wrote:I actually liked the Infinity War box. The Pop ride is pretty cool.

I don't understand why people don't like it.
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 pm

I thought the key toppers were a good idea. And honestly the pop is amazing, but I wanted a neat t-shirt and something Captain America Related. Cool box, but could have been better.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 am

Stitch626 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Same :( I think that’s why I’m so disappointed in the box. I was super excited to rock a really cool new tee to the showing.

Honestly, beyond the initial reveal (after I avoided spoilers for the box!), I haven't opened it since. I'll see how I feel about it after the movie tomorrow. Maybe I'll suddenly love everything...! (And go to Hot Topic to buy myself a t-shirt!)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 am

JaceCD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

For me, at least, it's not so much that I didn't like it, rather than that it's MEH for me. I had such high expectations, I don't know that anything could have lived up to them. But with the abundance of Thanos pops out there, for it to be a Thanos pop was a little disappointing (though I will admit, it's a really cool Thanos). The mug is probably the least exciting thing, since there's a VERY similar one at Hot Topic.
Image ImageImage Image

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy

Postby HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:54 am

Katers wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Honestly, beyond the initial reveal (after I avoided spoilers for the box!), I haven't opened it since. I'll see how I feel about it after the movie tomorrow. Maybe I'll suddenly love everything...! (And go to Hot Topic to buy myself a t-shirt!)

I got myself a nice shirt from Hot Topic for the movie tonight after not getting one from the box
Hey, I'm Hunter! :dkjoker1:
I love all things Funko; but mainly DC, Marvel, and Rick and Morty

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:

I got myself a nice shirt from Hot Topic for the movie tonight after not getting one from the box

That’s a really good idea. I’ll go to Hot Topic today and see if they have any left. **fingers crossed** they do!
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:14 am

Katers wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Agreed.... there's Thanos fatigue going on.... WM Excl, Target 10in, HT Excl on Throne and now the MCC Thanos in Sanctuary 2.... good grief
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

Katers wrote:
JaceCD wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

For me, at least, it's not so much that I didn't like it, rather than that it's MEH for me. I had such high expectations, I don't know that anything could have lived up to them. But with the abundance of Thanos pops out there, for it to be a Thanos pop was a little disappointing (though I will admit, it's a really cool Thanos). The mug is probably the least exciting thing, since there's a VERY similar one at Hot Topic.

I can see where you're coming from. But it's just like the abundance of Batman pops out there. Got to have a bunch of different variations of him when the hype of the movie is coming out. I would probably expect more Thanos pops in the works since there will be an Avengers 4.
I'm Jace!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 pm

HeyEveryoneItsFlarpy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:

LOL - not like I ever really need an excuse to go to Hot Topic! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 pm

clutch09 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:

Agreed.... there's Thanos fatigue going on.... WM Excl, Target 10in, HT Excl on Throne and now the MCC Thanos in Sanctuary 2.... good grief

That's exactly it, thank you for putting it into words!

Of course, that being said...I really like that HT Excl on Throne.... I may need to track one down.

And of course..after the movie? I'm much more inclined toward it now. I'm such a sheep..!
Image ImageImage Image

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Katers wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's exactly it, thank you for putting it into words!

Of course, that being said...I really like that HT Excl on Throne.... I may need to track one down.

And of course..after the movie? I'm much more inclined toward it now. I'm such a sheep..!

and now there's the metallic thanos with pop tee from Target that I also bought..... lol

Return to “Powered by Funko”