...and that's a wrap!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
nogimmick

...and that's a wrap!

Postby nogimmick » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 am

thanks for the good times with the LoC boxes, funko. been a customer since day 1 and i loved NEARLY MOST of everything that came in them. (WW socks are too small for my size 14s) curious to see where it goes to retail and what kind of stuff will be in them going forward. my all-around favorite box was probably either the legacy or most wanted box. i love plastic man, and the lex/bane 2fer was fairly epic!

question---now that sub boxes are done, is that the end of the respective superfan contests too? i'm FINALLY ready to enter but i fear i may be too damn late...
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Re: ...and that's a wrap!

Postby PopCollector » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

nogimmick wrote:thanks for the good times with the LoC boxes, funko. been a customer since day 1 and i loved NEARLY MOST of everything that came in them. (WW socks are too small for my size 14s) curious to see where it goes to retail and what kind of stuff will be in them going forward. my all-around favorite box was probably either the legacy or most wanted box. i love plastic man, and the lex/bane 2fer was fairly epic!

question---now that sub boxes are done, is that the end of the respective superfan contests too? i'm FINALLY ready to enter but i fear i may be too damn late...

Yes a farewell to these awesome subscription boxes. Likewise been a subscriber since day one to all 4 lines and loved that it was one less item I had to track down, not to mention the great choices for new Pops in the boxes.

If it is the end of the superfan contest, I am sure there will be others but there is always Funatic of the Week! You should submit for that!
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:48 am

a sad end to a great box!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

pommefille

Postby pommefille » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:51 am

I liked the sub boxes but I can imagine it was hard to manage all of the shipping, damaged boxes, card payment issues (my bank loves to change my card number) etc. I kind of wish they'd at least keep one 'Funatic' sub box!
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:58 am

Hate to see these end. I'm afraid with them going to stores it'll end up being another one that's nowhere close to me, with no chance of getting there before all the "regulars" who will buy up every one that comes in and i'll be back to Ebay
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

I assume they’ll keep the Superfan stuff going, doesn’t make sense to rebrand all the boxes names since they’re all pretty catchy. Most collectors and casual fans at least know what MCC and LoC are. You don’t need to buy the boxes to be a Marvel or DC super fan, in my opinion.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:53 am

my first funko product was the first LoC box. so sad to see it go, i'm not looking forward to paying ebay prices here on out. unless it comes to walmart (fingers crossed?) then i'm pretty much boned.

i've been waiting to submit for superfan until i had my display exactly how i wanted it. still waiting on my bloody lobo to show up to complete my villains shelf, but once that does i'll still fill out the entry form on the LoC site.

Schl0

Postby Schl0 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 am

pommefille wrote:I liked the sub boxes but I can imagine it was hard to manage all of the shipping, damaged boxes, card payment issues (my bank loves to change my card number) etc. I kind of wish they'd at least keep one 'Funatic' sub box!

It had to be a nightmare at times for Funko. It’s going to be wayyyy easier for them to just sell specific boxes through a retailer than getting them directly to the consumer. I’m really gonna miss the excitement of coming home to that Disney Treasires box sitting on my porch.
-Eric-
IG: @artbyschlo

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 am

I kinda thought the sub would continue in two months with a different theme, but just available at a retail store, kinda like passing the Olympic torch.
But I guess the actual transition could take time, and who knows if it'll still be bi-monthly.

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:14 am

reggieu wrote:I kinda thought the sub would continue in two months with a different theme, but just available at a retail store, kinda like passing the Olympic torch.
But I guess the actual transition could take time, and who knows if it'll still be bi-monthly.

yeah i was hoping it would be business as usual and they would have announced retailers by now to avoid any interruptions in the timing but with everything going on lately that's probably not realistic.

hoping for bi-monthly but i could see it being quarterly too unfortunately.

Tbguy

Postby Tbguy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:44 am

end of an era. I truly hope retailers keep these boxes the same may be they will even bring back the comic with MCC :)
:freddy3:

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:59 am

at least the last box was pretty awesome! hope these arent a pain to get in the future.

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm

bigant212 wrote:at least the last box was pretty awesome! hope these arent a pain to get in the future.

Very true! They went out with a bang that’s for sure. Maybe they’ll make some convention exclusive boxes in the future.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

Tbguy

Postby Tbguy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Stitch626 wrote:
bigant212 wrote:at least the last box was pretty awesome! hope these arent a pain to get in the future.

Very true! They went out with a bang that’s for sure. Maybe they’ll make some convention exclusive boxes in the future.

That will be exciting! I would love to see that instead of Target or Walmart getting the boxes.

Mauibrah

Postby Mauibrah » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Great last box!
Glad I ordered one
IG: @mauishaun

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

Agreed. This was one of my favorite boxes by far.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm

End of an era for sure. Was fun to come home to those sub boxes, especially on the rare occasions when I managed to avoid spoilers. I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude although it seems like buying them in a retail outlet just won't be the same.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Am I seeing this right? Each box is 15 bucks? Or is it just for the shirt? Green Lantern is listed below that as well....

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:00 pm

It looks like they are trying to clearance out some of the past boxes. They usually go down to $15 like this during Black Friday (shipping is not included).

uhh

Postby uhh » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 pm

Zorn88 wrote:Am I seeing this right? Each box is 15 bucks? Or is it just for the shirt? Green Lantern is listed below that as well....

dang that's actually a great deal. Theres a few of the LoC on there that I'm missing. Thanks for the heads up

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 pm

It’s definitely sad to see this sub box end. I looked forward to it every 2 months. Hope they’re not hard to get when they switch to retail.
:freddy1:

Adrenya

Postby Adrenya » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 pm

25 with tax and shipping though is pretty good. I didn't miss any boxes but I all of a sudden have a lot of friends that did lol
Funko is Family!

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:02 am

Even though I skipped or sold/traded quite a few months (Superman, Teen Titans, Green Lantern), I'm sad to see this box go - I got some super awesome pops out of here (Silver Age Catwoman, Hawkgirl, Wondy with Lasso, Doctor Poison (Maru), Aquaman rising out of the water). I hope they keep this up in some way!

swind15

Postby swind15 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 pm

I loved speculating on what future boxes would contain. Not every box was a home run for me, but I did enjoy my subscriptions. Sad to see them go.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

ramblinwreck58

Postby ramblinwreck58 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Loved getting the spoilers for each box each month! Will really miss this, but hoping it comes to GameStop so I can continue to pick up the Pops! I've loved getting to grow my classic DC comics shelf!

War19872002

Postby War19872002 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm

so sad to see the happening, but cant wait to see what Funko has in store

tiger99885

Postby tiger99885 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:45 am

I am going to dread seeing these go to the big retail giant stores. Flippers will end up buying them , and overcharging for the stuff on Ebay.

Return to “Powered by Funko”