My JLDark Depression

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
ghostrye

My JLDark Depression

Postby ghostrye » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:12 am

With the cancellation of LOC, I felt the need to express the most disappointing aspect for me.

I have been waiting for so long now for any representation of Magical DC characters in POP form. Sure, we got a one off Swamp Thing, Suicide Squad movie Enchantress and Raven has churned out enough variants to make Ramona Flowers jealous. But I really want more of the magical folks from the DC Universe. And in My naivety, I actually thought Funko was about to deliver. But, like Charlie Brown and the never connecting football kick, I have clearly gotten my hopes up in vain.

With Funko covering so many bases of unique characters, I didn't feel like I would actually have to wait YEARS to get the heavy hitters, but clearly that isn't the case. I mean, how is it possible that we have not had POP versions yet of:
Zatanna?
Constantine?
Dr Fate?
Deadman?
Etrigan?
All very prominent and heavy hitters, all visually appealing, all fan favorites...and not a single Funko product amongst them.

The reason I allowed myself to be lured into false hope was that almost two years ago, Funko put out a poll with 20 options of potential future boxes and even posted the results, and what do you know? JL Dark came in 3rd place! A shoo in, I believed!
1. BTAS
2. Teen Titans
3. JL Dark
4. Green Lantern

So, after seeing BTAS get its box, Teen Titans get its box, I kept waiting for the JL Dark team to get its sneak peak! But then, Funko skipped them and moved on to GLC...and look, it was a fantastic box, so no hard feelings. But I stayed positive and just assumed, my Magic based group would be up to bat next. And we all know how that turned out...sub cancelled. After waiting for two years, misleading poll results, and continuous head scratching box choices, it seems my hopes are as dashed as they come.

Who knows, maybe someday these characters will see the light of day, but my faith is waning. For the life of me, I just can't figure out why none of these characters have been made.

marromero

Re: My JLDark Depression

Postby marromero » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:52 pm

There is still a chance I mean if a Retailer would be interested in the box they would then sell it. I can still see it being made and sold. It would be great to have as well.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:43 pm

I could see us getting a Justice League Unlimited Zatanna but that’s about it as far as the Dark universe goes. None of those other characters would move boxes off shelves, as sad as it is. Specialty series is our only hope.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

vrom

Postby vrom » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Valde wrote:I could see us getting a Justice League Unlimited Zatanna but that’s about it as far as the Dark universe goes. None of those other characters would move boxes off shelves, as sad as it is. Specialty series is our only hope.

Yeah, I agree with you and hopefully the specialty stores do surprise us with getting some of the dark universe items.

ssdautocity

Postby ssdautocity » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 pm

vrom wrote:
Valde wrote:I could see us getting a Justice League Unlimited Zatanna but that’s about it as far as the Dark universe goes. None of those other characters would move boxes off shelves, as sad as it is. Specialty series is our only hope.

Yeah, I agree with you and hopefully the specialty stores do surprise us with getting some of the dark universe items.

As sad as it makes me feel I have to agree with both of you, I just don't see it really moving boxes who knows though maybe I am wrong. :(

Return to “Powered by Funko”