New retailers announced for the subscription boxes

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
The Head

Re: New retailers announced for the subscription boxes

Postby The Head » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Yellow balloon wrote:
anime23 wrote:Did I hear that a black panther box was coming to target? Because that would be my worse nightmare. Outside of BN website when Con exclusives go on sale Target is the worst.

Nope Amazon has the Marvel boxes.

There is speculation that the BP box at target will be a tshirt pop bundle and may release in conjunction with the blu ray release.

tehlilone

Postby tehlilone » Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't been an update regarding the other boxes. Anyone see anything else stated for these?

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:50 am

Yellow balloon wrote:
anime23 wrote:Did I hear that a black panther box was coming to target? Because that would be my worse nightmare. Outside of BN website when Con exclusives go on sale Target is the worst.

That is a dream come true for me, never had an issue with the website or getting anything from Amazon.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:53 am

The Head wrote:
Yellow balloon wrote:

There is speculation that the BP box at target will be a tshirt pop bundle and may release in conjunction with the blu ray release.

If they release it online then great but trying to get anything in a target store has proved troublesome for me. I was told by a cashier that the stockers don't even put most of them out and the ones they do they hide for themselves.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 am

anime23 wrote:
The Head wrote:
Yellow balloon wrote:Nope Amazon has the Marvel boxes.

If they release it online then great but trying to get anything in a target store has proved troublesome for me. I was told by a cashier that the stockers don't even put most of them out and the ones they do they hide for themselves.

I think the tshirt bundles are usually online only.

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 pm

anime23 wrote:
The Head wrote:
Yellow balloon wrote:Nope Amazon has the Marvel boxes.

that purple black panther and tshirt combo was spotted in a future weekly ad for target.... it'll probably be next week's because I doubt those ads are printed more than a week or two early
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:24 pm

tehlilone wrote:I'm surprised there hasn't been an update regarding the other boxes. Anyone see anything else stated for these?

Same here! I haven't heard anything recently. I'm curious to see where the DC LOC box ends up at?? :-k

Brycifer666

Postby Brycifer666 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm

Anybody else guessing Amazon's first box will be for Ant-Man and The Wasp in June? Hoping for a mini wasp Pop to go with the Mini Ant-Man!

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Sat May 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Brycifer666 wrote:Anybody else guessing Amazon's first box will be for Ant-Man and The Wasp in June? Hoping for a mini wasp Pop to go with the Mini Ant-Man!

Definitely plan on getting it. Has Amazon put out anything on how to buy them yet? I keep searching Collector Corps on Amazon. just getting past boxes, nothing on the new subs yet.
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:56 pm

CritterD wrote:
Brycifer666 wrote:Anybody else guessing Amazon's first box will be for Ant-Man and The Wasp in June? Hoping for a mini wasp Pop to go with the Mini Ant-Man!

Definitely plan on getting it. Has Amazon put out anything on how to buy them yet? I keep searching Collector Corps on Amazon. just getting past boxes, nothing on the new subs yet.

I haven't seen anything either.. i keep looking

Image Image

Jaykay110

Postby Jaykay110 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:18 pm

C’mon Funko, please dont make LOC a target thing !
At least Game Stop !

marromero

Postby marromero » Sun May 06, 2018 8:58 pm

anime23 wrote:
CritterD wrote:

Yeah I haven't seen or heard of anything as well. I hope we hear about something soon.

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Sun May 06, 2018 9:05 pm

marromero wrote:
anime23 wrote:
CritterD wrote:

Yeah I haven't seen or heard of anything as well. I hope we hear about something soon.

Yeah....I keep thinking if its a June box we should hear pretty dang quick!!
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:54 pm

CritterD wrote:
marromero wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Ya that was my thought wasn't infinity war an April box?

Image Image

ANT_206

Postby ANT_206 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:38 pm

I hope the MCC box is Prime eligible, get it in 2 days! Haha.

I would think B&N would want one of the sub boxes, the other going to Target or Walmart (leaning towards Target).
Alan | Seattle-based collector | 1/5 of the Funko Funboys
Funko collection started 11/6/2013

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:21 pm

anime23 wrote:
CritterD wrote:
marromero wrote:Yeah I haven't seen or heard of anything as well. I hope we hear about something soon.

yes it was. don't remember if this was the last MCC box. I know LOC is done. I think SW is ongoing til October. Unsure about DT
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:23 pm

ANT_206 wrote:I hope the MCC box is Prime eligible, get it in 2 days! Haha.

I would think B&N would want one of the sub boxes, the other going to Target or Walmart (leaning towards Target).

i'm not a Prime member but might have to get it if the boxes are included!!! I also heard prime subscription prices are going up $10

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Im hoping FYE and Gamestop got the other two, Walmart would be a great choice but their distributing for in stores is horrible and their site isn't that good to handle the amount of people looking for the box
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 am

clutch09 wrote:
ANT_206 wrote:I hope the MCC box is Prime eligible, get it in 2 days! Haha.

i'm not a Prime member but might have to get it if the boxes are included!!! I also heard prime subscription prices are going up $10

I cannot believe you are not a prime member. As much as i order from Amazon it pays for itself. You can also let two other people use it so my parents and my sister use it as well and then give me money for it. Though we order a ridiculous amount of things... The Postman told me man you guys give us a lot of money...

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 am

clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
CritterD wrote:

yes it was. don't remember if this was the last MCC box. I know LOC is done. I think SW is ongoing til October. Unsure about DT

It was. I remember getting the email saying they are canceling the renewal and that you had to sign up again to get the Infinity War box. I think that was them saying it's done.

Image Image

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 am

anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:

It was. I remember getting the email saying they are canceling the renewal and that you had to sign up again to get the Infinity War box. I think that was them saying it's done.

I've have to order the Endor box and Solo box seperatley... so not sure if there's another MCC one coming....

SuperLuigi33

Postby SuperLuigi33 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 pm

They’re getting a shirt and pop combo like they just did with Thanos

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 pm

SuperLuigi33 wrote:

Did the Thanos one go sale online? I don't remember I wasn't paying attention.

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Does anyone want to see Black Cauldron get a Treasures box? I think that could be cool

Image Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue May 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Getting the shipping notice for the DT annual gift has me excited to get the next box. Im curious when we will hear anything and where we will hear it, will funko continue marketing the boxes along with Hot Topic doing things like spoilers and spamming their facebook and twitter ot will that all be done by Hot topic now? and will we get the spoilers and unboxings, maybe through nerdett. So many questions lol
- tauntaunking on instagram

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Even though I'm a current subscriber to SB, I'm eagerly waiting to here which retail store it'll go to. Hopefully amazon!
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:25 pm

anime23 wrote:
SuperLuigi33 wrote:

the metallic thanos with a tee did go on sale and sold out fast. it restocked and sold out too.... unless you're talking about the thanos and sanctuary 2 MCC box... that already went for sale and shipped out but is still available for past subscribers

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:26 pm

OffTheCHENG wrote:Even though I'm a current subscriber to SB, I'm eagerly waiting to here which retail store it'll go to. Hopefully amazon!

you think amazon will get more than 1 line? they are getting the MCC sub box....

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 pm

clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
SuperLuigi33 wrote:

the metallic thanos with a tee did go on sale and sold out fast. it restocked and sold out too.... unless you're talking about the thanos and sanctuary 2 MCC box... that already went for sale and shipped out but is still available for past subscribers

I am guessing it was the metallic and tee since he said shirt and pop combo. I don't think he was talking about the Infinity War Box. No shirt in that I was bummed but hey I like mugs too

Image Image

Djshivers

Postby Djshivers » Tue May 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Hopefully Walmart and WalGreens are not going to be the retailer for the 2 remaining sub boxes
My name is Ricky aka Pop_N_Kicks :freddy3:
POP Count 740
Mini's Count 50
Pint Size Heroes Count 34
Dorbz Count 25

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 am

anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:

I am guessing it was the metallic and tee since he said shirt and pop combo. I don't think he was talking about the Infinity War Box. No shirt in that I was bummed but hey I like mugs too

well, the metallic pop and tee aren't a sub box, so I guess that's in the wrong board thread.... lol

Sepharite

Postby Sepharite » Wed May 09, 2018 12:23 am

I wonder how amazon will do it. Gifting prime delivery will be amazing!
ImageImageImage

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 am

clutch09 wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:Even though I'm a current subscriber to SB, I'm eagerly waiting to here which retail store it'll go to. Hopefully amazon!

you think amazon will get more than 1 line? they are getting the MCC sub box....

I really hope so because I will literally stop collecting Smuggler's Bounty if it goes to Walmart lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:04 am

clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

well, the metallic pop and tee aren't a sub box, so I guess that's in the wrong board thread.... lol

no if you look up further I asked about a BP box. Then I was told it wasn't part of the subscription box. And then someone explained what it was.

Image Image

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 am

anime23 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
anime23 wrote:

no if you look up further I asked about a BP box. Then I was told it wasn't part of the subscription box. And then someone explained what it was.

ah, gotcha.... my mistake. or your mistake. I don't know at this point. lol

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:26 am

clutch09 wrote:

I think it is likely that Amazon could get 2, my only thing is if they were doing more than one, I would think that it would have been announced already.

[llO_oll]7

Postby [llO_oll]7 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 am

So since retailers will now be carrying the sub boxes, will the price still be $25 + tax? since we will no longer be paying for shipping?
Kevin @[llO_oll]7
ImageImage

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 pm

wafflemaker222 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

I think it is likely that Amazon could get 2, my only thing is if they were doing more than one, I would think that it would have been announced already.

You think they will get to from the get go or kind of through acquisition? I saw a prediction that Amazon will buy target this year

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

[llO_oll]7 wrote:So since retailers will now be carrying the sub boxes, will the price still be $25 + tax? since we will no longer be paying for shipping?

I think this is a wait and see thank. Remember when Disney treasures 1st launch that Hot Topic had it on their website for less than what funko was charging

wafflemaker222

Postby wafflemaker222 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:51 pm

clutch09 wrote:
wafflemaker222 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

You think they will get to from the get go or kind of through acquisition? I saw a prediction that Amazon will buy target this year

I think that is possible, but best buy just did a deal for tvs with amazon so I would say it is less possible than earlier this year when that rumor went around.

Return to “Powered by Funko”