July Disney Treasures Box at Hot Topic!!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: July Disney Treasures Box at Hot Topic!!

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

wmwadeii wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:Hot Cash is working even though it isn't supposed to. Whoop whoop!!!

Thanks for the heads up, was debating and on the fence but with that it was a no brainer, and the cherry on the cake I had a $5 credit and a $5 birthday credit so basically $10 with shipping woot score :bounce:

Lol that's too funny. I had exactly the same circumstances. Talk about a good deal.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:Hot Cash is working even though it isn't supposed to. Whoop whoop!!!

The only issue is I have heard a lot of stories of orders getting canceled after the fact for stuff like this. With boxlunch and hot topic, I will never use hot cash for exclusives like this or exclusives tied to a con. I just don't want to take chances.
Collecting since 2014

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 am

nascar246788 wrote:

The only issue is I have heard a lot of stories of orders getting canceled after the fact for stuff like this. With boxlunch and hot topic, I will never use hot cash for exclusives like this or exclusives tied to a con. I just don't want to take chances.

Yeah I'm just hoping for the best. It's worth a shot.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Yeah I'm just hoping for the best. It's worth a shot.

Same wasn't really "wanting" to buy it unless I came across it anyways, and can't be any worse than my Wall-E experience with BoxLunch where my order was in processing state when they posted more online twice. Got into it with their overseas online email support and kept getting generic copy and paste answers that never addressed the underlying issue of selling my pending order again. Lost out on the 3 Pop! figures I ordered because I brought it to their attention after they sold promised product to others, and lost out on all the Lunch Money I had. Guess we will see.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 am

Ordered! Wonder if this will sell out
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:51 am

Thrillofthehunt wrote:Ordered! Wonder if this will sell out

I wonder as well. For some reason, i don't think it will. We just had a little mermaid box the last time.
Collecting since 2014

OzzyRhds

Postby OzzyRhds » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 am

Ordered one with hot cash, definitely expecting my order to get cancelled if it does ill just reorder it.

Im not a fan of the mouth im hoping its a it looks way better in person, also Ariel is my fave but id really like other pops that have not been made put in these boxes unless its gonna be a kiss the girl movie moment of course!

I collect Spores, Molds and FUNKO!

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:21 pm

I want this one, but really don't have the room...
Image Image

bug86

Postby bug86 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Picked mine up today. It's really cute.
Live,Laugh and Funko. :freddy3:

Hey it's Ashley.

@backgotback on twitter and @alizpt on IG.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Saw the spoilers for this one on the HT site. For now, it's a pass. Considering it's the first one HT is doing, I'm a little underwhelmed.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:Saw the spoilers for this one on the HT site. For now, it's a pass. Considering it's the first one HT is doing, I'm a little underwhelmed.

Scott ever so kindly purchased one for me... only cause he was able to get it cheaper than retail... I'm kinda bummed there is no word if they will be continuing the patches with the boxes. I agree it is a little lack luster so I'd be curious to see what the future holds for these boxes.

At the end of the day... I would love to see more park rides but I have the strong feeling those will fall under Park Exclusives from here on out.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Easy pass on this box but glad to see the spoilers are still present and they seem very easy to grab...for now
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm very sad to say that this one just doesn't do it for me. The mouth is what is throwing me off. To me, the whole point of Pop! was to evoke a story with simplicity; and even without the lips, I imagine Ariel singing. This design for this piece is unfortunately not what I collect pop for (heavy emphasis on "I"). And I don't mean any disrespect to those who love this box! All the power to you.
San Diego funatic

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:35 pm

I love her so much!!!

And I just had to do this ...

Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

The box is sold out online, so apparently not that many people found the mouth too off-putting.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Surprised it sold out online in one day. The mouth isn't so bad in-hand. When I saw that first spoiler picture, I thought it wasn't so great. It's a really awesome movie moment, though. I also think the mystery mini is cute. Wish Moana wasn't written on the one side of the tin. I think the magnet is cute! It's now on my fridge.

I went to use the pen, though, and..ink is everywhere under the cap. So that's a no-go, kind of disappointed. But it will just have to be displayed!

Overall good box. Now to wait for the next one!
Melissa

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Saw it at Hot Topic earlier today, just couldn't pull the trigger with SDCC next week.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:11 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
Libertyroxx wrote:Saw the spoilers for this one on the HT site. For now, it's a pass. Considering it's the first one HT is doing, I'm a little underwhelmed.

Scott ever so kindly purchased one for me... only cause he was able to get it cheaper than retail... I'm kinda bummed there is no word if they will be continuing the patches with the boxes. I agree it is a little lack luster so I'd be curious to see what the future holds for these boxes.

At the end of the day... I would love to see more park rides but I have the strong feeling those will fall under Park Exclusives from here on out.

You're probably right about that. I do hope the patches return (even though Funko never sent out the final patch for year 1). Looking forward to seeing you and Scott next week!!!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Spoiler: show
NightmareMermaid wrote:I love her so much!!!

And I just had to do this ...

I can't wait to get mine in the mail! She'll probably in my hands post SDCC!
I love the Disney vs Reality photo! lol

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:03 am

I think it's a fantastic pop. I get that the mouth is a little different, but considering the moment it depicts, I think it's cool.

I didn't grab one myself because I don't collect little mermaid, but I love seeing the pictures! Great pop for collectors!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Lumineon457

Postby Lumineon457 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:06 am

Is anybody else running into an issue where it says "In Stock" until you actually click "Add to Bag?" And, when I try to add it to my wishlist, it says it's been added, but when I check the wishlist, it's not there.
Last edited by Lumineon457 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:12 am

Still on the fence im with everyone debating its just looks off with her mouth, seems out of place, might warm upto to it if i see it in person lol
:freddy3:

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:33 am

Lumineon457 wrote:Is anybody else running into an issue where it says "In Stock" until you actually click "Add to Bag?" And, when I try to add it to my wishlist, it says it's been added, but when I check the wishlist, it's not there.

It's sold out. It's normal for this to happen on websites just after something has sold out, however HT's site has a number of issues including this one. The in stock status hasn't been properly updated in the system despite the fact that it sold out hours ago.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 am

NightmareMermaid wrote:The box is sold out online, so apparently not that many people found the mouth too off-putting.

Don't get too excited....ebay is loaded!
Seems the flippers are hoping people are not too put off by the mouth lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am

Battastic wrote:
NightmareMermaid wrote:The box is sold out online, so apparently not that many people found the mouth too off-putting.

Don't get too excited....ebay is loaded!
Seems the flippers are hoping people are not too put off by the mouth lol

I wouldn't say there are that many listings especially since some of them are just for one item, which is probably the result of people not wanting every item that came in the box. We have no idea how many of these they made. I would think now that they're being sold at HT they would be making more than they did previously. Plus since the Ever After box sold out before the close date, I would think that they would have taken that into account when deciding how many Under the Sea boxes to make.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 am

Woot not canceled even with Hot Cash, VIP Bucks, and Birthday Cash. Just got my shipping invoice.
Images Unplugged

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:48 am

Missed this - just saw email this AM and was swamped wth work yesterday. This makes me sad. I preferred the sub model. :(
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Can't wait to get mine!! Especially seeing all the oob pics!

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am

My issue wasn't that she has a mouth, because many pops do. It THAT mouth. It just looks awkward. Still a pass for me.

How often are these boxes going to come out from them? Same as before?
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm

Mine just shipped from hot topic! I was worried they would cancel it because I used hot cash. But it still was sent out.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 pm

The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, but this is a hard pass from me. The style of the mouth they chose to put on her I personally find very off putting, the mini is just ok but nothing I need and the other items are a major disappointment. No patch or pin, but just filler that would be in a Hot Topic clearance bin. Really disappointed because Disney Treasures was an awesome subscription through Funko.

Also really annoyed HT isn't letting you use Hot Cash on it in store, what was the point of releasing it on the first day of Hot Cash redemption then?
wenhol8710 on Instagram

anime23

Postby anime23 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:06 am

Was glad I could get this online through hot cash but I wish they were setup for subscription so I didn't have to remember
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Stareiskies

Postby Stareiskies » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

Am I the only one disappointed there isn't a pin either? When I saw the pen I thought maybe someone somewhere typed it wrong and instead of producing a pin they made a pen. lol lol

I miss the patches too

rowanofthestrata

Postby rowanofthestrata » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm

I liked how last year's cycle had the whole year planned out with the them...wish they had a preview for the upcoming boxes.

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm

rowanofthestrata wrote:I liked how last year's cycle had the whole year planned out with the them...wish they had a preview for the upcoming boxes.

I agree. At the very least we should know what the next theme is by now.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 pm

I am starting to wonder if these sub boxes won't last much longer. It just seems hot topic isn't really putting a lot of effort into the contents of the box. This will probably lead to low demand and them just stopping it so they aren't holding inventory. Miss the days when funko ran it and the items were awesome.
Collecting since 2014

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 pm

nascar246788 wrote:I am starting to wonder if these sub boxes won't last much longer. It just seems hot topic isn't really putting a lot of effort into the contents of the box. This will probably lead to low demand and them just stopping it so they aren't holding inventory. Miss the days when funko ran it and the items were awesome.

One box really isn't enough to form an opinion on its longevity at this point. Funko is still picking the content to an extent with the only difference being that they're taking Hot Topic's requests into consideration since it is exclusive to them. Hot Topic's suggestions are based on what collectors have told them they would like to see. So I really don't see that as a bad thing especially since some of the best Disney exclusives that have come out are from Hot Topic. Unlike other retailers they make a real effort to push to have things made that we have asked for. I know some are disappointed that the pin and patch weren't included. They probably won't be able to do the pin anymore or at least not the way they did before since the previous ones were official Disney pins. Disney wouldn't want official Disney pins being sold at Hot Topic. For me this isn't a big loss since I'm not even interested in them. Even if I were though it's not like there aren't tons of official Disney pins released all the time. Yes they're not in Funko's style, but what can you do. It really comes down to personal preference. This was one of my favorite boxes that has been done despite not being a fan of the pen or magnet. I really don't need another pen. I also don't collect Finding Nemo and don't think there should be more than one item from the same movie in one box.
Marie
#PartOfYourWorld

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 pm

NightmareMermaid wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:I am starting to wonder if these sub boxes won't last much longer. It just seems hot topic isn't really putting a lot of effort into the contents of the box. This will probably lead to low demand and them just stopping it so they aren't holding inventory. Miss the days when funko ran it and the items were awesome.

One box really isn't enough to form an opinion on its longevity at this point. Funko is still picking the content to an extent with the only difference being that they're taking Hot Topic's requests into consideration since it is exclusive to them. Hot Topic's suggestions are based on what collectors have told them they would like to see. So I really don't see that as a bad thing especially since some of the best Disney exclusives that have come out are from Hot Topic. Unlike other retailers they make a real effort to push to have things made that we have asked for. I know some are disappointed that the pin and patch weren't included. They probably won't be able to do the pin anymore or at least not the way they did before since the previous ones were official Disney pins. Disney wouldn't want official Disney pins being sold at Hot Topic. For me this isn't a big loss since I'm not even interested in them. Even if I were though it's not like there aren't tons of official Disney pins released all the time. Yes they're not in Funko's style, but what can you do. It really comes down to personal preference. This was one of my favorite boxes that has been done despite not being a fan of the pen or magnet. I really don't need another pen. I also don't collect Finding Nemo and don't think there should be more than one item from the same movie in one box.

I understand it is not a good to form an opinion off of one box, but I am think of the pessimistic side sometimes. Why bring it down the way they did? The way I look at this as a pioneer subscriber, I am paying way more for at most equivalent value. I would argue at least for this box less value in terms of happiness to me. I am not going to re-sale anything, but I attach a happiness value to them. When it was with funko, I loved all the items even the so called fillers. I am still excited to see the next box, and I am going to make sure I get every box this year. I am not about to let my christmas gift of renewing my pioneer subscription go to waste.
Collecting since 2014

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Got my box today and I have to admin it looks better in person, even with the silly mouth. Similar to how seeing the images of Thanos Ride was a disappointment but in person looked better.
Images Unplugged

LujaKulu

Postby LujaKulu » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:28 am

Just got my box today. I like the pop, although it isn't perfect. TLM's my favorite movie though, so I wasn't going to miss it.

The rest of the box is disappointing. At least I liked the Moana tin (even if I don't care about the toys that come inside the tins). I wish the magnet had been Flounder since I don't care for Finding Nemo at all, but hopefully they make more magnets in future boxes.
Collecting Since: Spring 2012
First pop: Maleficent
Most recent pop: TLM VHS Cover Pop, Mama Odie w/ Juju, Ursula Cart
Pop Count: 280+
Next-to-Buy: Lady Tremaine, Hades on Throne, Conductor!Sebastian
Lines I Collect: Disney Animated Classics, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon, Digimon
Dream Pops: ReBoot, Final Fantasy

Return to “Powered by Funko”