Disney Treasures TBD

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
MacKazoo

Re: Disney Treasures October 2019: Nightmare Before Christmas

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:35 pm

Anyway I finally got the Nightmare box from Hot Topic.

PROS:
New character, Sandy Claws, as the pop instead of a movie moment or variant like dapper Oogie Boogie.

New character as the mystery, Pumpkin In The Box with a cool design tin.

Replica Oogie Dice with Oogie sack.

CONS:
The Jack Racer felt like a filler item and came out of it’s packaging

With this being the last Disney Treasures box, I wish there was something really grand in theremaybe a second pot hub of a never before made character, maybe a second pop of a never before made character like Mr Hyde or the Vampire.

Also maybe another filter and like I don’t know maybe a little plush of Zero sleeping or a pin of the spiral hill.

Conclusion:
I am very satisfied with this purchase, for this being the last box to some it maybe underwhelming but, if your NBX-Mas fan, I highly recommend it. So I’ll give it a solid 4/5.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:10 pm

Loved this box, from the designs & graphics on the box, to all of the contents, Funko had a slam dunk with this one!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

GuruGuy128

Postby GuruGuy128 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:39 pm

I dreamed that there would be boxes in 2020 and one was Lady and the Tramp themed.
Guru Guy: The Disney and Subscription Box Guru

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:13 pm

Too bad, no Pixar boxes were made.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:42 pm

MacKazoo wrote:Too bad, no Pixar boxes were made.

I would have liked a Pixar box also.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:29 pm

That Jack-o-Lantern Mystery Mini...I wish the spring was real so he would actually bounce around!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:44 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:That Jack-o-Lantern Mystery Mini...I wish the spring was real so he would actually bounce around!

It would’ve been cool but, risky if it broke during shipping.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 pm

GuruGuy128 wrote:I dreamed that there would be boxes in 2020 and one was Lady and the Tramp themed.

I think there were a lot of boxes that they could have possibly made. I would imagine they stopped making them since Hot Topic probably didn't like sitting on so much stock if they didn't sell well (such as the Aladdin box). And they may have taken up a lot of space in their smaller stores.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
GuruGuy128 wrote:I dreamed that there would be boxes in 2020 and one was Lady and the Tramp themed.

I think there were a lot of boxes that they could have possibly made. I would imagine they stopped making them since Hot Topic probably didn't like sitting on so much stock if they didn't sell well (such as the Aladdin box). And they may have taken up a lot of space in their smaller stores.

I wish Hot Topic had the fan perspective more, The recent nightmare before Christmas one sold out in all my areas

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:51 am

dexiesmom wrote:

Yeah when hot topic took over, and I saw the left over stock in the stores. I knew it was a matter of time before these boxes would stop. I got almost all of them, so I was sad to see they weren't doing well.
Collecting since 2014

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 am

nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Yeah when hot topic took over, and I saw the left over stock in the stores. I knew it was a matter of time before these boxes would stop. I got almost all of them, so I was sad to see they weren't doing well.

Yeah. When they switched to Hot Topic for distribution I felt the writing was on the wall that the end was near. It was clear that Funko wanted (or needed) to make the boxes in a much larger quantity to make a profit. And they didn’t want the risk of sitting on unsold stock. Unfortunately a mall store isn’t the place to be sitting on unsold stock since those type of retail stores are dying faster than other brick and mortar stores.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:40 am

dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I think there were a lot of boxes that they could have possibly made. I would imagine they stopped making them since Hot Topic probably didn't like sitting on so much stock if they didn't sell well (such as the Aladdin box). And they may have taken up a lot of space in their smaller stores.

Yeah. When they switched to Hot Topic for distribution I felt the writing was on the wall that the end was near. It was clear that Funko wanted (or needed) to make the boxes in a much larger quantity to make a profit. And they didn’t want the risk of sitting on unsold stock. Unfortunately a mall store isn’t the place to be sitting on unsold stock since those type of retail stores are dying faster than other brick and mortar stores.

It was fun while it lasted though for sure.
Collecting since 2014

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 am

dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I think there were a lot of boxes that they could have possibly made. I would imagine they stopped making them since Hot Topic probably didn't like sitting on so much stock if they didn't sell well (such as the Aladdin box). And they may have taken up a lot of space in their smaller stores.

I hate to bash Funko on this, but I felt the overused amount of movie moments, we got was a huge turn off for people. I wish it just stuck with two cool pops and maybe a mystery mini with other cool things. Sure it’s cool to see these classic moments as pops but does anyone have the space for that

Wild_Flower85

Re: Disney Treasures TBD

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:32 am

I wish they would make new molds, add pins, patches, and t shirts in the box!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:28 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I hate to bash Funko on this, but I felt the overused amount of movie moments, we got was a huge turn off for people. I wish it just stuck with two cool pops and maybe a mystery mini with other cool things. Sure it’s cool to see these classic moments as pops but does anyone have the space for that

Yeah, I think if they went with fewer movie moments and did two new and cool pops like they do with some of the other boxes it would have lasted longer. Especially when there are so many options and movies they could have done.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

That's true!! Hopefully we get more cool pops down the line that they would have done from this line.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:59 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah. When they switched to Hot Topic for distribution I felt the writing was on the wall that the end was near. It was clear that Funko wanted (or needed) to make the boxes in a much larger quantity to make a profit. And they didn’t want the risk of sitting on unsold stock. Unfortunately a mall store isn’t the place to be sitting on unsold stock since those type of retail stores are dying faster than other brick and mortar stores.

Yeah, I think if they went with fewer movie moments and did two new and cool pops like they do with some of the other boxes it would have lasted longer. Especially when there are so many options and movies they could have done.

I totally would have like that.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I hate to bash Funko on this, but I felt the overused amount of movie moments, we got was a huge turn off for people. I wish it just stuck with two cool pops and maybe a mystery mini with other cool things. Sure it’s cool to see these classic moments as pops but does anyone have the space for that

I totally would have like that.

So many movies they could have done with those boxes as opposed to continuing to make movie moments of pops we already have lines for. Like Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Rescuers, and the Fox and the Hound.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Very disappointed they discontinued this box, not gonna lie but I much preferred when it wad direct from funko, but I still bought every one from hot topic.
Image Image ImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:21 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Very disappointed they discontinued this box, not gonna lie but I much preferred when it wad direct from funko, but I still bought every one from hot topic.

Same I honestly think it was more fun when Funko handled the sub boxes instead of all these other company’s.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Very disappointed they discontinued this box, not gonna lie but I much preferred when it wad direct from funko, but I still bought every one from hot topic.

Same I honestly think it was more fun when Funko handled the sub boxes instead of all these other company’s.

I have a feeling that companies weren’t completely satisfied with subscription boxes being super limited that’s why they switch to retailers.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah. When they switched to Hot Topic for distribution I felt the writing was on the wall that the end was near. It was clear that Funko wanted (or needed) to make the boxes in a much larger quantity to make a profit. And they didn’t want the risk of sitting on unsold stock. Unfortunately a mall store isn’t the place to be sitting on unsold stock since those type of retail stores are dying faster than other brick and mortar stores.

That's true!! Hopefully we get more cool pops down the line that they would have done from this line.

I think we will. They continue to churn out the Disney pops. I don't see the Disney train ever slowing down.
Collecting since 2014

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:28 am

nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think we will. They continue to churn out the Disney pops. I don't see the Disney train ever slowing down.

I guess we can always hope they will make boxes every so often that they release in the Funko shop for special occasions.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 am

dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:That's true!! Hopefully we get more cool pops down the line that they would have done from this line.

I guess we can always hope they will make boxes every so often that they release in the Funko shop for special occasions.

I think the whole thing about boxes is becoming defunct. There’s been a lot problems of being considered gambling.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 am

MacKazoo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think the whole thing about boxes is becoming defunct. There’s been a lot problems of being considered gambling.

That’s true. A lot of the monthly sub boxes have been going defunct

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:01 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:I guess we can always hope they will make boxes every so often that they release in the Funko shop for special occasions.

Sadly so :( :( :(
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:07 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I think the whole thing about boxes is becoming defunct. There’s been a lot problems of being considered gambling.

Which I kinda get. Most have one or two cool things and the rest of the box are silly fillers.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:41 am

dexiesmom wrote:
InternationalPopper wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:That’s true. A lot of the monthly sub boxes have been going defunct

Which I kinda get. Most have one or two cool things and the rest of the box are silly fillers.

I agree ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:51 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:That's true!! Hopefully we get more cool pops down the line that they would have done from this line.

I hope so too.

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Are they still running these or is it just with ht?
:SW7a:

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:26 am

FuegoGlorious wrote:Are they still running these or is it just with ht?

It’s only with Hot Topic, however there’s been a rumor that it’s discontinued

FunkoFern

Postby FunkoFern » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 am

I have a feeling this box is done, too bad too cuz they had some really cool pops in them.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:11 am

MacKazoo wrote:
FuegoGlorious wrote:Are they still running these or is it just with ht?

It’s only with Hot Topic, however there’s been a rumor that it’s discontinued

This was a line my wife enjoyed....all Disney everything. But like mentioned above, one too many oversized pops, and she would love more merch and swag, especially since HT has so much of that stuff.

jdominguez12

Postby jdominguez12 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am

I think Amazon is the only keeping up with the subscription box, I ordered my Infinity Saga box, the only Disney I really wanted was the Maleficient a dragon with the Zero bag

jdominguez12

Postby jdominguez12 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:50 am

MacKazoo wrote:Anyway I finally got the Nightmare box from Hot Topic.

PROS:
New character, Sandy Claws, as the pop instead of a movie moment or variant like dapper Oogie Boogie.

New character as the mystery, Pumpkin In The Box with a cool design tin.

Replica Oogie Dice with Oogie sack.

CONS:
The Jack Racer felt like a filler item and came out of it’s packaging

With this being the last Disney Treasures box, I wish there was something really grand in theremaybe a second pot hub of a never before made character, maybe a second pop of a never before made character like Mr Hyde or the Vampire.

Also maybe another filter and like I don’t know maybe a little plush of Zero sleeping or a pin of the spiral hill.

Conclusion:
I am very satisfied with this purchase, for this being the last box to some it maybe underwhelming but, if your NBX-Mas fan, I highly recommend it. So I’ll give it a solid 4/5.

The NBC mystery boxes are always a must for me I usually double up on those

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 am

So sad there wasn’t a Pixar box for the Disney Treasures.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:25 pm

MacKazoo wrote:So sad there wasn’t a Pixar box for the Disney Treasures.

I've been dying for the Pixar lamp haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:04 am

Agree :( :( :(

Fnkyeahryry

Postby Fnkyeahryry » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:55 am

I really enjoyed the Disney treasures box. I didn’t like the more recent one only because I don’t collect “moments”. I prefer just the pops in the box vs a moment cause they’re harder to display lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:18 am

dmitch86 wrote:

I've been dying for the Pixar lamp haha

I think funko missed out on a great opportunity with a pixar box. I would love a pixar box that is for sure.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Powered by Funko”