Anime Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
User avatar
PopPChulo
Posts: 3883
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Contact:

Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:29 am

Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Image

User avatar
geekypeeples
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 am
Location: New York City/Chicago
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby geekypeeples » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:59 am

Yeah agreed an Anime subscription box would be epic and very popular. You could go all the way back to Mazinger Z and take it up to Dragon Ball Z and bounce back to Akira and take high five fantastic journeys all over anime current and popular history. Definitely agree would be making fun to have
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jeffvela710
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Jeffvela710 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:02 pm

Wow this would be awesome funko should jump on this ASAP

User avatar
Son5hine
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:35 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Son5hine » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:54 pm

I would be down for anime sub box. Maybe get Demon Slayer, Ultraman, Kamen Rider (those are anime) hahah or even older anime would be fun
:freddy2:

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?


You know I would be down for this! Sign me up!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

User avatar
TheStephil
Posts: 4916
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:42 pm
Location: Northern CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?


Hot Topic is doing an anime box with Funko and the first one was the DBZ box. Hopefully more boxes are coming soon with less mainstream anime themes. Not a subscription box but beggers cant be choosers haha
Hi, I’m Steph.
Image
Image

Image

User avatar
PopPChulo
Posts: 3883
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 am

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Hey Funatics

Anybody on board with a Anime subscription box. I think that this is a huge untapped box that many of us would be interested in. Definitely so many different possibilities and this is one i could really get behind. What do you guys think?


Hot Topic is doing an anime box with Funko and the first one was the DBZ box. Hopefully more boxes are coming soon with less mainstream anime themes. Not a subscription box but beggers cant be choosers haha

Haha but amazon has a marvel subscription box. I want a box that consistently has anime pops in but doesnt show me whats in it til i get the pops so im just suprised by the assortment of exclusive anime characters in getting. Is this type of joy too much to ask for. .?
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Image

User avatar
lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4039
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby lavery01 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:36 pm

The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Image

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:53 pm

lavery01 wrote:The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol


Ideally, who would you want to see first?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

User avatar
lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4039
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby lavery01 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol


Ideally, who would you want to see first?


Would have wanted piccolo from dbz, but we just got him for nycc. Wouldn’t mind something sailor moon related for my daughter. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Image

Ruen97
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:15 am
Location: South LA

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Ruen97 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 am

I would vote for this subscription box, but us DCFans haven’t really got much love lately in our subscription box. I’d like to see some Saint Seya, and seven deadly sins.
Mr. Freeze and Pop Collector
Collector: Since 2012
Full Sets: BVS/BTAS/Gotham/Impopsters/Carebears
Located: SCLA
:dkjoker1:

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm

lavery01 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:The MHA box from Gamestop did pretty well, so I agree some anime sub boxes would be nice. I’m just trying to see who would be the best character to start with?? lol


Ideally, who would you want to see first?


Would have wanted piccolo from dbz, but we just got him for nycc. Wouldn’t mind something sailor moon related for my daughter. lol


I'm not the biggest Sailor Moon fan, but know plenty of people who would be SOOOO down for that!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

User avatar
Karubin
Posts: 744
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:41 pm
Location: Alhambra, CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Karubin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 pm

I am a big Anime fan, so I am so down for a sub box!!
ImageImage ImageImage

IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 1,500+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Metallic Dumbo SDCC


Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 5907
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

I would definitely be in. It would be nice to be able to turn off and on depending on if you like the anime
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
Image

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

hailmary25 wrote:I would definitely be in. It would be nice to be able to turn off and on depending on if you like the anime


Agreed. that would make life much easier!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 8915
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm

not saying that it'd be my #1 choice of which new sub box to make, but i'd give it a try in the hopes of landing some dope tshirt merch :)
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

Funkofan21
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:25 am

I'd give it a try as well. There would be tons of pops that funko could chose to make exclusively for the sub box
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
TriFeckTa
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm
Location: Little Saigon, California
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm

I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 46
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

User avatar
PopPChulo
Posts: 3883
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol


To be honest with you - if there was a Anime Subscription box. I think that people would subscribe to it in a heart beat. I know anime fans like myself would EASILY subscribe to it... I feel like that is a untapped niche for Funko at the moment
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Image

User avatar
hailmary25
Posts: 5907
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 am

PopPChulo wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol


To be honest with you - if there was a Anime Subscription box. I think that people would subscribe to it in a heart beat. I know anime fans like myself would EASILY subscribe to it... I feel like that is a untapped niche for Funko at the moment


With the way they put out DBZ pops and some other anime you think they would have by now.
Image
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
Image

User avatar
jjb11590
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 am
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think an Anime Sub box would be a hit. I can see it already Anime Sub Box DBZ chase lol


To be honest with you - if there was a Anime Subscription box. I think that people would subscribe to it in a heart beat. I know anime fans like myself would EASILY subscribe to it... I feel like that is a untapped niche for Funko at the moment


You know I'd be subscribing!
:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

User avatar
Toronto
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:41 pm
Location: The Great White North
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Toronto » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...
ISO: Calendar Go Sailor Moon. Spidey,Pennywise and Mono Conans & Scott Pilgrim Protos
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops & Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid Part 2
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Image

User avatar
PopPChulo
Posts: 3883
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

Toronto wrote:Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...


And that's what I would expect! A diff anime every month. It could also be a way to introduce new lines as well.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Image

User avatar
rixiuchiha
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby rixiuchiha » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 pm

I can get behind this idea. Monthly subscription boxes just like the ones they already have for Star Wars and Marvel. But for different animes. This can be used to test out the waters for new anime lines. For example, make a box from Overlord and see how people like it. Then depending on the feedback Funko can decide if they make an entire wave for Overlord.
Rixi Uchiha :Image
Unapologetically myself. Cuban, movie junkie, self proclaimed poptographer, funatic, cosplayer, nurse, nerd and all around weirdo. :D

Funkofan21
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby Funkofan21 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I think it would be too much of a gamble to make a sub box since there are too many franchises and not everyone follows all of them.
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
wash2366
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:30 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby wash2366 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Toronto wrote:Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...


And that's what I would expect! A diff anime every month. It could also be a way to introduce new lines as well.



It's a great idea to have and to introduce new lines and shows!
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 17L3C8RVU/

Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
PopPChulo
Posts: 3883
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Location: Bakersfield,CA
Contact:

Re: Anime Subscription Box

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:40 am

wash2366 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Toronto wrote:Would love one but I would be afraid it would just be every 2nd box DBZ.

Would love Sailor Moon, One Peice, Madoka, Utena, Demon Slayer, Samurai Champloo, School Rumble...


And that's what I would expect! A diff anime every month. It could also be a way to introduce new lines as well.



It's a great idea to have and to introduce new lines and shows!


I agree ! Can you imagine the hype of knowing your getting a random anime exclusive every month? I think this is a huge untapped niche for funko! I would be more than happy to subscribe.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Image


Return to “Powered by Funko”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users