Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Flampsy

Re: Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:11 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Very nice! What's his booth called, I always try to go to nice people's booths to make purchases!

My comic-book guy is great too, FCBD is always big at his location. On the years that I'm scheduled to work on that day, he still sets aside stuff for me since he's cool like that! \:D/

His booth is Nuclear Comics. He does sales for cons (like most booths) and what's awesome is when he does cons, he also has stuff in his actual store on sale too.

That's so nice of him! Yeah, I get there usually an hour and a half early, but even that wasn't early enough this time to get the 50 free bags (I still got all the comics though). The line was already down the side of the building, around the corner and halfway down the back of a large sports store. Guess I'm waking up even earlier this time!

Got a screenshot so I'll remember the name, thanks for the recommendation! I'll pass it on to my friends, too!

Yikes, I think your store is busier than mine! Mine did have a huge line last year, which unfortunately I didn't notice since I was on the other side of the store. ](*,) I will plan better this year, and definitely get there earlier! I don't think I even knew about the free bags? As for waking up earlier though....ugh, the things we do for our loves!

Awesome! No problem! I like going to that store and always feel very welcome. I tried another store before this one and it just felt like a store, whereas this one they get to know their customers. I walked in one time and was looking at the wall of new comics. The owner walked up, pulled the comic I was looking for off the wall and handed it to me. He automatically knew why I was there and what I wanted lol

Some stores order more freebies than others. It actually costs the stores money to buy the free comics to five away, so some have limits on how many comics people can take and some have less free extras than others. My store ordered 50 bags last year. The year before I got one. It was a blue drawstring bag with the FCBD logo on it. The owner had the bags prepacked with 1 of each comic
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
His booth is Nuclear Comics. He does sales for cons (like most booths) and what's awesome is when he does cons, he also has stuff in his actual store on sale too.

That's so nice of him! Yeah, I get there usually an hour and a half early, but even that wasn't early enough this time to get the 50 free bags (I still got all the comics though). The line was already down the side of the building, around the corner and halfway down the back of a large sports store. Guess I'm waking up even earlier this time!

Got a screenshot so I'll remember the name, thanks for the recommendation! I'll pass it on to my friends, too!

Yikes, I think your store is busier than mine! Mine did have a huge line last year, which unfortunately I didn't notice since I was on the other side of the store. ](*,) I will plan better this year, and definitely get there earlier! I don't think I even knew about the free bags? As for waking up earlier though....ugh, the things we do for our loves!

Awesome! No problem! I like going to that store and always feel very welcome. I tried another store before this one and it just felt like a store, whereas this one they get to know their customers. I walked in one time and was looking at the wall of new comics. The owner walked up, pulled the comic I was looking for off the wall and handed it to me. He automatically knew why I was there and what I wanted lol

Some stores order more freebies than others. It actually costs the stores money to buy the free comics to five away, so some have limits on how many comics people can take and some have less free extras than others. My store ordered 50 bags last year. The year before I got one. It was a blue drawstring bag with the FCBD logo on it. The owner had the bags prepacked with 1 of each comic

It's so nice when you find the right store. I had another one I visited that was owned by a lady - the guys that worked there were great, but the owner was actually terrible, it made for a very uncomfortable shopping experience! Current owner of my current go-to shop is great, and sometimes puts things in my pull just in case it might interest me! Much appreciated!

The store I go to is great about the comics, and he'll even put out piles of back issues or #1s that he's got lots of stock on to give away, which is awesome of him. I just had no idea that FCBD bags were a thing! Good to know! Maybe I'll get lucky this year and NOT be scheduled to work on FCBD.

And of course this week when I went, the owner wasn't there to ask about the boxes. Had a great conversation with the guy at the counter about mystery minis, but that doesn't do me any good with regards to this box! ](*,) I'll get him eventually! And then I'll get my box!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:35 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:This will be cool to see, I like the Funko-art comic covers. It's a unique idea

I really miss the comic books that were in the DC and Marvel subscription boxes.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:45 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:This will be cool to see, I like the Funko-art comic covers. It's a unique idea

I really miss the comic books that were in the DC and Marvel subscription boxes.

I didn't sign up until after those had stopped, so I'm really looking forward to this one!
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:17 am

I hope they do this every year! :freddy4:
Image Image
ImageImage

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:I hope they do this every year! :freddy4:

I agree and I hope to see other lines also to go with Marvel.
ImageImageImage

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:17 am

Talked to my local store, expressed my interest on the items coming out. They said they are placing their orders now. My recommendation is to talk to your local store especially if you have an interest in the items shirt size for the combo.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:18 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

It's so nice when you find the right store. I had another one I visited that was owned by a lady - the guys that worked there were great, but the owner was actually terrible, it made for a very uncomfortable shopping experience! Current owner of my current go-to shop is great, and sometimes puts things in my pull just in case it might interest me! Much appreciated!

The store I go to is great about the comics, and he'll even put out piles of back issues or #1s that he's got lots of stock on to give away, which is awesome of him. I just had no idea that FCBD bags were a thing! Good to know! Maybe I'll get lucky this year and NOT be scheduled to work on FCBD.

And of course this week when I went, the owner wasn't there to ask about the boxes. Had a great conversation with the guy at the counter about mystery minis, but that doesn't do me any good with regards to this box! ](*,) I'll get him eventually! And then I'll get my box!

That's awesome. When employees are nice and go out of their way to get to know and help their customers, it makes me feel welcome and want to come back (even when I don't have anything I need to pick up that day). I'm glad you have a great local shop.

I hope you don't have to work that day! Luckily I don't work weekends any more.

Of course, go figure. I've yet to make it into my comic book store to ask. Life has been a bit chaotic lately, but I'm hoping I can make it in sometime next week. Let me know how it goes!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:22 am

daOCHO wrote:Talked to my local store, expressed my interest on the items coming out. They said they are placing their orders now. My recommendation is to talk to your local store especially if you have an interest in the items shirt size for the combo.

That’s probably a really good idea to make sure we get what we want.
ImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 pm

Can’t wait to see what’s in this one, already pre ordered a box. I hope there’s no chase like the gamer boxes.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:05 pm

I hope its a brand new pop that we haven’t seen and not some old pop with a new mold

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:09 pm

I’m super stoked for this!! :compress: Hope it’s something unique and new!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:14 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:I’m super stoked for this!! :compress: Hope it’s something unique and new!!

I totally agree with you on this one. I feel it should be new or something unique.
ImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 am

There's 3 boxes released....so I wonder if they could be like the Gamestop DC/Marvel boxes. :-k :-k :-k Have one pop, but there would be a common, GITD and chase box.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:There's 3 boxes released....so I wonder if they could be like the Gamestop DC/Marvel boxes. :-k :-k :-k Have one pop, but there would be a common, GITD and chase box.

Lordy, I hope no pesky chases :-/ It’s already become a royal pain getting all the anime chases..I can do with a few less chase variants :blackeye:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:29 am

daOCHO wrote:Talked to my local store, expressed my interest on the items coming out. They said they are placing their orders now. My recommendation is to talk to your local store especially if you have an interest in the items shirt size for the combo.

lol , I called my local store today to talk to them about this and the next px pop. My comic-dealer was nice, as he always is, but also gave me the impression that he had no idea why I was calling about this! I think I've/we've done more research on this right now than he has..!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:33 am

Flampsy wrote:That's awesome. When employees are nice and go out of their way to get to know and help their customers, it makes me feel welcome and want to come back (even when I don't have anything I need to pick up that day). I'm glad you have a great local shop.

Of course, go figure. I've yet to make it into my comic book store to ask. Life has been a bit chaotic lately, but I'm hoping I can make it in sometime next week. Let me know how it goes!

Just checked - huzzah! I do not work this year's FCBD! I only have to work every other weekend, but inevitably it's the weekends I need off. Isn't that how it always goes?

Hope things calm down for you this weekend and you can go in and check on things! I'm aiming for an in person discussion about this important matter tomorrow!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:34 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:There's 3 boxes released....so I wonder if they could be like the Gamestop DC/Marvel boxes. :-k :-k :-k Have one pop, but there would be a common, GITD and chase box.

I hope not at the price they're being sold at! Yikes...!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 pm

That would be really cool, but it seems to have only 1 pop.
ImageImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 pm

Katers wrote:
I'm both excited, and not, about this actually. Excited for obvious reasons...not so excited because darnit, I'm going to want them all!

Ha! My thoughts exactly! I was thinking "this is awesome!"
Then I thought "on no..." lol
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:58 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:

3 different POPs, the variation will be the comic book included in the box (common, variant, gold variation)

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:59 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Lordy, I hope no pesky chases :-/ It’s already become a royal pain getting all the anime chases..I can do with a few less chase variants :blackeye:

lol lol lol I feel ya
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:02 am

daOCHO wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

3 different POPs, the variation will be the comic book included in the box (common, variant, gold variation)

I hope the pops are Koo. FCBD pops have been on point for the last few years. My favorite one has been Nova.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'm both excited, and not, about this actually. Excited for obvious reasons...not so excited because darnit, I'm going to want them all!

Yep! I'm sure the box will be worth it, but the price tag definitely puts me into the 'one and done' category! Can't wait...this'll be the first FCBD that I've been able to attend in a few years, but it happily falls on a day off for me! Woohoo!!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Katers wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yep! I'm sure the box will be worth it, but the price tag definitely puts me into the 'one and done' category! Can't wait...this'll be the first FCBD that I've been able to attend in a few years, but it happily falls on a day off for me! Woohoo!!

I am very excited for FCBD 2020 also. This box makes it even more exciting.
ImageImageImage

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:13 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:That's awesome. When employees are nice and go out of their way to get to know and help their customers, it makes me feel welcome and want to come back (even when I don't have anything I need to pick up that day). I'm glad you have a great local shop.

Just checked - huzzah! I do not work this year's FCBD! I only have to work every other weekend, but inevitably it's the weekends I need off. Isn't that how it always goes?

Hope things calm down for you this weekend and you can go in and check on things! I'm aiming for an in person discussion about this important matter tomorrow!

YAY :cheers: I'm glad you have FCBD off!! Enjoy it

Thanks! Trying lol I did go back to Funko Hollywood store yesterday with a friend of mine I met at SDCC. She's visiting nearby from out of the country and saw my pics and wanted to go \:D/
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:30 am

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
I read the description a couple of times and am still confused as to what you’ll get. Just going to have to waited for content spoilers. lol

This is a reason I say it’s only one, “The featured character in the box is a mystery for now.”

Let's be honest....I'm getting one of these no matter who it is. BUT...I really hope it's my Rogue pop that I've been waiting so patiently for. I doubt it...but I still hope!

Well that's debunked now lol

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 am

as far as I can tell - It’s one pop! across three boxes. Three different shirts with a different design of the one pop! and one comic with variant covers of the same pop!
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:21 pm

theoriginalz wrote:as far as I can tell - It’s one pop! across three boxes. Three different shirts with a different design of the one pop! and one comic with variant covers of the same pop!

Thank you, some else agrees with me. Hopefully we are correct lol
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

Exactly! I'll definitely mind less standing in that long line as long as I know there's a box at the end of the line for me!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thanks! Trying lol I did go back to Funko Hollywood store yesterday with a friend of mine I met at SDCC. She's visiting nearby from out of the country and saw my pics and wanted to go \:D/

I definitely plan to! So much more fun to go in person than have friends pick up things for me!

Did you make it to the store? How did your friend like it? I'm going to have to plan another trip soon - maybe in February, take the god-kid up and show her all the fun things!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:22 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
This is a reason I say it’s only one, “The featured character in the box is a mystery for now.”

Let's be honest....I'm getting one of these no matter who it is. BUT...I really hope it's my Rogue pop that I've been waiting so patiently for. I doubt it...but I still hope!

Not necessarily - it's probably not a 90's Rogue pop, but there are plenty of other versions of her! I do agree that it's unlikely now though!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly! I'll definitely mind less standing in that long line as long as I know there's a box at the end of the line for me!

Totally agree with that, everything is better when pops are involved.
ImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 am

Very curious to what’s gonna be in this. I hope something good considering how many people are talking about it.

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:13 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

I definitely plan to! So much more fun to go in person than have friends pick up things for me!

Did you make it to the store? How did your friend like it? I'm going to have to plan another trip soon - maybe in February, take the god-kid up and show her all the fun things!

It is! Gotta experience it!

She loved it! Her favorite was the Disney section. We spent about two hours in there. I got a few more pictures, including retaking a few that didn't turn out so well the first time around lol you should! I still need a third trip once my mom is up to it (she's still recovering from surgery). I got her started on collecting pops. She really wants to go
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:12 am

Katers wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Not necessarily - it's probably not a 90's Rogue pop, but there are plenty of other versions of her! I do agree that it's unlikely now though!

True

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Totally agree with that, everything is better when pops are involved.

Especially way-too-early on a day off things! Truer words!!!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:58 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

It is! Gotta experience it!

She loved it! Her favorite was the Disney section. We spent about two hours in there. I got a few more pictures, including retaking a few that didn't turn out so well the first time around lol you should! I still need a third trip once my mom is up to it (she's still recovering from surgery). I got her started on collecting pops. She really wants to go

Aw, so good to hear stories like this! Yep, gonna have to take a 3rd trip! Darn, so sad....!

So then the 2 important questions here are...how is your mom's recovery going? (Hopefully well!) And will your mom be accompanying you on FCBD to get the box?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:01 am

BRiley0216 wrote:
Katers wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:Well that's debunked now lol

True

Honestly, I think it'll be someone way more generally popular. My current guess is some variant of Spider-Man, or a villain that everyone's been wanting forever!
Image ImageImage Image

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:29 am

Katers wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
Katers wrote:

True

Honestly, I think it'll be someone way more generally popular. My current guess is some variant of Spider-Man, or a villain that everyone's been wanting forever!

I'm hoping we get a new character but you never know

Return to “Powered by Funko”