MCC May: Black Widow

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Dbactor

Re: MCC May: Black Widow

Postby Dbactor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Well, we think we know where it ends. Anything is possible thanks to comic book science, right? I always expect to come out at least partially mind blown..! They've spoiled me now!

I guess with the Spiderman credit scene we could be in for a few different outcomes...

I feel like anything is possible at this point! I think what happens depends on a couple of things, like whether Scarlet is ready to be done, where the MCU is going, stuff like that. I think no matter what, we're in for a wild ride!

It should be a pretty big event, so I’m excited.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:42 am

I’m hoping for a cool shirt this time. Maybe a good pin.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Black Widow is pushed back and will be released on Nov 6, 2020.

So do we get another MCC BW box Part 2 by then? lol lol
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm

renardchua wrote:Black Widow is pushed back and will be released on Nov 6, 2020.

Time to push the box!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
I guess with the Spiderman credit scene we could be in for a few different outcomes...

I feel like anything is possible at this point! I think what happens depends on a couple of things, like whether Scarlet is ready to be done, where the MCU is going, stuff like that. I think no matter what, we're in for a wild ride!

It should be a pretty big event, so I’m excited.

And now we have our new date, so now.....we wait. And wait... and wait! Good thing this box comes to tide us over! Looking forward to it even more now!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 am

renardchua wrote:Black Widow is pushed back and will be released on Nov 6, 2020.

I like the way you think! Yes please!

Let's be honest, there's always something from the movie that we wanted and didn't get. So why not?
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:22 am

Katers wrote:

Let's be honest, there's always something from the movie that we wanted and didn't get. So why not?

They’ll probably swap/push other boxes anyway, so why not?

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:26 am

Katers wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I would LOVE a classic 90s Black Widow in gray costume, short hair and brown jacket!!

Ooohhhh...that would be excellent! Good call!

Thanks! I have the action figure on oreorder but think a Pop version would be way cooler!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:57 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Let's be honest - we're pretty much in for all the things, no matter what!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:58 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
Katers wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I would LOVE a classic 90s Black Widow in gray costume, short hair and brown jacket!!

Ooohhhh...that would be excellent! Good call!

Thanks! I have the action figure on preorder but think a Pop version would be way cooler!!

Another good call, since pop versions are almost always way cooler! Of course, we'll need to see them side by side to properly decide!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:53 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Let's be honest - we're pretty much in for all the things, no matter what!

Thins is pretty much all that matters. Haha

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:15 pm

With the movie delay til November, I hope this collector box doesn't contain major spoilers of the movie

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:42 pm

daOCHO wrote:With the movie delay til November, I hope this collector box doesn't contain major spoilers of the movie

Yeah, I'm with you on this hopefully no spoilers.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:20 am

Boymom4 wrote:
daOCHO wrote:With the movie delay til November, I hope this collector box doesn't contain major spoilers of the movie

Yeah, I'm with you on this hopefully no spoilers.

Same here. :bounce:
:freddy1:

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 am

Yeah I hate spoilers, I'm not even watching past the first trailer for this film so I'll have to come on here and check if it has spoilers in it before I open it. I can wait until after I see the movie if I have to, although I'd wager I'd be spoiled online before that happened anyway.

I'm so psyched about the box and the movie though, it's gonna be tough to wait until November for it but obviously we couldn't even go and see it if it was releasing on 1st May anyway. My country might still be under lockdown by then, so hopefully things will be a lot better by the time this is released.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:35 am

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:Yeah I hate spoilers, I'm not even watching past the first trailer for this film so I'll have to come on here and check if it has spoilers in it before I open it. I can wait until after I see the movie if I have to, although I'd wager I'd be spoiled online before that happened anyway.

I'm so psyched about the box and the movie though, it's gonna be tough to wait until November for it but obviously we couldn't even go and see it if it was releasing on 1st May anyway. My country might still be under lockdown by then, so hopefully things will be a lot better by the time this is released.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad they postponed the release, rather than just streaming it online. I really enjoy the theater experience on opening night! I'm with you on trying to avoid spoilers, and yes, it's going to be very difficult! And I already know that I won't have the willpower to not open this box until November!
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:38 am

Katers wrote:
natasha_romanov_85 wrote:Yeah I hate spoilers, I'm not even watching past the first trailer for this film so I'll have to come on here and check if it has spoilers in it before I open it. I can wait until after I see the movie if I have to, although I'd wager I'd be spoiled online before that happened anyway.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad they postponed the release, rather than just streaming it online. I really enjoy the theater experience on opening night! I'm with you on trying to avoid spoilers, and yes, it's going to be very difficult! And I already know that I won't have the willpower to not open this box until November!

I have been saying a lot of things lately I never thought I would. It's crazy times. I agree though it's just not the same watching it at home.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:42 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I have been saying a lot of things lately I never thought I would. It's crazy times. I agree though it's just not the same watching it at home.

I was going to be okay with it on streaming, but i think it’ll definitely be better in the cinema.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:13 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Saying, thinking...doing..! I look forward, a year from now, to laughing about this period.

Yeah, I don't want anyone laughing loud enough that I miss the next line, but I love the reactions to the fight scenes in theater!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:14 am

Dbactor wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I was going to be okay with it on streaming, but i think it’ll definitely be better in the cinema.

I think the fight scenes alone will demand an overly large screen and surround sound!
Image ImageImage Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:09 am

Katers wrote:

I would also prefer the theater experience over streaming, but I wish that they weren't pushing back the whole Marvel slate for it. Especially Doctor Strange 2. Sony gets to keep July, so now that's 6 months back in addition to Black Widow being 6 months back.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I think the fight scenes alone will demand an overly large screen and surround sound!

Definitely hoping my AMC reopens so i can see it in Dolby

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Saying, thinking...doing..! I look forward, a year from now, to laughing about this period.

Yeah, I don't want anyone laughing loud enough that I miss the next line, but I love the reactions to the fight scenes in theater!

Might be 2 years.

I always end up going twice opening night is great but you do miss dialogue, so then I do another showing a little after the hype so I can hear it all.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:57 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would also prefer the theater experience over streaming, but I wish that they weren't pushing back the whole Marvel slate for it. Especially Doctor Strange 2. Sony gets to keep July, so now that's 6 months back in addition to Black Widow being 6 months back.

I think everything was going to get pushed back because it all shut down, no matter what. I know some of the tv shows I watch ended their seasons early when they couldn't have everyone on set to film. Ultimately I'd rather they take the time they need to give us quality movies than rush to keep to a schedule.

Plus, if our big cons keep getting postponed / cancelled, that just means we'll get the Marvel content there that we would've gotten if they'd kept to their original schedule. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:58 pm

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Nothing quite like the sound of a punch making you flinch in your seat!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Might be 2 years.

I always end up going twice opening night is great but you do miss dialogue, so then I do another showing a little after the hype so I can hear it all.

](*,) I know....but I'm really hoping for best case scenarios!

I try to do that too. Of course, I usually go opening night so I don't get spoiled, but with this box coming so far before the movie, I think that point is moot this round!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:14 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I read that at first as “the sound punching you in the face” lol

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 am

Im looking forward to this one so much!
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

natasha_romanov_85

Postby natasha_romanov_85 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:33 am

Katers wrote:

I would've been so upset if they released it onto streaming, BW is one of my favourite characters and I never thought we'd get a movie for her, so seeing it in theatres is going to be a big deal for me. So if they'd just put it on streaming instead it would've felt like a slap in the face since she deserves to her movie to be shown in cinemas and make a ton of money.

But with how much it cost and the fact no other movies are getting made, it being released that way will never be an actual option; people obviously want to see it ASAP but with what's going on we're just going to have to wait. And once it is released it'll be amazing to not only see her story but also on the biggest screen possible (Imax, of course :D ) with other people who've been waiting so long for the next MCU film. :cheers:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:11 am

mongoose12 wrote:Hope we get a cool tee with BW and taskmaster!

Yes, Yes, Yes =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:15 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Right about now I'd take Silent Movies with captions at Imax or Cinepolis #-o #-o #-o
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Right about now I'd take Silent Movies with captions at Imax or Cinepolis #-o #-o #-o

I feel you! I’m a former moviepass, current A List guy, and it’s crazy how much i miss the cinema!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:48 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Funnier, and in certain scenes very appropriately described! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:51 am

natasha_romanov_85 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would've been so upset if they released it onto streaming, BW is one of my favourite characters and I never thought we'd get a movie for her, so seeing it in theatres is going to be a big deal for me. So if they'd just put it on streaming instead it would've felt like a slap in the face since she deserves to her movie to be shown in cinemas and make a ton of money.

But with how much it cost and the fact no other movies are getting made, it being released that way will never be an actual option; people obviously want to see it ASAP but with what's going on we're just going to have to wait. And once it is released it'll be amazing to not only see her story but also on the biggest screen possible (Imax, of course :D ) with other people who've been waiting so long for the next MCU film. :cheers:

Exactly, all of this, 100% percent! BW will get the release she deserves, and we're getting the movie and the merch we deserve!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:52 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:Hope we get a cool tee with BW and taskmaster!

Yes, Yes, Yes =D> =D> =D>

They're going to have to up their game if they're going to beat the Peter Tingle shirt! :roflmao:
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:22 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

It’s how I always described the transformers movies lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:41 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I think it would go well with a lot of movies that fall into the "I love it, don't judge me" category! A category I do not expect BW to be in!

So based on the new BW merch releases to HT, I think we can safely cross off bracelets as an option for this box. Not that I hadn't already crossed them off mentally anyway!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think it would go well with a lot of movies that fall into the "I love it, don't judge me" category! A category I do not expect BW to be in!

So based on the new BW merch releases to HT, I think we can safely cross off bracelets as an option for this box. Not that I hadn't already crossed them off mentally anyway!

Just checked out the line, pretty outstanding March and apparel. But yeah, looks like bracelets are out.

I’m an avid apologist for people liking just about whatever they want in movies, enjoy guilt free!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:54 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Just checked out the line, pretty outstanding March and apparel. But yeah, looks like bracelets are out.

I’m an avid apologist for people liking just about whatever they want in movies, enjoy guilt free!

Fabulous! I think the boards, frankly, are a guilt free zone. Nothing but fun here!
Image ImageImage Image

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Measured Mayhem wrote:Im looking forward to this one so much!

Same here! :bounce:
:freddy1:

Return to “Powered by Funko”