Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
mattytreks

Re: Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm

Just my opinion, but I think Soda has had a more successful run than Dorbz. I definitely think Soda has staying power and hope they stick with it.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 pm

mattytreks wrote:Just my opinion, but I think Soda has had a more successful run than Dorbz. I definitely think Soda has staying power and hope they stick with it.

I agree with you. I also like the Sodas and they are a nice supplement to the standard Funko Pops. I prefer the Sodas to the larger Deluxe or bigger Pops.

LegendOfAsgard

Postby LegendOfAsgard » Thu May 02, 2024 1:47 am

mattytreks wrote:Just my opinion, but I think Soda has had a more successful run than Dorbz. I definitely think Soda has staying power and hope they stick with it.

Totally agree with you, there's still so much potential left, especially chasing for the "chases." I hope it doesn't go away.

STARLORD_84

Postby STARLORD_84 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:07 am

The newest craze seems to be YouTooz. Im sticking with Funko, my wallet hurts enough already with this hobby! LOL

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu May 02, 2024 1:42 pm

STARLORD_84 wrote:The newest craze seems to be YouTooz. Im sticking with Funko, my wallet hurts enough already with this hobby! LOL

Those do seem to be catching on some but I am skipping them
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm

You’re not wrong, there’s a lot more allure with sodas

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 am

Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
There's no need to be mean about it! But hey, if you want Jar Jar, I'll trade him to you! lol

I want Jar Jar ... I want Jar Jar in a Jar, I want Jar Jar at the Bar, I will admire Jar Jar from near or far, or in a car at the mar ...

All I read from that is I have 2 people to trade Jar Jar away to! lol

Good job on the rhymes though! =D>

I'll take all the jar jars I can get!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 04, 2024 2:04 am

HockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
I want Jar Jar ... I want Jar Jar in a Jar, I want Jar Jar at the Bar, I will admire Jar Jar from near or far, or in a car at the mar ...

All I read from that is I have 2 people to trade Jar Jar away to! lol

Good job on the rhymes though! =D>

I'll take all the jar jars I can get!

So far I can be marked safe from all the Jar Jar Funko products, soda or otherwise. And it's great to know that there's somewhere I can pass them to if need be, to keep my collection Jar Jar free!
Image ImageImage Image

Cheesemango

Postby Cheesemango » Sat May 04, 2024 10:43 pm

STARLORD_84 wrote:The newest craze seems to be YouTooz. Im sticking with Funko, my wallet hurts enough already with this hobby! LOL

I think I like youtooz more than sodas. Was never really a fan of sodas to begin with.

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:50 am

Well I'm not sure about everyone's experience the amount of sodas ive seen in major retailers have gone done and even if i do see them they're open. The lost cost must not be appealing to retailers. My thoughts is that they might be faced out in retail stores but events like cons they will still be there.

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Sun May 05, 2024 3:52 am

Not too surprised to hear. The no count pieces I thought was a first sign of trouble.
I am a fan of the coolers though and Freddy limited edition ones. Would love some Franny ones to go with before they stop sodas!

I have stopped almost all soda collecting and moved on from almost all of my not Freddy’s recently so makes sense to me.

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Sun May 05, 2024 11:42 pm

I really like sodas from the lines I collect but I hope they still produce them maybe not as many. One of my favorite lines other than regular pops

NitroNiki

Postby NitroNiki » Mon May 06, 2024 9:42 am

If they keep Sodas as a special item at Cons/Events as a keepsake, that’d be cool. Though I have seen a decline as well, I just don’t think the interest is there like it used to.
"You'll never beat me, Egg Shen!" :SW9:

ImageImage

McMikins

Postby McMikins » Mon May 06, 2024 10:59 am

I hope they don’t remove sodas completely. I like the soda line and if they just went back to a piece count that would help it a lot more. The no piece count really was what hurt the line overall.

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue May 07, 2024 5:17 pm

RedRoo wrote:So some friends told me that funko may be winding down on soda's, I then checked with some people in the backend likes stores and they noticed some changes so it seems it might be true.

One of the main reasons it seems is that people cant afford a lot of soda's. Speaking from a international view they cost $30+ down here because of the shipping weight ect make them very unaffordable.

Another reason people think and i think could be a strong contender is because bitty's are outselling them. There cheaper, ezyer to display and also strike the minature market.

If this ends up being true how does it make you feel?

I feel like I’ve seen far less than a few years ago. There’s just so much and some of us collectors are running out of space LOL

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Tue May 07, 2024 6:27 pm

Shipping containers is not that expensive we do it all the time. No way that would make the retail be double

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 am

imbatgirlpop wrote:
RedRoo wrote:So some friends told me that funko may be winding down on soda's, I then checked with some people in the backend likes stores and they noticed some changes so it seems it might be true.

One of the main reasons it seems is that people cant afford a lot of soda's. Speaking from a international view they cost $30+ down here because of the shipping weight ect make them very unaffordable.

Another reason people think and i think could be a strong contender is because bitty's are outselling them. There cheaper, ezyer to display and also strike the minature market.

I feel like I’ve seen far less than a few years ago. There’s just so much and some of us collectors are running out of space LOL

honistly this is why i stopped with soda's. Just no space! i barely got any for my pops!
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 08, 2024 11:05 pm

RedRoo wrote:
imbatgirlpop wrote:

honistly this is why i stopped with soda's. Just no space! i barely got any for my pops!

I know the feeling. I started to get rid of pops so I can make room for sodas but over all the sodas are easy to store.
Image Image
ImageImage

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 pm

I think once they removed the le from sodas alot of interest went away. Plus collectibles are just down as a whole right now I think with the economy so Id wager the line wasn't doing well for them as a whole. Which is a shame because its really the only other line I collect from pops and a couple wobblers.
:SW7a:

Misapops

Postby Misapops » Sat May 11, 2024 3:59 pm

FuegoGlorious wrote:I think once they removed the le from sodas alot of interest went away. Plus collectibles are just down as a whole right now I think with the economy so Id wager the line wasn't doing well for them as a whole. Which is a shame because its really the only other line I collect from pops and a couple wobblers.

Definitely agree with the interest of sodas going away after the LE was removed. I found myself not wanting to buy them anymore and started focusing more on pops.
Follow for more anime funatic fun:
Tiktok: @Misa.pops
Instagram: @Misa.pops
:freddy2:

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:08 pm

Misapops wrote:
FuegoGlorious wrote:I think once they removed the le from sodas alot of interest went away. Plus collectibles are just down as a whole right now I think with the economy so Id wager the line wasn't doing well for them as a whole. Which is a shame because its really the only other line I collect from pops and a couple wobblers.

Definitely agree with the interest of sodas going away after the LE was removed. I found myself not wanting to buy them anymore and started focusing more on pops.

Yeah. I was in love with collecting all the Marvel soda's trying to get the chase but if not happy to get a common to have the entire MCU assembled on my TV stand.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 14, 2024 11:21 am

LegendOfAsgard wrote:

Totally agree with you, there's still so much potential left, especially chasing for the "chases." I hope it doesn't go away.

Not only that, but I happen to really enjoy the Soda packaging, as well! Incredbly clever!

Keef84

Postby Keef84 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:52 pm

mattytreks wrote:
LegendOfAsgard wrote:

Not only that, but I happen to really enjoy the Soda packaging, as well! Incredbly clever!

Agreed, great marketing idea and there’s so many more that can be done

Return to “Soda”