Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
FireEmblemZack

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:30 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:I finally caved and bought 1 yummy mummy soda (and yay to most soda still being in stock). I don't collect ad icons, but the colors on him were so vibrant. Either variation I get, I'll be beyond happy and if anything, he'll be a cool decoration for Halloween :)

True!!! Welcome to the soda club!!! I will be happy to display extra Yummy Mummys and Fruit Brutes around the house for Halloween!!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:55 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:I finally caved and bought 1 yummy mummy soda (and yay to most soda still being in stock). I don't collect ad icons, but the colors on him were so vibrant. Either variation I get, I'll be beyond happy and if anything, he'll be a cool decoration for Halloween :)

True!!! Welcome to the soda club!!! I will be happy to display extra Yummy Mummys and Fruit Brutes around the house for Halloween!!!

I pre-ordered big boy since he's so iconic in Funko history but he hasn't arrived yet. But I'm so glad I pulled the trigger since I just checked the Funko shop and it sold out =D>

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Picked up Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy SODAs this morning from Funko Shop. Hoping to finally find the chase [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Nebulus wrote:I have one of every can on pre-order but had to try my luck with a few others so here is my small collection until I get my main haul in the next month hopefully.. I'm curious what everyone thinks the prices of chases will settle at to start buying the ones I may need?

I'm also trying to gauge the prices for chases. Right now they seem a little too high for my liking. I think I will wait a little bit more, definitely need to catch up. So far, I struck out of the chase every time.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:09 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

I pre-ordered big boy since he's so iconic in Funko history but he hasn't arrived yet. But I'm so glad I pulled the trigger since I just checked the Funko shop and it sold out =D>

I just saw that too!! People probably slept on them not realizing they were limited to 5000, since the original announcement didn't show the piece count

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Rpiccioni1 wrote:I’m loving the sodas! Bought 2 each of the cereal cans. Hope I finally get a chase.

Pulling for you to score that chase =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:04 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:True!!! Welcome to the soda club!!! I will be happy to display extra Yummy Mummys and Fruit Brutes around the house for Halloween!!!

I just saw that too!! People probably slept on them not realizing they were limited to 5000, since the original announcement didn't show the piece count

I didn't even realize that they are limited. Big boy is a really cool one.

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:16 pm

I was able to get one of each today and two of the three with chases. fingers crossed!!

It may have been discussed already but it looks like booberry’s chase will have yummy mummy colors, since Fruit Brute got Frankenberry and the Yummy Mummy chase got Fruit Brute’s colors.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:18 pm

strezz_dout wrote:I was able to get one of each today and two of the three with chases. fingers crossed!!

It may have been discussed already but it looks like booberry’s chase will have yummy mummy colors, since Fruit Brute got Frankenberry and the Yummy Mummy chase got Fruit Brute’s colors.

Congratulations.

terp_fan99

Postby terp_fan99 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:36 pm

Cool photo Funko posted on their social media.

*Adam*

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:44 pm

terp_fan99 wrote:Cool photo Funko posted on their social media.

Just saw this as well and makes me even more excited to get all the sodas in that I ordered from the shop today. The skeletor looks amazing, I'm so glad I was able to order one.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:50 pm

strezz_dout wrote:I was able to get one of each today and two of the three with chases. fingers crossed!!

Good luck to you on pulling the chases. I also ordered 2 Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy and all the rest 1 each. I kinda prefer the regular speed racer over the chase for some reason so only ordered 1 (just watch this will probably end up being the only chase I get haha). I sure hope we see booberry sooner rather than later and when we do hope it won't be too difficult to get.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:08 am

Hoooboy. That Skelly looks amazing
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:12 am

That was a nice looking photo of the full group. Just makes me want more of them.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Nebulus

Postby Nebulus » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:14 am

Ratattack wrote:
Nebulus wrote:I have one of every can on pre-order but had to try my luck with a few others so here is my small collection until I get my main haul in the next month hopefully.. I'm curious what everyone thinks the prices of chases will settle at to start buying the ones I may need?

I'm also trying to gauge the prices for chases. Right now they seem a little too high for my liking. I think I will wait a little bit more, definitely need to catch up. So far, I struck out of the chase every time.

Right now if I can snipe them for $30 or less I will. I've been able to do it a few times. Maybe that's still overpaying but we'll see!

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:18 am

Can't wait to see Freddy Funko in this form. i wonder when it will be released. Fundays? If it is still pushing through
ImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:35 am

Nebulus wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Right now if I can snipe them for $30 or less I will. I've been able to do it a few times. Maybe that's still overpaying but we'll see!

Actually if I found some for around $30, I'd probably pull the trigger. $30 compared to the prices I've found is a great deal. In the average, I've found the chases ranging from $55-$80+

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:37 am

bizzydesigner wrote:

It really does! Metallic has such a great finish. It's very elegant.
This might be a hot take, but I think this Skeleton looks so much better than the Chase version of the first Skeletor.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:39 am

I'm really liking the wooden risers they used for the display. It really makes their colors pop! Now, I think I know what my backdrop's color will be! :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:40 am

FunkoLoco wrote:Can't wait to see Freddy Funko in this form. i wonder when it will be released. Fundays? If it is still pushing through

Same here. I'm most intrigued about if it will have a chase. And if it does, I wonder what it will look like. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:42 am

Oh Wow! Excellent observation!
I hand't notice that relation between their chases. I must catch up with the first wave of Ad Icons! I did manage to get the two from today, but need the first wave and their chases ](*,)

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:44 am

Ratattack wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

This might be a hot take, but I think this Skeleton looks so much better than the Chase version of the first Skeletor.

I agree! It really looks amazing, I bet the shine will look great in person! They look great as a bundle, a really nice photo!

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:52 am

Ratattack wrote:

I'm really liking the wooden risers they used for the display. It really makes their colors pop! Now, I think I know what my backdrop's color will be! :freddy2:

Simple, but perfect :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:54 am

Boymom4 wrote:

Just saw this as well and makes me even more excited to get all the sodas in that I ordered from the shop today. The skeletor looks amazing, I'm so glad I was able to order one.

Skeletor does look amazing :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Can’t wait to get all the sodas in the mail!! Since I missed out on the apron I’m hoping I get tons of chases!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Ratattack wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Not a hot take at all. I'd agree with you 100% on that. I remember when I saw the chase for him I said "dang i wish they had done a metallic disco as the chase" lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Nebulus wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Actually if I found some for around $30, I'd probably pull the trigger. $30 compared to the prices I've found is a great deal. In the average, I've found the chases ranging from $55-$80+

It's funny ... I was thinking chase prices are lower than what I was expecting. Think about it this way ... if the can is LE5000, then there's less than 1000 of the chase. How much does ANY pop limited <= 1000 go for ... quite a bit. I get that this is a newer line and not as many people into Soda (so that kind of brings it down), but I was expecting Big Boy to go for around $150. So at these prices, I think they're pretty reasonable. \:D/ :freddy2:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Just as a quick recap, here are the production numbers on the WonderCon sodas ...
Speed Racer (w/Chase) = 5000
Knives = 4000
Ramona = 3000
Skeletor = 3000
Faker = 4000
Yummy Mummy (w/Chase) = 5000
Fruit Brute (w/Chase) = 5000
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:45 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:Just as a quick recap, here are the production numbers on the WonderCon sodas ...
Speed Racer (w/Chase) = 5000
Knives = 4000
Ramona = 3000
Skeletor = 3000
Faker = 4000
Yummy Mummy (w/Chase) = 5000
Fruit Brute (w/Chase) = 5000

Any numbers on the apron? Kidding! Those numbers have been similar to the other Sodas out already no?
ImageImageImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

All the soda's are LE. I've seen them range from 3,000-10,000

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:33 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:I just saw that too!! People probably slept on them not realizing they were limited to 5000, since the original announcement didn't show the piece count

I guess that's cool. I just like them and think they are really awesome. I have some limited things. But I never have really cared. If I like it than I try and get it.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:12 pm

was there any word on the where and when booberry was going to happen ? i am hoping to compartmentalize my soda cereal collection to the big three and mummy and brute.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:35 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:It was an awesome Soda day on the Funko Shop. Congrats to those that got to add to their collection! I know I’m excited for my new additions!

Most Definitely. It was a Soda Con for me. I'm really excited for what was released and can't wait to see what's next.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 pm

Did anyone else notice that the Sodas that different have a chase had a shared sticker on the can. Here's the skeletor.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:30 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Did anyone else notice that the Sodas that different have a chase had a shared sticker on the can. Here's the skeletor.

Suppose they were to be split between the show and the shop.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I didn't even realize that they are limited. Big boy is a really cool one.

I guess that's cool. I just like them and think they are really awesome. I have some limited things. But I never have really cared. If I like it than I try and get it.

I love the look of all the soda figures too. Personally, since they are limited editions and true blind bags, it brings a whole new excitement factor to collecting them.

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:47 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

I love the look of all the soda figures too. Personally, since they are limited editions and true blind bags, it brings a whole new excitement factor to collecting them.

100%, well said!
I be Chris

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

I agree! It really looks amazing, I bet the shine will look great in person! They look great as a bundle, a really nice photo!

Yeah! All the colors play well with each other. Maybe a nice backdrop is key to making them pop! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:46 am

InternationalPopper wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Simple, but perfect :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah. That's my favorite part. It's simple; but also, it does so much! Love it :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:50 am

bizzydesigner wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
bizzydesigner wrote:

Not a hot take at all. I'd agree with you 100% on that. I remember when I saw the chase for him I said "dang i wish they had done a metallic disco as the chase" lol

lol Yeah. At first sight, I had trouble telling the Skeletor chase apart from the common variant. #-o

Return to “Soda”