Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Ratattack

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:54 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Nebulus wrote:
Right now if I can snipe them for $30 or less I will. I've been able to do it a few times. Maybe that's still overpaying but we'll see!

Actually if I found some for around $30, I'd probably pull the trigger. $30 compared to the prices I've found is a great deal. In the average, I've found the chases ranging from $55-$80+

It's funny ... I was thinking chase prices are lower than what I was expecting. Think about it this way ... if the can is LE5000, then there's less than 1000 of the chase. How much does ANY pop limited <= 1000 go for ... quite a bit. I get that this is a newer line and not as many people into Soda (so that kind of brings it down), but I was expecting Big Boy to go for around $150. So at these prices, I think they're pretty reasonable. \:D/ :freddy2:

I see what you mean. From the angle you're lookin at these chases, I can see how these prices are somewhat reasonable. Perhaps, this is our chance before these vinyls become as popular as the Pop line. Still though, I want to find some for $30 lmao :roflmao:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:59 am

ocwankenobi wrote:was there any word on the where and when booberry was going to happen ? i am hoping to compartmentalize my soda cereal collection to the big three and mummy and brute.

I don't think there has been an announcement or any reference to where Booberry would be released. My best guess would be SDCC. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:02 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Did anyone else notice that the Sodas that different have a chase had a shared sticker on the can. Here's the skeletor.

Oh I didn't catch this detail. Very interesting indeed.
Perhaps, the ones without a chase were planned to be shared with Funko Shop, and the ones with a chase would be Con only? :-k

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:00 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
I guess that's cool. I just like them and think they are really awesome. I have some limited things. But I never have really cared. If I like it than I try and get it.

I love the look of all the soda figures too. Personally, since they are limited editions and true blind bags, it brings a whole new excitement factor to collecting them.

100%, well said!

Agreed!

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:13 am

I love them more everyday. I just hate how hard it is to find some of them. I needs a fred Flintstone but couldn't find locally and they are out of stock online everywhere. I dont trust ebay for sodas since im sure the chases have been pulled and sold separately even when advertised as sealed.
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:06 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:I love them more everyday. I just hate how hard it is to find some of them. I needs a fred Flintstone but couldn't find locally and they are out of stock online everywhere. I dont trust ebay for sodas since im sure the chases have been pulled and sold separately even when advertised as sealed.

Yeah, I feel the same way about ebay. I am sure most have pulled the chases.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:22 pm

willy wonka wrote:
mikechickenhead wrote:I love them more everyday. I just hate how hard it is to find some of them. I needs a fred Flintstone but couldn't find locally and they are out of stock online everywhere. I dont trust ebay for sodas since im sure the chases have been pulled and sold separately even when advertised as sealed.

Yeah, I feel the same way about ebay. I am sure most have pulled the chases.

I'm pretty sure of a case layout with them... But I need a full case to test it out.
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 am

That ebay issue with the sodas is exactly why I would not buy them from there.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:42 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I haven't decided. I like the blend of limited run and chases and the Wonder Con seem to be drifting away from that template.
What about you?

Ahh yeah I see what you mean. I'll be going after Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy. I think they did a great job on those two. I'm just missing Count Chocula Chase :( Maybe I'll test my luck if Av gets more.

Good luck! Hopefully he’s not too expensive second hand.

I'm going to wait a bit to see if I get any other chases or double I can trade. Since I don't think Av will have those anymore. Otherwise second hand market it is.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Ahh yeah I see what you mean. I'll be going after Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy. I think they did a great job on those two. I'm just missing Count Chocula Chase :( Maybe I'll test my luck if Av gets more.

I'm going to wait a bit to see if I get any other chases or double I can trade. Since I don't think Av will have those anymore. Otherwise second hand market it is.

Yeah,I don't see him getting more. He did get more Frankenberry but i think that was a fluke.
Hi, I’m Steph.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:40 am

Hoping I get some chases in my Wondercon purchases :D I love the orange Yummy Mummy and also I want the Speed Racer one :) I also got a Fruit Brute so that would be fun too.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 am

kihou wrote:Hoping I get some chases in my Wondercon purchases :D I love the orange Yummy Mummy and also I want the Speed Racer one :) I also got a Fruit Brute so that would be fun too.

Really excited to pop these open as well! Yummy Mummy's chase and nonchase pieces look so great!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Did anyone else notice that the Sodas that different have a chase had a shared sticker on the can. Here's the skeletor.

What a great soda figure either way =D> =D> =D>
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:01 am

My WonderCon order just shipped. Can't wait to open up some cans :)

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

RobinBear177 wrote:My WonderCon order just shipped. Can't wait to open up some cans :)

Lucky no updates for me yet! :(
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:16 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:My WonderCon order just shipped. Can't wait to open up some cans :)

Same, got the email this morning! And for me that usually means within a few days from now so I cant wait to show my epic haul! :D :D
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Same, got the email this morning! And for me that usually means within a few days from now so I cant wait to show my epic haul! :D :D

My order shipped as well. It will definitely be a good day when it arrives...the anticipation of opening the can and finding out whether you got a chase or not is awesome.

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

I can't wait either! I'm so happy I was able to get an order for all despite my computer having a hiccup

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:40 pm

I'm really disappointed I haven't been able to pick one up for myself yet. Sold out online and besides, I'd prefer going in-person. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the quarantine is over :(
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I'm really disappointed I haven't been able to pick one up for myself yet. Sold out online and besides, I'd prefer going in-person. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the quarantine is over :(

Surprisingly the Scott Pilgrim ones are all still on the Funko Shop but yeah these have been selling out like crazy! But I know if they make a Pennywise soda...… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:40 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I'm really disappointed I haven't been able to pick one up for myself yet. Sold out online and besides, I'd prefer going in-person. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the quarantine is over :(

Surprisingly the Scott Pilgrim ones are all still on the Funko Shop but yeah these have been selling out like crazy! But I know if they make a Pennywise soda...… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Guess no one likes knives or wants a third Ramona...
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:44 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Surprisingly the Scott Pilgrim ones are all still on the Funko Shop but yeah these have been selling out like crazy! But I know if they make a Pennywise soda...… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eh, I do. I think the Scott Pilgrim designs works really well for sodas. I actually prefer them over the POPs!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:44 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Surprisingly the Scott Pilgrim ones are all still on the Funko Shop but yeah these have been selling out like crazy! But I know if they make a Pennywise soda...… :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eh, I do. I think the Scott Pilgrim designs works really well for sodas. I actually prefer them over the POPs!

And who else? You're not gonna buy them all! :P
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:54 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Hrmm pennywise you say.....
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:08 am

Ratattack wrote:

Perhaps, the ones without a chase were planned to be shared with Funko Shop, and the ones with a chase would be Con only? :-k

As far as I'm aware I don't think any of the Skeletors have a chase. No chase for Faker or the 2 Scott Pilgrim WonderCon Sodas either. Not sure why but no chases on these 4 :-k

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:10 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

As far as I'm aware I don't think any of the Skeletors have a chase. No chase for Faker or the 2 Scott Pilgrim WonderCon Sodas either. Not sure why but no chases on these 4 :-k

I mean the WonderCon Skeletors. I know the first Skeletor has a chase. Lol

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:27 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yeah,I don't see him getting more. He did get more Frankenberry but i think that was a fluke.

What did you ended up pulling from Wonder Con?
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

I'd be THRILLED
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:35 am

FunkOCD wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

And who else? You're not gonna buy them all! :P

If i ever get a a mancave again, I’ll start on the soda line, and be interested in the SP figures bc the year are some of the best designs of the bunch in my opinion.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:45 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I can understand Skeletor because he looks amazing all on his own. He doesn't need a chase. The others, I wished they had a chase, specially Knives Chao. #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:48 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
Cod3NameCornDog wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I mean the WonderCon Skeletors. I know the first Skeletor has a chase. Lol

Oh yes, I knew what you meant :D ;-)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:56 am

Have you tried searching for the chase directly from the secondary market? I've been looking there lately because I'm also noticing it's getting harder and harder to find the SODAs in-stock. I was counting to find these in-store at Hot Topic and BoxLunch, but then the pandemic happened. It looks like this line is picking up in popularity; and compared to most pop releases, these SODAs are very limited not to mention they have true chases. I can only imagine how much popular these will get when people start pulling the Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy chases. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:00 am

kihou wrote:Hoping I get some chases in my Wondercon purchases :D I love the orange Yummy Mummy and also I want the Speed Racer one :) I also got a Fruit Brute so that would be fun too.

Good luck with your SODA pulls. I'm also eagerly waiting for my shipment to arrive. I haven't even received a shipping email ](*,)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:01 am

Lucky! Good luck finding the chase! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:02 am

FunkOCD wrote:

Lucky no updates for me yet! :(

Same here ](*,)
I hope nothing is wrong with my order #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:04 am

FunkOCD wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

I wish they gave Knives a chase.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 am

Loving the sodas. It's fun seeing if you get that limited chase or not. Also like getting the con exclusive one's!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:57 am

Ratattack wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I wish they gave Knives a chase.

What would that look like?
ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:21 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

What did you ended up pulling from Wonder Con?

I was focused on the apparel so I didn't get any soda.
Hi, I’m Steph.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Ratattack wrote:

Have you tried searching for the chase directly from the secondary market? I've been looking there lately because I'm also noticing it's getting harder and harder to find the SODAs in-stock. I was counting to find these in-store at Hot Topic and BoxLunch, but then the pandemic happened. It looks like this line is picking up in popularity; and compared to most pop releases, these SODAs are very limited not to mention they have true chases. I can only imagine how much popular these will get when people start pulling the Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy chases. :-k

Yeah.. Im considering just buying it outright. Just hate feeding the chase flippers and would like to avoid it if possible
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Return to “Soda”