Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Sonic77

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Sonic77 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 pm

NickR2012 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:Got the Cap n Crunch chase (and common) at Funko Hollywood today... Sadly still no Muttley/Dick chase! (not complaining :) )
Hopefully Funko Hollywood will have the Sodas that went online and sold out today!

CONGRATS! I wanna see what the duo looks like with the POGs! The pictures I see online, they don't even open the bags!!!

Thank you! Here is my picture then ;)

Spoiler: show

Wow great pull on the chase, that looks way better than I thought.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I actually got lucky and managed to grab 2 Cap'n crunch sodas before they sold out. Hope other funatics had the same success.

Congrats, my husband was able to get him. I had no such luck. lol

Congrats to your husband and I'm sure he'll share lol Wishing you luck on the chase, although the common is just as awesome.

Thanks, yeah I hope we get’em (the chase) if not I’ll be fine with it common. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:50 am

lavery01 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Congrats, my husband was able to get him. I had no such luck. lol

Congrats to your husband and I'm sure he'll share lol Wishing you luck on the chase, although the common is just as awesome.

Thanks, yeah I hope we get’em (the chase) if not I’ll be fine with it common. lol

My thoughts also, more of a fan of the color.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:53 am

digithor wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

Me too. Not a huge fan of the black and white releases Funko does. It makes sense for old characters, so I can see it with Cap'n Crunch, but still feel like they look bland.
Poppin'

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:17 pm

i was able to grab 2 flashes on friday with the restock, the very first time i actually bought anything from funko directly. it's always been ebay or facebook sales/trades for me, so i'm excited to get something straight from them. FINGERS CROSSED!!!
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:25 am

nogimmick wrote:i was able to grab 2 flashes on friday with the restock, the very first time i actually bought anything from funko directly. it's always been ebay or facebook sales/trades for me, so i'm excited to get something straight from them. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

I keep thinking of sheldon in his flash outfit when I look at that soda.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am

theraven00 wrote:
digithor wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Me too. Not a huge fan of the black and white releases Funko does. It makes sense for old characters, so I can see it with Cap'n Crunch, but still feel like they look bland.

I agree, definitely a bigger fan of the color...but still always fun to pull the chase. I don't seem to have much luck with the soda chases, so won't be disappointed with the common on this one that's for sure.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:17 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Another update to Funko Shop soda stock: They have the following available
Bebop, Mer-Man, Secret Squirrel, Aku, Roger Rabbit, Flash and Stay Puft
I ordered some Roger Rabbits. I am liking these random Funko Shop releases of the sodas way before other retailers are getting them

I ordered 1 of each and scored the free Freddy...definitely a win-win in my book. Also, liking the random soda releases on the Funko shop, just need to make it a habit of checking the shop more often I guess.

I think the random drops help drive traffic to the site and it is kind of cool as well. You might get lucky and find a hard to find out that you really need because most bots and people don't go to the site unless its a drop that is posted in social media. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:31 am

nogimmick wrote:i was able to grab 2 flashes on friday with the restock, the very first time i actually bought anything from funko directly. it's always been ebay or facebook sales/trades for me, so i'm excited to get something straight from them. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Good luck! For your first funko order, you deserve to score a chase!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:32 am

digithor wrote:

So glad it's not just me! Kinda makes me love it more. If they want to give us TBBT sodas at some point, I will be all over that!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:01 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

So glad it's not just me! Kinda makes me love it more. If they want to give us TBBT sodas at some point, I will be all over that!

A full line of those sodas would be great, especially since I don't have any of the pops.
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

A full line of those sodas would be great, especially since I don't have any of the pops.

Yep ... I'm all for them! :-"
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:37 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I've only got the recent SDCC versions of the characters cosplaying. I would get a kick out of them even if they confused me with their real versions! I really want Amy Farah Fowler in her tiara as a soda. I think that line would be great as sodas! I'll add it to the list of the rest of the lines I want as sodas - still hoping for Star Trek!
Last edited by Katers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:39 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

There are so many soda lines we need at this point! At least BBT sodas wouldn't have to be a huge collection, I'd kind of like them as a smaller group.
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:05 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I've only got the recent SDCC versions of the characters cosplaying. I would get a kick out of them even if they confused me with their real versions! I really want Amy Farah Fowlers in her tiara as a soda. I think that line would be great as sodas! I'll add it to the list of the rest of the lines I want as sodas - still hoping for Star Trek!

Ah yes those recent ones from sdcc, those are neat looking. I forgot about those and they were easy enough to pick up.
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:

There are so many soda lines we need at this point! At least BBT sodas wouldn't have to be a huge collection, I'd kind of like them as a smaller group.

Agreed. I don't need the whole expanded character list with variations and all.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Katers wrote:

Hopefully they ship soon! I got an email yesterday that they are behind on shipping and to please be patient. Between that and still waiting for them to ship the previous wave to my favorite mom & pop shop to fill my pre-order I am getting antsy!

:-({|=
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hopefully they ship soon! I got an email yesterday that they are behind on shipping and to please be patient. Between that and still waiting for them to ship the previous wave to my favorite mom & pop shop to fill my pre-order I am getting antsy!

Should be soon, I got that email the other day and then had my shipment out the following day.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:13 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I've only got the recent SDCC versions of the characters cosplaying. I would get a kick out of them even if they confused me with their real versions! I really want Amy Farah Fowler in her tiara as a soda. I think that line would be great as sodas! I'll add it to the list of the rest of the lines I want as sodas - still hoping for Star Trek!

Ah yes those recent ones from sdcc, those are neat looking. I forgot about those and they were easy enough to pick up.

I would take just about anything in the Big Bang Theory line. Plenty of room to expand it with previously unreleased characters, too. Or keep it small and just give us our core group of 7.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Agreed. I don't need the whole expanded character list with variations and all.

I'd like the main 7 at the very least, maybe add Stuart in as well? Poor Stuart - always gets forgotten!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:

I feel ya, but good things come to those who wait!

In the last 2 days, I've gotten shipment notification on 3 different pre-ordered sodas. Woohoo! Can't wait to open them and see what I got! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Katers wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
Katers wrote:

In the last 2 days, I've gotten shipment notification on 3 different pre-ordered sodas. Woohoo! Can't wait to open them and see what I got! :cheers:

Congrats! Now just hope they arrive. I have several things that have not moved in weeks.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:19 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Katers wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Congrats! Now just hope they arrive. I have several things that have not moved in weeks.

I still don't have a estimated delivery date, but looking at where they shipped from - honestly, they should've been here today. I could DRIVE to them in just over half an hour to retrieve them in person! But alas - it's the busy season for shipping. If I get them before the holiday, I'll consider myself fortunate!

Hopefully you start seeing movement on your stuff soon! Feels like we are trapped in the waiting game right now! ](*,) lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:30 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would take just about anything in the Big Bang Theory line. Plenty of room to expand it with previously unreleased characters, too. Or keep it small and just give us our core group of 7.

I could go for some sodas to start and then if they did a few other characters as pops to follow up.
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Katers wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Katers wrote:

I still don't have a estimated delivery date, but looking at where they shipped from - honestly, they should've been here today. I could DRIVE to them in just over half an hour to retrieve them in person! But alas - it's the busy season for shipping. If I get them before the holiday, I'll consider myself fortunate!

Hopefully you start seeing movement on your stuff soon! Feels like we are trapped in the waiting game right now! ](*,) lol

Yep ... shipping is really tough right now. UPS and FedEx have basically said "we can't handle all this volume" and have decided not to do daily pickups from their normal accounts. I've received tracking notifications from GameStop, Hot Topic, etc that say they were shipped on Monday, yet they haven't even been given to FedEx or UPS yet. They'll come eventually ... :blackeye:

Vendors should just add a step to their process to physically take packages to FedEx instead of relying upon pickups that aren't happening O:)
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:22 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Yep ... shipping is really tough right now. UPS and FedEx have basically said "we can't handle all this volume" and have decided not to do daily pickups from their normal accounts. I've received tracking notifications from GameStop, Hot Topic, etc that say they were shipped on Monday, yet they haven't even been given to FedEx or UPS yet. They'll come eventually ... :blackeye:

Vendors should just add a step to their process to physically take packages to FedEx instead of relying upon pickups that aren't happening O:)

This doesn't surprise me. I can't imagine the number of packages that they are having to handle at this time. It is probably insane.
Collecting since 2014

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:42 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

This doesn't surprise me. I can't imagine the number of packages that they are having to handle at this time. It is probably insane.

Yep ... even with USPS Informed Delivery, they're including the following text at the top of the email ...
"USPS is experiencing unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience and remain committed to delivering the holidays to you."
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:59 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I could go for some sodas to start and then if they did a few other characters as pops to follow up.

Yeah, if they did people like Stuart or Burt as con exclusives, I would love that! Keep the main line intact, and then treat extras as special!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:08 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

](*,) No kidding! I have things showing up that never even showed movement, and other stuff that I didn't get a notification on in the first place. Makes it fun to open the front door and see what's on my doorstep!

I got my first recent shipment of soda today - Michelangelo from the TMNT line. I love him, but alas...common. So far I'm 0/3 on TMNT chases. Good thing I like the general look of the line regardless! Donnie and Freddy Mercury should be here soon, hopefully, keeping my fingers crossed!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Sonic77 wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:CONGRATS! I wanna see what the duo looks like with the POGs! The pictures I see online, they don't even open the bags!!!

I got so lucky. I went up for pop people soft open, and funko employee pulled two and both chase. It is awesome, but would love the common.
Collecting since 2014

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

I got so lucky. I went up for pop people soft open, and funko employee pulled two and both chase. It is awesome, but would love the common.

Nice! It's a better problem to have than the opposite! ;)
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, if they did people like Stuart or Burt as con exclusives, I would love that! Keep the main line intact, and then treat extras as special!

See that's a good idea with the con exclusives.
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 am

NickR2012 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

It is a better problem to have. It would be even better if it was a figure sold in common retailers easier to trade I bet for a common one.
Collecting since 2014

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:20 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Of course, watch it happen, at which point we'll be complaining that it's so hard to get those extra special characters! lol
Image ImageImage Image

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:17 pm

NickR2012 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Sonic77 wrote:

Seems like there's a lot of chases that show up at HQ and Hollywood. #-o
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:25 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Of course, watch it happen, at which point we'll be complaining that it's so hard to get those extra special characters! lol

Better make it a shared exclusive in that case so we are a little safer.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:33 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They're definitely there, but my last 2 purchases of soda were all commons! Guess that means I'm due for my next round, right? lol
Image ImageImage Image

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:37 am

Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

They're definitely there, but my last 2 purchases of soda were all commons! Guess that means I'm due for my next round, right? lol

Sort of the same: bought 3 Muttleys and 3 Supermans (at separate times, big mistake...) and got all commons. Did the same thing (3) with Dick Dastardly and finally got the chase.

I figured instead of buying a Chase for $40-50 to resellers, might as well try my luck by buying 2-3 at Funko Hollywood each time. Not sure if it's better tho.
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:38 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Better make it a shared exclusive in that case so we are a little safer.

Oh, definitely! At the very least, shared with funkoshop! There are entirely too many cons where we don't make it, either to the con or the booth! Let's not set ourselves up to fail right off the bat!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:40 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Sort of the same: bought 3 Muttleys and 3 Supermans (at separate times, big mistake...) and got all commons. Did the same thing (3) with Dick Dastardly and finally got the chase.

I figured instead of buying a Chase for $40-50 to resellers, might as well try my luck by buying 2-3 at Funko Hollywood each time. Not sure if it's better tho.

Ouch, sorry on the common pulls! Yeah, I think the way to go on these is to purchase a few together, increase the chance. The chases I've gotten from Hollywood were all when I bought at least 2.

I think that's what I'll start doing on the ones I really want the chase for. Trying not to go super crazy on these so I don't have random soda cans everywhere!
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Soda”