Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby emoagogo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:29 am

Squird wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

The pace of releases is 'okay' at the moment, especially if you're going after a particular line. Sets trickle out over multiple releases, so if you're collecting DC or TMNT you're not stuck trying to track them all down at once.

But Funko can't stop themselves from opening the tap all the way up whenever they can. They're on the cusp of too much too soon. If you're trying to track down commons and chases, you'll be out of money shortly.

I was already out of money lol lol lol

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:40 am

emoagogo wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:Brian confirmed on Facebook that banana splits soda are coming! I can hear the song now!

now thats exciting news! can you share a link? =D>

I don’t think so because it’s a private group. Look up freddy Funko soda society on Facebook and see if you can join.

first i hear of this group, thanks! =D>

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:41 am

emoagogo wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:Brian confirmed on Facebook that banana splits soda are coming! I can hear the song now!

I don’t think so because it’s a private group. Look up freddy Funko soda society on Facebook and see if you can join.

Wait, I'm in that group and missed the confirmation somehow. I saw his post about unannounced Soda, did he have another post in that thread that I missed? There were over 150 comments so I'm sure I may have missed it if so.lol
Poppin'

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45 am

theraven00 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Wait, I'm in that group and missed the confirmation somehow. I saw his post about unannounced Soda, did he have another post in that thread that I missed? There were over 150 comments so I'm sure I may have missed it if so.lol

It was in post where someone screenshot his interview with yahoo and the woodsy and sleetstaks were in the background. He commented on that.

Emo or Emilio is fine.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am

emoagogo wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:I don’t think so because it’s a private group. Look up freddy Funko soda society on Facebook and see if you can join.

It was in post where someone screenshot his interview with yahoo and the woodsy and sleetstaks were in the background. He commented on that.

Thanks! Just found it, that took some serious scrolling to find.lol
Poppin'

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am

emoagogo wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
emoagogo wrote:I don’t think so because it’s a private group. Look up freddy Funko soda society on Facebook and see if you can join.

That facebook group blew up after he posted, it's awesome to know Banana Splits and Sleestaks are on the way. Maybe the Woodsy Owl will be a flocked one-off for WonderCon?
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:54 am

emoagogo wrote:Gold sleestak!!!! That ones gonna be fun to get!

I can't believe out of all the Sodas I dreamt of, that a Soda Sleestak wasn't in the realm of possibilities! Shame on me.
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Squird wrote:
Please, god, no. Flocked is my least favorite deco of all. And that's coming from someone who thinks diamond glitter was created in the devil's workshop and approved by Satan himself.

really hate flocked.

i think it works well on characters that should be furry, i hate forced glows and metallic with a passion but fuzzy is a much easier sell on a lot of these characters for me.

Tusken wrote:
I was thinking the same thing about the horror movie and hoping it won't be them but more of the fun puppet version. Them being flocked would be epic. :freddy3:

from what we know of Brian, i'd guess he absolutely hated the horror nonsense as much if not more than the rest of us.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Squird wrote:
Please, god, no. Flocked is my least favorite deco of all. And that's coming from someone who thinks diamond glitter was created in the devil's workshop and approved by Satan himself.

really hate flocked.

i think it works well on characters that should be furry, i hate forced glows and metallic with a passion but fuzzy is a much easier sell on a lot of these characters for me.

I really love the metallics in wave one. They reminded me of old SDCC metallics.

Emo or Emilio is fine.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:51 pm

emoagogo wrote:I really love the metallics in wave one. They reminded me of old SDCC metallics.

i just have a natural dislike of chases that just don't make sense. a shiny Grape Ape makes as much sense as a flocked Charmander.... do better Funko lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Squird wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

The pace of releases is 'okay' at the moment, especially if you're going after a particular line. Sets trickle out over multiple releases, so if you're collecting DC or TMNT you're not stuck trying to track them all down at once.

But Funko can't stop themselves from opening the tap all the way up whenever they can. They're on the cusp of too much too soon. If you're trying to track down commons and chases, you'll be out of money shortly.

For 2020 they released around 200 sodas (including chases), that's about 4 a week or 2 sets (common and chase) a week. That's pretty tiny considering most waves have 8 or so sodas in them, so basically we get a wave a month. To me, that's nothing, we could easily be getting a wave a week if it was anywhere near Pop! levels haha.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Squird wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

For 2020 they released around 200 sodas (including chases), that's about 4 a week or 2 sets (common and chase) a week. That's pretty tiny considering most waves have 8 or so sodas in them, so basically we get a wave a month. To me, that's nothing, we could easily be getting a wave a week if it was anywhere near Pop! levels haha.

I'm surprised how many Sodas are still available. For instance, you can still pay retail for Green Hornet (LE 6,000), Grape Ape (LE 6,000), Woody Woodpecker (LE 3,000), Rocksteady (LE 10,000), Knives Chau (LE 4,000), and Wonder Woman (LE 10,000). And that's just from one site located down under.
Poppin'

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:57 pm

theraven00 wrote:I'm surprised how many Sodas are still available. For instance, you can still pay retail for Green Hornet (LE 6,000), Grape Ape (LE 6,000), Woody Woodpecker (LE 3,000), Rocksteady (LE 10,000), Knives Chau (LE 4,000), and Wonder Woman (LE 10,000). And that's just from one site located down under.

it is weird how some go so fast, and some stay forever. i could see Horny and Grape being much more niche. but with the popularity of the other TMNT stuff i thought for sure Rocksteady would go fast.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:14 am

digithor wrote:Hrmm what goodies might we see on funtv for sodas.

I'm hoping for something new. Meaning from series that we haven't seen...ie GI JOES, TRANSFORMERS, etc. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #KeepItPoppin
Facebook: Iz Salazar

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:

I'm hoping for something new. Meaning from series that we haven't seen...ie GI JOES, TRANSFORMERS, etc. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Yeah! crossing my fingers for new lines in the Soda brand, can't wait til tomorrow! \:D/

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:22 am

emoagogo wrote:
Squird wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

I was already out of money lol lol lol

Didn't we give that up when we decided to be Funatics? lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:22 am

daOCHO wrote:

Yeah! crossing my fingers for new lines in the Soda brand, can't wait til tomorrow! \:D/

New lines are always welcome, I'm hoping for some Star Wars.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 am

Those would be cool. I can see that since they’ve pushed all this retro toys stuff out. I think we’ll see a new Marvel one.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:03 am

So thought I'd post this since I just completed my TMNT Chase set. Now I just need a TMNT #1 1st print to go with it which won't ever happen with the current market lol.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 am

Sonic77 wrote:So thought I'd post this since I just completed my TMNT Chase set. Now I just need a TMNT #1 1st print to go with it which won't ever happen with the current market lol.

turtle power! congrats on the sweet chase set! =D> =D> =D>

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Sonic77 wrote:So thought I'd post this since I just completed my TMNT Chase set. Now I just need a TMNT #1 1st print to go with it which won't ever happen with the current market lol.

CGC graded 9.8 or above i'd hope ;)

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Congrats on the TMNT set!! Looks awesome all together :)

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:28 pm

I'm ready/not ready for all the release news we'll probably get in today's FunTV!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:35 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:I'm ready/not ready for all the release news we'll probably get in today's FunTV!

I hear ya. I'm trying to create space but I never seem to catch up enough.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

CGC graded 9.8 or above i'd hope ;)

Of course, if you pick up a book like this you might as well go hard lol . I was actually saving up for one until the market spiked hard and totally ran away from me. I guess I'll have to settle with my 2nd and 3rd prints for now.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Of course, if you pick up a book like this you might as well go hard lol . I was actually saving up for one until the market spiked hard and totally ran away from me. I guess I'll have to settle with my 2nd and 3rd prints for now.

i hear ya, as much as i do genuinely enjoy sharing my hobby with others i can't wait till "nerd" stuff isn't cool again so all the fake fans can go back to their lives and stop driving prices up on everything. lol

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Wow that Mojo Jojo chase is probably one of the best chases yet. Looks so insanely cool. Super Chicken is also great and I like the Rat Fink
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:30 pm

mojo is the best looking soda of the all the reveals! also really pumped about the stan lee sodas!

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:32 pm

For sure getting MOJO JOJO, base and the chase. I'm sure that 10k count will go quick.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:34 pm

Sonic77 wrote:For sure getting MOJO JOJO, base and the chase. I'm sure that 10k count will go quick.

i can't wait to see that mojo jojo under a uv light!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Such a fun episode! Gator for the win!

Anyway, my top wants on this wave are Edna, Stan Lee and Mojo Jojo!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:43 pm

Mojo looks great, but why random neon and not exposed brain chase?

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:53 pm

The molds this wave all look really cool. Mojo is easily the best and that's an instant pickup

Four of the characters seem like one-shots for its line (Ratfink, Super Chicken, Stan Lee and Edward) so those are nice. The other three are ones with very obvious additions afterward, and I hope they actually get to them since none of the backlog for other properties was truly covered this wave. I just don't want to see that backlog never get finished
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Optimistic wrote:
Four of the characters seem like one-shots for its line (Ratfink, Super Chicken, Stan Lee and Edward) so those are nice.

can't have Super Chicken without Fred!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Mojo looks great, but why random neon and not exposed brain chase?

That would have been a great chase too. Or flocked would've been another one they could do but I am glad they went all out with this cool neon one. I kind of remember the show having neon colors and imagery because it had that stylized 60's-70's futuristic look.
But either way I am soooooo excited for it and it seems like a lot of people are too. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:30 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:But either way I am soooooo excited for it and it seems like a lot of people are too. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i hope we get more PPG villains, and if this is opening the door to more Cartoon Network Soda even better.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:10 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:But either way I am soooooo excited for it and it seems like a lot of people are too. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i hope we get more PPG villains, and if this is opening the door to more Cartoon Network Soda even better.

I bet we get Him next. I'm hoping for Regular show sodas.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:23 pm

Mr Yac wrote:i hope we get more PPG villains, and if this is opening the door to more Cartoon Network Soda even better.

Since Dexter and Jonny Bravo were super huge POP successes, I really wanna see more Cartoon Network stuff for POPs and Sodas!!
Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd & Eddy, Courage, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
I think Grim would work really well as a soda with his lankiness. And Billy and Mandy as well for shorter figures.
And then for PPG villains, Princess Morbucks would be cool or the Gangreen Gang. Rowdyruff boys would be funny chases for the PPG themselves

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:02 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Since Dexter and Jonny Bravo were super huge POP successes, I really wanna see more Cartoon Network stuff for POPs and Sodas!!
I think Grim would work really well as a soda with his lankiness. And Billy and Mandy as well for shorter figures.
And then for PPG villains, Princess Morbucks would be cool or the Gangreen Gang. Rowdyruff boys would be funny chases for the PPG themselves

Grim would be perfect as a soda. as for Dexter i want Monkey in pop and soda form so dang bad

Dsho333 wrote:

Regular Show would be great, here's hoping when the new Pops come out Soda won't be far behind.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:53 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Since Dexter and Jonny Bravo were super huge POP successes, I really wanna see more Cartoon Network stuff for POPs and Sodas!!

Grim would be perfect as a soda. as for Dexter i want Monkey in pop and soda form so dang bad

Dsho333 wrote:

Regular Show would be great, here's hoping when the new Pops come out Soda won't be far behind.

All cartoon network would be great sodas.

Haven't seen anything about new regular show pops.

Return to “Soda”