Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
HockeyDad

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:00 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I hope the paint job is good as the Duck Dodgers chase. Each wave the metallic paint has got better.

I really like the Duck Dodgers Chase. I just wish they didn't do metallic on his face ... I think it would have been better regular there.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 am

popfanboy wrote:
Katers wrote:I feel like a dork, it never occurred to me that Stay Puft was going to be the start of a Ghostbusters gang! Glad to have not thought that one through though, and really looking forward to adding them to the club. Obviously we get all the Ghostbusters eventually, but I wonder....will we get Janine and Luis? Soda Slimer? So excited for this now!

I was very hopeful once Stay Puft was announced that we would get the Ghostbusters themselves, but I was also worried that we may just get Stay Puft, at least for a while. I was so happy when Egon showed up on FunTV.

Egon on FunTV totally made my day, I can't wait to add the rest of the guys to the collection. I'll hope I get lucky on the chases for them though, since I love the slimed look! Don't want to go nuts buying multiples until I get lucky, but I may have to regardless!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:48 am

Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Vigo would be cool in Soda form, too!

i love Vigo, i will never understand the dislike people have for part 2.

It wasn't a perfect movie, but it definitely had some good moments! I will always love the Statue of Liberty walking through the streets of New York - I'll take a soda of that moment, too, thanks! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:29 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I hope the paint job is good as the Duck Dodgers chase. Each wave the metallic paint has got better.

I really like the Duck Dodgers Chase. I just wish they didn't do metallic on his face ... I think it would have been better regular there.

I agree. They should have stopped at the face, but the body is good.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:31 am

NickR2012 wrote:Yes it seems Scare Glow is the one. Didn't have it at Funko Hollywood today. Although not sure they ever had it... I'm sure the 10 usual store flippers bought cases.
(And a side note: my luck is gone! Bought 2 Rocksteady, 2 Duck, 2 Leatherface and 2 more, 0 chase!)

Say what? There's not a limit on how many you can buy.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:34 am

Sodas from this week. Finally got SS chase.
Love the glow on it.

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:57 am

anyone else hoping for at least a couple of DC sodas announced on day 9? i'd love to see shazam, aquaman, cyborg and green lantern. black adam for shazam chase, metallic for aquaman and cyborg, either GITD or yellow sinestro for green lantern chase.

PLEASE funko. feed this DC collector!!!

PS---POST 250
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:04 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Sodas from this week. Finally got SS chase.

nice, i want the Secret chase, but i need that Leatherface one lol

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:22 am

nogimmick wrote:anyone else hoping for at least a couple of DC sodas announced on day 9? i'd love to see shazam, aquaman, cyborg and green lantern. black adam for shazam chase, metallic for aquaman and cyborg, either GITD or yellow sinestro for green lantern chase.

PS---POST 250

Those are all great suggestions. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:25 am

My Soda Chase collection so far minus the Shredder of course, just added the Michelangelo this week. Still trying to figure out how to display the rest of the Sodas, the non chase stuff that is.

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:17 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
nogimmick wrote:anyone else hoping for at least a couple of DC sodas announced on day 9? i'd love to see shazam, aquaman, cyborg and green lantern. black adam for shazam chase, metallic for aquaman and cyborg, either GITD or yellow sinestro for green lantern chase.

PS---POST 250

Those are all great suggestions. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

I second this! [-o< I would also like to see a few Marvel start to show up as well. I just think it would have been great if those 4 wrestler figures were the comic book versions instead....... :-s

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:18 am

Sonic77 wrote:My Soda Chase collection so far minus the Shredder of course, just added the Michelangelo this week. Still trying to figure out how to display the rest of the Sodas, the non chase stuff that is.

Nice setup! It is just too easy to run out of room so fast...... ;-)

CerealSoda

Postby CerealSoda » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:07 am

Looks like the last two sodas are more Marvel Lucha Libre style. I think that is a total of 6 characters we could of had in Comic Book format instead. :crybaby:

I'm happy for the collectors that like these, just not my cup of tea when it comes to comic book properties.

Screen grab is from the great "Funko News" on youtube. While I don't collect POPs, I do enjoy his videos :compress: :compress: :compress:

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:25 pm

NickR2012 wrote:Yes it seems Scare Glow is the one. Didn't have it at Funko Hollywood today. Although not sure they ever had it... I'm sure the 10 usual store flippers bought cases.
(And a side note: my luck is gone! Bought 2 Rocksteady, 2 Duck, 2 Leatherface and 2 more, 0 chase!)

Say what? There's not a limit on how many you can buy.

I don't think so (except on exclusive where it's 2 max)... They even suggest buying 6 to get chase for sure (I assume they give you a case).
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Does it feel like Scare Glow is the hardest soda to get right now? I can not find one available anywhere. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

i should have like 8 coming (first one i went hard on the chase for) so if you can't find one, and don't mind getting one that's been opened i can help.

All of this talk about Scare Glow made me spend WAY too much time hunting for one online last night. And then hunting for other Sodas of course. I nearly bought the Samurai Jack ones because I think those styles (and chases) are some of the best Sodas so far, but I've never even seen the show so that would be a bit silly of me. Finally ended up with 2 Scare Glow and a Woody Woodpecker. Probably paid too much due to international shipping, but oh well, something to look forward to.
Poppin'

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:50 pm

Love the glow on it.

Killer glow indeed! Also dig that thanos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm

CerealSoda wrote:Image

Looks like the last two sodas are more Marvel Lucha Libre style. I think that is a total of 6 characters we could of had in Comic Book format instead. :crybaby:

I'm happy for the collectors that like these, just not my cup of tea when it comes to comic book properties.

Screen grab is from the great "Funko News" on youtube. While I don't collect POPs, I do enjoy his videos :compress: :compress: :compress:

Interesting catch on this...they seem odd but I’m actually intrigued enough to snag them lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:00 pm

theraven00 wrote:All of this talk about Scare Glow made me spend WAY too much time hunting for one online last night. And then hunting for other Sodas of course. I nearly bought the Samurai Jack ones because I think those styles (and chases) are some of the best Sodas so far, but I've never even seen the show so that would be a bit silly of me. Finally ended up with 2 Scare Glow and a Woody Woodpecker. Probably paid too much due to international shipping, but oh well, something to look forward to.

glad you found a couple, and yeah it's kind of crazy how popular Scare Glow is. Don't get me wrong, he's quite possibly my favorite He-Man character to collect, but i can only imagine the carnage he would've caused if he was a 3000 piece con exclusive instead of being slightly more available.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
theraven00 wrote:All of this talk about Scare Glow made me spend WAY too much time hunting for one online last night. And then hunting for other Sodas of course. I nearly bought the Samurai Jack ones because I think those styles (and chases) are some of the best Sodas so far, but I've never even seen the show so that would be a bit silly of me. Finally ended up with 2 Scare Glow and a Woody Woodpecker. Probably paid too much due to international shipping, but oh well, something to look forward to.

glad you found a couple, and yeah it's kind of crazy how popular Scare Glow is. Don't get me wrong, he's quite possibly my favorite He-Man character to collect, but i can only imagine the carnage he would've caused if he was a 3000 piece con exclusive instead of being slightly more available.

If he was a con or funko shop exclusives LE 3k...folks would have gone crazy. I think he would have been more popular than She-Ra.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:12 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Does it feel like Scare Glow is the hardest soda to get right now? I can not find one available anywhere. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

i should have like 8 coming (first one i went hard on the chase for) so if you can't find one, and don't mind getting one that's been opened i can help.

All of this talk about Scare Glow made me spend WAY too much time hunting for one online last night. And then hunting for other Sodas of course. I nearly bought the Samurai Jack ones because I think those styles (and chases) are some of the best Sodas so far, but I've never even seen the show so that would be a bit silly of me. Finally ended up with 2 Scare Glow and a Woody Woodpecker. Probably paid too much due to international shipping, but oh well, something to look forward to.

Did u get Scare Glow from PC?

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:14 pm

theraven00 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Yep. I've had a few good purchases from them over the years.
Poppin'

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 pm

theraven00 wrote:

Yep. I've had a few good purchases from them over the years.

Noooooooice. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: I'm thinking about doing that route too.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:46 am

Love the glow on it.

Nice Leatherface combo.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:01 am

Love the glow on it.

Jealous of the Leatherface chase. It's the only chase I've wanted so far. Sadly, my luck is awful, so no chase for me.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:29 am

PS---POST 250

Oooh....I want a Green Lantern announcement now! I would also like a Supergirl in there. Need some good DC announcements for soda, give me something to look forward to this week!
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:43 pm

man, how much longer are they going to make us wait to see the Tick's chase?

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Mr Yac wrote:man, how much longer are they going to make us wait to see the Tick's chase?

I'm thinking tomorrow. :-k :-k :-k

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:35 am

Mr Yac wrote:man, how much longer are they going to make us wait to see the Tick's chase?

I'm thinking tomorrow. :-k :-k :-k

Lol I'm hoping tomorrow also, been watching each day for it.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 am

Have you shown off all the chases besides that one so far?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:32 am

digithor wrote:
Have you shown off all the chases besides that one so far?

they have. Wedding outfit Beetlejuice, slimed Egon, shiny Rosie, alternate color Fearless Leader and glowing Quisp. but alas, the Tick is still a mystery!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:42 am

My EE soda order is in! Sitting in a box in the front hallway, torturing me with the knowledge that it's there and I can't open the box! ](*,)

I often combine EE orders with a friend when there's stuff we both want, and we both have sodas in this order. Can't open without her, because we each get to take turns picking which soda is ours. We each have a Flash, a Stay Puft, and she has a Secret Squirrel. Gotta see if I can get her to come over tomorrow so the fun can commence! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:17 am

Katers wrote:My EE soda order is in! Sitting in a box in the front hallway, torturing me with the knowledge that it's there and I can't open the box! ](*,)

you have more patience than i.... lol

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:44 am

I guess I should post this here too...

Lucky enough to win this Boo Berry AP from Sully on Twitch. So happy to add this to the collection.

name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:02 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:I guess I should post this here too...

Lucky enough to win this Boo Berry AP from Sully on Twitch. So happy to add this to the collection.

Congrats! That's a cool win.
Poppin'

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:43 am

Really loving the Soda line.. I hope they also sell Soda Display cases.. Would love to have those as part of my collection
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Legion Of Boom wrote:I guess I should post this here too...

Spoiler: show

I'm super jealous, congrats Av! It's a really amazing piece!!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:36 pm

philipali wrote:Really loving the Soda line.. I hope they also sell Soda Display cases.. Would love to have those as part of my collection

the baseball bat display cases are the perfect fit for Soda.

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:46 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
philipali wrote:Really loving the Soda line.. I hope they also sell Soda Display cases.. Would love to have those as part of my collection

the baseball bat display cases are the perfect fit for Soda.

yup... but loved the ones in the display shelves :D :freddy2:
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:29 pm

philipali wrote:
yup... but loved the ones in the display shelves :D :freddy2:

what shelves are you referring to? i'm always in need of new display ideas.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:19 pm

Sonic77 wrote:My Soda Chase collection so far minus the Shredder of course, just added the Michelangelo this week. Still trying to figure out how to display the rest of the Sodas, the non chase stuff that is.

Great looking collection, congrats :cheers:

Return to “Soda”