Mythic packs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Ginzo1622

Re: Mythic packs

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:51 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
It’s a MAJOR gamble. Since I don’t collect Anime or Funime it’s going to hurt when a fandom I collect runs into this. :mir1:

I don’t think it’s a gamble considering you get a 100% chance of a redeemable if you manage to get the mythic pack

Right, but what IF that redeemable turns out to be worth $40?

No way it's going to price that low. It's a LE499 Freddy. But if ever that happen I will be happy to buy couple of them
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 7:17 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
I don’t think it’s a gamble considering you get a 100% chance of a redeemable if you manage to get the mythic pack

No way it's going to price that low. It's a LE499 Freddy. But if ever that happen I will be happy to buy couple of them

It’s still too much IMO and I guess I should buckle down for when a fandom of mine goes down the same path. :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:50 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

It’s still too much IMO and I guess I should buckle down for when a fandom of mine goes down the same path. :mir1:

I really do like that it is an LE499 and gives everyone a chance at it. Hopefully they keep it, and offer different sizes of Freddy's in the future.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
It’s a MAJOR gamble. Since I don’t collect Anime or Funime it’s going to hurt when a fandom I collect runs into this. :mir1:

Yeah you just never know how these things are going to turn out. Outside of the 10. I have bought premiums and got nothing and bought standard and got 2 redeemable out of it.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 am

Lakerfan75 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I really do like that it is an LE499 and gives everyone a chance at it. Hopefully they keep it, and offer different sizes of Freddy's in the future.

Good Point.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 am

hailmary25 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

Yeah you just never know how these things are going to turn out. Outside of the 10. I have bought premiums and got nothing and bought standard and got 2 redeemable out of it.

Exactly my point. One day I was only able to purchase 2 standards and grabbed 3 redeemable. Anything can happen.
Image Image
ImageImage

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Wed May 01, 2024 12:59 pm

Do you guys think the shipping of a 10 inch will be double boxed? This is big money

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed May 01, 2024 1:14 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Exactly my point. One day I was only able to purchase 2 standards and grabbed 3 redeemable. Anything can happen.

I've seen people get 2 grails out of a standard. This definitely hasn't happened to me, but that's why it's a rush. You never know what you're going to get

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 1:35 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I've seen people get 2 grails out of a standard. This definitely hasn't happened to me, but that's why it's a rush. You never know what you're going to get

I have seen that too. I can't imagine pulling 2 grails, or even multiple legendaries in one pack. I have had so/so luck, but it is still fun, especially when you hit!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 2:06 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

The Rush! :wwe12:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 2:08 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I have seen that too. I can't imagine pulling 2 grails, or even multiple legendaries in one pack. I have had so/so luck, but it is still fun, especially when you hit!

That’s exactly true. The feeling of hitting on a pack. :wwe12:
Image Image
ImageImage

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:42 pm

I'm really excited about the mythic pack, but with it being 499 packs, I'm hoping the bots don't take all of them and put them up for sale. I'm not sure how many true collectors would be able to get their hands on them. Many would probably be relisted close or higher than 200 initially.

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 pm

Hopefully I can score a mythic pack. Good luck to everyone
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022, 2023
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022, 2023

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

For this past transformers I hit 2 legendaries in one pack. Sadly it was the same one lol

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 4:15 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

For this past transformers I hit 2 legendaries in one pack. Sadly it was the same one lol

Oh trust me, I know the feeling of that. I believe that’s happened to me quite a few times already.
Image Image
ImageImage

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:38 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Oh trust me, I know the feeling of that. I believe that’s happened to me quite a few times already.

Wow, I can't imagine hitting more than one redeemable. I need some of that luck. How many packs do you typically purchase? And it is a combination of standard and premium, or just premium? I know it is all random, but just curious.

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Wed May 01, 2024 5:12 pm

1005_echo wrote:With the Funanime announcement of the Mythic packs, will those be limited to that drop or will all drops get them??

It would be interesting if all drops or popular drops get them
I think after a while if it’s a common occurrence they won’t sell as fast

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:
1005_echo wrote:With the Funanime announcement of the Mythic packs, will those be limited to that drop or will all drops get them??

You are right, if they include them for all the drops, perhaps it won't be as special. But it is nice that they are now realizing that maybe some of us want a guaranteed redeemable. NFTs in general are no longer as valuable, I was into NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day, but Funko has something much more compelling by giving out physical redeemables. That is the key to long term success. I say lean into it more, by offering other types of packs with guaranteed redeemables.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:56 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:

You are right, if they include them for all the drops, perhaps it won't be as special. But it is nice that they are now realizing that maybe some of us want a guaranteed redeemable. NFTs in general are no longer as valuable, I was into NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day, but Funko has something much more compelling by giving out physical redeemables. That is the key to long term success. I say lean into it more, by offering other types of packs with guaranteed redeemables.

It actually depends on what they put in the mythic pack going forward, if it something that nobody cares about I think those can be acquired easily
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Wed May 01, 2024 7:18 pm

I’m hoping to get a mythic pack. I like the idea of the guaranteed redeemable. Hopefully can even pull another redeemable out of the pack as well hehe

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 pm

Dewdis wrote:I’m hoping to get a mythic pack. I like the idea of the guaranteed redeemable. Hopefully can even pull another redeemable out of the pack as well hehe

That is they key. If you get the Mythic pack, and then also get a redeemable, you definitely get a lot of value there!

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm

Getting more than one extra redeemable on the mythic packs will hit different

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 pm

The biggest luck imo is getting the opportunity to actually buy a pack lol
ImageImage

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Wed May 01, 2024 9:34 pm

araviele wrote:The biggest luck imo is getting the opportunity to actually buy a pack lol

Right?! I dont think I've ever been lucky enough to get an insta queue or less than a minute

Panda

Postby Panda » Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

Funko should do more of these guarantee pop packs to gear more sell outs

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 01, 2024 11:59 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Wow, I can't imagine hitting more than one redeemable. I need some of that luck. How many packs do you typically purchase? And it is a combination of standard and premium, or just premium? I know it is all random, but just curious.

Well when it was tough to get back then, I could only buy 2. Now I buy 30, 15 Standard 15 Premium. That’s over $300. Is it worth it? To me it is. Plenty of fun ripping open packs and the gamble. The last 4 times I did so, I hit big 3 times and crapped out once. The one positive thing is that you can accumulate so many cards and get the Majestic or come close to it.
Image Image
ImageImage

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 12:05 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Well when it was tough to get back then, I could only buy 2. Now I buy 30, 15 Standard 15 Premium. That’s over $300. Is it worth it? To me it is. Plenty of fun ripping open packs and the gamble. The last 4 times I did so, I hit big 3 times and crapped out once. The one positive thing is that you can accumulate so many cards and get the Majestic or come close to it.

Do you open every single one of those packs? I spend $60 and come out with nothing, getting too disappointed lol

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 02, 2024 12:08 am

funkoldblooded wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

Do you open every single one of those packs? I spend $60 and come out with nothing, getting too disappointed lol

I open all of them and make it an event. Lots of fun. $60 is not too bad. Imagine this, I spent $300 and got 2 of the same redeamble that I didn’t even care for. :rolleyes:
Image Image
ImageImage

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 12:20 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I open all of them and make it an event. Lots of fun. $60 is not too bad. Imagine this, I spent $300 and got 2 of the same redeamble that I didn’t even care for. :rolleyes:

Hey, more power to you! Do you happen to do an opening every time packs drop or just certain ones? And have you a hit a 1-1 yet?

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 02, 2024 12:35 am

funkoldblooded wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:Do you open every single one of those packs? I spend $60 and come out with nothing, getting too disappointed lol

Hey, more power to you! Do you happen to do an opening every time packs drop or just certain ones? And have you a hit a 1-1 yet?

Thanks! I only purchase and open certain ones. It all depends on the fandom and what’s in it. For example, The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies of all time and I totally passed on that drop. I collect what I like. I never hit on a 1-1.
Image Image
ImageImage

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 2:09 am

movieman1981 wrote:Do you guys think the shipping of a 10 inch will be double boxed? This is big money

I remember there was a time they would box the 10" in seperate box and the put the other stuff in sorters. Ideally would be good idea to add some extra protection

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 2:11 am

Panda wrote:Funko should do more of these guarantee pop packs to gear more sell outs

Heck yea absolutely think they should, i know alot of us have rip packs and barely pull any epics. Guarantee redemption would attrack more people, especially if its something we can all like

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 2:14 am

Kenshin21 wrote:I'm really excited about the mythic pack, but with it being 499 packs, I'm hoping the bots don't take all of them and put them up for sale. I'm not sure how many true collectors would be able to get their hands on them. Many would probably be relisted close or higher than 200 initially.

I hope if we arent able to hit, that the market on them is not ridiculous

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu May 02, 2024 2:34 am

With a guaranteed redeemable and already limited amount of packs available, this will be the 1st pack sold out even with a big price tag. Good luck to anyone who goes hunting for em'!
ImageImageImageImageImage

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 2:43 am

LakerSpartan117 wrote:With a guaranteed redeemable and already limited amount of packs available, this will be the 1st pack sold out even with a big price tag. Good luck to anyone who goes hunting for em'!

You think over or under 20 min sell out?

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 am

Completely skipped WB Horror 2 for this drop, hope I can score the mythic pack.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 am

deadlycollects wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:With a guaranteed redeemable and already limited amount of packs available, this will be the 1st pack sold out even with a big price tag. Good luck to anyone who goes hunting for em'!

You think over or under 20 min sell out?

For the Mythic? Way under 20. I'd say over under 5 min.. and I'd still take the under lol

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Thu May 02, 2024 8:17 am

I’ll be going for these packs. Hope to get a mythic pack!

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 8:44 am

fairytail081202 wrote:Completely skipped WB Horror 2 for this drop, hope I can score the mythic pack.

Under for sure

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:51 am

Lakerfan75 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Usually I buy 2 premium because I think that's all you could unless I was wrong but the time I tried something different. Bought a premium and couple standard. So yes random

Return to “NFT/Digital”