True Redemption Stats

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
trzadrake

Re: True Redemption Stats

Postby trzadrake » Thu May 09, 2024 9:36 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:Yea as long as licensing does have contracts, lets hope we can get long term NFTs for years to come

It will grow on people in the coming years as long as Funko keeps it fun and interesting

As long as people participate I'm sure NFT won't be gone for aure

So much room for NFTs and digital currency to grow. It's not very usable for the average person yet, but as companies figure out how to make it easy, more people will use it. Like Atomic Hub, if they start accepting credit cards easily and get rid of wax tokens, they'd probably get more people using it.

I'm guessing how long Funko NFTs last depends on how long Droppp exists. Funko should be making money on each drop when you consider the pack cost is far more than the cost of a standard pop. Plus Funko is likely getting a % of each transaction in the marketplace.

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:08 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

It will grow on people in the coming years as long as Funko keeps it fun and interesting

I feel not many people are familiar with how nfts works but once the ball gets rolling we all going to be in this

Yes definitely for sure hopefully this is the year Funko gets the ball rolling

The ball is rolling and it is a good system. Fix the shipping, give us options to buy hard stacks for shipping and get IPs that are interesting or stuff we havent seen or been made yet.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

I feel not many people are familiar with how nfts works but once the ball gets rolling we all going to be in this

Youd be suprised that i still see people asking about how they work or even how to buy packs, the community still slowly growing

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:I feel not many people are familiar with how nfts works but once the ball gets rolling we all going to be in this

This summer is the 3 year anniversary of the first Funko NFT drop so I'd say they've had the ball rolling for a while lol

Its like a snowball its still getting some momentum in it lol

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:38 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:I feel not many people are familiar with how nfts works but once the ball gets rolling we all going to be in this

This summer is the 3 year anniversary of the first Funko NFT drop so I'd say they've had the ball rolling for a while lol

Wow, I never thought about that. Has it really been 3 years since the first drop. That is amazing.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Wow, I never thought about that. Has it really been 3 years since the first drop. That is amazing.

Time flys lol didnt realize we were on year 3

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:31 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Yeah, I know. I feel like the NFTs just started, but now looking at the physical Pops in my office and the amount of time it takes to complete the cycle of redemption, snapshots, etc. It makes sense! Time definitely is moving fast!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 10, 2024 10:20 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

Yeah, I know. I feel like the NFTs just started, but now looking at the physical Pops in my office and the amount of time it takes to complete the cycle of redemption, snapshots, etc. It makes sense! Time definitely is moving fast!

Once you start looking for all the NFTs you have stored away you realized there has been a lot released lol

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Sat May 11, 2024 6:39 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:You'd think the edition size would play a big role in the price but that's not always the case. It really depends on the license and how many people are going crazy for it. Prices have been all over the place for NFT's so it's really hard to gauge what'll happen when people have Pops in hand.

This 100% either way happy to keep collecting and adding these unique drops to my collection :bounce:
I Collect Stoof :albino:

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:38 pm

Jmagic wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:You'd think the edition size would play a big role in the price but that's not always the case. It really depends on the license and how many people are going crazy for it. Prices have been all over the place for NFT's so it's really hard to gauge what'll happen when people have Pops in hand.

This 100% either way happy to keep collecting and adding these unique drops to my collection :bounce:

I think that is the key. Right now it seems to be one of the best ways to get limited count Pops. Other than some conventions and of course Fundays.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat May 11, 2024 5:52 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
Jmagic wrote:

I think that is the key. Right now it seems to be one of the best ways to get limited count Pops. Other than some conventions and of course Fundays.

To be honest it is much easier to collect these NFT than going for numbered pop in the convention.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

FunkoGoldenBear

Postby FunkoGoldenBear » Sat May 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Charger14 wrote:Disney is going to be one of the lowest. I agree, actual sticker numbers would be nice.

would be nice but would be too complicated to have them change the sticker numbers on the fly at the factory level. probably just easier to run it with less variation/changes later on

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat May 11, 2024 7:58 pm

FunkoGoldenBear wrote:
Charger14 wrote:Disney is going to be one of the lowest. I agree, actual sticker numbers would be nice.

would be nice but would be too complicated to have them change the sticker numbers on the fly at the factory level. probably just easier to run it with less variation/changes later on

Definitely going to have low redemption rate, lets see how they will do once they are in the market :cheers:

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 pm

TBH im not convinced burned packs equates to them having less counts. Don't they have the same numbered stickers on a pack burn? I'd wager they still produce the same amount and the remainder end up at a warehouse sale.
:SW7a:

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat May 11, 2024 11:54 pm

FuegoGlorious wrote:TBH im not convinced burned packs equates to them having less counts. Don't they have the same numbered stickers on a pack burn? I'd wager they still produce the same amount and the remainder end up at a warehouse sale.

That defeats the entire purpose. Droppp and Funko have said they produce the entire amount and destroy the remaining Pops that aren't redeemed. Way back when some showed up at a warehouse sale but those were undeliverable items (incorrect address etc.)

I do wish they'd change the stickers to the actual amount but I don't think that'll ever happen.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
Jmagic wrote:

To be honest it is much easier to collect these NFT than going for numbered pop in the convention.

Yes, definitely true. I don’t remember the last time I was successful in getting a numbered Pop at a convention. It is interesting to see the demand for those versus the NFTs as of now. I think as more and more people become aware of these, the demand will increase.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 am

deadlycollects wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Wow 3 years that’s crazy

Tootall411

Postby Tootall411 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:19 am

I just did my first nft drop I can say it’s fun but sucks I have no redemptions yet

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 am

3 years that's crazy talk, that's like 20 years in the NFT space!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 13, 2024 4:04 pm

Tootall411 wrote:I just did my first nft drop I can say it’s fun but sucks I have no redemptions yet

You do get discouraged when you don't hit anything redeemable, but you'll get there one day just have to be patient

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:06 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Tootall411 wrote:I just did my first nft drop I can say it’s fun but sucks I have no redemptions yet

You do get discouraged when you don't hit anything redeemable, but you'll get there one day just have to be patient

I agree, it is all about statistics. I went through a time where I didn't hit any redeemables for 3 drops, and then I hit 2 in the Star Wars drop including the grail.

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am

Well at least they tell you the redemption stats so we don’t have to find out ourselves :freddy1:
Funko pop collector since 2022
And just another person hoping to go to fundays lol
Wondercon: 2023

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am

movieman1981 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

The ball is rolling and it is a good system. Fix the shipping, give us options to buy hard stacks for shipping and get IPs that are interesting or stuff we havent seen or been made yet.

Yeah they have to fix a couple things for sure but they’ll catch on more in the future (hopefully) :freddy1:
Funko pop collector since 2022
And just another person hoping to go to fundays lol
Wondercon: 2023

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Richard822 wrote:
movieman1981 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Yeah they have to fix a couple things for sure but they’ll catch on more in the future (hopefully) :freddy1:

Pretty happy with what has released so far, just need that protector option now lol

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:37 am

deadlycollects wrote:
Richard822 wrote:
movieman1981 wrote:

Pretty happy with what has released so far, just need that protector option now lol

I definitely like the idea of the hard stack option didn’t they add a soft protector option……

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm

There was a group doing custom stickers with actual redemption numbers and mint number of card that matches the redeemable! Would love to see funko copy. That idea!

Would make each piece more valuable immensely !

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 pm

dj3cb wrote:hopefully they can do better moving forward , so far the packing has improved , hopefully they moved to protectors soon

The initial packing was horrible. But agreed the packing has improved.

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:19 pm

movieman1981 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

That is all I want to see, different IPs and hard stacks. The shipping is the hardest part. It's literally a lottery two twice. Ones for packs and pulling redeemables and the other is mint pops arriving at your door step

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 17, 2024 9:36 am

deadlycollects wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I wish they would implement true redemption stats on their site for reference

I know a funatic here keeps track of the redemptions which is a lot of dedication but unless youre in here, you will not know of the true numbers of drops. Would be cool info to share to the people but would they really care?

They probably wouldn’t care to be honest. If they did they would have reflected the actual redemption number on the sticker…which would have been really cool
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:40 pm

zackispoppin wrote:Droppp shares on Discord the number of each redeemable that is claimed and obviously none are the full production number as some tokens are forgotten or backs are burnt or left unopened. Recently with burns being as large as they are, I'm surprised the redeemables are listed for so low. Squid Game, for example, had 53.23% of the total stock burnt, meaning that each legendary is no more than 1000 units and the grail less than 470. Those are TEENY TINY edition sizes! Blue Diamond from Steven Universe was just over 550 units redeemed and the physical is nearly double what the card cost.

So my stance is... a ~470pc Squid Game, ~775pc Harry Potter, and ~1500pc Star Wars have to fetch MUCH more in hand than their respective prices now, but so many seem to disagree. the 2000pc Harry from LACC is nearly $800 yet the NFT is running ~$600 and some folks don't see it going higher in hand. What are y'all's thoughts?

Yes I was just thinking about this. Like if they burn some or all Epics are not claimed or bought to get roylaty then what are the true numbers. Stickers would be nice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
Jmagic wrote:

Yeah but getting a pop at a booth with a dent in it you can say " please replace". I love the NFT lines and concept but until the shipping improves greatly some people are not convinced

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed May 22, 2024 11:41 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
zackispoppin wrote:Droppp shares on Discord the number of each redeemable that is claimed and obviously none are the full production number as some tokens are forgotten or backs are burnt or left unopened. Recently with burns being as large as they are, I'm surprised the redeemables are listed for so low. Squid Game, for example, had 53.23% of the total stock burnt, meaning that each legendary is no more than 1000 units and the grail less than 470. Those are TEENY TINY edition sizes! Blue Diamond from Steven Universe was just over 550 units redeemed and the physical is nearly double what the card cost.

So my stance is... a ~470pc Squid Game, ~775pc Harry Potter, and ~1500pc Star Wars have to fetch MUCH more in hand than their respective prices now, but so many seem to disagree. the 2000pc Harry from LACC is nearly $800 yet the NFT is running ~$600 and some folks don't see it going higher in hand. What are y'all's thoughts?

Yes I was just thinking about this. Like if they burn some or all Epics are not claimed or bought to get roylaty then what are the true numbers. Stickers would be nice.

YES! I think either updating the sticker to the true number or adding an additional sticker to show which number (x/xxxx) it is from the redeemed lot. It would also be really neat to see a foil stamp that says "No. xxxx" to help reinforce what the production count truly is.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Wed May 22, 2024 11:46 pm

My first couple drops I don't think I pulled a single redeemable. Sometimes I totally strike out (8 Funime prems, no redeemables, 6 epics total) and other times luck is on my side (pulled a HP master set with extras after about 20 prems, 3 MLP grails + 2 legendary in 6 prems). Its all luck of the draw but don't worry mate your time will come ;-)
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:14 am

I'd for sure prefer the number on the sticker be an accurate representation of how many were actually redeemed at the end
Attended:

Fright Night '22
Camp Fundays '23

:freddy1:

Return to “NFT/Digital”