Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Funko Fundays NFT Pack

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
PopPChulo

Funko Fundays NFT Pack

Postby PopPChulo » Thu May 16, 2024 11:29 pm

So I was thinking, what would you all think about a Funko Fundays NFT Pack that has a redeemable? I was thinking maybe 1:100 packs have a physical redeemable & make it a LE 100.

They did something similar a couple years back during Blacklight Battle where you were able to redeem the digital version of the mascots via a QR Code that was inserted into the box - but it would be suuuuper cool if there was a Freddy you could only obtain through these packs.

For instance, since we are pirate themed for fundays maybe a Freddy as Treasure Skeleton where only a handful of lucky pirates obtain the physical ! Could be something cool to partner with dropp on especially with the migration to the new platform.

Now I know this is far fetched but bonus points if the redeemable has the opportunity to redeem mystery protos. This could potentially be a way to get protos back in the mix & they could fulfill it later. I don’t know the linguistics behind that or how difficult it could be to pull off - but it’s just an idea. I figure if they could insert fundays tickets in a pack, a proto can’t be too far off the realm of possibility.

5000 packs? 500 LE ? & maybe 50 protos? (Disclaimer: I have no clue at the anticipated capacity for fundays but the numbers could be relevant to that)
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Greek187

Re: Funko Fundays NFT Pack

Postby Greek187 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 am

PopPChulo wrote:So I was thinking, what would you all think about a Funko Fundays NFT Pack that has a redeemable? I was thinking maybe 1:100 packs have a physical redeemable & make it a LE 100.

They did something similar a couple years back during Blacklight Battle where you were able to redeem the digital version of the mascots via a QR Code that was inserted into the box - but it would be suuuuper cool if there was a Freddy you could only obtain through these packs.

For instance, since we are pirate themed for fundays maybe a Freddy as Treasure Skeleton where only a handful of lucky pirates obtain the physical ! Could be something cool to partner with dropp on especially with the migration to the new platform.

Now I know this is far fetched but bonus points if the redeemable has the opportunity to redeem mystery protos. This could potentially be a way to get protos back in the mix & they could fulfill it later. I don’t know the linguistics behind that or how difficult it could be to pull off - but it’s just an idea. I figure if they could insert fundays tickets in a pack, a proto can’t be too far off the realm of possibility.

5000 packs? 500 LE ? & maybe 50 protos? (Disclaimer: I have no clue at the anticipated capacity for fundays but the numbers could be relevant to that)

How about 3 500 LE’s ? Proto , FRANNY AND FREDDY ?
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Fri May 17, 2024 2:30 am

I think now that they see the success of the Mythic Pack and how close they ended up to selling out of all packs, they would probably do something close to this idea.
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Fri May 17, 2024 6:04 am

This is a really good idea, only problem is if I see someone else get it and I don’t then I’ll get salty lol
Funko pop collector since 2022
And just another person hoping to go to fundays lol
Wondercon: 2023

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Fri May 17, 2024 11:45 am

Greek187 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:So I was thinking, what would you all think about a Funko Fundays NFT Pack that has a redeemable? I was thinking maybe 1:100 packs have a physical redeemable & make it a LE 100.

How about 3 500 LE’s ? Proto , FRANNY AND FREDDY ?

I agree with this idea but at the same time there's 2 days so the qty would need to increase
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

McMikins

Postby McMikins » Fri May 17, 2024 12:12 pm

I’ve always had the idea that this type thing would be better for the at home box of fun. Funko could put a QR code card in each box and you’d get a 5 card pack with the chance of getting Protos, 1/1, and maybe a few other redeemables. The additional cost would only be the cost of a 5 card pack from droppp ($10). This would also allow people to sell the cards as well if they didn’t want them or if they don’t do the NFT thing. The cost for the redeemable figures would also be covered by the 30k ish amount of at home boxes they sell. Which isn’t to far off from the card pack amounts that they sell when doing normal NFT releases already.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri May 17, 2024 1:14 pm

I would love this. I was super into the NFT stuff, then kind of cooled on it, then got sucked right back in with this latest drop so I'm primed for this. I also think it would be smart of Funko to do since it's relatively cheap to implement and funnels attention to a product/service they're trying to push.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:16 pm

I would love this idea. I really enjoyed getting the mascot nft card 2 years ago!
Instagram- calebshiny

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:32 pm

If I read your post right I say They should do a live drop for fundays only. Like give away 2 packs and then have people open them at fundays and have the prizes ready to take them before the nights end.
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Sdcc:2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:41 pm

Love this idea and here's how I personally would do it.

Everybody who attends gets a code for a pack. Each pack contains 2 NFT's - the mascot for the section you are sitting in and then one redeemable Pop.

Assuming there are 1,500 people each night you've got 3,000 total people between the 2 nights.

Pop #1 - LE 850
Pop #2 - LE 850
Pop #3 - LE 850
Pop #4 - LE 450

I believe the last several years the mascot Pop was LE 850 so this would work out and then you've got a chance to get a Grail which would be the LE 450 Pop. I doubt it'll happen but would be cool lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:45 pm

iRomey74 wrote:If I read your post right I say They should do a live drop for fundays only. Like give away 2 packs and then have people open them at fundays and have the prizes ready to take them before the nights end.

That would be way too chaotic having people "redeem" at the event.

For Fright Night 2.0 at NYCC they had prizes you picked up at the tables and it was a mess waiting in line. I think having people redeem online makes a lot more sense because people can buy/sell the NFT's online and Funko gets a percentage of each sale so that's more incentive to keep it online after the event.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Fri May 17, 2024 11:59 pm

They gave out nft redemption cards in box of fun at blacklight battle
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat May 18, 2024 12:27 am

I'd love to Funko offer packs for Fundays attendees and getting a chance of a redeemable item.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat May 18, 2024 12:45 am

Richard822 wrote:This is a really good idea, only problem is if I see someone else get it and I don’t then I’ll get salty lol

lol same but tbh I think it’s still dope to know that you have a chance at getting a legendary and imagine being right there at the event, scanning your QR code and you are one of the lucky people at your table that actually gets the physical! Tell me that wouldn’t be fun! Especially if they had a legendary and a grail, and you happen to hit the grail. Sheeeeeeeeee. Whats also awesome about this is it allows funko / dropp time to send it out later and they don’t have to worry about managing the products at the event. I remember when they did it at blacklight battle and the chase on those was the 1/1 of each team but they’ve come so far since the inception of the nft drops and blacklight battle that I think they 100% could pull something like this off
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Funko_Fanatic

Postby Funko_Fanatic » Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 am

I think this is a great idea! However, I think online redemption would be the best way to handle it.
Pop count - 369
Dorbz count - 51
Favorite - Gemini Captain America
ISO - Metallic Deadpool, Freddy Deadpool
http://www.instagram.com/funko_fanatic

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat May 18, 2024 1:52 am

great idea, I'm in
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:55 am

I like the idea put Freddy, Proto, and Franny

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 am

Would
Love this idea but I think they need those redeemables in there. From what I recall the Blacklight packs were just epics and didn’t include redeemables. I only saw them on aftermarket since I couldn’t make it !

Would love to try to win some exclusive NFTS this year there!

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:09 am

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Would
Love this idea but I think they need those redeemables in there. From what I recall the Blacklight packs were just epics and didn’t include redeemables. I only saw them on aftermarket since I couldn’t make it !

Would love to try to win some exclusive NFTS this year there!

Redeemable nft fundays packs would be off the changing .
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:16 am

I like the idea of some kind limited NFT drop from Fundays! Not sure how they would execute it but I'd be down for it, more limited Pops please :D
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

Meckdee

Postby Meckdee » Sun May 19, 2024 11:56 pm

I actually really like the first half of this idea. If executed well, an adaptation to the previous NFT code giveaway to include potential for different rarity redeemable's would be super exciting. Especially now that Im actually into the funko nft game unlike like the previous time lol
-Triple P- :freddy3:
FDO8:SF / FDO9:SAC / Fundays2018 / Fundays2022 / Fundays2023

Beastywolf

Postby Beastywolf » Mon May 20, 2024 4:31 pm

That would be awesome! Suprise something like this was not done last year.

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:37 pm

It will be interesting to see if they do it this year with almost 4000 attendees, they have the opportunity to possibly include a redeemable or two inside them this time around!
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:They gave out nft redemption cards in box of fun at blacklight battle

Redeemable for a NFT. This idea is redeemable for physical products. That was a good starting point with those cards though.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:32 pm

I think this is a good idea. They can replaced what they did last year where they give some tables extra pops like fluffy and sponge bob. I would think is more fair.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Mon May 20, 2024 6:45 pm

Great idea and seems totally feasible, the POP itself doesnt need to be ready for Fundays since there's always a wait on the redeemable's anyway. Always down for yet another treasure hunt kind of gift, you win great! You don't, the sting isnt sooooo bad because they arent handing out the POP then and there.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon May 20, 2024 6:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mikechickenhead wrote:They gave out nft redemption cards in box of fun at blacklight battle

Redeemable for a NFT. This idea is redeemable for physical products. That was a good starting point with those cards though.

I had fun getting people's cards that they didn't want during Blacklight battles. I still have a few unopened packs for my Killer Klowns section.

I love the idea of somehow creating a physical redemption for these though, rather than putting them in the box of fun. Then create a "grail" of some sort that would either be redeemed at the event or we could add to our droppp wallet like a normal set. Logistically, I don't think it would be too terrible for them to do this. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that means more tea for the rest of us :bounce:

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

bbauwe01

Postby bbauwe01 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:02 pm

I don’t hate it but I like the current way they hand out pops. I would like to see this used for proto’s though. This way there is an actual paper trail for them to better prove their legitimacy

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

I had fun getting people's cards that they didn't want during Blacklight battles. I still have a few unopened packs for my Killer Klowns section.

I love the idea of somehow creating a physical redemption for these though, rather than putting them in the box of fun. Then create a "grail" of some sort that would either be redeemed at the event or we could add to our droppp wallet like a normal set. Logistically, I don't think it would be too terrible for them to do this. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but that means more tea for the rest of us :bounce:

I wish I would of saved my codes haha, I ended up with high mint commons that ended up not being worth too much but it's I guess a nice memento of the event I went to lol...I didn't have luck with my frightnight code or my fundays 2022 code ](*,)
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon May 20, 2024 10:24 pm

bbauwe01 wrote:

I don’t hate it but I like the current way they hand out pops. I would like to see this used for proto’s though. This way there is an actual paper trail for them to better prove their legitimacy

Oh no, I don’t want them to modify anything they do at fundays as far as handing out pops and the box of fun, I want this in addition lol lol lol I’m trying to increase the fun here lol
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon May 20, 2024 10:30 pm

Brutesquad wrote:Great idea and seems totally feasible, the POP itself doesnt need to be ready for Fundays since there's always a wait on the redeemable's anyway. Always down for yet another treasure hunt kind of gift, you win great! You don't, the sting isnt sooooo bad because they arent handing out the POP then and there.
Oatmealman wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

This was kind of my sentiment. I know Funko is a forward thinking company that always considers how they can improve the experience & bring new ways of exciting the audience at an event like this. Every fundays event always sees certain tables getting certain pops anyways so I figure how bad would it really be if only certain funatics got lucky to hit a redeemable & got a leggie or grail. I think my baseline perspective on it is it gives every one a chance at the nft for attending & then secondly, a few lucky funatics get some rare physicals out the deal. If you think about it, if they were to drop a hyper rare pop similar to how the Venom was, gold hopper or the Black Ranger (which I REALLY hope they are considering doing this time around) this could actually be the fairest way to do it. Everyone redeems the packs & if it’s a Hyper Rare like a LE48 - this is the way everyone knows it’s truly random & bc it comes via a QR code; can’t be botted. I think it’s a win win. Even if you don’t get a hyper, even a legendary or grail is still fun.
PopPChulo

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Wed May 22, 2024 2:38 pm

I wouldn't be mad if they did the Box of Fun as NFTs. Open your pack, and see what you're going to get as a redeemable. But I don't think they'll go this route since it does add a layer of business to it. They'd have to deal with shipping, and the inevitable damages that come from that.
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Wed May 22, 2024 2:43 pm

I think it's a fun idea! With the incorporation of the Fundays ticket to the recent NFT drop it definitely seems like they're up for adding these cool easter eggs!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:52 pm

I do not know how it will take shape but there will definitely be something NFT related in the goodies box or bag
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Wed May 22, 2024 11:55 pm

People would absolutely lose their minds if this happened again. Especially considering that when it last occurred, I don't think nearly as many people were into the NFT thing.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri May 24, 2024 6:26 pm

I would be happy with 1 or more NFT's in our BoF
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Fri May 24, 2024 7:35 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I would be happy with 1 or more NFT's in our BoF

You mean plain NFT? Yeah i'm fine with that too
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Fri May 24, 2024 9:02 pm

Richard822 wrote:This is a really good idea, only problem is if I see someone else get it and I don’t then I’ll get salty lol

Haha truths! Nothing is worse than waiting and hoping till the drop / Fundays / SDCC and just for someone to win. Definitely an interesting Idea for Fundays and help promote NFT even more
:freddy2:

ThePowerOfGus

Postby ThePowerOfGus » Sat May 25, 2024 9:10 pm

Love the idea but a redemption on site sounds like a logistical nightmare and a recipe for chaos. I'd be happy to do the redemption online if I won. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
Toy Collector - Scenic Designer - Goofball

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 29, 2024 2:40 pm

sealordbrian wrote:People would absolutely lose their minds if this happened again. Especially considering that when it last occurred, I don't think nearly as many people were into the NFT thing.

Oh yeah, fans are starting to convert over to the whole NFT thing and more or less become accustomed to it. When they did it at Blacklight battle I think it was still a fresh concept and alot of us were trying to get a grip on exactly what was going on. Now I’m knee deep in it & feel like it would add to the fun, especially if it was like a treasure map with a QR code to fit the aesthetic of the event! I like the simple things lol
PopPChulo

Return to “NFT/Digital”