Alternate Chase Hunt

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
nightbodega

Alternate Chase Hunt

Postby nightbodega » Thu May 16, 2024 10:03 pm

How many of you feel that the Funko NFT world has become the new Chase Pop Hunting? Living in a small town, I personally feel buying packs from drops and hoping for the grail, brings back the feeling of going Pop hunting and hoping to score a chase.

FunkoSimpson92

Re: Alternate Chase Hunt

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 pm

Love the pack ripping feeling!! Takes me back to the pokemon days of old!
So much excitement as each card dances on the screen, I’ve pulled 3 grails and have screamed in joy each time!!
Building the royalty is a fun challenge as well, usually takes some trading and interacting with the community so I like that aspect too!
I’m a fan and will keep buying packs to rip when I can!

Cheers!

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:01 pm

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Love the pack ripping feeling!! Takes me back to the pokemon days of old!
So much excitement as each card dances on the screen, I’ve pulled 3 grails and have screamed in joy each time!!
Building the royalty is a fun challenge as well, usually takes some trading and interacting with the community so I like that aspect too!

Cheers!

Agreed. Trading with the NFT community is fun.

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:46 am

nightbodega wrote:How many of you feel that the Funko NFT world has become the new Chase Pop Hunting? Living in a small town, I personally feel buying packs from drops and hoping for the grail, brings back the feeling of going Pop hunting and hoping to score a chase.

I mean nft is kind alike it . But I love chase hunts - Ross and mqrxhalls now have chases ! Gonna go look for the Thor chase hitting
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Fri May 17, 2024 11:46 am

nightbodega wrote:How many of you feel that the Funko NFT world has become the new Chase Pop Hunting? Living in a small town, I personally feel buying packs from drops and hoping for the grail, brings back the feeling of going Pop hunting and hoping to score a chase.

100% agree. Due to work, it's hard to get to the stores to look for a chase since most times I'm late to the party lol (although I recently found 2 chases in the wild lol)
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

Caroborri

Postby Caroborri » Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 am

I kind of agree! You feel that same crazy adrenaline haha

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 17, 2024 11:49 am

Greek187 wrote:

I mean nft is kind alike it . But I love chase hunts - Ross and mqrxhalls now have chases ! Gonna go look for the Thor chase hitting

Heard about that too. May have to go out for that. But I agree NFTs and Chase hunting feels similar

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 17, 2024 11:50 am

Caroborri wrote:

It’s a horrible feeling when you open packs and get nothing good. Been there.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 17, 2024 11:51 am

Hopesdenial wrote:

100% agree. Due to work, it's hard to get to the stores to look for a chase since most times I'm late to the party lol (although I recently found 2 chases in the wild lol)

Congrats. My work keeps me away from stores so NFTs are my chase hunts.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Love the pack ripping feeling!! Takes me back to the pokemon days of old!

Cheers!

I haven’t really traded with many people. Only friends I know. I don’t know where else to go.

Funko_Fanatic

Postby Funko_Fanatic » Sat May 18, 2024 12:17 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Caroborri wrote:

This is what is turning me away from these NFTs. When chase hunting in real life, you don't have to spend money if you don't find any chases. lol
Pop count - 369
Dorbz count - 51
Favorite - Gemini Captain America
ISO - Metallic Deadpool, Freddy Deadpool
http://www.instagram.com/funko_fanatic

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:34 am

nightbodega wrote:
Greek187 wrote:

Heard about that too. May have to go out for that. But I agree NFTs and Chase hunting feels similar

Went to marshals no chases today -
Couples funatics!

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Sun May 19, 2024 9:48 am

Its called a gambling addiction

1-800-GAMBLER can connect you to a variety of resources related to gambling-related issues.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:07 am

Ultras more standard and Legendary the chase

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Sun May 19, 2024 2:07 pm

I like this comparison a lot, living in a big town on the flip side its impossible to find a chase in person so gambling a couple bucks here and there instead of wasting a whole day either finding rummaged shops or marked up chases.
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun May 19, 2024 9:01 pm

It certainly has that feel. I just enjoy the mystery component to it. It's always exciting ripping the packs. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose but if you measure the excitement of the ripping open, it's always a good time (even better if you hit).

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 20, 2024 7:16 pm

Funko_Fanatic wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Caroborri wrote:

This is what is turning me away from these NFTs. When chase hunting in real life, you don't have to spend money if you don't find any chases. lol

I see you point. I scored nothing good on the WB drop, but can’t seem to stop though lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 20, 2024 7:17 pm

Greek187 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Greek187 wrote:

Did you find some Funko products. I haven’t seen anything at mine.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 20, 2024 7:18 pm

M37R01D wrote:

Its called a gambling addiction

1-800-GAMBLER can connect you to a variety of resources related to gambling-related issues.

I think I have that addiction. lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 20, 2024 7:19 pm

jwrivera27 wrote:

I like this comparison a lot, living in a big town on the flip side its impossible to find a chase in person so gambling a couple bucks here and there instead of wasting a whole day either finding rummaged shops or marked up chases.

I didn’t even think of the time I’m investing going out. While buying NFTs takes about 5 minutes.

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:12 pm

nightbodega wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

I didn’t even think of the time I’m investing going out. While buying NFTs takes about 5 minutes.

When I first started collecting I used to go out trying to pop hunt with my cousin here in NYC...we quickly learned that chases were resold most of the time or already swiped so while I loved the adventure we usually ended up empty handed....at least with NFTs I know there might be a grail on the other end \:D/
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 20, 2024 10:34 pm

jwrivera27 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

When I first started collecting I used to go out trying to pop hunt with my cousin here in NYC...we quickly learned that chases were resold most of the time or already swiped so while I loved the adventure we usually ended up empty handed....at least with NFTs I know there might be a grail on the other end \:D/

I don't know how many times I went to my one and only local HT. Was always there an hour before and I never saw a chase there. They would always say it never came in their shipment. I think they kept it in the back and store it for them or a friend. At least with NFTs, I have a better chance of getting something cool.

xbloz951

Postby xbloz951 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:40 pm

Chases shouldn’t even be announced in stores. Do the pop hunting if you really want it.

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 am

nightbodega wrote:
Greek187 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yes they Marshall’s
Bread had a lot
Of other pops
But not
Chases some exclusives but nothing I collected
Couples funatics!

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:59 am

nightbodega wrote:
jwrivera27 wrote:

Yes go value that time at $1,000 per hour at least ;)

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu May 23, 2024 10:04 pm

Greek187 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Greek187 wrote:Went to marshals no chases today -

Yes they Marshall’s
Bread had a lot
Of other pops
But not

I’ll try to see my local Ross this weekend. Thanks for the info.

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:33 pm

Yeah the dopamine from opening a pack and revealing one by one you cant beat that. Where im at if youre not in line at HT hour or so early forget about it. I do like the NFT way and gets the same rush as looking for chases in stores.
:freddy2:

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:47 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Greek187 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yes they Marshall’s
Bread had a lot
Of other pops
But not

I’ll try to see my local Ross this weekend. Thanks for the info.

Headed to Marshalls and Ross!

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:43 pm

Went to Marshall yesterday I found a galactus chase 24.99$ I passed it can’t deal to much with 10” pops -
Couples funatics!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 24, 2024 11:09 pm

Greek187 wrote:Went to Marshall yesterday I found a galactus chase 24.99$ I passed it can’t deal to much with 10” pops -

Congrats

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 24, 2024 11:11 pm

E1f4 wrote:

Yeah the dopamine from opening a pack and revealing one by one you cant beat that. Where im at if youre not in line at HT hour or so early forget about it. I do like the NFT way and gets the same rush as looking for chases in stores.

I've also seen someone appear after a line has formed and go to the front. Then the store employee tell everyone that person was already there, but had to go to the bathroom. At least with NFTs, I won't see this happening.

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Sat May 25, 2024 12:18 pm

nightbodega wrote:
E1f4 wrote:

I've also seen someone appear after a line has formed and go to the front. Then the store employee tell everyone that person was already there, but had to go to the bathroom. At least with NFTs, I won't see this happening.

Yeah i've seen some crazy things even at SDCC. A person gets to front but hey here comes his whole family and 1 pop per person he walks away with 6. lol. I do like lottery style drawings for sure.
:freddy2:

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:08 pm

E1f4 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
E1f4 wrote:

Yeah i've seen some crazy things even at SDCC. A person gets to front but hey here comes his whole family and 1 pop per person he walks away with 6. lol. I do like lottery style drawings for sure.

Yeah sometimes those are messy.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Avaliane

Postby Avaliane » Sun May 26, 2024 11:27 pm

Love the thrill of it. It's like opening magic or Pokémon for me and when you hit something you want it's always an awesome feeling!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:51 am

Avaliane wrote:Love the thrill of it. It's like opening magic or Pokémon for me and when you hit something you want it's always an awesome feeling!

And when you hit nothing it's an awful feeling. But yeah ripping is kinda addicting
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Avaliane

Postby Avaliane » Mon May 27, 2024 7:34 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Avaliane wrote:Love the thrill of it. It's like opening magic or Pokémon for me and when you hit something you want it's always an awesome feeling!

And when you hit nothing it's an awful feeling. But yeah ripping is kinda addicting

So far I've been lucky I have not had a drop where I hit nothing. There have been times I only hit a redeem or 2 after ripping like 8-10 premiums but at least was able to come away with a redeem and royalty.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 27, 2024 11:04 pm

Yes, brings back childhood memories of opening packs. =D> =D>

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon May 27, 2024 11:04 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:

I've already been there, but we can't always be lucky.

Avaliane

Postby Avaliane » Tue May 28, 2024 4:32 am

nightbodega wrote:

So many good childhood memories with pack openings! :freddy2:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue May 28, 2024 6:06 am

Avaliane wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

So many good childhood memories with pack openings! :freddy2:

Is it the same feeling ripping actual packs to NFT packs?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Return to “NFT/Digital”